I feel Good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I feel Good

We played our worst game of the year, without GRONK and almost beat the best Defense in the league.  Actually scoring 28 unanswered points at one point when we easily could of rolled like Huston last week.

Yes, Arrington and Special teams let us down in the end but this team needed this. 

We don't lose again this year....Bank it.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: I feel Good

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

We played our worst game of the year, without GRONK and almost beat the best Defense in the league.  Actually scoring 28 unanswered points at one point when we easily could of rolled like Huston last week.

Yes, Arrington and Special teams let us down in the end but this team needed this. 

[/QUOTE]

u said that before this game...remember?

and giving up 41 points to a rookie with 3 starts under his belt? hmmmm...

[/QUOTE]

41 points isnt good, but when you consider the pats turned the ball over so many damn times, it really wasnt that bad....turnovers and special teams did them in....and arrington.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not a rookie

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

As I mentioned in a different thread, toughest test will be playing at Den, when Den will have an extra week to prepare for us.

I think the Pats can afford to rest Gronk for week 16 and play him in week 17. That being said, I would probably rest Hernandez.

If Lloyd can continue to play at this level, this is a whole new offense. There is virtually no tape of this offense with a healthy Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd and Welker. Why give teams more tape when the Pats have pretty much nothing to gain?

I also think they should just let Mallet start week 17. I'm against sitting them out when they have a bye, because that would be 2 weeks off, but I think you can afford to sit Brady week 17 now

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As I mentioned in a different thread, toughest test will be playing at Den, when Den will have an extra week to prepare for us.

I think the Pats can afford to rest Gronk for week 16 and play him in week 17. That being said, I would probably rest Hernandez.

If Lloyd can continue to play at this level, this is a whole new offense. There is virtually no tape of this offense with a healthy Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd and Welker. Why give teams more tape when the Pats have pretty much nothing to gain?

I also think they should just let Mallet start week 17. I'm against sitting them out when they have a bye, because that would be 2 weeks off, but I think you can afford to sit Brady week 17 now

[/QUOTE]

They need game time together. Their vaunted offense has been on the field together for what 3 games. Practice speed just doesn't cut it. I would prefer them all on the field at least once before the playoffs (if Gronk isn't close to 100% then rest him though).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Special teams were the difference in this one. Wild game with lots of mistakes for both teams on both sides of the ball, but the 9ers made plays on STs and we didn't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I feel as good as you can when this team suffers a loss. I think this team showed tonight that the only thing holding them back is their own mistakes. To put up 24 points in a single quarter, when the league's #1  defense only allowed more than that once in an entire game once all season, was a remarkable comeback. In the end it was all for nought, but it gives me confidence for the post season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like I posted before, you're a loudmouth chump.  You and your lame "EZ PZ" 29-13 prediction or whatever it was.  No matter how many times it happens (like I posted), you don't learn.  Guess our QB isn't that bad, huh?

Enjoy watching the wildcard game that my team just sent you to.  I know I will when I watch the AFC playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

have to love brady's performance - one of the gutsiest of his career. the guy refused to roll over and practically willed his team to a ighly improbable win. 

this offense is not the same without gronk. loss of edelman really hurts as well as he was just getting going. edelman has the kind of fire that would have come in huge in a game like this. lloyd showing uo was a plus, though the next tough catch he makes in the air over the middle will be his first. hernandex too is just climbing back and still not close to his old self. 

they've made it a lot tougher on themsleves, and barring a denver upset they're going to have to go on the road and win a couple of really tough games. it won't be easy and the odds will be stacked against them. 

some really horrible plays by arrington, dennard and company, though I continue to be encouraged by talib's presence. the guy is as good in coverage as anyone has been in new england in quite some time. they gave up a ton of points tonight and didn't get nearly enough pressure on a young quarterback, but turnovers also killed this team. the pats take care of the ball it's a different game. I think the defense is battling and is in a lot better place than it was prior to talib's arrival. i wonder too if chandler jones is fully healthy?

gronk comes back, hernandez gets healthier, and they get ridley squared away and this offense will still be tough in the playoffs. if we ever did get to the playoffs and faced san franc again, good luck beating this team twice. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

41 points isnt good, but when you consider the pats turned the ball over so many damn times, it really wasnt that bad....turnovers and special teams did them in....and arrington.

[/QUOTE]

yeah neither team held onto the ball but it was a sloppy night...exciting game anyway

[/QUOTE]

You'd have expected New England to handle the conditions better though. Suprised they lost the turnover battle at home.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The slow start and fumbles might have been a result of being a bit flat after a few tough games and a big build up to the Monday night game the previous week. Prior to that on the road against 2 division rivals which is always tough. Sanfran turned up more than ready to go right from the start. The way the Pats came back was good. If they had of won after being down by 28 you could almost hand them the Lombardi then and there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Worst game of the year?? That would be the loss to the Cardinals, early in the season. Got to give some credit to the 49er "D" for those turnovers.

I feel anything but good about this costly loss. Maybe the Pats put up 34 on the great 49er "D", but the very average 49er "O" put up 41 on the NE defense. The Pats still have no pass rush. Not good.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

The teams were close. Yeah I wish we had won and I wish we were much better than the 49ers but its hard to be MUCH better than other top teams in the league. I think all-in-all the Pats were the better team and just lost on the night. Sometimes the chips don't fall your way. We blew out Houston but that was because the chips fell our way, Hernandez recovered the fumble at 2 yd line, Lloyd recovered Woody's fumble in end zone, easy interceptions of Brady dropped. Yeah we should have beaten Houston but the blowout was because we got a bit lucky.

Similarly we should have beaten 49ers but we had 4 turnovers and only the Brady interception at start for throwing to Wes in double coverage was a real bonehead play and the other 3 turnovers were the type of stuff that can go either way in any game and sometimes you get lucky and sometimes they do. 

I don't think anyone should feel good that we lost. Yeah I'm proud we fought back but it shows we are very close to other top teams and need to have a slice of luck go our way to win these games, just as the opposing top teams do as well. The Superbowls we won, we got some lucky plays go our way and the ones we lost, we had some unlucky plays go against us, and we were competitive in all of them. It's just the way this rolls. 

The Pats showed that they are competitive. The rest comes down to who makes the big plays on the night and a lot of the times that's just touch-and-go.......... or luck. Call it whatever. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Special teams were the difference in this one. Wild game with lots of mistakes for both teams on both sides of the ball, but the 9ers made plays on STs and we didn't.

[/QUOTE]

was it special teams that turned the ball over?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I didn't like the fact that the first half reminded me so much of the two Giants' Super Bowls.  We continue to be forced into one-dimensional play by great front fours. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Not sure how you can feel good.  This loss means that barring upsets the Pats will have to win in Denver (with Denver getting the extra week to rest and prepare) and then winning in Houston.  Possible yes, but not making me feel good.  Would have much prefered a 1 or 2 seed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Casportsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like I posted before, you're a loudmouth chump.  You and your lame "EZ PZ" 29-13 prediction or whatever it was.  No matter how many times it happens (like I posted), you don't learn.  Guess our QB isn't that bad, huh?

Enjoy watching the wildcard game that my team just sent you to.  I know I will when I watch the AFC playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

Man, you like to run your mouth huh? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I didn't like the fact that the first half reminded me so much of the two Giants' Super Bowls.  We continue to be forced into one-dimensional play by great front fours. 

[/QUOTE]

Prolate, though you and I seem to rarely agree, you've pretty much nailed it here.  

This and other silly, pie in the sky threads about "how happy" and "how proud" Patriots' fans should be of their team after this performance is absurd. Sure, the Pats were able to erase a 31-3 lead. But, big deal! The Pats' allowed a visiting team to come into Foxborough in an important, nationally televised game, and physically dominate them. Dominate them to the point that, after 2.5 quarters, New England was losing, 31-3. Though the comeback was nice, it was made after the 49ers relaxed a bit, and went into a bit of a prevent mode. It was not based on the Patriots exerting their will, and taking command of the game.

This was a gut check for our Patriots. Unfortunately, as they have in the past against similar teams, such as the 2010 Jets, the 2009 and 2011 Ravens, and the 2007 and 2011 Giants, the Pats wilted under the pounding. They could not exert their will, which is demonstrated by doing whatever is necessary to beat these types of teams. Last night, they wilted again, by failing to execute crisply, and in committing four (4) costly turnovers. 

Sorry you homers, but the Patriots were again exposed for the finesse team that they are...and were embarrassed last night.      

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Prolate, though you and I seem to rarely agree, you've pretty much nailed it here.  

This and other silly, pie in the sky threads about "how happy" and "how proud" Patriots' fans should be of their team after this performance is absurd. Sure, the Pats were able to erase a 31-3 lead. But, big deal! The Pats' allowed a visiting team to come into Foxborough in an important, nationally televised game, and physically dominate them. Dominate them to the point that, after 2.5 quarters, New England was losing, 31-3. Though the comeback was nice, it was made after the 49ers relaxed a bit, and went into a bit of a prevent mode. It was not based on the Patriots exerting their will, and taking command of the game.

This was a gut check for our Patriots. Unfortunately, as they have in the past against similar teams, such as the 2010 Jets, the 2009 and 2011 Ravens, and the 2007 and 2011 Giants, the Pats wilted under the pounding. They could not exert their will, which is demonstrated by doing whatever is necessary to beat these types of teams. Last night, they wilted again, by failing to execute crisply, and in committing four (4) costly turnovers. 

Sorry you homers, but the Patriots were again exposed for the finesse team that they are...and were embarrassed last night.      

[/QUOTE]

Oh please. The sky is not falling. Ya I wish we won...doesn't every Pats fan? But to say we were "exposed" and "embarrassed" is absurd. Exposed/embarrassed is what the Falcons did the Giants yesterday. Exposed/embarrassed is what the Packers and Patriots did to the Texans. 

It was not pretty, but a 41-34 loss is not what you claim.

I'd also be willing to bet you never see the Patriots play as bad as they did in the 1st half again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ouch Tex,  Your being a Debbie downer here.  Thank God you wern't President on December 7th 1941.  You would of bitched about how bad we were then Surrendered.  We all would be speaking Japanese now.

You might as well move to France.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Why does the Texas guy show up after a loss to crap all over an upbeat thread?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

I don't know the Pats still have trouble when teams get pressure with 4, and they still have trouble stopping the deep ball.  This has been a running theme for years now.

Sections
Shortcuts