I am not buying it just yet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I am not buying it just yet

Is anyone really expecting Brady to match his MVP 2007 season this year like nothing ever happened to his knee? Tom is trying to sell the fact that he will pick up where he left off, i hope so but not holding my breath. I am sure his arm will be fine but when he has to scramble and sidestep a collapsing pocket that will tell me more. When a team with a great pass rush like Pittsburgh gives him no time to throw will also concern me. But the biggest concern is, will his surgically repaired knee hold up or will another cheap shot artist like Pollard end his year early again? He better wear a brace 24/7. Lets hope Brady went the healing accelerant hgh treatment route too. The OL better be top notch or the offense won't be what Moss and Welker are spouting off about. And Brady used to run for a 1st down too when he had to, not sure thats a good idea anymore either.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: I am not buying it just yet

Nobody can say for certain Brady will be back in 2007 form, not even Brady.  I think he's proven himself to be a tough player who is also a great competitor.  That said, until he is in a collapsing pocket being charged by players who could care less if he leaves the game, we can only guess how he'll react.  I'll place my money on him doing well this year, but I won't be surprised if it takes a few games before we truly see the Brady of old return.  I can't wait for the season to start.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I would rather see a team that has a power running game, a suffocating defense in the red zone and Tom to have one of his most efficient years.  2007 was nice but if we became unstoppable on third downs we would win when it starts getting cold around playoff time getting stronger instead of weaker as the season wears on.

We went away from Patriot football late in 2007...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mixtapes11. Show mixtapes11's posts

dude just shut up ok ? it doesn't matter what u buying or not .. Brady is fine & eventhough he doesn't match the 2007 season, he'll be pretty close .. hate these negativity people have about Brady after numerous reports have confirmed that he's fine  ..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Most important squad on the Pats this year is the training/medical staff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

[QUOTE]Most important squad on the Pats this year is the training/medical staff.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

kohai:

just like for every other team in the league, including your own!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

as much as it is great to see brady throwing the ball,and being on track.there isnt anything certain for this up-comeing season.there could be other injuries,not necessarily brady,but other key players.hopefully not,but its part of the game,or maybe certain positions are not panning out.but then again we could see 19-0 this year.we wont know until it all unfolds,and we can only hope for the best.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-7-876/What-will-we-see-when-Brady-comes-into-view-.html

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Is anyone really expecting Brady to match his MVP 2007 season this year like nothing ever happened to his knee? Tom is trying to sell the fact that he will pick up where he left off, i hope so but not holding my breath. I am sure his arm will be fine but when he has to scramble and sidestep a collapsing pocket that will tell me more. When a team with a great pass rush like Pittsburgh gives him no time to throw will also concern me. But the biggest concern is, will his surgically repaired knee hold up or will another cheap shot artist like Pollard end his year early again? He better wear a brace 24/7. Lets hope Brady went the healing accelerant hgh treatment route too. The OL better be top notch or the offense won't be what Moss and Welker are spouting off about. And Brady used to run for a 1st down too when he had to, not sure thats a good idea anymore either. Thoughts?
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

I hope the rest of the league is as doubtful as you are....that will give them a kick in the pants when he does come back with something to prove.

If history has told you, Brady is one of the hardest workers in the game...there is no way that he isn't ready by the first game of the season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Im not buying it either...but im an unabashed dolphins fan...so you guys probably dont care what i think...but like was pointed out earlier...the pats will go as far as their offensive balance takes them

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

"Is anyone really expecting Brady to match his MVP 2007 season this year like nothing ever happened to his knee?"

YES!!!!

Now if the injury was to his throwing arm I would have second thoughts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Whether the knee is surgically repaired or not, can ANY knee take such a hit, period?  I think not!

As for Brady and his confidence, do you want him to feel any other way?  You want him to sound timid and worried about his knee?  Will that make you happy?  We want our players to feel confident about their abilities, otherwise, find someone else.  I find your post incredible to doubt a player's belief in themself.  The proof in the pudding will be his play this season.  He can control himself and not what happens around him.  I, like any Pats fan, want to see him blow the league away this year to prove to all the naysayers his career is done as a result of the injury.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I don't know if anyone could expect a repeat performance (at least stats wise) of the 07 season, even if Brady hadn't had the injury. Moss and Welker (and Brady, too) are simply being optomistic. But the original post seems to be implying that Tom will somehow be a lesser player because of this injury. That one I don't buy into. The WRs were simply stating that they now have a better grsp of the offense. Their goal is to translate that into better production, and so it should be. And Brady never was a "scrambler", so I doubt the injury will affect him as much as it would some QBs, like McNabb, Cutler, and others who routinely roll out to extend plays. Tom is more of a quick read type of QB who reads his progressions quickly and gets rid of the ball. The only time he'd run for a first down is when he clearly has a lane to do so. I agree with mosseffect, there are so many variables in this game we'll really have to wait for the season to unfold before we can compare years. I'm expecting Brady to be as good as always, and even hungrier due to the disappointment of the last two seasons!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I think he will be fine because he never moved that great in the first place. Also I think we will see a lot more shotgun formations and Tom is the absolute best at reading D's and gtting rid of the ball!!!! I nice running game will help also :)  

Go Pats!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Raptor makes a good point that Brady is not a mobile QB, it was never part of his game.  However, mobility is still required in the pocket.  Knee injuries are no sure thing, and since Brady's is serious, who knows if he will lose some of that fearlessness we have come to know.  I am confident he will be fine though, but it is no SURE thing.

Stat Line: 4,000-4,200 Yards, 35 TD's, 8 INT's 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Do not discount the notion that the Golden Boy's left knee now will have a big, juicy target on it for salivating defensive ends and linebackers (and who knows -- maybe even safeties).

Oh . . .

Wait . . .

NFL players don't think like that.

Sorry, my bad.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

And (to JBolt) let's not discount the notion of the Denver Broncos offensive line chop-blocking pass rushing LBs or the Raiders spearing some player just because.

BB will use a stable of RBs and TEs to make sure Brady is well protected. Meet your new tight end: Sebastian Vollmer.

With a healthy Brady and a good stable of running backs the Patriots can be as balanced as they want on offense. Let's not forget the Pats rush totals last year were good.

Be like unto the Vollmer !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]kohai: just like for every other team in the league, including your own!
    Posted by Belenus555[/QUOTE]

No, the Pats, with Brady coming off a potential career ending injury, should have 'health' as key #1 to success this year.    

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]Raptor makes a good point that Brady is not a mobile QB, it was never part of his game.  However, mobility is still required in the pocket.  Knee injuries are no sure thing, and since Brady's is serious, who knows if he will lose some of that fearlessness we have come to know.  I am confident he will be fine though, but it is no SURE thing. Stat Line: 4,000-4,200 Yards, 35 TD's, 8 INT's 
    Posted by titletownfan[/QUOTE]

Brady isn't a scrambler but his foot movement in the pocket is second to none. Right now his knee is fine. He has stated that there is nothing he can't do. Nobody can take a hit directly on the knee. Surgery or not. As far as the offense being better than 07, that will take some doing. But it is possible with the stable of running backs we have. Our running game should be better this year and that will take some pressure off of Brady. Plus, his intelligence in reading defenses and changing plays at the line will help keep defenses off balance if the running game is going well. They may not break touchdown and scoring records, but they can be better and more versatile.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]No, the Pats, with Brady coming off a potential career ending injury, should have 'health' as key #1 to success this year.    
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]Since when is it a potential career ending injury. Brady doesn't rely on speed like Merriman or Tomlinson, both of whom had injuries more likely to be carrer ending.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]No, the Pats, with Brady coming off a potential career ending injury, should have 'health' as key #1 to success this year.    
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

Just like Rivers last year?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

What the hey, don't buy it.  See it in September.

Personally, I'm buying it.  And I'm almost buying that O'Connell has gotten better from his rookie year.

The only QB I'm not buying just yet is Julian Edelman.  He couldn't throw in college, not really.  However, he has the fastest short shuttle and long shuttle times of any player in this year's draft.  When the NFL scouts timed him, they couldn't believe their results, so they had him run the shuttles again.  And he got an even better time the second time.  He uses that lateral movement to explode to his left and to his right.  As a slot receiver he gets open, and then he gets downfield after the catch because he goes right around anybody. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I don't think Brady will match his numbers in 2007. However I do think he'll have the best year of any quarterback in the NFL. The Pats will show more commitment to the run than what they did in 2007 which will mean fewer passes for Brady but I still expect around a 4:1 ratio in TD's to Int's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

The question is...will Brady see more PT in the pre season than last year ?

He barely played at all and still got injured the first game.

You would think he would need some actual playing time in the preseason.

He hasn't played much more than a half of football since the Super Bowl loss.

I wouldn't assume he can just walk into the first game like last year. I hope he plays more. Obviously keeping him out didn't stop him from being hurt.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts