I am so Stoked

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Re: I am so Stoked

In Response to Re: I am so Stoked:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : Don't get me wrong I love this team. It's just I got real excited for the 86 Sox, the 85 Patriot's, and the 07 Patriot's teams and each time it was a huge disappointment at the end. I try hard to learn from my mistakes and I refuse to be irrationally exuberent for any team again. I found that by me not getting too stoked and don't expect anything from them then I don't get disappointed. It worked well for me this past year.  Having said that, I like what this front office has done this off season which has me cautiously optimistic.
    Posted by GO47[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : Don't get me wrong I love this team. It's just I got real excited for the 86 Sox, the 85 Patriot's, and the 07 Patriot's teams and each time it was a huge disappointment at the end. I try hard to learn from my mistakes and I refuse to be irrationally exuberent for any team again. I found that by me not getting too stoked and don't expect anything from them then I don't get disappointed. It worked well for me this past year.  Having said that, I like what this front office has done this off season which has me cautiously optimistic.
    Posted by GO47[/QUOTE]
     Same here.Never under-estimate injuries.Etc Gronk

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]my one concern is the offensive line Mankins is a question mark and Light retired Continuity was a huge advantage.  When defenses do weird stunts and shifts, knowing what the guys next to you will do in each situation makes the whole line better, faster, more effective. I like Gallery, don't get me wrong, but if Mankins doesn't start the season and Waters retires, I'm worried. I'm hoping for Solder-Mankins-Koppen/Connolly-Waters-Vollmer.  It would mean the least amount of change.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

yup. solder is is the key. i hope he really steps up.

we also don't know if lloyd and tb will get on the same page. let's hope josh is able to make that happen.

on d, i don't think there can be any more excuses with talent level. there still are some weak spots, but i believe this is the most they've had in promising talent. i wish they got more reinforcement at the dline from the draft. i hear from people here that fanene is good. i hope they're right. i love the improvement at the LB level. i think this gives bb the flexibility he has been seeking. the secondary may not be there yet, but assuming dowling comes back, it will be good.

i'll go out on a limb and say they go up in d yards ranking - perhaps the 18-20 spot. i bet they rank in the top 10 in d score. yes, this year even with all the young guys they have.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

as long as the offense score more points per game than the D gives up i really don't care.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]my one concern is the offensive line Mankins is a question mark and Light retired Continuity was a huge advantage.  When defenses do weird stunts and shifts, knowing what the guys next to you will do in each situation makes the whole line better, faster, more effective. I like Gallery, don't get me wrong, but if Mankins doesn't start the season and Waters retires, I'm worried. I'm hoping for Solder-Mankins-Koppen/Connolly-Waters-Vollmer.  It would mean the least amount of change.

see my above comment water to return

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i would have preferred an elite cb. this is one of the more important positions on the field. this was the one year we could have got one.

ditto on the big outside wr. (this was the one year we could have got one).

would have also liked a very good dt/dl

hopefully we have enough including udfa to get the job done this year. id love for bb to turn it into the patriots super invitational before he retires(making it every year and winning 2/3).

i see 3 potential years more with brady and wilfork in prime.
     i would try to draft wilforks future replacement next year.
    (we should begin to determine what mallet can become this year)

if we had a shutdown corner, an unstoppable rookie outside wr and draft a wilfork of the future and another o line stud next year we would be in contention for my desired name change of the super bowl above.

hope we get over the hump this year.

go pats!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

we have the easiest schedule.  but we will lose after london

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Been a Pats fan a long time and I've never been more optimistic about their chances.  Yep, I'm really looking forward to the whole process to see how it all unfolds.  Like the FA moves, like the draft, like the returning vets. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I am so Stoked : oh no doubt about it, the rest of the league is in panic mode...i certainly know the giants are, unbelievably so...as a matter of fact the other 31 teams are petitioning the commissioner to cancel next season they are so frightened of the pats...
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Since the Giants only get to the SB every 4 years anyway, this is your year off.  Take a pill and shut your cake hole.  You got yours already.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Posted by GO47[/QUOTE]

This is terribly close to sniveling.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The Patriots are loaded for bear. You bet I'm stoked. Check out the latest Patriots All Access,
    http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/all-access.html

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In response to "Re: I am so Stoked": [QUOTE]In Response to I am so Stoked : oh no doubt about it, the rest of the league is in panic mode...i certainly know the giants are, unbelievably so...as a matter of fact the other 31 teams are petitioning the commissioner to cancel next season they are so frightened of the pats... Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE] The Giants will be lucky to make the playoffs

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Posted by GO47[/QUOTE]

How do you feel about Tom Brady in the postseason in recent years?

My main concern is how he plays and how our offense is run when it gets tough in January.

The front office has been OUTSTANDING.  This started before the lockout.  The whole reason why BB can bounce comeptition and sign a boatload of FAs at once is due to his fantastic cap management and by mainting his leverage.

He, Caserio and Reese have been fanastic working together since 2009/2010.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : This is terribly close to sniveling.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Call it what you want.  Things happen that are out of the Patriots control and I've seen my share of bad luck as a sports fan. I've been following this team since the late 60's and have rode the ups and downs. This is the best owner, best coach, and right now the best team on paper. It still has to be proven on the field. It's been a fun ride and hopefully this is going to be another one of those special years!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : How do you feel about Tom Brady in the postseason in recent years? My main concern is how he plays and how our offense is run when it gets tough in January. The front office has been OUTSTANDING.  This started before the lockout.  The whole reason why BB can bounce comeptition and sign a boatload of FAs at once is due to his fantastic cap management and by mainting his leverage. He, Caserio and Reese have been fanastic working together since 2009/2010.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

I know there are fans here who disagree but when the Patriots won their Super Bowls they didn't put so much pressure on TB to pass all the time. I realize that the offense's current strength is the passing game but this offense would be impossible to stop if they were more balanced. Heck even the Jets are gearing their defense to stop the Patriots passing attack with faster defenders in the middle to stop the TEs. Once one team has the blue print to stop this passing attack others will copy. Granted it looks like the PATs have more weapons now than ever. But I know you agree there has to be some balance and it has to be used when needed.

I agree this front office has been outstanding and I hope it stays together for a few more years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : yup. solder is is the key. i hope he really steps up. we also don't know if lloyd and tb will get on the same page. let's hope josh is able to make that happen. on d, i don't think there can be any more excuses with talent level. there still are some weak spots, but i believe this is the most they've had in promising talent. i wish they got more reinforcement at the dline from the draft. i hear from people here that fanene is good. i hope they're right. i love the improvement at the LB level. i think this gives bb the flexibility he has been seeking. the secondary may not be there yet, but assuming dowling comes back, it will be good. i'll go out on a limb and say they go up in d yards ranking - perhaps the 18-20 spot. i bet they rank in the top 10 in d score. yes, this year even with all the young guys they have.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

receivers are the least of our worries.  Stallworth is a good deep threat if Lloyd really flops, but I highly doubt he will.  And we have about 7 or 8 other competent receiving options if neither of those two pan out

and I think they've at least upgraded to question marks at their weak points.  They have Gregory and Wilson now at safety on top of the hard-hitting but oft-injured Chung.  They have Ras-I Dowling back at corner, along with Will Allen.  They have Chandler Jones, Dont'a Hightower, Trevor Scott, Ninkovich, Spikes, and Mayo at linebacker, three to five of which can really get after the quarterback in addition to playing linebacker (zone drops, man coverage).  They get Myron Pryor, their best pass-rushing defensive lineman back, along with Bequette, who can also penetrate.  They get Ron Brace back, along with the more proven Gerard Warren and Vince Wilfork, and none of them have gotten any smaller.

If more than half of the question marks turn into consistent performers, the Patriots have no weaknesses.  And they really diversified with a wide range and high quantity of question marks, so I like their chances of being a complete roster from top to bottom

Plus I think guys like Dennard and Bequette could make it to the practice squad, giving them even more depth.

And the PUP guys.  I imagine Anthony Gonzalez getting stashed, along with possibly Mankins, and possibly Vollmer.

Very excited.  My only concern is line continuity.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I am so Stoked : Agreed, we just reloaded. There's no more rebuilding of the defense... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxMd93aCvd0
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

That's assuming that all the draft picks and free agents that make the team actually  perform well enough to win some games for the team. I think there's still going to be room for improvement even in next year's draft. Just depends on whether BB want an average or better D.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : I know there are fans here who disagree but when the Patriots won their Super Bowls they didn't put so much pressure on TB to pass all the time. I realize that the offense's current strength is the passing game but this offense would be impossible to stop if they were more balanced. Heck even the Jets are gearing their defense to stop the Patriots passing attack with faster defenders in the middle to stop the TEs. Once one team has the blue print to stop this passing attack others will copy. Granted it looks like the PATs have more weapons now than ever. But I know you agree there has to be some balance and it has to be used when needed. I agree this front office has been outstanding and I hope it stays together for a few more years.
    Posted by GO47[/QUOTE]

The running game didn't work for two reasons last year.

1) No legitimate deep threat.
    2) Giving all the touches to Maroney lite.

The running game will be EXPLOSIVE this year do too the inverse of the above.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : receivers are the least of our worries.  Stallworth is a good deep threat if Lloyd really flops, but I highly doubt he will.  And we have about 7 or 8 other competent receiving options if neither of those two pan out and I think they've at least upgraded to question marks at their weak points.  They have Gregory and Wilson now at safety on top of the hard-hitting but oft-injured Chung.  They have Ras-I Dowling back at corner, along with Will Allen.  They have Chandler Jones, Dont'a Hightower, Trevor Scott, Ninkovich, Spikes, and Mayo at linebacker, three to five of which can really get after the quarterback in addition to playing linebacker (zone drops, man coverage).  They get Myron Pryor, their best pass-rushing defensive lineman back, along with Bequette, who can also penetrate.  They get Ron Brace back, along with the more proven Gerard Warren and Vince Wilfork, and none of them have gotten any smaller. If more than half of the question marks turn into consistent performers, the Patriots have no weaknesses.  And they really diversified with a wide range and high quantity of question marks, so I like their chances of being a complete roster from top to bottom Plus I think guys like Dennard and Bequette could make it to the practice squad, giving them even more depth. And the PUP guys.  I imagine Anthony Gonzalez getting stashed, along with possibly Mankins, and possibly Vollmer. Very excited.  My only concern is line continuity.

Dennard and Bequette won't be going to the PS, bcause they'll be plucked immediately.

I fully expect each to make the team. Dennard would make a GREAT FS, IMO. We'll see if he can keep his head on a bit, but him being moved all around as a FS in this D would be fun to watch.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : I know there are fans here who disagree but when the Patriots won their Super Bowls they didn't put so much pressure on TB to pass all the time. I realize that the offense's current strength is the passing game but this offense would be impossible to stop if they were more balanced. Heck even the Jets are gearing their defense to stop the Patriots passing attack with faster defenders in the middle to stop the TEs. Once one team has the blue print to stop this passing attack others will copy. Granted it looks like the PATs have more weapons now than ever. But I know you agree there has to be some balance and it has to be used when needed. I agree this front office has been outstanding and I hope it stays together for a few more years.
    Posted by GO47[/QUOTE]

agree on the running game and wonder why bb doesnt see that and act on it in fa and drafting (no all purpose backs) and in our game plans

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : receivers are the least of our worries.  Stallworth is a good deep threat if Lloyd really flops, but I highly doubt he will.  And we have about 7 or 8 other competent receiving options if neither of those two pan out and I think they've at least upgraded to question marks at their weak points.  They have Gregory and Wilson now at safety on top of the hard-hitting but oft-injured Chung.  They have Ras-I Dowling back at corner, along with Will Allen.  They have Chandler Jones, Dont'a Hightower, Trevor Scott, Ninkovich, Spikes, and Mayo at linebacker, three to five of which can really get after the quarterback in addition to playing linebacker (zone drops, man coverage).  They get Myron Pryor, their best pass-rushing defensive lineman back, along with Bequette, who can also penetrate.  They get Ron Brace back, along with the more proven Gerard Warren and Vince Wilfork, and none of them have gotten any smaller. If more than half of the question marks turn into consistent performers, the Patriots have no weaknesses.  And they really diversified with a wide range and high quantity of question marks, so I like their chances of being a complete roster from top to bottom Plus I think guys like Dennard and Bequette could make it to the practice squad, giving them even more depth. And the PUP guys.  I imagine Anthony Gonzalez getting stashed, along with possibly Mankins, and possibly Vollmer. Very excited.  My only concern is line continuity.

if Dennard and Bequette make it to the ps,  Bequette will be gone, maybe Dennard too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : Dennard and Bequette won't be going to the PS, bcause they'll be plucked immediately. I fully expect each to make the team. Dennard would make a GREAT FS, IMO. We'll see if he can keep his head on a bit, but him being moved all around as a FS in this D would be fun to watch.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

"Dennard would make a GREAT FS,"

my thoughts too were of moving him to fs

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Like everyone, I'm stoked with the roster additions.

But please, hold the hyperbole. Games aren't won until the season starts.
    As BB so aptly reminded us a few years back: 'You're as good as your record says you are.'

In a game fraught with injuries and the talent around the league so high, let's not count on anyting but a great training camp and a healthy QB and OF line.

Think Teddy B could come back and play like JuniorS in his 40's?