I could almost become a Patriots fan!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Re: I could almost become a Patriots fan!

First: 6/5/2008
    Last: 1/20/2010

hey,Massachusetts enjoy your universal heath care program while the rest of the people in this country who need it go without!!

Interesting that it was the Republican governor Romney who enacted the heath care program for all Mass. residents.

I'm sure all the posters who are so happy about this have great health care benefits, as does Congress, which BTW we pay for.

I am so happy for this BECAUSE... the plan that the gov't had for you had only one thing in it for sure:
    TO CONTROL THE AMERICAN PEOPLE....

They gave buy backs to the PHARMA... YEP
    TO THE LAWYERS: YUP
    TO THE UNIONS- YUP.....
    TO THE AMA YUP

The were going to tax us all for 5 yrs before allowing you a single benefit from that cash.. and during that time they were going to create some board that would decide exactly what procedures thay would allow to be insured......

WHAT THE HECK?

I want R*E*F*O*R*M......  Not a government takover....  I do not want my chioldren to be paying for the approved syringe that is put in my mom's arm to free her from pain because she was unlucky enough to get a type of cancer that the gov't didn't sanction.

I have read HR3200... line by line.. page by page.... and if you didn;t you really should before you say it is a good thing.  Furthermore I have TRICARE (Military retiree) and IT SUX... unless you are in an area where you can get care at a military facility.

They have bigger fish to fry.... and they need to get hot...
    WE NEED JOBS..... PEOPLE NEED TO EAT AND FEED THEMSELVES.... Our money needs to go to HAITI....
    Then we HONESTLY "NEED" to reform our healthcare program....  I do not want to lose quality of healthcare for expediencey of allowing the government to wipe our snotty noses.
    Here's some stats for you....
    In Canada the rate of terminal Breast/prostate cancer are more than 4X the US....  I believe in Great Britain that number swells to almost 6X.....  Reason?....  It is cheaper to ignore the problem and treat 10 People's skinned knees... than to save a life from cancer.

I Hope Scott Brown does exactly what Obama Lied about.... DEMAND Transparency....  I want NO MORE BACK DOOR DEALINGS......  No Pay-offs....
    Obama assisted Pharma in screwing America.... he gave them $80Bil in guarantees and allowed them to raise prices before the price fixing would occur..... YEAH he is looking out for us.

They are all crooked..... all incumbents MUST be voted out.. and new people who have no ties to lobbyists put in their place.  Their healthcare program must be disolved, and their pension plan changed to the same one a Military enlisted man gets....  either that or Limit their terms, and pensions....  THEY ARE CROOKED....

Here's wish Scott Brown Godspeed in accomplishing anything he claimed he would do.... IT is never good when a group of ELITISTS take over this country....

When the people fear their government that is TYRANNY.. When the government fears the people that is FREEDOM!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

LOL!  Billary as president.....that is a good one......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

First: 11/23/2009
    Last: 1/20/2010
    I'm a centrist. I'm conservative on some issues, liberal on others. What I want see is for this country unite to solve the problems and kick the cr@p out of our enimies.

I second that emotion and that is why Brown was needed in the Senate.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"What I want see is for this country unite to solve the problems and kick the cr@p out of our enimies."

Since WWII, our military strategy has been to wage profitable undeclared conflicts for the purpose of enriching those who pull the strings and confirm the power of the Pentagon and intelligence community. Anyone who tries to dispute that will get his head blown off. Occasionally, we do "kick the cr@p" out of helpless entities so we can make the world safe from deadly ogres like Noriega, who refuse to behave and whose address isn't hard to find. However, I think it's been proven that we don't intend to win anything, even when it's handed it to us, like the first Gulf thing. Our troops are now nothing more than a glorified SWAT team who are more expendable than ever. If we really wanted to win a conflict, we would use the only advantage we have left...nuclear weapons. Of course, we won't do that and our enemies know it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

^ WoW ^

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: I could almost become a Patriots fan!:
    Since WWII, our military strategy has been to wage profitable undeclared conflicts for the purpose of enriching those who pull the strings and confirm the power of the Pentagon and intelligence community. Anyone who tries to dispute that will get his head blown off. Occasionally, we do "kick the cr@p" out of helpless entities so we can make the world safe from deadly ogres like Noriega, who refuse to behave and whose address isn't hard to find. However, I think it's been proven that we don't intend to win anything, even when it's handed it to us, like the first Gulf thing. Our troops are now nothing more than a glorified SWAT team who are more expendable than ever. If we really wanted to win a conflict, we would use the only advantage we have left...nuclear weapons. Of course, we won't do that and our enemies know it.
    Posted by Yapple

Proof that bias and intellect cannot occupy the same space at the same time.  Those on the far left and right are too biased to see reality:

1. "Since WWII, our military strategy has been to wage profitable undeclared conflicts for the purpose of enriching those who pull the strings" Aren't you playing semantics here?  When you have thousands of troops somewhere fighting and dying, does having congress declare war somehow change the reality of the conflict?  If so, please explain how.  While you are at it, please explain the profitable bit.  How's our economy right now?  I know folks making money off the foreclosure crisis.  Some companies make money off of natural disasters.  Yes, some defense contractors make money in war.  I hope you don't think they "pull the strings" though.  There is no collective "they".  It is a bunch of large corps each with their own army of lobbyists competing with each other to get contracts. Furthermore, please explain the details on how those who you think do pull the strings are enriched.  

2. "I think it's been proven that we don't intend to win anything, even when it's handed it to us, like the first Gulf thing"  There is a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE between fighting a conventional army vs fighting an insurgency where the enemy lives amongst the populace.  Please explain what actions the military should take to win these types of conflicts.  I know a few folks who would love to come back home to their families.  I also served with a fine Major who is now a 4-star general (GEN Martin Dempsey).  I'd like to provide him with your advice. I feel so naive now.  I always thought Dempsey was a fine and honorable man.  Now you are telling me he wasn't even trying to win when he commanded forces in Iraq.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Caraway we get it - the soldiers are fine upstanding people who think they are doing the right thing by serving their country.  That doesn't mean they aren't being led to their death by a bunch of a**holes in Washington and Wall Street who only care about money and power.  And Yapple is right - every war since WWII is bullcr*p. 

Withdraw our troops from everywhere, form a common defense league with our neighbors, and let the rest of the world do whatever the heck it wants.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: I could almost become a Patriots fan!:
    Our elected representatives are responsible for originally creating the healthcare situation in this country. Their successors are owned by the healthcare racket...
    Posted by Yapple

So who is the healthcare racket?  Is it the doctors and healthcare providers?  If so, please explain how so little of their desires made it into the current disaster of a healthcare bill.  I mean really, if congress was owned by the healthcare racket, wouldn't you expect the House and Senate bills to be favorable towards doctor's and other providers?  Wouldn't you expect those groups to be running ads in support of the bill?  

I could argue the unions "own" them.  After all, doesn't the bill exempt union employees from being taxed on cadillac healthcare plans?  Or maybe it's the trial attorneys.  Somehow malpractice reform can never make it into any final version of the bill.  The healthcare industry wants malpractice reform.  You would think that since they "own" congress they could get that into the bill huh?  Do you realize how much of the costs of healthcare go into malpractice insurance?  Sure, a guy that wakes up from surgery with the wrong leg cut off deserves a good payday, but juries have turned this into another form of the lottery.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

posted at 1/21/2010 2:42 PM EST
    First: 8/6/2009
    Last: 1/21/2010
    Yeah... Bill Clinton was only the greatest president post-WW2 to spew on a dress.

I fixed the statement for you.....it is more accurate this way.

I recall that Ronnie Reagan was a better president than Bill "I can't keep it in my pants" Clinton......

And what does Bill have to do with Hillary being president?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I guess you prefer John "charismatic as a corpse" Mccain or Barack "no testicles whatsoever" Obama

Either of those are better than Hillary "3 testicles' Clinton.....I cringe thinking about it.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

posted at 1/20/2010 8:36 PM EST
    Hillary should've been president. She only lost because the media called her a racist every day. Obama is the least experienced person ever to become president and he has no idea what he is doing! What a punk he is

No, the least experienced was Abraham Lincoln. What a dead beat he turned out to be....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

You believe white guilt can get a man elected to the highest office in the land? Your comment is so ignorant as to border on the mystifying. Obama got elected to office due to his great orating skills, not his color.
    Also, Lincoln was not considered, and is still not considered, a great leader during his days in the Illinois legislature. His rise to prominence began with, yes, his orating skills, in the Lincoln Douglas debates. You just dont know what you are talking about.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Far Lefty peacenik Republican war hero Dwight Eisenhower on the Military Industrial Complex:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

Yes, it is a conspiracy to perpetuate fake wars.

Why do you think we let Blackwater bomb wedding parties with Predator drones?

War is a Racket.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It wasn't white guilt that got this buffoon elected . . .  it was the uninformed voter coming out in droves.

You may rest assured, given his performance to date, that won't happen again anytime soon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Oh my, has prairiemike been banned?  Guess the mods didn't enjoy your wit as much as ... well, I'm sure somebody enjoys it.  Tongue out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

First: 1/21/2010
    Last: 1/22/2010

It wasn't white guilt that got this buffoon elected . . .  it was the uninformed voter coming out in droves.

You may rest assured, given his performance to date, that won't happen again anytime soon.

You hit the nail right on the head.....It is funny how blind people can be when they don't realize that the change they were hoping for was to be taxed more and the president was going to increase our Deficit by 3+ times more than it was without making any cuts.....

All I can say is that I SAW THIS COMING!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

First: 8/29/2009
    Oh my, has prairiemike been banned?  Guess the mods didn't enjoy your wit as much as ... well, I'm sure somebody enjoys it. 

He seems to know what he is talking about when it comes to politics.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Indeed, mighty, somebody finally got tired of my act after two years . . .   more's the pity.

The funny thing is how long it took me to realize that nobody was responding to my often outlandish takes.

The joke was on me there, for a little while.

But recess is over.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

First: 1/21/2010
    Indeed, mighty, somebody finally got tired of my act after two years . . .   more's the pity.

The funny thing is how long it took me to realize that nobody was responding to my often outlandish takes.

The joke was on me there, for a little while.

But recess is over.

LOL!  The same thing happened to me!  I started insulting people to see if they would respond to me......then I realized.....I WAS BANNED!  :O

I don't recall doing anything to get banned, but whom ever complained has some thin skin and should not be posting on a sports board....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

LOL!  The same thing happened to me!  I started insulting people to see if they would respond to me......then I realized.....I WAS BANNED!  :O

I don't recall doing anything to get banned, but whom ever complained has some thin skin and should not be posting on a sports board....

Without exception these political threads always get someone banned... or bored.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

With one exception, it would appear.  You've managed to keep your handle since 2005.  Nice.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

To all,

Only a short while ago I too called politicians/gov't names and expressed my disgust with the Clinton, Bush and Obama administrations. Then I realized what good does it do? So I implore you fellow Pats/football and political hacks give me some answers. I want solutions to the economic problems, to the wars, healthcare, taxes and every other problem we face as Americans. I don't have them,and calling Obama a buffoon is simpleminded. He was elected he made choices that he thought was right, he is/was he I don't know he's only been in office for a year and gov't moves very slowly. So again I ask those have posted in this thread give me your answers to solving Americas problems. Were the bailout the right thing to do or should we have let those institutions fail?. Healthcare crash and burn or do it and how to do it? Jobs? how do you create them? I don't care....conservative, liberal, left,right  just stop with all that and solve the problems, America is hurting and its not Obamas fault its not Bushes fault it doesn't matter whos fault it is lets get to work TOGETHER. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Common sense tells me that increasing the deficite by over 3 trillion and increasing the taxes and not making any cuts is not going to stimulate the economy....this is everything that Obama said he was going to do and people are dumb enough to vote for him.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Too many people are making politics the divisive issue on the wrong forum. Let's take a good look at the things that unite this country. Cute farm girls. A valued education. Owning a brewery named after your great great grandfather. No more of the old cynic's virulant diatribe about how meaningless philosophy is when compared to the awesome spectacle of a leopard skinned bikini on a cold day at outdoor rock concert. Sound in the knowledge that this woman is not a Bengals fan or a member of Brett Michaels' personal harem

You have to be an informed voter on all counts. Whether it's a figure skating or deciding which leader best represents your values. I have often felt that their should be a Mendoza line for voters that assesses the competency of the voters. Nothing fancy, just sophisticated enough to assure that we won't elect the American Idi Amin because some talk show personality views him as a messianic figure that can galvanise the country. We'll see if Obama's a one term president. Only time will tell.

I live in another country that's running a deficit and I approve this message.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Harley, answering it all would take a few books...but I'll start with the deficit in a roundabout way.  While the financial system was indeed on the verge of a collapse and something needed to be done, little is being lost on the bank bailouts in the overall scheme of things.  Several banks have paid back most or all of the funds.  The financial bailout is not what bugs me.

The stimulus bugs me a lot.  The way in which they are increasing the National Debt with reckless abandon worries me a lot.  To be fair, Bush was quite guilty of this too.  Obama however, has taken this into overdrive.  So what's my answer for stimulating the economy and creating jobs?  Well, I can tell you what my answer does not entail; increasing the deficit by massive amounts.  If that's what it takes to gain jobs and stimulate the economy I'll take a pass.  If that's what it takes we should all just grin and bear it and hunker down for some really tough times.  Why?  Because doing so is basically saying we'd rather live better today at the expense of our children.  I'd rather suffer today and look out for my son's future.  It's kinda odd.  If you had one blanket and it was cold outside, you'd give it to your kid first.  When it comes to spending, the public seems to have no problem "taking the blanket".

The problem must be that few people can really grasp the deficit and what it means to our national future.  It soars over 80% of the voter's heads.  Yeah, if you spend enough money stimulating the economy it just might work.  But doing so is analogous to buying a beat up house and maxing out every credit card you have to fix it up and make it look nice.  Your friends might come over and be impressed, but it will all be for naught when you can no longer afford to stay afloat.  But hey, voters are going to vote for the person who promises results now, not the guy who says "we're going to have to suffer for several years in order to avoid maxing out our credit cards and collapsing in the future".  

I know exactly where the politicians are who do what they truly believe in and tell us what we need to hear, not what we want to hear; they're the candidates who can never raise enough money to mount a campaign, and get enough votes to win.

Sections
Shortcuts