I don't get it...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I don't get it...

BB is a genius for his first round moves, yet in the 2nd round everyone is ready to burn him at the stake in a clown suit for some reason. You are probably the same people who would have been livid if the Pats picked Brady before the last round. Then there are multiple picks in previous years when BB takes a guy that fell down the chart and you all think its the greatest value pick ever made. What if this Tavon kid turns our to be the Safety version of Gronk or Hernandez? So what he didn't get invited to the combine, Vollmer was in the same position how did that work out?

So please tell me what the problem is? He stands at about 6 foot 1, hits hard, has good discipline and seems like a guy who can be coached to be the perfect all around player. Seriously, if your going to act like this you might as well just go jump of a bridge. How many 2nd round picks have failed or worked out perfectly over the years?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: I don't get it...

Knowing this board, I think you have to factor alcohol into the equation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Mel Kiper didn't like him.  If Mel Kiper doesn't like a pick, it's not a good pick.  Everybody knows this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

allegedly, he's not a good tackler. Plus, he seems kind of light to be a safety.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Weight can be added and fundamentally sound tackling shouldn't be hard to learn either. I think Mel Kiper is full of hot air who loves to toot his own horn, if you go off everything he says you might as well be Rex Ryan, just look how great his drafts have been.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

i dont think people are focused on kiper, google him, i cant find one source that thinks he was anywhere close to the top 3/4 rounds...seems like most (including myself) arent entirely against this kid, just seems like a major reach...couldve had him later if BB really liked him..much later..for a team that has "value" as its yearly mantra this appears to be horrendous "value"...he'll be a nice special teams player and stopgap safety, every team needs guys like that, but with a top 50 pick??