I apologize...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: I apologize...

In Response to Re: I apologize...:
    In Response to Re: I apologize... : I'll remember all this the first time someone here insults me.   I still feel the same way about our system and if someone pushes me I WILL stand by my guns on how I feel our system needs to be more fair for all and it is time to drop the "free market" crap.  It only works for a few people and when the majority struggles it can bring the WHOLE system down.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that mass layoffs just lead to more mass layoffs and a never ending cycle.   
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Pats66,

I'm one who has put you on the ignore list but with the New Years coming I'll start the year fresh and hope you refrain from insults. One way of handling the insults is to ignore because by answering with insults you just bring yourself down to that level. That being said I'm just as guilty in that in this past year I've done the  same, answer insults with insults and basically it gets nowhere and others that are civil on the board probably view us as trolls, so I'll try not to insult either. Have a good Holiday Season !! 

Hetchinspete.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

In Response to I apologize...:
    to everyone I called a moron or insulted this past year.  I hope you forgive me. Merry Crimble to you and yours.

Well, that's a pretty long list, however, in the spirit of the season, Happy Holidays to you and yours.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

In response to "Re: I apologize...":
    In Response to Re: I apologize... : I'd like the move for Safety, no doubt. Be a GREAT fit.  Posted by RidingWithTheKingII
    I like for S as well. I think Q. Jammer is worth a look also. I think both would fit in well here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Re: I apologize... : My response to this is a two parter. Part 1 - Now for the third time what did I, sheldong , do to you, patsfansince1966 . to warrant you calling me a moron?
    Posted by sheldong

Now, Patsfansince1966, can you PLEASE address this ONE simple question?  (This is now the fourth time).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Re: I apologize... : Now, Patsfansince1966, can you PLEASE address this ONE simple question?  (This is now the fourth time).
    Posted by sheldong

I'm disappointed, but not surprised.  It seems that while some people may be able to squeeze out a conditioned apology couched in all sorts of qualifications, they are totally incapable of saying "I was wrong".  That is not the kind of of character trait I would want to hire -- especially in a programmer or a researcher.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: I apologize... : I'm disappointed, but not surprised.  It seems that while some people may be able to squeeze out a conditioned apology couched in all sorts of qualifications, they are totally incapable of saying "I was wrong".  That is not the kind of of character trait I would want to hire -- especially in a programmer or a researcher.
    Posted by sheldong

ding ding

Zackly.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: I apologize... : Ever hear of "harassment"? You have a lot of traits I wouldn't want to hire, either-if you want to go there, and I didn't-I preferred to let this drop.  But you persist. And if you doubt I'd ever be in a position to be hiring others, you're wrong.  I was working at a company in 2004 and we were up for some VC-about 5 million or so.  My boss told me that if we had gotten the money, I would be hiring some people.  We lost out to CyberKnife.   Again, why you persist in this is beyond me.  I said I was sorry, and I meant it.  I still mean it.  Shouldn't that be enough?

It is enough Patsfan.  I'd just drop it and move on.  There's no reason for this thread to continue. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Talk is cheap....typing on an internet forum is even cheaper!! Apology or not, it's actions that tell the true story.

I truly believe that 66 absolutely loves to argue, and feeds off the internet drama. Almost like an addiction. It doesn't appear that he can be told anything by anyone without a response of some kind (usually disagreeing).

Pretty simple really....if one wants to stop being an a s s h o l e....one has to stop acting like one. Like I said...actions are where it's at...and in this case I have my doubts.

peace...

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

My point has been proven in spades....he just can't resist a comeback no matter what is said to him....like I said....talk is cheap. The day this guy can stop arguing is the day the world ends. Some things will never change.

Oh well...I have better things to do like go wash the cat. LOL

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Yes....YOU are the victim....hahahahahahahahaha!! Be careful...cuz we are all out to get ya.... ;-)

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: I apologize... : Apparently the fact that I dropped it means nothhing to you-how stupid you are.

What did you "drop"? You keep responding with arguments and insults.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Re: I apologize... : Ever hear of "harassment"? You have a lot of traits I wouldn't want to hire, either-if you want to go there, and I didn't-I preferred to let this drop.  But you persist. And if you doubt I'd ever be in a position to be hiring others, you're wrong.  I was working at a company in 2004 and we were up for some VC-about 5 million or so.  My boss told me that if we had gotten the money, I would be hiring some people.  We lost out to CyberKnife.   Again, why you persist in this is beyond me.  I said I was sorry, and I meant it.  I still mean it.  Shouldn't that be enough?

You apology was not a REAL apology.  It was conditioned on several things.  A real apology is one where one says "I'm sorry" and lists the things for which he sorry and does not add any qualifiers nor explanations.

In the course of the discussion, you were asked a simple question.  Rather than simply say "I'm sorry, I was wrong", you chose to totally avoid the question.  Now you
    1 - Say you were dropping it
    2 - Accuse me of harassment

Well, how is anyone to know what you have in your mind.  To me, the apparent reason was that you were simply too whatever to admit you made a mistake, so you "cut and ran".  My last post on this was intended to be my last, and conclusionary, post on the subject.  You say now you were doing one thing.  Forgive me if I am drawing a contradictory conclusion.  So, I will no longer "harass" you.  Cry

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Merry Christmas patfansince1966 and best wishes for the new year.  Same to the rest of you. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: I apologize... : Perhaps we could all try to refrain from calling anyone bad words?

That would crumble the foundation of this forum!

Nice thought though.

Sections
Shortcuts