I dont understand the TE draft talk.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I dont understand the TE draft talk.

I do not understand why some of the posters on this forum continue to say we need to draft a TE. Drafting a pass catching TE early is a dumb move for this team, we do not use TEs in the passing game and we havent since Ben Coates. We need a blocking TE and that is it and we dont need to draft one. And if we do it should be late.

I would rather we draft a WR if we want a pass catcher.

Ben Watson for all we know could be great in another scheme, we dont use TEs so why draft on in round one or two? I just dont understand where this comes from cause anyone who watches should know we simply dont use them enough to use a top pick on one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: I dont understand the TE draft talk.

In Response to I dont understand the TE draft talk.:
    I would rather we draft a WR if we want a pass catcher. Posted by MVPKilla2009

I'd like to get one too, right after we get a big TE. He doesn't have to be a catching TE but it would help.

Don't forget we just picked up Torrie Holt. And Bradon tate is gonna be available this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

We need a TE because we only have 1 on the team and he's well over 30, in nfl terms. Crumplers a rock but you can't only carry 1 on the team and hope some freak injury doesn't happen. Not to mention what happens in 2 years when his contract is up. WIth all these picks it only makes sense to grab 1 in this draft then try to find 1 in a much weaker draft next year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

"I do not understand why some of the posters on this forum continue to say we need to draft a TE"

Because they don't know $H!T.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: I dont understand the TE draft talk.:
    We need a TE because we only have 1 on the team and he's well over 30 Posted by PatsEng

yeah, that's right

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I agree, TE in the early rounds is not needed.  This is a very deep TE draft, there are pass catching (solid players) and blocking TEs well into the late rounds.

My pick local kid, Scott Sicko as a pass catching TE.  Needs to develop as a blocker but a very good weapon in the middle of the field.  Another good TE available in the 6th, one of the best blocking TE in the draft Mickey Shuler oh and kid can also catch, another blocking TE is Nate Byham he is not a burner but finds empty holes in the D.

7th rounders, Jameson Konz, light at 234 but really fast can be spread out as WR or used as a H-back.  Another? Fendi Onobun 6'6" 251 4.48 40, basketball player no real stats to speak off but huge potential based on atheletic ability 7th round or UDFA can develop into a solid TE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Haha, we took a tight end.  Nice thread, dumba.ss

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Rob Gronkowski

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

mighty I have a feeling we'll grab another one too. Can you say Sicko?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I think we'll get a WR next, but Sicko might be later on

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Now the question is who goes on IR first him or Crable?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: I dont understand the TE draft talk.:
    Mighty thanks bro lol yea apparently I dont know what I am talking about LOL I think this was a mistake. He will not be used right and in 5 years he will be gone having ruined his career in NE. If he can block that will be great but i dont like taking a TE so early even if we only have one TE on the roster. He is a good pick i just dont see us using him right.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

He was considered one of the best blocking TE's coming out of the draft so he fits the Pats mold

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

learn to start saying Gronk! I watched him on NFL.com he was very f*cking happing to be going to the Pats, even came oout with a helmet like he already knew