I EXPECT BIASED OFFICIATING

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Re: I EXPECT BIASED OFFICIATING

i wouldnt be shocked if on the first play the Refs eject brady.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

If it's a close game, the losing team will be doing most of the complaining! I think most fans feel their team doesn't get a fair shake from the officials....especially when they lose! If their team wins a close game...it's because they were the better team! But if they lose a close game...'The other team was just lucky'.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: I EXPECT BIASED OFFICIATING:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I EXPECT BIASED OFFICIATING : ALREADY finding excuses?? whoever wins there will be no bias
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

I'm going to remember this one. Funny considering you've been 8itching about the Ravens "touchdown" for a week now. Some nice troll work lately, Jints, thought you were a better poster than this.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]  If it's a close game, the losing team will be doing most of the complaining! I think most fans feel their team doesn't get a fair shake from the officials....especially when they lose! If their team wins a close game...it's because they were the better team! But if they lose a close game...'The other team was just lucky'.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Good post. Can't stand whining about officials.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

n Response to Re: I EXPECT BIASED OFFICIATING:
    [QUOTE]  If it's a close game, the losing team will be doing most of the complaining! I think most fans feel their team doesn't get a fair shake from the officials....especially when they lose! If their team wins a close game...it's because they were the better team! But if they lose a close game...'The other team was just lucky'.

HeY SC 75!

I hope it is a good game and we win!  Too many wins lately for the NFC. Also hope nobody gets really hurt!

Can't wait to play your team agin next year!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

[QUOTE]lmao me either...espescially with all the calls the pats have been screwed by 
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

The refs owe us one from the 2007 Super Bowl.  I bet there was at least 4 roughing the qb calls against Brady that wasn't called.

I recall seeing the Giant d linemen following through with their rush giving Brady forearms to the helmet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

"he's got three that's enough" tell that to the Yankees, j-izz.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonola. Show nonola's posts

If it approaches the SB of four years ago it'll have to be considered biased. Almost thirty times the Giants were in the backfield as the ball was being snapped and not one, not one offside or procedure call the entire game. Forget Eli in the grasp. We were never getting that call at that point of the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

John parry is the ref. He is a wallflower type... Blends in , does the job. He's not the type to have his own agenda like a Mike Carey who showed blatant bias in SB42... (2 tickytack holding penalties on pats killing late 1st half drive and long kick return, to go along with no calls on giants and the clock screw up on final drive ). The political undercurrent IMO favors NE this time. This is due to Kraft and his contributions to the league while suffering the loss of his wife Myra. Also Goodell must realize how the league and he himself have mistreated this great franchise in 2007-8 and forced them to swallow a penalty that was excessive, and by doing so put a condemning stamp on people that was undeserved. Any rational person looking back on this in a historical context will see the blatant injustice, and he must know this. At some point the truth will emerge about goodell and the media-political witch hunt that took place.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonola. Show nonola's posts

Well all you need to refer to is Goodall $750000 and first round pick punishment of BB and the Pats versus his $100000 fine against the jets coach interfering in a game. A video camera 15 feet out of position and a intentional fix during an actual game? Does make one wonder.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I agree that you will absolutely see a bad PI call. Eli seems to get one every time he plays the Pats. Inevitably, it's on an underthrown pass where the receiver runs into the CB trying to get back to it. You shouldn't be rewarded for bad passes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Whining about the officiating 4 days before the game, this is a new low.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]n Response to Re: I EXPECT BIASED OFFICIATING : HeY SC 75! I hope it is a good game and we win!  Too many wins lately for the NFC. Also hope nobody gets really hurt! Can't wait to play your team agin next year!
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]
     Bradley, I too would like to see the AFC win! Sorry the Steelers didn't come through last year, but Green Bay was the better team. The Patriots have had to come to Pittsburgh the past few years, it should be alternated. It's only fair. I would rather the Steelers played the Patriots, Saints, Giants, Packers, two times a year, rather than Cleveland. Nothing against the Browns, they usually give us fits, but it's almost like a 'no win situation'. It's kind of nice to be the underdog sometimes. It never fails, as soon as the so-called experts start to really talk a team up, many times that's the 'kiss of death'.(lol) That's why I think the Patriots have a good chance at winning the SB. Many of the so-called experts seem to be jumping on the Giants Bandwagon.... I think that might be why Coach Belechick seems a lot more at ease for this game. I've never had a problem with him. I think he keeps a low profile because he believes the attention should be on his players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

It helps if there's a specific reason to expect biased officiating.

If I were in the business of corrupting refs and fixing games, I'd prefer to fix any game where the home team is the underdog.  The crowd won't care if the ref is biased like crazy towards their own team.  If they went blatantly for the away team the crowd would be all over the refs and there'd be an investigation.  Just being practical about these things. 

Another great angle is if an owner or GM (a certain recently fired NFL GM with a violent temper and his worthless son come to mind, they had a bunch of ref-friendly games) pays the fixer a million or two to pay off the refs to fix the game.  An extra victory is easily worth a million or two in extra team revenues.  Hopefully the fix can't ever be traced because it's a third party bribe. 

The Super Bowl isn't quite as good to fixers, but the sheer money to be made is greater.  What would scare me off about this game, as a fixer, is a certain probability that the Patriots might take total control and crush the Giants like they were Denver again, and then after that disaster there's nothing the refs can do.  Fixers hate big unknowns.   They're not going to wager $10m or $20m on only a 60% chance of victory.  At least that's my best guess.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that you will absolutely see a bad PI call. Eli seems to get one every time he plays the Pats. Inevitably, it's on an underthrown pass where the receiver runs into the CB trying to get back to it. You shouldn't be rewarded for bad passes.
    Posted by jedinate[/QUO
    I hate that call. The same in basketball. You don't have to get out of the way. I used to say that to the basketball ref "I'm sorry I didn't get out of his way."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

You must have missed the Seattle/Steelers SB--what a joke ---brutal officiating!In Response to Re: I EXPECT BIASED OFFICIATING:
    [QUOTE]We've been victims of this all year, by far and away the worst Pats season I've ever seen in this area, but I don't expect it in this game. It's very, very rare and the refs usually do a really nice job, keep the flags in the pockets and only call the obvious stuff. SB 40 was the worst I've ever seen and probably always will be.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Your a standup fan Steel Curtain-but you must admit the officiating for the Seattle/Steelers SB was atrocious!!!! And it favored your boys!!!!!!In Response to Re: I EXPECT BIASED OFFICIATING:

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I EXPECT BIASED OFFICIATING : [QUOTE]I agree that you will absolutely see a bad PI call. Eli seems to get one every time he plays the Pats. Inevitably, it's on an underthrown pass where the receiver runs into the CB trying to get back to it. You shouldn't be rewarded for bad passes. Posted by jedinate[/QUO I hate that call. The same in basketball. You don't have to get out of the way. I used to say that to the basketball ref "I'm sorry I didn't get out of his way."
    Posted by JohnTAlouette[/QUOTE]

both u guys are right
    I've been complaining about this forever
    Especially when the ball hits the back of the db's head
    before it can even get to the wr

And also Eli does seem to throw a couple balls up each game
    hoping for something - As we got alot of good breaks in the 18-0 run
    til the last SB - evenutally the good breaks don't go your way -
    evenutally eli and the giants will have it go agisnt them

Sections
Shortcuts