I can see it now if the Pats win a game 10 - 0!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I can see it now if the Pats win a game 10 - 0!!

Everyone will complain about why the Pats scored ONLY 10 points when the defense shut out the opponent while giving up 400 yards to the opponent!  Just seems to be the nature of many posters on this site.  What must the Pats do right other than winning?  Seems a few years ago this fan base was ecstatic when the Pats won a close one and we relished the bend but not break D.  Now they can't win without having some fault to be pointed out every game. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: I can see it now if the Pats win a game 10 - 0!!

You may as well forget it.  Haters gonna hate.  Most of the people complaining are the type of fans that would rather have failure than success anyway, that is why they are so angry.  It's madness.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The media doesn't help. Check out some of today's headlines,

Late fade tarnishes Patriots win - Rapoport
    Scary secondary: Even Colts torch Patriots DBs - Borges
    Even with win, this defense still can’t be trusted - Longo
    A good unhappy ending? - Ryan
    Dangerous experiment: Bill Belichick’s plan almost goes awry  - Guregian

And then, here's Mike Reiss - Patriots better than it seemed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

They are all searching for the "perfect" game, aren't they all?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPATT. Show SANPATT's posts

Dont take these fans seriously... If one were to only read these threads without knowing the scores they would think this is colts website and the team is on its way to 0-16

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

In Response to I can see it now if the Pats win a game 10 - 0!!:
    [QUOTE]Everyone will complain about why the Pats scored ONLY 10 points when the defense shut out the opponent while giving up 400 yards to the opponent!  Just seems to be the nature of many posters on this site.  What must the Pats do right other than winning?  Seems a few years ago this fan base was ecstatic when the Pats won a close one and we relished the bend but not break D.  Now they can't win without having some fault to be pointed out every game. 
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Thats not fair Bill, I'm no hater, been travelin the country side since "1963", started with Butch Songin @ QB, had to scramble to find where the game was being played, had to get there early enough to clean the snow off. Went though many a yrs. of heart break, but never gave up. Now that we're one of the elite (in my opinion) I like to see a game finished properly,drive that last nail.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

I think the disappointed fans should change their expectations. BB cares about only 2 things imo - winning the game and putting his team in the best position to win games. That second item is the key to understanding the team's philosophy. It means taking advantage of a 31 - 3 lead to try some things with your players and see what they're capable of as a unit and as individuals. It means cutting ties with talented players that can't handle your system. It means focusing on your strengths (offense, special teams) and minimizing weaknesses (focus on redzone D and don't give up TDs between the 20's).

If BB learned some things to help position his team for the games ahead by experimenting on the Colts once the game was in hand, then he might more satisfied with the win than if it had been 63 - 3 with all his starters playing the gameplan for the full 60 minutes. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Don't see it happening this year, unless its the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Let me ask you a question agcsbill.  Do you think Tom Brady and the Offense would be happy and satisfied scoring 10 points in a win?

So keeping with the hypothetical questions.  If Brady isn't satisfied scoring only 10 points in a win would that make him a whiner/spoiled player?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: I can see it now if the Pats win a game 10 - 0!!:
    [QUOTE]The media doesn't help. Check out some of today's headlines, Late fade tarnishes Patriots win - Rapoport Scary secondary: Even Colts torch Patriots DBs - Borges Even with win, this defense still can’t be trusted - Longo A good unhappy ending? - Ryan Dangerous experiment: Bill Belichick’s plan almost goes awry   - Guregian And then, here's Mike Reiss - Patriots better than it seemed
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

does this prove that these guys don't actually watch the games or don;t watch the games closely. it looks like they just read the stats and wrote their article based on that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Let me ask you a question agcsbill.  Do you think Tom Brady and the Offense would be happy and satisfied scoring 10 points in a win? So keeping with the hypothetical questions.  If Brady isn't satisfied scoring only 10 points in a win would that make him a whiner/spoiled player?
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Really. Brady would be p!ssed if the "O" only scored 10 points. That guy is upset when they score 24. 

And in this last game the defense was certainly unhappy with with transpired late in the game. 

Maybe it doesn't bother some people ... but that was a lot of bending with a lot of breaking. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

The only difference between you and other fans here is that they make their argument and go back and forth a little. Not you though, you have to create thread after thread, most like this one that involve hypothetical questions you pulled out of no where and don't have any substantial claims or evidence to back up your argument in these what IF scenarios. You swear people only criticize the defense on these forums.

Just move on and accept people have different opinions and ways the watch the game. If the Pats won 10-0 I would say a lot of good things about the defense, but my guuess would be that the 400 yards given up would mean Brady wouldn't have the ball for much time, therefore I can see us possibly only scoring 10 points. However I would then criticize the offense for not scoring more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]I think the disappointed fans should change their expectations. BB cares about only 2 things imo - winning the game and putting his team in the best position to win games. That second item is the key to understanding the team's philosophy. It means taking advantage of a 31 - 3 lead to try some things with your players and see what they're capable of as a unit and as individuals. It means cutting ties with talented players that can't handle your system. It means focusing on your strengths (offense, special teams) and minimizing weaknesses (focus on redzone D and don't give up TDs between the 20's). If BB learned some things to help position his team for the games ahead by experimenting on the Colts once the game was in hand, then he might more satisfied with the win than if it had been 63 - 3 with all his starters playing the gameplan for the full 60 minutes. 
    Posted by BelichickDisciple[/QUOTE]

I'm more inclined to agree in this assessment than to second guess the decisions made by a truly great coach.  That said, I can understand when fans express concerns over certain aspects of the game and perhaps become confused over certain decisions that are made.  When those concerns turn into near hysterics however I do wonder if fans appreciate what we have in this team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Let me ask you a question agcsbill.  Do you think Tom Brady and the Offense would be happy and satisfied scoring 10 points in a win? So keeping with the hypothetical questions.  If Brady isn't satisfied scoring only 10 points in a win would that make him a whiner/spoiled player?
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    First, the team will be happy they won the game, hear that from them all the time.  As for Brady being happy the team scored only 10 points, may depend on how the game played out.  If the opponents D was playing extremely well and limited the Pats chances to score is one thing, if the game had the Pats going up and down the field blowing scoring chances with dropped passes, giving up the ball in the red zone etc..  that is another.  Brady will definitely be "pissed", but does not "whine", he acknowledges sloppy play, bad execution and the need to improve.  When you know what you are capable of, you have that expectation to play at that level.  I have yet to hear him complain about anything.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Freediro, THANKS for contributing to the discussion.  The point of this thread is the Pats could win a close and hard fought game 10 - 0 against a good team and there will still be posts that make it appear the team lost.  What I see are a lot of fans "whining" about the Pats play this year as not being dominating and a sense of wishful thinking the 2007 team could be on that field.  You can acknowledge the faults of the current team and also acknowledge the team is doing its best.  This team is 9 - 3 for God's sake and if you read this forum, you'd think they are a team with a losing record like the Colts!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone will complain about why the Pats scored ONLY 10 points when the defense shut out the opponent while giving up 400 yards to the opponent!  Just seems to be the nature of many posters on this site.  What must the Pats do right other than winning?  Seems a few years ago this fan base was ecstatic when the Pats won a close one and we relished the bend but not break D.  Now they can't win without having some fault to be pointed out every game. 

Those older D's bent. But this crowd goes further..... it bends way over and kisses each cheek before getting upright again. THAT'S scary!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Seriously, what scares the bejeesus (sorry, all you non-believers) is that this buinch has continued to give up huge chunks or real estate all seasoon, no exceptions. Do we need to have a class in Defense 101, whereby the premise is if you give up big yards, teams will PROBABLY score on you? Guess what? In teh playoffs, we'll be dealing with teams that: 1) DON'T have 5 yard delay of game penalties on 3rd and goal  2) Have a high caliber QB running the offense  3) probably won more than they lost to get into the playoffs (last year's 7-9 Seahawks execepted)  4) Know how to capitalize on weak defenses. If all this comes to pass, will you HONESTLY be sitting in front of your computer the Day After wondering how they could have lost yet another playoff game despite Brady playing? After all, it's no big secret.

As I said before, show me SOME improvement to get into the 20's in ranking. A least that shows positive improvement and steps in the right direction. Giving up 30/37, 350+ yards and multiple TD's to a QB that plast threw for teh winless Lions is, well, EMBARRASING!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miSOXfan. Show miSOXfan's posts

If the Pats play the Ravens in January, a 10-0 victory doesn't sound like the most unlikely result.

Sections
Shortcuts