I apologize...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: I apologize...

In Response to Re: I apologize...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize... : I personally like the take the cheap approach, because signing a free agent means fewer other players they can afford. I'd rather they had a team of 53 very good players than a team of 1 superstar and 52 ok players, like the Clots, because they can't afford the good players. I personally feel the Clots may not be very good even with Manning.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Then when I say get Cortland, you should name your guy with your reasons.. just as you did... perfect.  Better than saying "I heard Mike Haynes is available"

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize... : I personally like the take the cheap approach, because signing a free agent means fewer other players they can afford. I'd rather they had a team of 53 very good players than a team of 1 superstar and 52 ok players, like the Clots, because they can't afford the good players. I personally feel the Clots may not be very good even with Manning.

Well we do have Tom Brady, but do you think the remaining players are "very good"?

Noone is saying go out and sign Vincent Jackson, Laron Landry, Demarcus Ware and every other big name, but having A few above average players is do-able and necessary to win.

Do you like watching these clowns in the secondary stumble around and not make plays?

I would only put a handful of players in the "very good" category after Brady.

We are getting by because of THAT ONE GUY. If you take Brady off this team, you think these "very good" players we have would make any noise let alone the playoffs?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize... : You tend to support my belief that you cannot glean much info about what people are really like just by reading their posts on internet forums.

I was being facetious. Happy holidays 66.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize... : Do you understand that IF WE DID HAVE "common decency and courtesy" we wouldn't be in the mess we are always in? What tends to happen is "A" gets insulted by "B" and theb "C", "D", "E" etc. then join in.

"Behavior of the herd".  Now tell me how _I_, sheldong, insulted _YOU_ to warrant the "moron" comment?  I wan't even responding to you, yet you saw fit to throw that in from left field.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Merry Christmas

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize... : OK, if you can answer me this.  Why bother speculating over what you have no control over?  And don't say it's fun.

Because we're fans! That's what fans do...talk/speculate about their team. There's a week between every game. That's a lot of time for talk.

This is an opinion forum. If you read above, it says, "share your views on topics...". You can disagree with people without calling them morons...or worse.      

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

What you articulated above is part of the "Patriot Way". Eschew superstars, and build a strong "middle class" team. This is one of the reasons why the Patriots usually have good special teams, and are seemingly able to absorb injuries better than most other teams.   

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize... : Well, being as I don't ever hold a grudge, I wouldn't worry about it. I remember in 7th grade staying after school just so I could talk the bully that wanted to beat me up out of beating me up.  He wound up being my friend and giving me his copy of Hunter Davies' biography on the Beatles...

I'd say that that was time well spent...LOL!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize... : Well, being as I don't ever hold a grudge, I wouldn't worry about it. I remember in 7th grade staying after school just so I could talk the bully that wanted to beat me up out of beating me up.  He wound up being my friend and giving me his copy of Hunter Davies' biography on the Beatles...

UNBELIEVABLE!  You insult me for no reason at all, and no you tell me not to worry about because YOU don't hold a grudge?  All this and you can't answer a straightforward, simple, question.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Patsfan66 - 

thx for the apology, though it would mean more if you: 

- pledged not to call people names in the new year 

- attempted to post football content more and make fun of people less

I get the sense this will be tough for you since you seem to have very rigid rules about what constitutes a "true fan" and what doesn't, but I'll keep an open mind and see how you do from here.

None of us are perfect on this forum but your effort is appreciated. 

I continue to find it amazing that "true fans" get upset with those of us who don't feel like losing in the playoffs in our first game again after securing home field advantage. 

My read on the postseason is that we'll find out just how important defense still is - or isn't - in the NFL with the new rules now. If defense is important, then either San Fran or Pittsburgh should wind up in the Super Bowl, perhaps both. Either that or a team's defense gets hot and makes a good turnover run. That could be our best hope. 

I hope for the best and think we do have a shot in a pretty wide open NFL but I understand those who have concerns and, surprise surprise, want to discuss them here. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

3350 posts of utter nonsense and you finally contribute a meaning full post....
    Merry Xmas 66 !!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I accept your apology on behalf of anyone you have insulted.  And, to anyone I have insulted........ too fargin' bad, you bastiches!  I kick you right in your fargin' icehole!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize... : Sure, I know all about courtesy and decency.  You should know though about how tiring it is for people to say they know what you're like just by reading what you post. I have people tell me, "no wonder you don't have a job, look at how you are with people..." or "I bet no one you work with likes you", well, the fact is I am not really like this with real people, I generally keep my feelings about these things to myself.  The people that I have worked with have nothing but good things to say about me.  When I was first at the University of Minnesota, in the spring of 2007, I was in the supercomputing institute to ask a question about something.  The person I was speaking to asked what my name was and when I told them, they said, "we've heard a lot about you..." and I said, "I hope it's good", and the person said to me, "VERY good..".  He then proceeded to introduce me to everyone there. Later on that summer, the medicinal chemistry department had a picnic to welcome the new graduate students.  A professor came up to me and introduced himself, and I did the same.  When he heard my name, he said, "we've heard about you..." and I asked him if it was good, as well, and he said, "oh yes, we are glad to have you here..." So, I'm not the ogre some of you think I am.  It's just very frustrating to sit here and apply for jobs for over two years and not get anywhere with it, and then have some of you tell me WHY you think I'm having it so hard, when point of fact, none of you know why I am having it so hard. For one, how many of you know the actual application process these days?  Generally, you go to a company's web site and fill out an application.   IF you have the "right" words in your resume, you MIGHT get contacted.  Otherwise, you don't.  If you get contacted, you usually get a prescreening phone interview, where they ask you things they could figure out about you if they'd read your resume.  Things like, "have you ever brought a product to market?", which of course, doesn't happen if you are a post-doc, as I was. If you make it past the phone interview, you might get brought in for a real interview.  I've had a half dozen of those since 2009.  Three of them actually made me (low-ball) offers-two offered $30K and no benefits.  Another, in Silicon Valley, offered me $54K for 18 months-so, it was a temporary position. One of the others I interviewed with was in Salt Lake City, Utah.  There was one other guy I was up against.  I talked about my work at the University and I answered all tehir questions and they answered mine, and the guy that was head of the department liked me.  He's still a contact and I've actually picked his brain acouple of times.  The guy that I believe decided against me wasn't there that day.   Anyway, they hired the other guy, who was from New York City, over me because he had MORE industrial experience than I did.  That is the REAL reason I am getting turned down.  Not my age, not my attitude, but my experience.  That's what they want. The guy they hired was in Salt Lke for about three months.  He quit because his wife didn't like it there!  My wife and I had lived near Logan, Utah, and loved and it and wanted to go back.  The guy fom NY had been paid by this outfit to move there, so they were out three months salary and the expenses of moving the guy. So, they needed someone to fill this guy's place.   So what did they do-did they contact guy number two (me)?  No, tehy did a whole new search.  So I reapplied and I wasn't contacted BECAUSE I had applied with them within the last six months. So, if you apply with a company and don't get hired, and they tell you, "we'll keep you on file", that is a lie.  If you are in their system at all, you can't apply again until maybe six months have passed.  Some companies run that longer. So there's just a little more insight into me and the job search process for those of you that still think I am a "nut".

So what?  Boo hoo, life is hard, move on.  Stop going on and on about it.  I had to switch careers in the last few years, it sucks, its hard, I make less money with worse benefits, etc.  It's life.  You bring it up so much, and you always sound like you think you are ENTITLED to work or something.  When you go on these socio-economic rants you go on, yes, people think you are a "nut".   

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I apologize... : Well, why don't you tell this to my landlord then, ok? Since "no one is entitled", then he's not entitled to his money, now is he? I suspect that since you "switched careers", that means you had experience and you also probably had a 401K as well.  It's REAL easy to say to someone like myself, "no one is entitled" when you have a few thousands stashed away for your retirement. You're like Rick Perry complaining about the US governnment, but then collecting his governor's salary as well as his retirement pension of $90K a year. Then some wonder why I want to insult people?

If I had a few thousand and a 401K, it would be the result of decisions I have made, and my personal interaction with those I worked for.  You chose a career path that isn't working out for you, that is your problem.  When I said I switched careers, I meant I went from one field of endeavor to another.  I never said how much I made, or what my benefits were.  IT DOESN'T FACTOR IN TO THIS CONVERSATION EITHER.  The fact that you decided I'm wealthy- and republican- says more about you than anything else you say.  And you are wrong about me on both counts.