I feel Good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: I feel Good

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think I finally figured you out.  At first I thought you were a real fan who happened to do a bang up job with his presentation of weekly picks and grades etc.  

But in recent weeks, I've come to the conclusion that you are not a fan at all.  Actually I believe that you are a Sports Writer WANNABE and you pretend that you are writing for the Globe's Sports Page and not in some obscure fan forum.  

Yes the Pats played a terrible first half.   Any team can and will disappoint.  I don't follow the Pats as a general manager or as a sports writer wannabe for that matter.  I'm just a fan.  

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!  Finally more and more posters are waking up to the real TexasPat

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

If this team turns out to be our Super-Bowl matchup I will be glad to have this loss in the bank.

This was a great game to remind the Pats what teams with an imposing front 7 can do to them if they don't execute.

OK, I'd rather have the win...but the Pats still have a vulnerability this is it, they need to be reminded they are not all the way there yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If this team turns out to be our Super-Bowl matchup I will be glad to have this loss in the bank.

This was a great game to remind the Pats what teams with an imposing front 7 can do to them if they don't execute.

OK, I'd rather have the win...but the Pats still have a vulnerability this is it, they need to be reminded they are not all the way there yet.

[/QUOTE]

There defense was probably the best the patriots played all season, but the patriots shot themselves in the foot 4 times, and gave up turnover points.

When they finally got it together they were steamrolling that defense.

What the patriots can't afford to do in the playoffs or SB is beat themselves likethe first 35 minutes of last nights game.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think I finally figured you out.  At first I thought you were a real fan who happened to do a bang up job with his presentation of weekly picks and grades etc.  

But in recent weeks, I've come to the conclusion that you are not a fan at all.  Actually I believe that you are a Sports Writer WANNABE and you pretend that you are writing for the Globe's Sports Page and not in some obscure fan forum.  

Yes the Pats played a terrible first half.   Any team can and will disappoint.  I don't follow the Pats as a general manager or as a sports writer wannabe for that matter.  I'm just a fan.  

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think what ticks me off the most about TP is that this all started by him slamming TCal because he felt good about the Pats almost coming back to win it.  Well so did I.   And who does he think he is criticsising somebody for how they felt?  Wow!

Then TP says he's sick and tired of getting slammed when he criticises the Pats.  Well this appears to be "The Pot Calling The Kettle Black to me.  If his feathers are so ruffled than don't let the door hit him in the a -----ss on his way out the door.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There defense was probably the best the patriots played all season, but the patriots shot themselves in the foot 4 times, and gave up turnover points.

When they finally got it together they were steamrolling that defense.

What the patriots can't afford to do in the playoffs or SB is beat themselves likethe first 35 minutes of last nights game.

[/QUOTE]

Agree

If the Patriots can come up with a way to play field position and not tutn the ball over while these teams run themsleves out they would be in better shape. Usually the tire out and the PAts start ringing up points in the first half...but this game it took longer cause due to the turnovers the 49rs defense got lots of rest and did not tire until the 3rd qtr.

No turnovers == lopsided pats win. Hope we see these guys in the SB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

In response to dfitzp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A few good things to take from this game. First Brady and Lloyd are finally starting to click, you could see it the last few weeks. When Gronk comes back, opposing defensive coordinators are going to have nightmares stopping this offense. Gronk and Hernandez hardly played together at all this year. It looks like we may be starting to get healthy for the playoffs.

Also the 49ers had 6 fumbles and only lost 1, and multiple times Kappernick bobbled the snap and regained control. They easily could have had 5 or more turnovers. They got extremely lucky in that regard. When the Pats fumbled the ball the niners capitalized. Also that interception by Aldon Smith was a fluke, the ball was perfectly thrown but Hernandez let it go through his hands and bounced around like a pinball.

A bad weather night such as last night favors a defensive minded football team. When I saw the weather forecast I knew the 49ers were loving it. If the weather had been dry last night I think we would be looking at a much different outcome.

I don't think the 49ers would like meeting the Pats in the Superbowl. I think a Patriots team with Gronk would easily win a rematch in better weather conditions. The 49ers played like a team with nothing to lose. They took chances and it payed off. The fake punt on 4th and 9, all the deep passes that were successful, and capitalizing on most turnovers and we still could have won that game.

[/QUOTE]

Right.  Before the game you guys were all calling for rain and snow.  (A), still no run game.  (B) still no D.  (C) still equals losses.

How about I say if Justin Smith isn't injured the entire 2nd half or we don't go prevent OR we don't hand away 3 opportunities in the redzone then you guys get spanked 45-3 by mid 3rd Quarter.

Of course, I wouldn't use excuses.  Up 41-31 with less than 2 minutes, I don't need any.  You guys are by far the most arrogant fanbase in all of pro football.  Guess we weren't "just like the Texans", were we?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[QUOTE]

I think what ticks me off the most about TP is that this all started by him slamming TCal because he felt good about the Pats almost coming back to win it.  Well so did I.   And who does he think he is criticsising somebody for how they felt?  Wow!

Then TP says he's sick and tired of getting slammed when he criticises the Pats.  Well this appears to be "The Pot Calling The Kettle Black to me.  If his feathers are so ruffled than don't let the door hit him in the a -----ss on his way out the door.  

[/QUOTE]

It's a Pats forum!  If you criticise the Pats, expect to get slammed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Idiot...

[/QUOTE]

Calling people names.  Come on man.  I expect that from other posters.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't we peg him for that Indy troll, a few years back, and no one would listen?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Casportsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dfitzp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A few good things to take from this game. First Brady and Lloyd are finally starting to click, you could see it the last few weeks. When Gronk comes back, opposing defensive coordinators are going to have nightmares stopping this offense. Gronk and Hernandez hardly played together at all this year. It looks like we may be starting to get healthy for the playoffs.

Also the 49ers had 6 fumbles and only lost 1, and multiple times Kappernick bobbled the snap and regained control. They easily could have had 5 or more turnovers. They got extremely lucky in that regard. When the Pats fumbled the ball the niners capitalized. Also that interception by Aldon Smith was a fluke, the ball was perfectly thrown but Hernandez let it go through his hands and bounced around like a pinball.

A bad weather night such as last night favors a defensive minded football team. When I saw the weather forecast I knew the 49ers were loving it. If the weather had been dry last night I think we would be looking at a much different outcome.

I don't think the 49ers would like meeting the Pats in the Superbowl. I think a Patriots team with Gronk would easily win a rematch in better weather conditions. The 49ers played like a team with nothing to lose. They took chances and it payed off. The fake punt on 4th and 9, all the deep passes that were successful, and capitalizing on most turnovers and we still could have won that game.

[/QUOTE]

Right.  Before the game you guys were all calling for rain and snow.  (A), still no run game.  (B) still no D.  (C) still equals losses.

How about I say if Justin Smith isn't injured the entire 2nd half or we don't go prevent OR we don't hand away 3 opportunities in the redzone then you guys get spanked 45-3 by mid 3rd Quarter.

Of course, I wouldn't use excuses.  Up 41-31 with less than 2 minutes, I don't need any.  You guys are by far the most arrogant fanbase in all of pro football.  Guess we weren't "just like the Texans", were we?

[/QUOTE]

You go right ahead and gloat tough guy but I bet the majority of your fans were peeing in their pants when Pats came back to tie it.  I could feel the wind in Texas as you let out a collective sigh of relief when the D gave up that easy TD after our #2 corner and Spikes left the game but we won't make excuses either.

But if we do meet again, don't count on those 4 gifts they gave you and you can bet your probably large azz that it won't take TB 40 minutes to figure out your prolific D.  He already has. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

We played our worst game of the year, without GRONK and almost beat the best Defense in the league.  Actually scoring 28 unanswered points at one point when we easily could of rolled like Huston last week.

Yes, Arrington and Special teams let us down in the end but this team needed this. 

We don't lose again this year....Bank it.

[/QUOTE]

u said that before this game...remember?

and giving up 41 points to a rookie with 3 starts under his belt? hmmmm...

[/QUOTE]

41 points isnt good, but when you consider the pats turned the ball over so many damn times, it really wasnt that bad....turnovers and special teams did them in....and arrington.

[/QUOTE]

Look at the starting field position SF had.  Only two of their scoring drives started on their side of field.  The other four all started on the Pats 45 yard line or closer, and two of them started on the 12 yard and 3 yard lines.  Short field all night long for SF due to turnovers.  Their QB had just over 200 yards passing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We played our worst game of the year, without GRONK and almost beat the best Defense in the league.  Actually scoring 28 unanswered points at one point when we easily could of rolled like Huston last week.

Yes, Arrington and Special teams let us down in the end but this team needed this. 

We don't lose again this year....Bank it.

[/QUOTE]

u said that before this game...remember?

and giving up 41 points to a rookie with 3 starts under his belt? hmmmm...

[/QUOTE]

41 points isnt good, but when you consider the pats turned the ball over so many damn times, it really wasnt that bad....turnovers and special teams did them in....and arrington.

[/QUOTE]

Look at the starting field position SF had.  Only two of their scoring drives started on their side of field.  The other four all started on the Pats 45 yard line or closer, and two of them started on the 12 yard and 3 yard lines.  Short field all night long for SF due to turnovers.  Their QB had just over 200 yards passing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[QUOTE]

Didn't we peg him for that Indy troll, a few years back, and no one would listen?

[/QUOTE]

It's totally obvious.  He also used to impersonate a San Diego fan but stopped doing it once he realized they suck.  It's funny, you'd think a guy visiting from another team wouldn't come and go depending on their record.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I think TP is really Bert Breer and he is still upset at having been run out of town!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's a Pats forum!  If you criticise the Pats, expect to get slammed.

[/QUOTE]

+1, what do the expect to here?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would be embarrased if I am SF.  Barring a nice kick off return by James, their D blew a 28 point lead and could have just as easily lost.

I don't think either team played the game they wanted.

[/QUOTE]

Well said

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to ROWDYRODRUST's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My girlfriend is a Giants fan and I'm a Pats fan. Long day yesterday to say the least. That said I expect both teams to make noise in the playoffs. The Pats were terrible yesterday but I feel that they will refocus and be ready come playoff time in a few weeks. The Giants had a terrible game as well and we all know how they respond come playoff time.

[/QUOTE]

Does she post on this forum?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I would be embarrased if I am SF.  Barring a nice kick off return by James, their D blew a 28 point lead and could have just as easily lost.

[/QUOTE]

Well said

[/QUOTE]

Neither team played their A game, but SF shouldn't be embarassed. These were two of the top teams in their conference. 

SF won a game in December where no one has won in 10 years. The D let up a bit it seemed and allowed the Patriots to tie the game up. But that defense was able to turn it up for the two drives after the Patriots tied the game, and got a three and out and a turnover on downs. It was also on a big stage, people weren't sure how Kaepernick would perform on such a stage, I think he passed.

The 49ers shouldn't be embarassed. Winning in Foxborough is never something to be embarassed about.

Patriots shouldn't be embarassed either. Unlike the Texans, the Pats actually fight until the clock hits 00:00

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My girlfriend is a Giants fan and I'm a Pats fan. Long day yesterday to say the least. That said I expect both teams to make noise in the playoffs. The Pats were terrible yesterday but I feel that they will refocus and be ready come playoff time in a few weeks. The Giants had a terrible game as well and we all know how they respond come playoff time.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like she may be jintsfan .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol, you beat me to it sporter81

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

:)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I didn't like the fact that the first half reminded me so much of the two Giants' Super Bowls.  We continue to be forced into one-dimensional play by great front fours. 

[/QUOTE]

Prolate, though you and I seem to rarely agree, you've pretty much nailed it here.  

This and other silly, pie in the sky threads about "how happy" and "how proud" Patriots' fans should be of their team after this performance is absurd. Sure, the Pats were able to erase a 31-3 lead. But, big deal! The Pats' allowed a visiting team to come into Foxborough in an important, nationally televised game, and physically dominate them. Dominate them to the point that, after 2.5 quarters, New England was losing, 31-3. Though the comeback was nice, it was made after the 49ers relaxed a bit, and went into a bit of a prevent mode. It was not based on the Patriots exerting their will, and taking command of the game.

This was a gut check for our Patriots. Unfortunately, as they have in the past against similar teams, such as the 2010 Jets, the 2009 and 2011 Ravens, and the 2007 and 2011 Giants, the Pats wilted under the pounding. They could not exert their will, which is demonstrated by doing whatever is necessary to beat these types of teams. Last night, they wilted again, by failing to execute crisply, and in committing four (4) costly turnovers. 

Sorry you homers, but the Patriots were again exposed for the finesse team that they are...and were embarrassed last night.      

[/QUOTE]

The 2011 Ravens game, you mean the game the Pats won to go to the super bowl. Wow even when the Pats win you whine because it's not a blow out. I'm starting to think Mighty is actually right about you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well said

[/QUOTE]

Neither team played their A game, but SF shouldn't be embarassed. These were two of the top teams in their conference. 

SF won a game in December where no one has won in 10 years. The D let up a bit it seemed and allowed the Patriots to tie the game up. But that defense was able to turn it up for the two drives after the Patriots tied the game, and got a three and out and a turnover on downs. It was also on a big stage, people weren't sure how Kaepernick would perform on such a stage, I think he passed.

The 49ers shouldn't be embarassed. Winning in Foxborough is never something to be embarassed about.

Patriots shouldn't be embarassed either. Unlike the Texans, the Pats actually fight until the clock hits 00:00

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but the best D in football was being tooled for quite some time there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Anyone who watched the game should be more than impressed. THey should be amazed. What Tom Brady did with that offense in just under 15 minutes is one of the most amazing displays of offense in the history of the NFL. ANd they came allll the way back to tie the game.

Was is frustrating to then lose the game? YES. BIG TIME. BIG TIME.

Were special teams world class awful? YES

In spite of the good things the D did do was their play clearly not good enough? YES.

But here are some takeaways:

1. Tom Brady and this offense (even without Gronk) is clearly far and away the best, most dominating offense in this league and they can come back against even the very best D in the league. NO BLUSTER. Truth.

2. Lloyd had been good over the course of the year. This was a super game which highlights the growth between he and Brady. Big realization.

3. For two games Brady has been throwing the long ball with the accuracy he had before his injury in 2008. Two games is only two games but he does look better going deep than he has been. Maybe he is getting his range back.

4. Woodhead IS Mighty Mouse.

5. A good part of those 41 points given up were not earned by the SF offense. Getting the ball deep in opponents territory is not due to the SF offense nor the Pats D. So the point total is not exactly reflective of the quality of our D or their O. Still, it was not a good game overall for the D (just to be clear....).

6. I was unsure of how this team would come ouot of these two games (Houston and SF). Totally dominating Houston put that part to bed. V SF - The way Brady brought this team back and the nature of their problems in the game (all relatively fixable, especially the turnovers and special teams which were the real culprits)  makes me feel like the Pats really do control their own destiny. If they are relatively healthy they will beat any team if the Pats play reasonably up to their ability. THey do not need a better team to make extra mistakes or have a bad game. They dont need to get lucky. A team like the Giants for example need to get lucky and/or better opponents to play badly. THis Pats team is truly the captain of their own destiny. A road win in Denver will be tough. Very tough. But they are the better team. And I believe they are better than any team in the NFC - they are better than SF.

I am HUGELY impressed with Brady and this O. DEADLY. Regardless of how far they go we should all realllllly appreciate what we are seeing. We might see other championship teams but we might not ever see another team as deadly as this one.

Those 28 points were not just points. If you were not blown away by this comeback you should just stop watching.