I could almost become a Patriots fan!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oakstreetfunding. Show oakstreetfunding's posts

I could almost become a Patriots fan!

Colts fan here.  It only took 30 years but Mass has finally started thinking for a change!  Congrats to all of you who voted for Scott Brown...wow...unbelievable, I never thought it was possible.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: I could almost become a Patriots fan!

You are not invited.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

oak street...

I second that.  All you Mass. voters who made this happen tonight I'm so proud of you, and I'm proud to be an American tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Yeah, this is great news.  Now we can keep our crappy healthcare system.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I was wondering when the offseason politics would start.  Hooray for the center, down with the far left and right.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I'm proud to be an American tonight."

I was proud to vote, because voting is a grand American tradition that many people died to achieve. Scott Brown and his awful robocalls and horrible flunkies that called me on the phone to rattle off a list of the bad ideas he has was pretty depressing though. Martha ran a terrible campaign so there's nothing to say in her defense unfortunately. Bush spent eight years wrecking the country and helping to create the unregulated financial environment that led to our fiscal collapse. Now Brown wants to revisit those awful tired ideas and everyone around the country, including, surprise surprise, Colts fans, thinks that's really exciting. Good times. Having said all that, Brown ran a brilliant political campaign (aside from the robocalls from hell) and I tip my cap to him. We do need change, unfortunately I fear in his case "change" will mean marching in lockstep with the Republican establishment. I'll try to keep an open mind, I've been wrong about politics as much as sports, if he does a great job I'll be the first to clap.

Don't become a Pats fan. Sports and politics don't always overlap, in this case, not so much. Even a die hard Pats fan can see it's better to be a Colts fan this year and probably the next couple also. Enjoy the moment, things are going your way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

trollspanker; Maybe you should consider moving to SF. You seem to be more aligned with nancy pelosi's views than even those of the people's rebublic of mass. You could join her and obama in spending the next two decades blaming bush for all problems, both new and old. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Unclean, what did he say that "aligned him with Pelosi's views" ? Im curious because he didnt express any insight on his views, just spoke the truth about "W's" eight years. And it was a terrible eight years at that! Your a moron, you rant and rave about Obama's spending, are you kidding me. Bush ran as a fiscal conservitive and spent like a drunken' sailor, sorry I dont mean to offend any drunkem sailors out there! He started with a surplus, but left us incredible debt. He campaigned on having and turning us into a small govt. , but expanded govt more than any president ever, both in the power of the executive branch and adding numerous pointless departments. Ill be here all night giving you example of how much he sux and how much of a  he "flip floper" he is, so Ill give you one more. He also campaigned on not being a nation builder, terrorism has been going on in this world for almost forever, but when it hits us(UNDER HIS WATCH!) he starts two wars. So we got hit and have to deal with something the rest of the world has been dealing with for ages, instead of being a man, being a leader, he panics like a little girl. I called it as soon as 9/11 happened that we would be in Iraq for the next 25 years, I was wrong because we'll be there forever. Hows that working out, like chit. Anyone breathing knows there was no surge, just bribes and thats why the violence has decreased a lil'.  Same thing with afgan. we'll be there forever, we just built a billiom dollar base, were not going anywhere, we'll have a small number of troops there forever. And thats not even including the laws and rights they violated. And BTW Coakley ran a chit campaign that why she lost, she was on vacation a month ago when she should have been out shaking hands and getting out on the street.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Comparing Scott Brown to Bush is like saying my own governator Arnold is like Bush.  The two could easily be slightly conservative democrats.  In fact, in some states that's exactly what they would be.

Either way, I'd rather be discussing whether or not the Pats wil kick the Colts' behind this week.  How many days till training camp opens?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Geez, Jar, you can't even figure out how to post on a bulletin board without screwing it up. Behind such mental greatness, why would your opinion be worth much?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

root...

Hmmm, you sound like you just might be a bitter, depressed liberal this morning.

I , on the other hand, will have a little extra spring in my step today!

Judging by Barney Franks comments, he sounds like he figures to be the next domino to fall in your great state.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I'll admit to being a little surprised that the moonbats back home actually allowed the Kennedy birthright to be usurped, although I wouldn't get too carried away with what Brown might (or might not) be able to accomplish. If there was ever a seat, anywhere in the country, that could have been assumed to be Democratic by default, now and forevermore, it was that one. What this result does is give me hope that the empty suit in the big chair and his minions throughout the land just might be in for an unpleasant awakening later this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trollslayer. Show trollslayer's posts

WOW, when has anyone from indy had a thought? Besides, what time should i be pickin my banjo maw!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Yea! Government/Washington just got more divisive...just what the country needs.
    It is beyond me why these two sides attack each other in political gamemanship and oneupmanship. HELLO! people are hurting out here we need jobs, stability, an end to the wars. Conservative liberal right left center who gives a rats arse*.
    Stop the BS and solve these problems, put America to work, bring the soldiers home.

I hate politics nothing ever changes except the names.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Jar  - You'll have to forgive Root. Its a common retort from him.  Rather than discussing the content of your message, he simply chooses to focus on you.  "Your momma's" are a lot easier and suit him much more.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

You're my man now Oakstreet. I, like many other Brown supporters have been busting it for a while to get the vote out.

Roadking- I'm with you lets create more jobs not more government.

Doggg, I know you're a closet Savage fan so you have to be happy about this. I had my Superbowl yesterday and I'm so happy that I don't care if the Colts win it all at this point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Im sorry.  To the best of my knowledge, I was living in Massachusetts in the 90s when a republican Governor (Bill Weld) enacted the nations first welfare reform and cleared the welfare rolls of 70 percent of its participants while INCREASING the total number of welfare recipients getting training or living wage jobs.  So, Oakstreet, you are not only a troll, you are an UNINFORMED troll.  And to Uncleaflie.  I didn't like you before.  Sure don't like you now.  If you are looking for your head, it's probably up Rush Limbaugh's @ss.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

hey,Massachusetts enjoy your universal heath care program while the rest of the people in this country who need it go without!!

Interesting that it was the Republican governor Romney who enacted the heath care program for all Mass. residents.

I'm sure all the posters who are so happy about this have great health care benefits, as does Congress, which BTW we pay for.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

First: 9/2/2009
    Last: 1/20/2010
    "I'm proud to be an American tonight."

I was proud to vote, because voting is a grand American tradition that many people died to achieve. Scott Brown and his awful robocalls and horrible flunkies that called me on the phone to rattle off a list of the bad ideas he has was pretty depressing though. Martha ran a terrible campaign so there's nothing to say in her defense unfortunately. Bush spent eight years wrecking the country and helping to create the unregulated financial environment that led to our fiscal collapse. Now Brown wants to revisit those awful tired ideas and everyone around the country, including, surprise surprise, Colts fans, thinks that's really exciting. Good times. Having said all that, Brown ran a brilliant political campaign (aside from the robocalls from hell) and I tip my cap to him. We do need change, unfortunately I fear in his case "change" will mean marching in lockstep with the Republican establishment. I'll try to keep an open mind, I've been wrong about politics as much as sports, if he does a great job I'll be the first to clap.

Don't become a Pats fan. Sports and politics don't always overlap, in this case, not so much. Even a die hard Pats fan can see it's better to be a Colts fan this year and probably the next couple also. Enjoy the moment, things are going your way.

LOL!  Like Martha's group didn't call......I was pissed at both candidates for calling my house.....it is funny how one sided you are....Martha is a great candidate...if you want a no brained pathetic yes man in the senate.  Her biggest problems with Brown is that he drives a truck and he wanted the senate seat to give the house back to the Republicans, that is LAME!

Thank God the people of Massachusetts have woken up, realizing their mistake in electing Obama and took some of his power away.

Have fun riding the Colts bandwaggon.....there is no way that any die hard Pats fan should ever root for the Colts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

First: 6/5/2008

hey,Massachusetts enjoy your universal heath care program while the rest of the people in this country who need it go without!!

Interesting that it was the Republican governor Romney who enacted the heath care program for all Mass. residents.

I'm sure all the posters who are so happy about this have great health care benefits, as does Congress, which BTW we pay for.

Not a problem.  We pay enough taxes...our great Governor Duval Patrick has increased our taxes and our beloved President is going to be increasing our federal taxes....AWESOME!  Great way to boost the economy, increase the taxes and make no cuts!

I do not have great healthcare, but I work and pay for my health insurance the way that I have always done...now I am paying for the state health care program......and then you want me to pay for the health care for the rest of the country on top of that!  BS!

Thanks MASS!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

"hey,Massachusetts enjoy your universal heath care program while the rest of the people in this country who need it go without!!

I'm sure all the posters who are so happy about this have great health care benefits, as does Congress, which BTW we pay for."

Game, c'mon people don't need good healthcare, or healthcare at all for that matter! I mean we'll just forget that we are the only civilized country on this planet that doesn't offer healthcare to ALL of it's citizens, but no biggie!

I'm just glad we're finally taking out country back!! Yay for racism!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

First: 10/1/2009
    Game, c'mon people don't need good healthcare, or healthcare at all for that matter! I mean we'll just forget that we are the only civilized country on this planet that doesn't offer healthcare to ALL of it's citizens, but no biggie!

I'm just glad we're finally taking out country back!! Yay for racism!

Can't get more simple minded than this........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I would love for the US to have a healthcare program better than what we have today.  Perhaps I should say healthcare insurance program.  Despite all of the doom and gloom you hear about national health insurance, none of my German friends are really complaining about their healthcare.

All that said, I have ZERO belief that our politicians can get it right.  In fact, they aren't getting it right.  For that reason alone, I'm against it.  You can't implement something so big and so complicated that touches so many lives in a short period of time using bribes and closed-door sessions and expect it to look good.  I kind of think that something this important, and something that may cost us all so much, needs to be on a national ballot.  That's just me though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Lalala.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Last I checked health care is a scarce resource.  You can't just give it away.  The only reason it's so expensive in the US is:

1.  The income tax subisidizes excessive insurance plans;
    2.  The FDA protects the big drug companies;
    3.  The AMA restricts the supply of doctors.

That and we spend tons of money keeping dying people alive.  But if that's how we want to spend it, so be it.

Sections
Shortcuts