I apologize for my bad behavior.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I apologize for my bad behavior.

The forums here are a great demonstration of what happens when you don't have active moderators.  This has just spun out of control.  I will admit I have played a part in it, but I really am not liking the result here.  So, here is what I am going to do.  I am going to comment about whatever the thread is about, as long as I have something to say that doesn't attack another user directly, suggest that my opinion is the only one that is acceptable or just create a negative atmosphere.  Again, I am not saying I have not been directly involved in personal attacks and spam arguments.  I am just saying I do not like what it has done to the forum, and I am going to stop.  I apologize to anyone I have insulted or offended, and from this moment forward will attempt to treat everyone with the level of respect that I would if they were physically present in the room with me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: I apologize for my bad behavior.

Your punishment:

You will be sentenced to death by stoning...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

hear hear!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior.:
    [QUOTE]hear hear!
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

HA!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Your punishment: You will be sentenced to death by stoning...
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Is that a real stoning picture?  Wow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

You know what.... I hope not.

Should I remove that post?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to I apologize for my bad behavior.:
    [QUOTE]The forums here are a great demonstration of what happens when you don't have active moderators.  This has just spun out of control.  I will admit I have played a part in it, but I really am not liking the result here.  So, here is what I am going to do.  I am going to comment about whatever the thread is about, as long as I have something to say that doesn't attack another user directly, suggest that my opinion is the only one that is acceptable or just create a negative atmosphere.  Again, I am not saying I have not been directly involved in personal attacks and spam arguments.  I am just saying I do not like what it has done to the forum, and I am going to stop.  I apologize to anyone I have insulted or offended, and from this moment forward will attempt to treat everyone with the level of respect that I would if they were physically present in the room with me.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Three Our Fathers and Two Hail Marys

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Whatever, it was just a bit startling..  sometimes when I think about places where that stuff is actually happening, I get a sudden gratefulness to have lucked out and being born in the civilized world.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Whatever, it was just a bit startling..  sometimes when I think about places where that stuff is actually happening, I get a sudden gratefulness to have lucked out and being born in the civilized world.  

Amen

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]Whatever, it was just a bit startling..  sometimes when I think about places where that stuff is actually happening, I get a sudden gratefulness to have lucked out and being born in the civilized world.  

Ever driven on the Jersey Turnpike?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Appreciate the sentiment Daved, and basically agree. But some of the arguments between king and friends are the funniest things I've read on here. I usually enjoy knocking down trolls, and will do so when they shoot first, or when they start tearing others down without presenting any good points, or when they say something utterly stupid (like something about Heidi Watney looking "plain and manly"). Pike is bad about this in the Sox forum, and has tasted my sword point many times without tasting victory. Rarely have I been personally insulted by anything someone said on here. I won't say never, just rarely. For the most part I enjoy the banter and quasi-insults, although I never initiate it myself. I mind my own business until trolls attack. When they do, I make them wish they hadn't. That part of it is fun.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Appreciate the sentiment Daved, and basically agree. But some of the arguments between king and friends are the funniest things I've read on here. I usually enjoy knocking down trolls, and will do so when they shoot first, or when they start tearing others down without presenting any good points, or when they say something utterly stupid (like something about Heidi Watney looking "plain and manly"). Pike is bad about this in the Sox forum, and has tasted my sword point many times without tasting victory. Rarely have I been personally insulted by anything someone said on here. I won't say never, just rarely. For the most part I enjoy the banter and quasi-insults, although I never initiate it myself. I mind my own business until trolls attack. When they do, I make them wish they hadn't. That part of it is fun.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Well, this is how I got sucked in.  Started out trying to change their minds, then trying to just counteract them, then just got mad and started OUTtrolling them.  I got good at it, I have gone toe to toe with 1anddone, WeDerr, UD, Rusty, etc.  But in the end, it turned me into what I was against.  I like my team and want to enjoy them, and just relentlessly fighting here is just dragging me down.  I am just going to stay clear of excessive behaviour, practice safe ignore, try to enjoy it more.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior. : The fact is some of the people you think are "trolls" aren't.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

And another fact is, you don't know how I define a troll either ;-) You'd have to know my posting style, and if you aren't on the Sox game threads you probably don't know me well. I don't know the posters in the Pats forums as well. But trust me 66, I know the difference between someone who just doesn't agree with me, and someone who wants to go out of their way just to insult me/others just because they've run out of logical statements. But really, in order for you to have foundation in what you said here, you'd have to have seen more of my posts than you probably have. But that's fine, I'm sure well run into each other from time to time. Trolls show up in game threads a lot more than in the forum IMO. Anyone on here is free to try to insult me in any way they deem appropriate, and I'm free to respond. Treat me with respect and intelligence as a fellow poster and you will ALWAYS get the same from me even if we disagree 100% of the time. I will NEVER initiate a crap throwing contest, THAT is what trolls do. But when they start taking pot shots for no reason, that's when they're given cause ton regret it. I'm real easy to understand and deal with.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior. : And another fact is, you don't know how I define a troll either ;-) You'd have to know my posting style, and if you aren't on the Sox game threads you probably don't know me well. I don't know the posters in the Pats forums as well. But trust me 66, I know the difference between someone who just doesn't agree with me, and someone who wants to go out of their way just to insult me/others just because they've run out of logical statements. But really, in order for you to have foundation in what you said here, you'd have to have seen more of my posts than you probably have. But that's fine, I'm sure well run into each other from time to time. Trolls show up in game threads a lot more than in the forum IMO. Anyone on here is free to try to insult me in any way they deem appropriate, and I'm free to respond. Treat me with respect and intelligence as a fellow poster and you will ALWAYS get the same from me even if we disagree 100% of the time. I will NEVER initiate a crap throwing contest, THAT is what trolls do. But when they start taking pot shots for no reason, that's when they're given cause ton regret it. I'm real easy to understand and deal with.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Well said!  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior. : Well, this is how I got sucked in.  Started out trying to change their minds, then trying to just counteract them, then just got mad and started OUTtrolling them.  I got good at it, I have gone toe to toe with 1anddone, WeDerr, UD, Rusty, etc.  But in the end, it turned me into what I was against.  I like my team and want to enjoy them, and just relentlessly fighting here is just dragging me down.  I am just going to stay clear of excessive behaviour, practice safe ignore, try to enjoy it more.  

Yeah, I see your point. Ive gotten dragged down a few times. Moonslav (who is certainly not a troll) said something that got my dander up on the Sox forum just the other day. I was in a bad mood, and it struck me the wrong way. The key is just to keep it funny. I never try to convince them of anything. That is a forlorn hope. But I always like to stay ready with something funny, that usually keeps it from getting toilsome. But to each his own. Do what's good for your own mental health and rejoin the fight later! LOL

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior. : I think most of us here could make this very argument. The fact is, there is a guy here that told me that he was ok with me giving my opinion.  Then two lines later, he said he didn't give a rip what I thought. There are many more here just like that.

Well that doesn't seem contradictory.  Being o.k. with people giving their opinions doesn't mean you pay attention to them.  I haven't changed my feelings about anyone, I just am going to not respond to the stuff that's outside of normal conversation.  I think I am, anyway.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior. : I think most of us here could make this very argument. The fact is, there is a guy here that told me that he was ok with me giving my opinion.  Then two lines later, he said he didn't give a rip what I thought. There are many more here just like that.

True, but they get to you when you begin to CARE about how they receive your opinion. Just like I told Davedsone, keep it funny and you'll never lose. This is why I've noticed king wins most of his arguments. It's not about whether or not he's right as much as it is that he's able to get to his opponents in such a way that they lose their sense of humor.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

99% of the posters are respectable, informative, and enlightening! It is the 1% who do whatever they can to antagonize and bring conflict to the boards...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize for my bad behavior. : And some of us that you think are "bringing conflict" aren't trying to do that.

Maybe some are not "trying" to bring conflict, but they do

25. This post has been removed.