I don't like all of the media anointing us as the "Best Team in the NFL"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHopHooray. Show HipHopHooray's posts

I don't like all of the media anointing us as the "Best Team in the NFL"

Though it is well earned, I just don't like that label going into the playoffs because I feel it puts a big target on your back and even bigger expectations are put on. I think that the Patriots work better when they are under the radar and working with the odds against them. I feel like this might build up a fake sense of security about the team. Though the Patriots are a really good team and are playing better than everyone else, for me personally I don't like people announcing us as the team to beat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: I don't like all of the media anointing us as the "Best Team in the NFL"

Some fans don't like the lack of respect from the talking heads.

Other fans don't like the praise.

Ultimately, none of it matters.

Any team that would let the Pats fly under its "radar" is not a team that will be making the playoffs . . .

unless it comes out of the NFC West.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

It's been a great run, with the Pats flying under the radar vs. Cincinnati, at Miami, Baltimore, San Diego, Minnesota, (not really Cleveland), definitely Pittsburgh, Indy, the Jets and Chicago.  At this point the Pats are at 11-2 and have nobody that close.  They have just about clinched a bye week in the playoffs (barring a second year of Jets miracles).

Green Bay may well lay down next week.
    Buffalo isn't exactly a challenge.
    Miami when they come up into snow country is known to malfunction.  They just played the Jets in a 50 degree rainstorm and they haven't had another game up north since Baltimore on November 7, so the January 2 game versus New England could be an incredibly cold or snowy shock for them.  I would expect a clinch of home field advantage through the playoffs. 

Anoint already. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Herm is a Dolt umm ok not as strong as I wanted to be but the sensors won't allow it!
    As for our "being under anyones radar"... I pitty the team that isn't "up" to play us. Unfortunately no chance for that with a likely first seed position and MVP QB and coach of the year, and Likely Defensive rookie of the year etc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruceMcDonald. Show BruceMcDonald's posts

It is what it is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

Listen fellas, respect the opponent!  You start anointing the Patriots as champions in December, you will be sadly disappointed come January. No team will rollover come the playoffs. 

Listen to Tom Brady.

This is Week 14. We haven't done anything yet.

I love how some judge the opponents as "weak" and "overrated", yet will turn right around and say, "Look who we beat? Our record proves we played tougher teams."  That's funny, because the way you just described the Steelers, Colts, Jets, and Bears during the week leading up to each game, you'd think they were the worse than the Arizona Cardinals and Carolina Panthers! Monday morning gloating is the sign of fair weather fans. Are you fair weather??

The Patriots are running on all cylinders which is great, but lets not overlook these other teams.  I'd rather be surprised by a 36-7 game than expect it and "only" win 17-13.  Green Bay will be desperate and their defense is pretty good. We'll see if Aaron Rogers can survive. 

Good win Sunday!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Well, they're still criticizing the defense.

Maybe that will be enough to keep this team sharp.  They're still in the bottom 5 in almost every statistical category on defense, and I'm sure they're reminded of this every week.

Sections
Shortcuts