I cannot wait for week two...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

I cannot wait for week two...

Week two v/s the Jets is going to be especially fun, to see the Pats hummiliate the Jets in their new rented Duplex/Stadium....

I was actually worried after the way the Pats looked at the end of last year and the Jets were seeming to come on strong at the end...

...and now the Jets are still cocky as ever ...

Yet they lost Thomas Jones who ran for 3,833 yards:
     http://www.nfl.com/players/thomasjones/profile?id=JON755755 in the last three seasons ...

Who's numbers went:

07'  1,119 yards
    08'  1,312 yards
    09'  1,402 yards

for almost exactly the same money as what they decided to pay "LT" who had 3,314 yards in the last three years...

Who's numbers went:

07'  1,474
    08'  1,110
    09'    730

..sorry... that last number wouldn't quite line up because I didn't have to use the comma....  

... throw those numbers onto a chart.... what do you see??

....  lol.... yep ..me too...

..and then I'm sure Revis was stoked to hear the Jets spent their extra cash on Mangold today for a nice 7 year deal...
     http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/08/jets_center_nick_mangold_agree.html

Doesn't look good for their shut down corner playing this year....  ouch...

.... then there's the Pats....

Oh yeah... I almost forgot.... that's right.... they won the division last year....

... and now they have Edelman coming into his second year looking like an assault weapon....

... then... Welker comes back from what looked like an almost certainty that he would miss the first 6 games and then be rusty and slow in the second half of the year .....

....to instead.. a miraculous recovery running around like he's 22 again...

THEN... the Pats dump Ben "Drop The Ball" Watson to pick up ...
    ...Alge Crumpler

This dude would have been a major upgrade all by himself...

.... But the Pats then Grab Gronkowski AND Hernandez in the Draft....
    ... Talk about Assault Weapons... these guys are not only great pass catchers but they're opening up the running game huge...!

Oh.... I almost forgot.... Fred Taylor looks like he did back when the Jags were pounding the ball.... and huge holes are opening for the RB's....

Then... Mcourty ... He already looks to be a lock for starting CB next to Leigh Bodden who the Pats locked up to a long term deal this off season...

Pat Chung is looking like a lock to start at Safety... he's all over the ball....

Oh... yeah then the Pats also picked up Brandon Spikes...  who's also looking like a total lock to start inside next to Mayo.....

Oh... then.... Moss and Brady are in contract years.... so they are looking to slam dunk on someone's head this year...

There's more but my fingers are starting to bleed from all the writing....

I've recorded the first two pre-season games....  this team is far superior to last years team in almost every category....

Yeah..... week two against the Jets...

I'm feelin'

Rally Time!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: I cannot wait for week two...

The Jets will be "Lambs to the Slaughter" and I can't wait swf.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

The Jets look like a bunch of Zero's flying straight into a couple of squadrons of F-16's...week 2 may be a re-enactment of the Great Marianas Turkey shoot....white meat or dark meat, Pats fans?...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

It'll also shut up the ignorant resident trolls we have here, like FatRex and Whodat. Just a pleasant side effect.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

this thread is brimming with over-confidence, no doubt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Don't look past week 1. The bengals have a pretty good D.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i think the bengals will def be a good game...I have been watching them... but pats have 6 most difficult schedule... so all games will be challenging...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: I cannot wait for week two...:
    [QUOTE]this thread is brimming with over-confidence, no doubt
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

yea but you could say the same thing about the Jets' locker room... I think the Pats organization itself won't be overconfident, just the keyboard jockeys.

You concerned about Marshall acting out?  I heard he's flipping out in practice over his dropped passes, could be Braylon Edwards II (I hope)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

[QUOTE]These two teams genuinely hate each other right down to the bone so this will be a good one. The difference is they have Sanchez and we have Tom Brady. My prediction is we go back to long, boring, point scoring drives that keeps the defense on the field until they run out of gas. At the same time we shut down the run and make Sanchez throw for the win and we all know how that works. This is assuming Revis is back by then. If he holds out then I just see them passing at will. Cromartie....are you kidding me?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Another difference is that we have a defense, you dont.  I am looking forward to the 2nd week of the season even more than all of the pats fans on this board.  It will be a great to show you that we are for real and not paper champs.  I am willing to make a bet that after we beat you the talk turns to "oh, they cant field the same team next year because of all of the FA" or "it's only the second week of the season and they are acting like they won the SB".

In truth, it is one of sixteen games and I want to see how we stack up with last years afc east champs.  Bring your lunch box.  if you think you will pass at will, TB better wear extra pads.  He is going to take a pounding.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Even the Lions on Thanksgiving will be tough

I agree with that as well Russ

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

hey rustytrombone, you have a hidden camera in my house?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Cromartie would have a problem chasing down all his kids.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Everyone (media wise) who is saying ne is done this year and on the way down will eat crow.

Pats are back and WILL be division champs again. You can count on that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I cannot wait for week two... : yea but you could say the same thing about the Jets' locker room... I think the Pats organization itself won't be overconfident, just the keyboard jockeys. You concerned about Marshall acting out?  I heard he's flipping out in practice over his dropped passes, could be Braylon Edwards II (I hope)
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]
    he punted a ball in practice that he dropped...id be angry if he wasnt frustrated with drops

but i look at his track record on the field and cant wait to see marshall opening up the miami offense so that safeties cant cheat in the run game and the TE's run wide open down the middle of the field

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone (media wise) who is saying ne is done this year and on the way down will eat crow. Pats are back and WILL be division champs again. You can count on that.
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]
    so like all 3 of them that have said that? not including fan boy bloggers that is

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

all the more reason for week 2 to come sooner than later.  I dont know if I can stomach all of this jibber jabber for much longer.  You will not see 4td passes from your golden boy.  you will not see 300yds passing either.  You sir, are delusional.  I must have missed cro getting lit up.  I see him doing well.  It was the 2nd string d that got lit up in week 1 of the preseason. As for next year, we dont even know if there will be football so how do you know what the signing rules will be?

As for the Jersey shore, I went strait from Long Island to South West Florida.  Never liked Jersey much although I think it has more to offer than Mass.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I cannot wait for week two... : Another difference is that we have a defense, you dont.  I am looking forward to the 2nd week of the season even more than all of the pats fans on this board.  It will be a great to show you that we are for real and not paper champs.  I am willing to make a bet that after we beat you the talk turns to "oh, they cant field the same team next year because of all of the FA" or "it's only the second week of the season and they are acting like they won the SB". In truth, it is one of sixteen games and I want to see how we stack up with last years afc east champs.  Bring your lunch box.  if you think you will pass at will, TB better wear extra pads.  He is going to take a pounding.
    Posted by whodeawhodat[/QUOTE]

people all rave about the swets D....  ok so it is a varaition of the ravens D...now that D was good and actually won a superbowl for them... but if you looked at game two of last year...they did not give us that many problems and the pats always handled the ravens even when they were at their best...

i think teams should run right at the ravens...oops i mean the jests... dont see all the hype... all they do is blitz...i see this "GREAT" D having problems against us this year... big problems...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

So glad I will be at that game this year!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pennasoxfan67. Show pennasoxfan67's posts

Right now, on paper, yeah, we look pretty good.  But as with every year, it comes down to injuries.  We've already lost Kazur, Warren and Holt for the year.  You saw how less of a threat we were without Brady.  If we can play all year with our current roster, we can be a force and threat to win another ring.  But like any team that starts the year with limitless possibilities, we can also end up being an 8-8 team if we finish the year with backups for starters.

Pray the injury gods spare us.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]hey rustytrombone, you have a hidden camera in my house?
    Posted by whodeawhodat[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Priceless!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

This is nothing short of comical to read the posts of these Jets fans who are falling into a bear trap of humble pie that will be crippling.

It's perfectly fine for the fans to be cocky and running around talking smack.... but not a good idea at all for the Coach, right down to the last player on the sidelines with the clean uniform to be cocky...

One strategy the BB has used with much success is to keep his players focused on one game at a time and to stay humble.

You would think after the massive hardware the Pats have placed in the trophy case over the last decade that ole' Rexxy would learn from the master....

.... and yes... I said Master....

Once again this off season BB proved exactly why the hardware was amassed over the years...  and now he has quitely created another monster....

Why do you think all the pictures have been taken down from the walls...?

BB knows exactly what he's got right now.... I've been watching BB press conference videos for years .... and you can see the quiet confidence....

... Like I said... the pictures were taken down because these dudes are getting ready for another run....

I was watching the NFL network the other day and all the guys were all saying the same thing about the Jets.... 

... EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE IS GUNNING FOR THEM THIS YEAR...

... THEY HAVE PLACED THE TARGET ON THEIR OWN BACKS....

Look how the cocky swagger played out last year for the Broncos....

Once again.... The Pats have gotten better in basically every aspect of their game....

... and the Jets have lost talent.... and it doesn't look good at all for Revis playing this year....

The latest on Revis is that he's demanding $162 Million over 10 years...
    http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo;jsessionid=83DD7FCF1F2BCC7CD86C.2875?site=newsday&view=page8&feed:a=newsday_1min&feed:c=topstories&feed:i=1.2230469

... That's ok Jets.... Keep talking your smack.... 

... Like I said in the original post...

I Can't wait for week 2!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Is JimmyJack-Off a Jets or a Dolphins fan?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I cannot wait for week two... : JimmyJacksHimself is a peach and teal fan. He loves those colors.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

Lol! Have you seen the commerical (I think it's for Direct TV) with the 2 Pats fans shoveling and a Phins fan moves in next door?! I love that they made the Phins fan ultra-fem, Uggs and all!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]What are we Jets fans? jumping the gun? Lets worry about week one first. As BB would say lets focus on the team in front of us which right now in the Bangles
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

What's up with you? Not that I disagree with anything you're saying but you seem to be taking the "devils advocate" persona to a whole new level lately...

Sections
Shortcuts