I feel Good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Re: I feel Good

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry you homers, but the Patriots were again exposed for the finesse team that they are...and were embarrassed last night.      

Hey TP,  I thought you were a Patriots Fan.  I guess not.  Or if you are, perhaps you should change your screen name to Texas "Fair Weather Fan" Pat.

To call people "Homers" for being proud of the way our team almost came back to win is not cool.  As a matter of fact, I think it's pretty stupid.  

I was and still am very proud of the Patriots for not folding like a cheap suitcase after being down by 4 touchdowns.   I am also proud to be a "Homer" and if you don't like it, I guess that's TS.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

I would be embarrased if I am SF.  Barring a nice kick off return by James, their D blew a 28 point lead and could have just as easily lost.

I don't think either team played the game they wanted.

Exactly.  We had all the Momentum back to our side until that play.  

It was a bad game because of all the playoff implications.   But if the Pats have to go on the road so be it.  The Gloom and Doomers have them losing already and the Playoffs don't begin for another 3 weeks.

So who are the "Elite" Teams?   San Francisco?  I still don't think so.  NY Giants?, Falcons? Vikings? Ravens? Seahawks?  Texans? Broncos? Dallas? and any of the rest of teams in the hunt?

It's still "Any given sunday" and that's why you have to play the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

We played our worst game of the year, without GRONK and almost beat the best Defense in the league.  Actually scoring 28 unanswered points at one point when we easily could of rolled like Huston last week.

Yes, Arrington and Special teams let us down in the end but this team needed this. 

We don't lose again this year....Bank it.

I feel great!

Wish we'd won, but the grit and heart were something to behold. Good to get that poor first-half out of the way. This team will be a force in the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

My girlfriend is a Giants fan and I'm a Pats fan. Long day yesterday to say the least. That said I expect both teams to make noise in the playoffs. The Pats were terrible yesterday but I feel that they will refocus and be ready come playoff time in a few weeks. The Giants had a terrible game as well and we all know how they respond come playoff time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

I would be embarrased if I am SF.  Barring a nice kick off return by James, their D blew a 28 point lead and could have just as easily lost.

I don't think either team played the game they wanted.

Come on Rusty.  They just beat a team that hadn't lost a December home game since like 2002.  Plus give them credit, they didnt fold on the road when it went 31-31, they scored the next 10.  You have to give credit where credit is do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think it was a bit of letdown after the Pats throttled the Texans last week.  Make no mistake, the 49ers were up for this game for sure, and I thought they were pretty dominant for large stretches.  They played a solid game running the ball and Kaepernick did some pretty nice things.  Their defense kept the Pats O off balance for a while and created turnovers, kudos to them. The Pats sloppy play coupled with the Niners ability to capitalize on turnovers and mental lapses made this look like a laugher, and the Niners deserved to win.

On the plus side, the Pats had no Gronk, and the fact that the O could come back and at least tie the game shows some fight and character.  It could be that this is one of those "good" losses in that the focus and intensity should be pretty good for the final few weeks after such a sloppy loss at home.    

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Let's call it what it was. The Pats came out sloppy and the weather effected the passing game big time. Nobody could hang on to the ball. The Pats most effective red zone weapon did NOT PLAY. The comeback was furious and it was disappointing that if not for the great kick return this may have ended differenty. We are all disappointed but it's time to FORGET this game and move on to next week. Let's get Gronk back in shape and begin another winning streak. The ponies should beat Cleveland but the Browns are laying better as of late so you never know. Winning in Denver would be tough but certainly not impossible. I still feel this s a BETTER team than last year. If we can get to the big dance I would really like our chances!! I STILL BELIEVE!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to Casportsfan's comment:

We played our worst game of the year, without GRONK and almost beat the best Defense in the league.  Actually scoring 28 unanswered points at one point when we easily could of rolled like Huston last week.

Yes, Arrington and Special teams let us down in the end but this team needed this. 

Like I posted before, you're a loudmouth chump.  You and your lame "EZ PZ" 29-13 prediction or whatever it was.  No matter how many times it happens (like I posted), you don't learn.  Guess our QB isn't that bad, huh?

Enjoy watching the wildcard game that my team just sent you to.  I know I will when I watch the AFC playoffs.

Tcal's a loudmouth chump? You come on our board and spew crap? Who's the loudmouth chump?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

A few good things to take from this game. First Brady and Lloyd are finally starting to click, you could see it the last few weeks. When Gronk comes back, opposing defensive coordinators are going to have nightmares stopping this offense. Gronk and Hernandez hardly played together at all this year. It looks like we may be starting to get healthy for the playoffs.

Also the 49ers had 6 fumbles and only lost 1, and multiple times Kappernick bobbled the snap and regained control. They easily could have had 5 or more turnovers. They got extremely lucky in that regard. When the Pats fumbled the ball the niners capitalized. Also that interception by Aldon Smith was a fluke, the ball was perfectly thrown but Hernandez let it go through his hands and bounced around like a pinball.

A bad weather night such as last night favors a defensive minded football team. When I saw the weather forecast I knew the 49ers were loving it. If the weather had been dry last night I think we would be looking at a much different outcome.

I don't think the 49ers would like meeting the Pats in the Superbowl. I think a Patriots team with Gronk would easily win a rematch in better weather conditions. The 49ers played like a team with nothing to lose. They took chances and it payed off. The fake punt on 4th and 9, all the deep passes that were successful, and capitalizing on most turnovers and we still could have won that game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

The did not score 28 unanswered points... they scored 28 straight points. After they tied it, the offense, defense and special teams all reverted back to how they played in the first half. 62-yard kick off return, 38 yard touchdown pass, and 22 yards on 5 plays the next two drives...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

I feel great!

Wish we'd won, but the grit and heart were something to behold. Good to get that poor first-half out of the way. This team will be a force in the playoffs.

I think the come back was impressive, but you are not going win in the playoffs playing good football for one 15 minute stretch. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

Sorry you homers, but the Patriots were again exposed for the finesse team that they are...and were embarrassed last night.      

Hey TP,  I thought you were a Patriots Fan.  I guess not.  Or if you are, perhaps you should change your screen name to Texas "Fair Weather Fan" Pat.

RESPONSE: You sorry homers are a scream! What about that statement I made above, that the Patriots are a finesse team, is untrue? The Pats have buckled since 2007 whenever they faced a rough, tough, physical  team. Need proof?:

1.) 2007: Lost to the NY Giants in SB 42, 17-14, when their OL got manhandled by the Giants' front 7. Tom Brady was lucky to escape that game alive;

2.) 2009: Were crushed by the Baltimore Ravens at home, 33-14, in a gaame that Ravens' QB Joe Flacco passes less than 10 times...that's how dominant the Baltimore rushing attack was;

3.) 2010: After crushing the NY Jets, 45-3 in Foxborough, on the road to securing the best record in the NFL at 14-2, the Jets visited the Pats again in the play-offs, and physically dominated them, winning 28-21, in a game that wasn't as close as the score indicates;

4.) 2011: After coming within a dropped pass of losing to the physical Ravens in the AFC championship game played in Foxborough, the Patriots were once again were beaten by the more physical NY Giants in SB 46, 24-20.  

To call people "Homers" for being proud of the way our team almost came back to win is not cool.  As a matter of fact, I think it's pretty stupid.

RESPONSE: To ignore the facts and excuse away losses and poor play is both childish, and idiotic. I'm sick and tired of seeing anyone who dares criticize the Pats here get personally attacked, accused on not being a Patriots' fan, or called a troll. In fact, the truth is that the Patriots' fans who are criticizing the team are doing so only because they strongly care about the fortunes of the team.    

I was and still am very proud of the Patriots for not folding like a cheap suitcase after being down by 4 touchdowns.   I am also proud to be a "Homer" and if you don't like it, I guess that's TS.

RESPONSE: Then I take it that you're proud of the first half, too? This game was played on their home field...and the Pats got beat up, and gave this one away with turnovers. They are now 1-3 against the NFC West, with two of the three losses coming at home.    

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to themightypatriots's comment:

Why does the Texas guy show up after a loss to crap all over an upbeat thread?

Welcome, oh Grand Boopah of the Ostrich Society!

LOL!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

tcal2 you never need a loss, that's just silly psycho-babble.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrewserBrad. Show BrewserBrad's posts

I'd hate to be Jacksonville right now. Patriots will probably score 60 points in the first half.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I didn't like the fact that the first half reminded me so much of the two Giants' Super Bowls.  We continue to be forced into one-dimensional play by great front fours. 

Prolate, though you and I seem to rarely agree, you've pretty much nailed it here.  

This and other silly, pie in the sky threads about "how happy" and "how proud" Patriots' fans should be of their team after this performance is absurd. Sure, the Pats were able to erase a 31-3 lead. But, big deal! The Pats' allowed a visiting team to come into Foxborough in an important, nationally televised game, and physically dominate them. Dominate them to the point that, after 2.5 quarters, New England was losing, 31-3. Though the comeback was nice, it was made after the 49ers relaxed a bit, and went into a bit of a prevent mode. It was not based on the Patriots exerting their will, and taking command of the game.

This was a gut check for our Patriots. Unfortunately, as they have in the past against similar teams, such as the 2010 Jets, the 2009 and 2011 Ravens, and the 2007 and 2011 Giants, the Pats wilted under the pounding. They could not exert their will, which is demonstrated by doing whatever is necessary to beat these types of teams. Last night, they wilted again, by failing to execute crisply, and in committing four (4) costly turnovers. 

Ouch Tex,  Your being a Debbie downer here.  Thank God you wern't President on December 7th 1941.  You would of bitched about how bad we were then Surrendered.  We all would be speaking Japanese now.

RESPONSE: Idiot...the last thing I want to see the Pats' do is surrender. Let's face it...with this team, it's SB or bust. To win a SB, the Pats must become mentally tougher than they are. No team wins games by committing four turnovers. I'm sick of seeing them lose each year in the play-offs or SB to more physical teams...and I'm even sicker of the excuses made by alleged "true" Patriots' fans. 

You might as well move to France.

RESPONSE: And perhaps you should take your act to Switzerland, where everyone is neutral, and plays soccer. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think if we had Gronk last night we win this game. The defense unfortunately still is a unit that you can't trust. You don't let a team like the 49rs score 41 points if you're good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think if we had Gronk last night we win this game. The defense unfortunately still is a unit that you can't trust. You don't let a team like the 49rs score 41 points if you're good.

Got to disagree. The Pats were not ready to play last night. Though the secondary was up to it's usual old tricks, and a pass rush was non-existant, poor special teams play and turnovers is what killed this team.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

You know reading all your posts I agree with some but I  loved the way Brady came back. To me this is very telling. He wants to WIN. I haven't seen that fire in him in a long time. I know he has always been competitive but last night he showed me that he is hungry. He knows he played bad and still didnt stop. I really believed we were going to end up in OT, but I still think he is the Best QB in the league. The season isn't over and we clinched our division, so relax. I truly believe the PATS will be in SB. I thought at the beginning that the SB would be between Pats and 49ers, I see it more now than ever.!!!Friends here in NYC think I'm crazy they think it will Giants and anybody but the PATS...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

RESPONSE: You sorry homers are a scream! What about that statement I made above, that the Patriots are a finesse team, is untrue? The Pats have buckled since 2007 whenever they faced a rough, tough, physical  team. Need proof?:

1.) 2007: Lost to the NY Giants in SB 42, 17-14, when their OL got manhandled by the Giants' front 7. Tom Brady was lucky to escape that game alive;

2.) 2009: Were crushed by the Baltimore Ravens at home, 33-14, in a gaame that Ravens' QB Joe Flacco passes less than 10 times...that's how dominant the Baltimore rushing attack was;

3.) 2010: After crushing the NY Jets, 45-3 in Foxborough, on the road to securing the best record in the NFL at 14-2, the Jets visited the Pats again in the play-offs, and physically dominated them, winning 28-21, in a game that wasn't as close as the score indicates;

4.) 2011: After coming within a dropped pass of losing to the physical Ravens in the AFC championship game played in Foxborough, the Patriots were once again were beaten by the more physical NY Giants in SB 46, 24-20.  

RESPONSE: To ignore the facts and excuse away losses and poor play is both childish, and idiotic. I'm sick and tired of seeing anyone who dares criticize the Pats here get personally attacked, accused on not being a Patriots' fan, or called a troll. In fact, the truth is that the Patriots' fans who are criticizing the team are doing so only because they strongly care about the fortunes of the team.    

RESPONSE: Then I take it that you're proud of the first half, too? This game was played on their home field...and the Pats got beat up, and gave this one away with turnovers. They are now 1-3 against the NFC West, with two of the three losses coming at home.    

I think I finally figured you out.  At first I thought you were a real fan who happened to do a bang up job with his presentation of weekly picks and grades etc.  

But in recent weeks, I've come to the conclusion that you are not a fan at all.  Actually I believe that you are a Sports Writer WANNABE and you pretend that you are writing for the Globe's Sports Page and not in some obscure fan forum.  

Yes the Pats played a terrible first half.   Any team can and will disappoint.  I don't follow the Pats as a general manager or as a sports writer wannabe for that matter.  I'm just a fan.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The way they came back was awesome. But, we can't afford the offense to sputter for a half, have 4 turnovers, then sputter twice trying to tie it back up, and like you stated our special teams needs to get better.

Sections
Shortcuts