I am so Stoked

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: I am so Stoked

In Response to Re: I am so Stoked:
    In Response to I am so Stoked : Agreed, we just reloaded. There's no more rebuilding of the defense... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxMd93aCvd0
    Posted by wozzy

Dont think that the D will be great at the start of the season. And don't think that there wont be some holes here or there. I expect this D to be better in 2013 than 2012. And I expect BB to add 1-3 more quality players to often used packages. But it is looking better and better and I am excited too.

Overall this team looks soooo good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : Yeah it's not like we haven't won a SB in 8 years or anything. BB is the best coach/GM in football, but that does not mean that he is omniscient. Prolate is there even a small chance from your view point that we perhaps, maybe, just a little bit have fallen in love with the pass after 07? Do you dispute the 90 plus pass to 30 plus run ratio of the 07,11 Superbowl's was a factor in our offense scoring 15.5 ppg? I stick up for BB to all the trolls and supposed misguided Pats fans who say BB can't draft/can't GM/can't manage this franchise more then most here. For me to find fault with our offense does not mean I think BB is "inept" it means I think our offense could be more diverse and make things easier for Brady. That's all.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I'm for a more diverse offense too.   I suspect BB is for one too.  All I'm saying is I don't buy Rusty's argument that BB let Brady and O'Brien run amuck for two years.  There was a reason, I believe, that BB didn't give BJGE a more prominent role in the offense and it had nothing to do with Brady or O'Brien . . . it had to do with BB's assessment of the offense and how much BJGE could (or couldn't) help it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : Yeah it's not like we haven't won a SB in 8 years or anything. BB is the best coach/GM in football, but that does not mean that he is omniscient. Prolate is there even a small chance from your view point that we perhaps, maybe, just a little bit have fallen in love with the pass after 07? Do you dispute the 90 plus pass to 30 plus run ratio of the 07,11 Superbowl's was a factor in our offense scoring 15.5 ppg? I stick up for BB to all the trolls and supposed misguided Pats fans who say BB can't draft/can't GM/can't manage this franchise more then most here. For me to find fault with our offense does not mean I think BB is "inept" it means I think our offense could be more diverse and make things easier for Brady. That's all.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I agree. I've stated here many times, even as I am called a BB Ballwasher, that I don't agree with the constant penchant for a finesse offense.

IMO, even with the number of WR signings and the signing of Addai, BB is actually addressing this flaw with the signing of Fells at TE and two beastly blocking FBs, the latter a position in particular

I think BB made a mistake by not signing someone to replace Crumpler and take up a roster spot in that area.

I also feel his moves for people like Dennard and in particular, Tavin Wilson, with their versatility on defense at DB, is in in this same vein of thinking.  Instead of keeping guys who are limited as DBs, ask more of them, keep 1 less this year dn carry 3 TEs, carry 1 FB, etc.

It's funny how some cannot see I am actually disagreeing with BB here, but I also feel he;s finally seen it/will make sure he addresses it. It's ironic, because he FIXED it in 2010 with Crumpler in here and trading Moss, which is why our 2010 offense was miles ahead of our 2011 one.  It has nothing to do with BJGE;s talent level or skill set.

Too bad he hit the market and got paid more than NE was willing to dole out, because he;s better than Addai.  Woodhead does the Addai thing just fine and so will Vereen.

Hopefully, this Bolden rookie comes in and lights a fire. He has some size back there, so all hope is not lost in the running game area.

But, for people like Prolate to sit here pissing in the wind all giddy about Brady's misleading regular season stats as we p*ss away another SB ring, is absolutely ridiculous to watch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : Sorry Rusty, there's a reason BJGE's production in the passing game is so low (26 receptions total in four years)--and it's not because the Pats' coaches are too dumb to throw to him, despite what you apparently think.  I know, you'll say it's all O'Brien's fault or maybe all Brady's fault, but the idea that O'Brien and/or Brady were doing the wrong thing for four years in a row and Belichick tolerated it is patently absurd, unless you also think Belichick has less backbone than a half-digested jellyfish. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

No.

I woud suggest you go back and look at how both BJGE and the offense took off in 2010 and how Brady benefitted from the trading of Moss.

You're wrong. It hasn't been 4 years at all.  2009 was a lost cause with Brady out the year before and the team in transition trying to deal with some upcoming contracts and some issues finding replacements at WR and TE. O'Brien was new, transition year for all. No biggie.

These issues were addressed in 2010. O'Brien was great in 2010.   You act like 2010 didn't happen. 

Again, you're wrong on this topic as usual.  NE blasted the Jets in December 2010 by running amuck and confusing them.  In the playoff game, they didn't even bother and used Woodhead as a lead back. FAIL.

Try again, Prolate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Another thread bites the dust.
    Posted by shenanigan

Wow,

Let the rest of us know when you come back down off your pedestal, so that you may allow yourself to engage in conversation that you deem worthy.

Surprised

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I also enjoyed when he ran for more yards against the Jets in Week 5 this year. That was hilarious watching Wilkerson try to set the edge.  Lol!

Just a feeble run D in NY that BJGE enjoyed taking advantage of in that one.

Expect another sweep this year. It ain't 2009 anymore, virgin boy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I am pretty sure Joe McKnight isn't anything to rave about, nor is Kylie Wilson. The fact that you pretend these draft picks are wise picks and somehow part of a SB team is hilarious to all of us here.

But, you enjoy!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : Since the Giants only get to the SB every 4 years anyway, this is your year off.  Take a pill and shut your cake hole.  You got yours already.
    Posted by Davedsone

LOL, be careful he's sensitive

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : Nobody wants the top KR in the NFL from a 4th round draft pick.  
    Posted by JetMangione

Gee, it sure is something how the Jets have the bestest at every single aspect of the game and stink as a team. Isnt' that interesting.

- Ellis Hobbs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

You act like 2010 didn't happen.  Again, you're wrong on this topic as usual.  NE blasted the Jets in December 2010 by running amuck and confusing them.  In the playoff game, they didn't even bother and used Woodhead as a lead back. FAIL. Try again, Prolate.
    Posted by BassFishing

You are so wrong it's not even funny.  In the 45-3 game, BJGE had 18 carries for 72 yards.  Woodhead meanwhile had 4 receptions for 104 yards plus 2 carries for 11 yards.  But according to you BB and O'Brien should never sub Woodhead for BJGE.  And Brady threw for 326 yards and 4 TDs.  Too pass happy for you, I guess . . . 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I believe the Pats D had a flury of turnovers too, so I am not wrong at all. Besides, it's how BJGE was used, not the stats.

You simply don't get it.

You and your ilk quickly look ay YPC and completely show how much you don't get the game. It's not all about stats and never will be.

It's still very funny to me that you are lecturing someone who knows a lot more about this game than you do. It's ok if you are new to following the NFL and the Pats, but some of us aren't. Just deal with that and open your eyes a bit.

18 carries is almost 20. lol

If BJGE got 18 carries in the SB, we win it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I believe the Pats D had a flury of turnovers too, so I am not wrong at all. Besides, it's how BJGE was used, not the stats. You simply don't get it. You and your ilk quickly look ay YPC and completely show how much you don't get the game. It's not all about stats and never will be. It's still very funny to me that you are lecturing someone who knows a lot more about this game than you do. It's ok if you are new to following the NFL and the Pats, but some of us aren't. Just deal with that and open your eyes a bit. 18 carries is almost 20. lol If BJGE got 18 carries in the SB, we win it.
    Posted by BassFishing

Oh yeah, football genius who thinks the formula for success is giving the ball to BJGE 20+ times.  Amazing BB never figured out how simple the formula for winning was. 

Here's a fact: if the defense had gotten three interceptions in the Super Bowl we probably would have won. That would have been much bigger than Benny getting 8 more carries.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

lol!

Yes! Every SB, the opposing D (of the winning team) always gets 3 INTs!  You're a real NFL historian!

Tears!

How about this?
    Brady doesn't open the game with play action and a Safety, he doesn't start the 4th at midfield on 1st down with an INT and he Welker doesn't drop a 1st down in FG range, to likely ice the game?

How about that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

lol! Yes! Every SB, the opposing D (of the winning team) always gets 3 INTs!  You're a real NFL historian! Tears! How about this? Brady doesn't open the game with play action and a Safety, he doesn't start the 4th at midfield on 1st down with an INT and he Welker doesn't drop a 1st down in FG range, to likely ice the game? How about that?
    Posted by BassFishing

You're changing your formula.  Earlier you claimed all it would take was giving the ball to Benny eight more times.  I guess I'll take this most recent flip-flop as a confession that your original claim was absurd.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

No. My "claim" is about running the ball or at least commiting to a semblance of a run game, especially early.

My "claim" is I am not a moron who uses fantasy football stats in an offensive era as a basis for winning games as a team.

Like I said, leave the big boy analysis up to the big boys and you try to learn more about the game. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : receivers are the least of our worries.  Stallworth is a good deep threat if Lloyd really flops, but I highly doubt he will.  And we have about 7 or 8 other competent receiving options if neither of those two pan out and I think they've at least upgraded to question marks at their weak points.  They have Gregory and Wilson now at safety on top of the hard-hitting but oft-injured Chung.  They have Ras-I Dowling back at corner, along with Will Allen.  They have Chandler Jones, Dont'a Hightower, Trevor Scott, Ninkovich, Spikes, and Mayo at linebacker, three to five of which can really get after the quarterback in addition to playing linebacker (zone drops, man coverage).  They get Myron Pryor, their best pass-rushing defensive lineman back, along with Bequette, who can also penetrate.  They get Ron Brace back, along with the more proven Gerard Warren and Vince Wilfork, and none of them have gotten any smaller. If more than half of the question marks turn into consistent performers, the Patriots have no weaknesses.  And they really diversified with a wide range and high quantity of question marks, so I like their chances of being a complete roster from top to bottom Plus I think guys like Dennard and Bequette could make it to the practice squad, giving them even more depth. And the PUP guys.  I imagine Anthony Gonzalez getting stashed, along with possibly Mankins, and possibly Vollmer. Very excited.  My only concern is line continuity.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

you're probably right with the WRs. the way i look at the construction of the OL, i don't see them committing more to the ground game. they do not have the depth to overcome a few injuries.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : u aint handed one over yet...cant stop what u never did
    Posted by JintsFan

you werent watching the game i watched then.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : ugh yeah, so as any half brained fool can see, it's the freakin defense.  Guess what.  When you pcik off the other QB 3 times, you usually win.  When you give up 90 yard drives, you usually don't.   How fast you changed from claiming it was the 100 yards team rushing totals.  Backpedal Rusty strikes again.
    Posted by JetMangione

Does anyone have a clue what this inbred even just said here? No, he doesn't either.

My god is he dumb. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

The Giants gave up a 90 yard drive to Brady?  Do you ever make sense with anything you write? Ever?  What an imbecile.  Daily.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

1. Yes. Tom Brady's play contributed to the SB loss. Actually, he played in mediocre fashion in his last 2 SBs and I don't see mediocre play from QBs winning SBs.
    2. Yes.  The Safety, the INT and a high throw to Welker all contributed to the defense being out on the field faster than they would have been, not to mention a few too many times in a low scoring, defensive battle.  Eli Manning actually outplayed Brady.  Painful to admit, but it's the truth.  Eli Manning.
    3. His 2 TDs were fine. I never said a word about the amount of TDs, but maybe they would have had a rushing TD if they actually used the running game with a lead back like they did out of halftime.
    4. Yes. Tom Brady isn't as good a QB as he was in 2004.  He was a better game manager and decision maker then v.s. now (minus the 2010 season).
    5. Yes. Brady has full autonomy at the line and can audible.

Anything else, turdface?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Tom Brady was better than Peyton Manning from 2001-2007. Now, he is Peyton Manning. Regular season stats are great, postseason, not so great.

Pretty simple.

Do you enjoy making yourself look dumb like this?

We get you have two QB busts beiong paid millions to be busts alongside one another in New Jersey, but that's your problem.

Enjoy the PSL payment again this year.   I am sure Fireman Ed's pension is enjoying it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: I am so Stoked : bwa haha hahahahha hahahhaaha Tom Brady lost the superbowl.  Priceless! Tom Brady - 27/41 2 TD/1 pick - awful game, lost the superbowl Eli Manning  30/40 1 TD - dominant game, defense couldn't stop him when it counted.
    Posted by JetMangione

Eli Manning, "dominant game"? Which game?  Not the SB. Try, he took what the Pats D gameplan gave him, but leading the team to FGs isn't "dominant" whatsoever. In fact, NE's D played a very good game within what they wanted to do (avoid giving up the big play).

Take away the Safety, the Brady INT and/or the Welker drop and the pass he completed to Manningham never happens.

Again, very simple.

Yes, Brady was outplayed by a solid performance by wittle Eli Manning. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

He was hurt the middle portion of the year and then not used, so I don't see how that is awful.   Through October, combined with 2010, he was the leader in TDs as an RB. Far from "awful".

Hey, at least BJGE is a lot better than Shonn "fumbles" Greene.  lol

Good thing your team drafted him as a lead RB for your SB runs. Oh wait.  Your team still hasn't appeared in a SB since man landed on the moon.

Do you think that will ever happen in your lifetime?  Hmm. Will you get laid first or will the Jets attend a SB and lose in a SB?

Hmm.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Don't you worry, he'll be fumbling again very soon.   Enjoy!

Sections
Shortcuts