I blame the original refs and laegue equally for this nonsense.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I blame the original refs and laegue equally for this nonsense.

1) Replacement Refs: Hard to keep blaming these guys. They are in way over their heads, and didn't have the time, nor get the training to make them able to do this job well. I honestly believe they are trying their hardest, but it's like taking an apprentice mason and asking him to design and build a chapel. It's going to fall sooner or later.

2) Original refs: I put part of the lockout on them. They were offered a raise, and asked to transfer from a pension to a 401k. Honestly, those are reasonable requests for guys making an average of 150K a year for, basically, a part time/seasonal job. I understand the offseason work they all put in, and good for them.

- Where I REALLY have a problem with the refs union is this: They made it clear than any official who worked in their place would NEVER get into their union. That's why the league had to go as low as the high school level to find guys to work. That was petty, and is being overlooked as a large reason why these guys are SO bad. Div 1, 1AA, or Div 2 refs would be doing a much better job as they are used to working games, and in environments, that are much more closely realted to NFL games.

3) Obviously, the league: Enough is enough, if they want to keep the pension, lower salaries...do SOMEthing to make it work for both sides. This is absurd to let these guys be the focal point of the league. Week 3 had some of the BEST football I've seen in a while, and all anyone is talking about are the 2 prime time debacles over the past 2 days. Not the upsets, not the crazy endings that weren't tainted...only the refs. They have become the focus of everyone in the football world, and will remain so until they get the other guys back. If the league had hopes of wiping the slate clean, and starting over with new guys...that thought is DEAD in light of recent events.

Millionaires arguing with billionaires. I hate them all, none are without blame.

And for the record, whenever these guys come back....they'd better be PERFECT! ANd I know they won't be, and I, for one, will shine a light every time I see these guys with a "combined 1,500 years officiating NFL football" make a mistake. I can understand these replacements messing up...these other guys don't have an excuse.

Get it done!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: I blame the original refs and laegue equally for this nonsense.

Well...the edit post function is back...but apparently it doesn't quite work as LEAGUE is still spelled wrong after I tried to change it.

And, yes, that was a convenient excuse to shamelessly bump my own thread...I blame the 'blackout' period.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I don't see the editing function.  The Refs should have played. Deal with your contract during the season. Like baseball when they went on strike. Montreal would have wont the world series that year but they walked before the playoffs. they should have played out the world series and then did their thing. They would have had the support of the fans. Do you think the Refs have fan support? I don't the fans just want them back so the games arn't trashed. I havn't seen anyone saying give them more pay, give then better bennies, no its just get them back with no reason attached.

What does the NFL want when they put lingerie league refs on the field?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see the editing function.  The Refs should have played. Deal with your contract during the season. Like baseball when they went on strike. Montreal would have wont the world series that year but they walked before the playoffs. they should have played out the world series and then did their thing. They would have had the support of the fans. Do you think the Refs have fan support? I don't the fans just want them back so the games arn't trashed. I havn't seen anyone saying give them more pay, give then better bennies, no its just get them back with no reason attached.

What does the NFL want when they put lingerie league refs on the field?

[/QUOTE]

I rather see young women in striped panties. They can't do a worse job than the officials we have now but at least they'd look good running up and down the field and bending over to pick up the ball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I am not complaining about the replacement refs because the other guys are crooked.  They all favored the elite teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

No offense dragon, but considering you were on here gloating about how the replacement refs were just fine a few weeks ago this post seems like a massive backpedal.  So it's no longer the replacement refs are fine, but it's the real refs fault the lockout continues.  The real refs demands basically means 3 million dollars a year more for them total.  The NFL generates practically 10 billion in revenue every year.  The players got more money when the league became a bigger business.  Why are the referees not entitled to a little more money which is trivial compared to the amount the owners and the players take home? The owners are being greedy and the quality of the product is suffering for it.  The replacement refs have demonstrated that the real refs are doing that isn't as simple as a lot of people thought.  Why shouldn't they be paid more?

Sections
Shortcuts