I dont feel so bad about Pats losing SB last year...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

I dont feel so bad about Pats losing SB last year...

Turns out one of the slaughtered kids was a big Giants fan - so he got to see his team win it all in his short life....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: I dont feel so bad about Pats losing SB last year...

Well, I can't argue with THAT.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Murdered would probably be a better word choice then slaughtered.  I associate slaughtered with the pig that became the BBQ pork chops I made for dinner.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Yup, must have been a good day for that kid to see his team win the SB. Makes it easier to take for me.

Also, Reading SI's Peter King about Victor Cruz honoring the Pinto kid , very classy.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

even though i dislike the giants.....i am a huge fan of victor cruz the football player and victor cruz the person. he is a great role model and he makes the game of football fun to watch. what he did for that kid is amazing. i would love if victor cruz some day ended up a patriot, he is an absolute class act and a great player. wish there were more people like him in this world.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Don't mean to dampen the sentiment, but, a school in CT probably had some Pats' fan kids too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't mean to dampen the sentiment, but, a school in CT probably had some Pats' fan kids too.

[/QUOTE]

yea most likely, and even at that, they saw their team play in the super bowl last year....

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Just was reading something that hit home with me relative to this heartbreaking tradgedy in CT.

76 people were murdered including 26 children in Waco about 20 years ago.

This world is so messed up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Watching football is pretty much just watching grown men run around with a ball.

What happened this past Friday is real life. I'm glad the NFL honored the victims on Sunday, but I hope it doesn't end there. This wasn't just a one time deal, a lot of people's lives are changed forever. It's been three straight weeks of tragedy for the NFL. Recognizing the tragedy the sunday after is good, but these types of things should be kept in perspective as time goes on so that we could minimize such instances from reoccuring (It is practically impossible to rid the world of such acts).

I've always liked Victor Cruz, he seemed like a class act and proved it on Sunday.

I have never been a huge fan of Chris Johnson, but what he did on Monday Night was really cool.

I know some people in the NFL have been donating money, but I hope some of the players can find time to visit the kids of Newtown (when appropriate) and kids from all over. The biggest impact these players can have is off the field. A lot of children look up to these players and they need to be reminded that there are still good guys in the world.

And I do recognize that a lot of NFL players do community service work and other good deeds and I applaud them for that. The Make A Wish clips on Sportscenter are always my favorite Sportscenter clips

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Turns out one of the slaughtered kids was a big Giants fan - so he got to see his team win it all in his short life....

[/QUOTE]

I agree, and very well said ccjsil. One of my fortunate memories is that my parents, and my kids all lived long enough to see each of our 4 major sports teams win it all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

i am a teacher, not elementary school, but college. Still i just can´t imagine to go trough something like that... 

Sections
Shortcuts