I don't want a Patriots 1st round playoff bye.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I don't want a Patriots 1st round playoff bye.

I don't like how they come off their bye weeks and I don't like how they come off a 9-10 day layoff between games.  Lets just keep on rolling week after week!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Re: I don't want a Patriots 1st round playoff bye.

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't like how they come off their bye weeks and I don't like how they come off a 9-10 day layoff between games.  Lets just keep on rolling week after week!

[/QUOTE]

Nah, the extra week off gives them practice for the break leading up to the SB!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

With Gronk needing time to heal, and our O line really b*nged up, I'll take the extra week off.

Getting it will be quite another matter.

Silly...I needed the * as the a got it a banned word...actually stupid..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Crazy as it sounds I feel the same way. All the advantages are in having that week off and getting extra rest, health. Last year they played well off of the bye but more often than not they are rusty after the extra week off. I hope they get a bye because of all the injuries but agree that they are often shakey. Happens to lots of top two seeds. Packers last year, many more. The hot team going in usually wins out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

They looked pretty well coming off their bye week in the divisional round last season.

Winning the wild card round isn't guaranteed either. 

If the Patriots are going to struggle coming out of the bye week, then they won't win the Super Bowl...because that comes after a bye week

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Crazy as it sounds I feel the same way. All the advantages are in having that week off and getting extra rest, health. Last year they played well off of the bye but more often than not they are rusty after the extra week off. I hope they get a bye because of all the injuries but agree that they are often shakey. Happens to lots of top two seeds. Packers last year, many more. The hot team going in usually wins out.

[/QUOTE]

And before 2010 two teams won the Super Bowl after being the #1 seed.

If you could guarantee the Pats making it to the divisional round without injuries then I would consider not having a bye being better. But you can't guarantee it.

You risk injury, and more importantly, losing in the wild card round.

Also, if we're a three seed, we would have to play, perhaps, Baltimore, on the road. Just look at their splits. Hot or not, I'd rather play Baltimore in Foxboro then at their house

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

The O-Line was terrible today. Maybe the goal is not to get players, especially Brady. injured  for the second seed, but get everybody healthy for the playoff.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Patriots are going to struggle coming out of the bye week, then they won't win the Super Bowl...because that comes after a bye week

[/QUOTE]

last two superbbowls they didn't look great.... both coming off a bye week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

You may not even got one so I'd wait and see.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Mankins, Gronk, Edelman, Vollmer, Conolly and other 10 players CAN REALLY USE THE BYE !

+ the bye means to have a great opp for hosting the AFCCG !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

This team seems to lose a little focus with the extra time between games. I would rather they play every week from here on out. I would also like two other teams to be the "favorites" going into the playoffs.

That would likely mean going on the road for the AFCCG, but that doesn't matter. Now that this team can run the ball, they can win on the road.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

With a bye win once and your in the AFC championship game....