I apologize for my bad behavior.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: I apologize for my bad behavior.

In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior. : Then maybe they ought to be cut some slack.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Good point....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I agree with ya, Davidsone..  I hate it when a discussion degenerates into name calling and going completely off topic.  It is especially bothersome when a couple posters take over the string and try to "out-p*ss" each other!  What I do is read the strings, chuckle and respond when I feel I can make some good points.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Here we go.....LOL....now this is what I'm talking about. I'm laughing my hiney off as I'm reading the back and forth. :-)

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with ya, Davidsone..  I hate it when a discussion degenerates into name calling and going completely off topic.  It is especially bothersome when a couple posters take over the string and try to "out-p*ss" each other!  What I do is read the strings, chuckle and respond when I feel I can make some good points.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

SPOT ON! My point exactly. The Book says "Only by pride comes contention", and it's exactly right, as usual. Arguments come because somebody's pride demands their point receive more merit than another. The insulted pride of person number two demands they escalate to regain control, etc. Usually all humor is lost, and genuine insults start flying. How many times do we see it on here? Nightly. Pride is a killer. LOL

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior. : Isn't that way we have bar fights?  You're expecting human nature to go away? You'd, rather than do away with weapons, ban arguments.
    Can you imagine if we can see each other as we post?  Talk about "bar fights"!!! LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

This is a good thread subject, treat others the way you want to be treated, novel idea for the internet. I used to waste hours a day here many years ago, now i just limit my time here and that has worked for me. For all you people who live here - Just walk away and go do something else. Take a break, variety people.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior. : Isn't that way we have bar fights?  You're expecting human nature to go away? You'd, rather than do away with weapons, ban arguments.

LOL...bar fights! Yip, I expect so. I imagine alcohol contributes to some of the posts we see on here too.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to I apologize for my bad behavior.:
    [QUOTE]The forums here are a great demonstration of what happens when you don't have active moderators.  This has just spun out of control.  I will admit I have played a part in it, but I really am not liking the result here.  So, here is what I am going to do.  I am going to comment about whatever the thread is about, as long as I have something to say that doesn't attack another user directly, suggest that my opinion is the only one that is acceptable or just create a negative atmosphere.  Again, I am not saying I have not been directly involved in personal attacks and spam arguments.  I am just saying I do not like what it has done to the forum, and I am going to stop.  I apologize to anyone I have insulted or offended, and from this moment forward will attempt to treat everyone with the level of respect that I would if they were physically present in the room with me.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

DS, it's just a message board. Don't take it so seriously. We're just roughing up an overzealous ego here and there about football talk. Calling somebody stoopid on a sports board isn't a hate crime.

But I forgive you, you naughty boy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Hey Dave....someone on here told me that TheEaminer did'nt deserve to sleep with the pigs .... and I told him..YES, HE DOES!... See! We defend our own here. Do'nt we? ...  Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]The forums here are a great demonstration of what happens when you don't have active moderators.  This has just spun out of control.  I will admit I have played a part in it, but I really am not liking the result here.  So, here is what I am going to do.  I am going to comment about whatever the thread is about, as long as I have something to say that doesn't attack another user directly, suggest that my opinion is the only one that is acceptable or just create a negative atmosphere.  Again, I am not saying I have not been directly involved in personal attacks and spam arguments.  I am just saying I do not like what it has done to the forum, and I am going to stop.  I apologize to anyone I have insulted or offended, and from this moment forward will attempt to treat everyone with the level of respect that I would if they were physically present in the room with me.

Thanks for this.  Yep, it's a sports forum and we all seem to be passionate about the Pats otherwise we wouldn't be posting here but things do seem to go a bit  too far at times.  I've been critical of the personal attacks in the past yet just the other day found myself involved in a disagreement that became personal.  Takes 2 to tango so I was at least 50% in the wrong.  No need for it.

A most excellent post.  I'm in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Thanks for the comments.  It's going to work, I mean, it's not like we are JEST fans, right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior. : Some of us work on the computer and use it to look for work.

You find work on this board?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Dave, I couldn't agree more. It's not only taking place on forums such as this, it's become ingrained in society as a whole. People no longer talk, they just shout at each other... But in all fairness, I can certainly understand how some Patriot fans get upset when an opponents fan comes on here and does nothing but post disrespectful things. Especially after the Patriots have lost a game. Fans feel bad enough after their team loses, don't need someone coming on here and being totally 'classless'. Actually, I've been on here for a few years, and everyone has been very classy & fair with me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I don't know that you needed to apologize.  That said, I have noticed that sometimes threads seem to be a conversation between RWTK and himself.

I've tried to tone things down myself.  Not sure that I've succeeded. 

Thanks for posting Davedsone.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE] apologize to anyone I have insulted or offended, and from this moment forward will attempt to treat everyone with the level of respect that I would if they were physically present in the room with me.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE] i will be watching esp with ME! GOOD APPROACH THOUGH, AND GOOD FOR you TO BE MAN ENOUGH TO at least see some room for improvement in your character and personality.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]Dave, I couldn't agree more. It's not only taking place on forums such as this, it's become ingrained in society as a whole. People no longer talk, they just shout at each other... But in all fairness, I can certainly understand how some Patriot fans get upset when an opponents fan comes on here and does nothing but post disrespectful things. Especially after the Patriots have lost a game. Fans feel bad enough after their team loses, don't need someone coming on here and being totally 'classless'. Actually, I've been on here for a few years, and everyone has been very classy & fair with me. In Response to I apologize for my bad behavior. :
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Class begets class, sir.  I've never read anything that you've posted that has been anything but class. From my perspective your participation here is welcome at any time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

King, sometimes I go into a thread and after a certain point all I see is the BurgerKing over and over and over again, writing reams of stuff and it will be one post after another and its all you.  I don't really care that you do that, please do whatever you want but it does look a little weird to see post after post and its all one person doing the posting and its angry posting and sometimes you have issues with people who actually agree with you, suggesting that you don't really read all the posts, just the parts that seem to annoy you.  Not always but sometimes.  Admire your passion but its a bit over the top. 

As for trolls, I see them as you do, I just don't see as many and I don't spend a lot of time arguing uselessly with them, with one exception.  Lately its been the usual YETS clowns and then the Colts troll, (is it UD6?), and Jbolt who I haven't seen in a while.  However its WeDerr who gets my total negative attention when he appears, he's a poseur and needs to be treated like one.....

I  don't give a, (choose your expletive), what you say about Brady or anyone else but I do OBSERVE that you are really quick to pull the trigger with anyone who has a different opinion than you do and very quick to call names like this was a playground and we all elementary school children.  What it is, is a place for people who love football and the PATS to share what they think.  When we do that, we would appreciate not being called morons, trolls, dopes, and such other endearments.  Most of us are on your side and would hope that you understand that even if what we say offends your sense of what is real and correct.  Quite often I find you analysis to be spot on, but its the tone and it is in almost every post you issue.  That said, I will admit that I am not always a saint myself, I have been guilty of some savage posts myself. I'm simply going to try to pull back on being nasty. Whether you do or don't is up to you. I'm done.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Thats commendable. We need more folks like you who can be humble.

I feel the same and I said what I had to a couple weeks back about the same thing.

I will try to do the same, but cant make any promises in regards to a certain person who wears a crown.  I know its childish, but I cant resist responding to him when he talks nonsense. I vow to try and let that person tell their fairy tales an not call them out.  It would be nice though if every thread isnt interrupted with "why are you talking about Mayo?, Brady is the problem"  "Hey!, Over here! look at me!!!, I have something important to say about the shotgun/spread and noone will listen!!!!"

Luv ya rusty!

Keep Posting!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

You are sentenced to six months of trying to carry on a logical discussion with UD6, a/k/a "The Dog(gggg)"...LOL!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, Dave! 

Sections
Shortcuts