I apologize for my bad behavior.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: I apologize for my bad behavior.

In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior.:
    Dave, I couldn't agree more. It's not only taking place on forums such as this, it's become ingrained in society as a whole. People no longer talk, they just shout at each other... But in all fairness, I can certainly understand how some Patriot fans get upset when an opponents fan comes on here and does nothing but post disrespectful things. Especially after the Patriots have lost a game. Fans feel bad enough after their team loses, don't need someone coming on here and being totally 'classless'. Actually, I've been on here for a few years, and everyone has been very classy & fair with me. In Response to I apologize for my bad behavior. :
    Posted by Steelcurtain75

I think you are a fairly hard guy to treat badly, your posts always are reasonable, in victory or defeat.  Actually, you are one of the guys who made me realize I had gone too far in my responses.  Thanks for the input.  As far as I am concerned, you will always be welcome here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior. : I think most of us here could make this very argument. The fact is, there is a guy here that told me that he was ok with me giving my opinion.  Then two lines later, he said he didn't give a rip what I thought. There are many more here just like that.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

It wasn't your opinion that was the issue, it's the delivery pal.  I am that guy, and you are one of the reasons things get uncivil around here in my opinion.  Think before you type and things might be ok.  I see you piling into people all the time, and I personally don't care for it, especially when it's directed at other long term posters and myself. 

I can be part of the issue with incivility admittedly, but if you can't see how you come across, that's a problem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Sometimes it is better to just walk away from a back and forth banter.....

Agree to disagree

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior. : Class begets class, sir.  I've never read anything that you've posted that has been anything but class. From my perspective your participation here is welcome at any time.
    Posted by ATJ

I have called names often of late.  So many people posting things that just seemed insane, so many Jest fans, people who have ONE point and just keep pounding on it.  So satisfying to shut up 1anddoneagain my just going hard at him until he quit.  So NOT worth it, to have become the just that just beats people down.  Sucked all the fun out of it.  
    I went back and watched the dvd "3 games to glory"  and remembered what it was like to just enjoy the magic with zero expectations, and that made me realize I am spending more time trying to fix other peoples expectations that just enjoying the game, good, bad, or ugly.  I love the way this team operates, wins, and even loses.  And I can't fix anyone else either.  If coming here is going to be fun again, it will have to be because I'm coming here for the right reasons.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior. : Funny how I am "talking nonsense", while right now in the Bedard article comments section, people are commedinng my analysis and saying I was right this whole time. There is one overly senstive dork in there and a couple of others saying "we won 34-3", yet Bedard's article is 6 weeks too late. Not looking for accolades here, as I don't care what immature people think whatsoever, but how can it be "nonsense" when I have consistently stated premises that have been flat out true? Sounds like to me you are the one stating "nonsense" because you are consistently shown up by me, which makes us clash. I could care less who you are or anything, but you stalk me as much as the trolls do. It's not a compliment when you are seen as a Pats fan's version of Phat Rex/Babe Parilli/Pats666.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

I would appreciate it if you would not take over the thread.  It's not about you for me, I didn't call you out, if someone else did, and you need to fight with them- so be it, but please can you do it elsewhere?  Thanks.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to I apologize for my bad behavior.:
    The forums here are a great demonstration of what happens when you don't have active moderators.  This has just spun out of control.  I will admit I have played a part in it, but I really am not liking the result here.  So, here is what I am going to do.  I am going to comment about whatever the thread is about, as long as I have something to say that doesn't attack another user directly, suggest that my opinion is the only one that is acceptable or just create a negative atmosphere.  Again, I am not saying I have not been directly involved in personal attacks and spam arguments.  I am just saying I do not like what it has done to the forum, and I am going to stop.  I apologize to anyone I have insulted or offended, and from this moment forward will attempt to treat everyone with the level of respect that I would if they were physically present in the room with me.
    Posted by Davedsone

Hey Dave,

i know we've had our little agreement points so I hope I didn't insult you in anyway. I look at it that this is a forum and we all have opinions. You try to convince other people your opinion is right. The only thing I ask is that you don't insult people and try to keep an open mind with others opinions, it's what I ask of myself. If I at any point an wrong then I feel it's right to call me out on it just as long as it's kept civil and more of a poking or teasing manner. I expect the same if you are wrong and I was right, a little teasing and poking but to just let it go in the end. Isn't that what forums are really about. So, again I enjoy good conversation when it involves my team and enjoy discussing opinions with my fellow fans just as long as it remains civil and if I insulted you or anyone else at any time I apologize.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Dave, I couldn't agree more. It's not only taking place on forums such as this, it's become ingrained in society as a whole. People no longer talk, they just shout at each other... But in all fairness, I can certainly understand how some Patriot fans get upset when an opponents fan comes on here and does nothing but post disrespectful things. Especially after the Patriots have lost a game. Fans feel bad enough after their team loses, don't need someone coming on here and being totally 'classless'. Actually, I've been on here for a few years, and everyone has been very classy & fair with me. In Response to I apologize for my bad behavior. :
    Posted by Steelcurtain75

I can't speak for everyone but Steel you're always welcome here. You treat Pats fans with respect and actually want to have conversations about football, not just my team is better then yours nah nah nah.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Oops, they deleted my post.  What I said was russgriswold is a FUCKINGASSHOLE
    Posted by mighty2012

With all due respect, I do not see this as being at all helpful to any of us and is the very opposite of what I see Dave trying to accomplish with this thread.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Oops, they deleted my post.  What I said was russgriswold is a FUCKINGASSHOLE
    Posted by mighty2012

Maybe there are moderators on this board

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

and back on ignore Mighty goes.  I'm starting to have more Pats fans on ignore then trolls lately. What is happening to our once peaceful forum?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This place is a P I S S I N G contest at times, drives me nuts.  I resolve to think before I post and just ignore those who cannot help themselves.  This would be a much better place if we all just stop with the one upsmanship. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This place is a P I S S I N G contest at times, drives me nuts.  I resolve to think before I post and just ignore those who cannot help themselves.  This would be a much better place if we all just stop with the one upsmanship. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

Amen.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I wish instead of seeing this when you click on ignore:

Posts from PatsEng are hidden

I wish you would not see their name at all 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Posted by CablesWyndBairn

Amen to that. When it gets to 'I'm right and your an idiot', 'no I'm right, and you're a troll' time, thats when I get out...

Never argue with a fool -- people might not be able to tell the difference.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I wish instead of seeing this when you click on ignore: Posts from PatsEng are hidden Stop ignoring PatsEng I wish you would not see their name at all 
    Posted by Rocky

That hurts Rocky. What have I ever said to you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to I apologize for my bad behavior. : Hey Dave, i know we've had our little agreement points so I hope I didn't insult you in anyway. I look at it that this is a forum and we all have opinions. You try to convince other people your opinion is right. The only thing I ask is that you don't insult people and try to keep an open mind with others opinions, it's what I ask of myself. If I at any point an wrong then I feel it's right to call me out on it just as long as it's kept civil and more of a poking or teasing manner. I expect the same if you are wrong and I was right, a little teasing and poking but to just let it go in the end. Isn't that what forums are really about. So, again I enjoy good conversation when it involves my team and enjoy discussing opinions with my fellow fans just as long as it remains civil and if I insulted you or anyone else at any time I apologize.
    Posted by PatsEng

Thanks, I don't recall getting anything I didn't deserve, we are all good at this point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior. : Ever driven on the Jersey Turnpike?
    Posted by Evil2012

My god I hate the Jersey Turnpike (although compared to the George Washington bridge area it's heaven). What I tried to do once instead of waiting in the ridiculously long lines for gas, was get off the pike and search for a gas station...big mistake. I'm pretty certain it would of been easier for me to get gas in Afghanistan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior. : That hurts Rocky. What have I ever said to you?
    Posted by PatsEng

Want to emphasize as I did on another thread...I was just using you as an example...I forgot to put at the end of the post, that I was only using you as an example...My bad!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Lived in NJ for about 8 months.  No, thank you.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior. : Want to emphasize as I did on another thread...I was just using you as an example...I forgot to put at the end of the post, that I was only using you as an example...My bad!
    Posted by Rocky

lol no problem Rocky. Use me as an example away. I just don't like to rub people the wrong and if I do I want to make sure I apologize. Just something I always want to hold myself accountable and whether you like me or not I don't want to be a d*ck, unless you deserve it  lol

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

SteelCurtain75. Great win for your guys. I didnt know where to post it for you to see. See you in the playoffs like old times. Credit is given where its due.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from saigonsmuggler. Show saigonsmuggler's posts

I belong to several offroading forums and had challenged and even ended up going out on offroading trips with trolls to prove something. It was fun for a while but in the end, it's all so childish.

Now I just state my opinion, and if anyone wants to step on it, more than welcome to.

Sections
Shortcuts