I don't get it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: I don't get it

He's the worst 5 Super Bowl ring coach ever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

BB told them to keep quiet, Welker disobeyed him. The last guy who did that got cut from NE and no one signed him. His name was Adalius Thomas

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justmeat60. Show justmeat60's posts

OK   I get the satire....but my question is an honest one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, if it's honest, its not too bright.  This is the guy who built and maintained this team through a very successful decade, won 3 SBs with them, went to 4, and has has them winning the division almost every year.  You suddenly think you know more about what needs to be done than he does?  Really?  Based on WHAT?  That you don't like it that the Jets beat us?  Bah, I'm so tired of these silly posts about how BB should have, needs to, fails at, etc.  I expect that crud from Jet fans, but we have a franchise the even THE GREAT PARCELLS couldn't win a Lombardi Trophy with, BB got 3 of them, and you want to pick at him.  Great fan.  We need more like you.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I was being sarcastic.  We DON'T need more.  We have a boatload already.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from justmeat60. Show justmeat60's posts

OH Well... for a not very bright guy I guess I will still wait for an answer to my question. All I have gotten has been insults and talk about what BB has done.I still believe that NOT BACKING UP YOUR PLAYERS...can cause a coach to lose respect with the people he expects to play hard for him.OH and Davisone your not the only fan of the Patriots and other opinions do count and I have been a Patriot fan for over 53 years.....through the down times and the ugly times and the times where no one won anything for years and years and years...WHEN and only when you have gone through that will YOU be a TRUE fan.The trouble is YOU are why people outside of N.E. can not stand PATS fans.Any so called Patriots fan that starts to insult his own people really are not FANS at all.OVER 53 years here DAVIDSONE.... how about you.You want to know even more well I was an usher when the FIRST Foxboro stadium opened...where were you.GROW UP LITTLE MAN.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: I don't get it:
    OH Well... for a not very bright guy I guess I will still wait for an answer to my question. All I have gotten has been insults and talk about what BB has done.I still believe that NOT BACKING UP YOUR PLAYERS...can cause a coach to lose respect with the people he expects to play hard for him.OH and Davisone your not the only fan of the Patriots and other opinions do count and I have been a Patriot fan for over 53 years.....through the down times and the ugly times and the times where no one won anything for years and years and years...WHEN and only when you have gone through that will YOU be a TRUE fan.The trouble is YOU are why people outside of N.E. can not stand PATS fans.Any so called Patriots fan that starts to insult his own people really are not FANS at all.OVER 53 years here DAVIDSONE.... how about you.You want to know even more well I was an usher when the FIRST Foxboro stadium opened...where were you.GROW UP LITTLE MAN.
    Posted by justmeat60

What exactly would you like Belichick to do? Go beat up Bart Scott?

He did exactly what he should've done, ignore it. If the League has a problem with it, they'll deal with it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from justmeat60. Show justmeat60's posts

I expect a coach to let the other team know that any intentional desire to hurt a player on his team will be dealt with. I expect a coach to let another coach know that he will be held responsible for such threats....especially when the other coach acts as if this threat was nothing.I expect a coach to let his players know he is with them at all times.I remember the threats against Brady back after  Spygate ......Analyst were suggesting that he should be intentionally hurt because he was running up scores....HE WAS THEN INJURED.....and then and ONLY then did the NFL do something to protect the QB...Say what you want but BB needs to stand up for his players or the players will quit on him....it happens in every place of employment. But thank you for being the first to actually give me an answer...  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

A comment from one of the Jets was that trash talk about and among players and their game is one thing.  It happens all the time and is fair game.  Calling out the coach and specifically trashing the coach's personal life (or anyone's personal life), he said, is something entirely different and out of line. 

He said all of the Jets were offended by the comments.  I am willing to bet that Belichick agrees and that is why Welker was benched. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I wondered if Bill B apologised to Rex during the handshake. It was one of his longer convos after a loss. Welker as much as I like him shouldn't bring the personal life of anyone into the mix. I think * my opinion* is that cause bill B went thru a divorce and got trashed some in the media that he's not into bringing up personal life issues. Kind of your a public guy and this could happen to you too.

If they want to talk smack let the fur fly but dont bring up anything between a guy and his wife in a press conference.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: I don't get it : What exactly would you like Belichick to do? Go beat up Bart Scott? He did exactly what he should've done, ignore it. If the League has a problem with it, they'll deal with it.
    Posted by niz-58

Well said Niz.

I think the issue has more to do with the subject matter of Welker's comments more than the fact that he said something at all. Welker went outside the stadium and into someone's personal life. And I think this is where BB got really annoyed considering that he had an issue years back with a secretary or something like that.

As for Bart Scott, the league will undoubtly listen to the comments and make a judgement from there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

I expect a coach to let the other team know that any intentional desire to hurt a player on his team will be dealt with. I expect a coach to let another coach know that he will be held responsible for such threats...
    Posted by justmeat60

All those things you listsed are things the League handles.  Not coaches.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think smart fans are seeing a trend here.  Noone is questioning that B.B. is the best man for the job.  I think us fans just demnd an explanation of why/how you get outcoached by a 2nd year guy.  BIlly b has coached for 30 years, and has seen it all, I am just baffled that he can get this team up for anything, and even blow out a BIlls team for no reason, and blow out teams like Chicago at home, and we see this wonderful presicion all season, and then when the big game arrives, his players are running around like they are on acid.  I remember the SB 42 having that same frantic, desperate pace to it...it just seems we are a different team, and if we are to give B.B. all the credit for winning, we must do the same when he loses to inferior competition, coaching, etc.   Nobody wants a new coach, or entertain the idea of Bill throwing games, but we want answers....Why would Bill allow a 2nd year player to make a call that hasnt been made all year....you havent event tried it before in game..why not dust it off againt the Bills in week 15?   Why are your offensive players using the term "zone defense" like its a french word they never heard? 
    Why did you deactivate Freddy T , a poven playoff performer after waiting 10 weeks for him to get healthy, when we could have used his spot to develop A.) CB, B.) OLB, etc

Why did you Bench Wes before the game when you could have fined him?

Why did you come out with a gameplan to throw, when the Jets obviously dictated that they were conceding run by activating 11 db's? (coached get active list before the game)

Why wasnt the halftime adjustment talked about, so that you dont have to inform O'bie middrive that he is doing the wrong thing?

Why did you think that letting Sanchez have 4 and 5 and 6 seconds to throw would be effective?

Why was Aaron Hernandez not used as a reciever, but as a blocker, and Crump used as a reciever , instead of blocking.... You switch players' role after 16 weeks, and expect them to adjust..Why not just stick with what got you here?

I could do this all day, but my fingers are getting tired...can someone pickup where I leave off.....Jeeez!  This is WHY IM MAD!!  well, why I was mad.....Im over it.... I think..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhere38. Show dhere38's posts

From the point of view of Wes (yes I'm being familiar but he's my fav WR so punch off) I'm sure he thought it was rather amusing when taken on its own merits. And I don't believe for a new-York-minute Wes meant to hurt Ryan's wife and family. Clearly it wasn't well thought out. However I think if he had taken the time to ask about the appropriateness of his comments, someone on the Pat's staff would have quickly reminded him of the team credo and how his comments might be received. This is just a case of, "oooo wish I could take a Mulligan on that one". Sadly that’s not an option in this case.

Addressing the fact that BB doesn't defend his players: Just because you didn't hear about it... you and I have no idea what is discussed between teams and the commissioner. The leagues response was immediate which tells me that either BB didn't have to say anything or brought the commish in right away after the veiled threat to Wes. Worried about BB defending his players??? Really? I wouldn’t spend too much time worrying about that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

W TF is up wit ur fonts....I need a damn magnifying glass!  I'll assume what u had to say wasnt that important, or only intended for mice...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In Response to Re: I don't get it : All those things you listsed are things the League handles.  Not coaches.
    Posted by niz-58

And you trust Roger Goodell to do the right thing by the Patriots?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

it amazes me how trolls come on here and act like they know sh*t... and are allowed to go unscathed...  ya you udg6...aka gomers fluffer

its seems now poser fans and they are all front and center now... have an expectation of the winning the superbowl every year...  you may now have a better perspective of how difficult it really is and...and ....the fact that we dominated the nfl for the better part of a decade... in competetive sports there is a winner and a loser.... and no one...  no one can win every game... the team was rebuilt over the last two years and will compete for championships in the years to come.....   if thats not good enough... then start thinking of what it was like when this team perenially went 2-14 and was selecting first in the nfl draft...yes that did happen..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I think smart fans are seeing a trend here.  Noone is questioning that B.B. is the best man for the job.  I think us fans just demnd an explanation of why/how you get outcoached by a 2nd year guy.  BIlly b has coached for 30 years, and has seen it all, I am just baffled that he can get this team up for anything, and even blow out a BIlls team for no reason, and blow out teams like Chicago at home, and we see this wonderful presicion all season, and then when the big game arrives, his players are running around like they are on acid.  I remember the SB 42 having that same frantic, desperate pace to it...it just seems we are a different team, and if we are to give B.B. all the credit for winning, we must do the same when he loses to inferior competition, coaching, etc.   Nobody wants a new coach, or entertain the idea of Bill throwing games, but we want answers....Why would Bill allow a 2nd year player to make a call that hasnt been made all year....you havent event tried it before in game..why not dust it off againt the Bills in week 15?   Why are your offensive players using the term "zone defense" like its a french word they never heard?  Why did you deactivate Freddy T , a poven playoff performer after waiting 10 weeks for him to get healthy, when we could have used his spot to develop A.) CB, B.) OLB, etc Why did you Bench Wes before the game when you could have fined him? Why did you come out with a gameplan to throw, when the Jets obviously dictated that they were conceding run by activating 11 db's? (coached get active list before the game) Why wasnt the halftime adjustment talked about, so that you dont have to inform O'bie middrive that he is doing the wrong thing? Why did you think that letting Sanchez have 4 and 5 and 6 seconds to throw would be effective? Why was Aaron Hernandez not used as a reciever, but as a blocker, and Crump used as a reciever , instead of blocking.... You switch players' role after 16 weeks, and expect them to adjust..Why not just stick with what got you here? I could do this all day, but my fingers are getting tired...can someone pickup where I leave off.....Jeeez!  This is WHY IM MAD!!  well, why I was mad.....Im over it.... I think..
    Posted by JayShizzle45

There is no doubt in my mind the Pats were out coached in this game and they were beaten by an inferior team. 

Sure, there's plenty of blame to distribute but everyone wants to talk about the lack of playoff experience but two of the biggest blunders were made by veterans.  Brady's int. and Crumpler's drop. Brady looked skittish and indecisive.  The team came out tight and dare I say it,  too business-like.  Nothing wrong with showing a little emotion.   

No adjustments were made to the Jets defensive game plan when it was pretty evident what they were doing from the beginning.

And for fwiw, Rex's foot fetish was already public.  He is a public figure and he only brings it upon himself with his Big Fat mouth.  So screw him and his wife.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Rules are for everyone.  If BB chooses to run a tight ship, then so be it, it's his team.  When you make exceptions, you're opening the door for more exceptions.  I have zero issue with Belichick's response to Welker's actions.  It didn't hurt the opening drive, and even if it would have, I'd still feel the same.   

Related to Bart Scott's response, what exactly was Belichick supposed to do?  The Jets' MO is to talk trash.  If their coach lets them, and the owner is fine with some of the comments that were put out there, then there isn't much anyone can do about it except the NFL.   

If Welker can't move past this, then he's being petty.  Something tells me he will be a big boy about it, he's never been one to complain.  He knew the rules.  Seems to me that too much is being made about the whole situation since there's really nothing more for our sports scribes to cover since the Pats laid an egg. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

BB doesn't engage in trash talking nor does he allow it from his players.  That's the answer to your question, justmeat60.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: I don't get it : And you trust Roger Goodell to do the right thing by the Patriots?
    Posted by Salcon

There is realy no other choice, unless you'd like Belichick to TP Ryans house.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

A comment from one of the Jets was that trash talk about and among players and their game is one thing.  It happens all the time and is fair game.  Calling out the coach and specifically trashing the coach's personal life (or anyone's personal life), he said, is something entirely different and out of line.  He said all of the Jets were offended by the comments.  I am willing to bet that Belichick agrees and that is why Welker was benched. 
    Posted by UD6

Can't wait for the Jerks to get blown up Sunday in Pittsburg.  Noticed you had no comment on the Jerks players over the top smack talk that the league would have fined any other team for(Goodell having previously worked for the Jets maybe?) Ryan started this crap by attacking the Patriots coach and star player. Boo hoo!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

it amazes me how trolls come on here and act like they know sh*t... and are allowed to go unscathed...  ya you udg6...aka gomers fluffer its seems now poser fans and they are all front and center now... have an expectation of the winning the superbowl every year...  you may now have a better perspective of how difficult it really is and...and ....the fact that we dominated the nfl for the better part of a decade... in competetive sports there is a winner and a loser.... and no one...  no one can win every game... the team was rebuilt over the last two years and will compete for championships in the years to come.....   if thats not good enough... then start thinking of what it was like when this team perenially went 2-14 and was selecting first in the nfl draft...yes that did happen..
    Posted by jcour382

I don't know a thing about sh*t.  Maybe you can enlighten me and the rest of the board.  Are you a scatologist?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: I don't get it : Can't wait for the Jerks to get blown up Sunday in Pittsburg.  Noticed you had no comment on the Jerks players over the top smack talk that the league would have fined any other team for(Goodell having previously worked for the Jets maybe?) Ryan started this crap by attacking the Patriots coach and star player. Boo hoo!!!!
    Posted by hayley-1999

I am sorry I missed where the Jets players and Ryan attacked Patriots players and coaches non-football related personal lives.  If they did then I rescind my comment.  Oh, and the Mangold thing does not count.  You can't not expect some level of retaliation, and spygate was football related.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In Response to Re: I don't get it : I don't know a thing about sh*t.  Maybe you can enlighten me and the rest of the board.  Are you a scatologist?
    Posted by UD6

lol, jcour can tell you how it tastes.

Sections
Shortcuts