I don't want to hear any BS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Re: I don't want to hear any BS

In Response to Re: I don't want to hear any BS:
    [QUOTE]I'm one of the biggest Brady backers on here, but I'll say that he DID have about 6-9 passes that were off the target and could of extended drives or went for touchdowns. I will say that his receivers get very little separation and if it not for the tight ends he would have very very few options. Branch was absolutely pitiful today, a defensive back looked at as if he was fused to his back all day - the miscommunication between him and Brady was a result of Brady throwing it behind him - for to try to lead him instead would of been fruitless (he couldn't gain a centimeter of separation). This defense is beyond ridicolous. The secondary has holes the size of a Hump Back Whale. We have one pass rusher and Wilfork can't hold the line all by himself - there's a reason why they can rush for 120 plus yards and Rex Grossman can have a career day...it's because we are terrible. It is what it is.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Come playoff time Brady is going to have to hit those 6-9 passes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Actually this is the first game this year the defense actually  made me concerned about the playoffs.

Too late in the season to use my reasoning BB always pulls the defense together by the end of the year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't want to hear any BS : Come playoff time Brady is going to have to hit those 6-9 passes.
    Posted by Wizardsjag[/QUOTE]

Tha's the problem, there's very little margin for error for him and this offense - when the defense looks like it does.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

..then again if Brady had an average day they would have dropped 52 on this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Yes, we won. Amen to that. But this D can't stop anyone. Yet they did step up with that INT to close it out. My $.02 is that BB screwed around too long with the secondary playing "mad scientist." There has been horrible play back there bescause we have a wide-out and a slot guy playing D, which is just plain nuts. Yadda-yadda

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Glad they won but....This team takes the "bend but don't break concept" to new subterranean levels.  

Needing a quasi-fluke interception to hold on against the Rex freakin' Grossman Washington Redskins offense.  Giving up huge chunks over the middle on pass plays all day.  Every time Helu went on a left side run it seemed like 10+ yards. 

Hopefully Pat Chung comes back soon, they need him bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

All I know is one of my best friends down here is a Jets fan and he will take as many ugly wins that we have compaired to the few nice wins the he has. A win is a win. Yes we could be one done again in the playoffs because of the defense but at least  we're not that Colts!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL. In the end we won, defense made a stand, however ugly anyone wants to call it.

I think the offense has so much potential  to score 40 points a game, but sojoetimes it seems them play bonehead like they did at times today.

OC should have ran on 3rd and goal, and insure the win with the FG if need be.

Glad to see Brady sticking up for himself against a lame brain OC.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]We won. End of story. If you want to go cheer for the Steelers, Ravens, or any other defensive 'powerhouse', be my guest. We all have identical records. Each team has gotten to their respective record in different ways, but I won't complain about a win (on the road in a hostile environment), and I sure as hell won't complain about allowing 7 points in the second half. That's called making adjustments, and it payed off. The best team in the NFL just gave up 35 points to the Giants last week, a team that we held to 20 points.  Each game is different, and more than ever, it's a week-to-week sport. Certain teams matchup better against other teams, and each game will be different. To be leading the AFC East with a 10-3 record is a great spot to be positioned in, given this iteration of the NFL.  Once we get into the playoffs, it's anyones game.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

That argument is so ridiculous. True the Packers game up more point to the Giants than Patriots, but they also scored more than twice as many. 

This argument that we just have to make the playoffs and somehow things will be different is just plain asinine. Other than the Jets has this team played a complete game against a good team? Why would that be different in the playoffs?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't want to hear any BS : Great job keeping up the optimism and positivity. 
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

You'd have a point, but optimism and positivity don't equate to offensive and defensive execution.  Look, this team has issues.  Yes, we have a great record, and today, TB wasn't at his best.  But at the end of the day, the issues on display today will be exacerbated in the playoffs where the competition is better.  Washington was a 4-8 team, period.  We should have wiped the field with them, and even after a TD fumble recovery early on.  The fact is, we seem to be playing to the level of our comptition, and that's okay if we don't do stupid things on defense (like hacking up 3rd and longs via penalties or bad coverage) or not turning the ball over in the red zone.  Fact is, we were lucky to take this thing and if we need to go into hostile territory during playoff time, against a good team, we'll need to play perfectly on offense to overcome our shortcomings on D.  And today, the difference between winning and losing was Gronk's YAC.  Can't expect that to continue against good teams - thus can't expect to play well against them, or more to the point - beat them!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

The way they are playing now the Pats have a puncher's chance in the playoffs I would say

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

The team definitely needs to improve and some tough division games at the end could help that. However I kind of like the fact that this team will basically be an underdog come playoff time. They do have a lot to prove.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My take:

Defense made a couple of really good (one perhaps outstanding) plays.  That said it's clear that we have issues in the secondary.  These issues, in my opinion, are a consequence of a number of players being dinged up.  Chung is out and McCourty is clearly playing hurt as is Ihedigbo. When you've got Edelman and Slater playing all the snaps that they are on D the Pats are hurting.  D line and linebacking play was mostly good.  Spikes return will help there.  Good to see Fletcher back and contributing.

Offense had moments of brilliance and other moments of not so much.  Gronk is a beast.  Although Brady didn't have his best day he did make some big plays under pressure.  Although the 'Skins O has been horribly inconsistent they have an excellent D and I thought the O line did a good job of protecting Brady.

My reaction to the Brady/O'Brien dust up:  So what?

An ugly win but a win.  Pats are 10-3 and clearly one of the best teams in the AFC. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]My take: Defense made a couple of really good (one perhaps outstanding) plays.  That said it's clear that we have issues in the secondary.  These issues, in my opinion, are a consequence of a number of players being dinged up.  Chung is out and McCourty is clearly playing hurt as is Ihedigbo. When you've got Edelman and Slater playing all the snaps that they are on D the Pats are hurting.  D line and linebacking play was mostly good.  Spikes return will help there.  Good to see Fletcher back and contributing. Offense had moments of brilliance and other moments of not so much.  Gronk is a beast.  Although Brady didn't have his best day he did make some big plays under pressure.  Although the 'Skins O has been horribly inconsistent they have an excellent D and I thought the O line did a good job of protecting Brady. My reaction to the Brady/O'Brien dust up:  So what? An ugly win but a win.  Pats are 10-3 and clearly one of the best teams in the AFC. 
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

I agree that some of the DBs are dinged up, but who is coming back other than Chung? Slater and Edelman are probably going to be on defense for the remainder of the season. What are the other options? How good really is a healthy Ihedigbo? 

I totally disagree about the linebacking play today. The Patriots gave up their first 100-yard rusher of the year and 170 yards rushing total (not to mention 5.0 yards per carry). This was the worst run defense performance of the year.

Brady missed several passes, but he sidestepped the rush at least half a dozen times to extend and make other plays. I still cannot believe that there are people who consider him any other than the best player on this team. I still worry we are two reliant on Gronk and Welker and that a well schemed D will limit them. I do not think you can shut the offense down, but all you have to do is slow it down enough to give your offense a chance to win against the Patriots defense. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]Southnpatsfan... you are going to read it all night, into tomorrow and throughout the week.  This win is an ugly one and many fans will be coming out of the woodwork derying this team as NOT a winner to some degree.  I wonder, what do you call Tebow and what the Broncos are doing?  Seems all of Denver are accepting their wins without question.  Here in Pats Nation, we seem to question every win as being legitimate or not, don't we?  It is almost like some fans here WANT to give some Ws back because they did not score a "10" on the pretty win scale.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Bill, I'm not looking to give any W back nor am I looking for a means measuring  on pretty to ugly, I've followed the Pats, and been loyal, since 1963. I'm not a fair weather fan. Now with that said, it's been along time since I seen such an ugly win, mainly I've never seen such a nonexistent defense. I guess at this stage of the season we should be playing more consistent.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't want to hear any BS : Where have you been this season?  This is a constant theme, week in and week out!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Haha I should have ended my post with sarcasm font, agcsbill.

Sections
Shortcuts