Re: I feel Good
posted at 12/18/2012 12:38 AM EST
Anyone who watched the game should be more than impressed. THey should be amazed. What Tom Brady did with that offense in just under 15 minutes is one of the most amazing displays of offense in the history of the NFL. ANd they came allll the way back to tie the game.
Was is frustrating to then lose the game? YES. BIG TIME. BIG TIME.
Were special teams world class awful? YES
In spite of the good things the D did do was their play clearly not good enough? YES.
But here are some takeaways:
1. Tom Brady and this offense (even without Gronk) is clearly far and away the best, most dominating offense in this league and they can come back against even the very best D in the league. NO BLUSTER. Truth.
2. Lloyd had been good over the course of the year. This was a super game which highlights the growth between he and Brady. Big realization.
3. For two games Brady has been throwing the long ball with the accuracy he had before his injury in 2008. Two games is only two games but he does look better going deep than he has been. Maybe he is getting his range back.
4. Woodhead IS Mighty Mouse.
5. A good part of those 41 points given up were not earned by the SF offense. Getting the ball deep in opponents territory is not due to the SF offense nor the Pats D. So the point total is not exactly reflective of the quality of our D or their O. Still, it was not a good game overall for the D (just to be clear....).
6. I was unsure of how this team would come ouot of these two games (Houston and SF). Totally dominating Houston put that part to bed. V SF - The way Brady brought this team back and the nature of their problems in the game (all relatively fixable, especially the turnovers and special teams which were the real culprits) makes me feel like the Pats really do control their own destiny. If they are relatively healthy they will beat any team if the Pats play reasonably up to their ability. THey do not need a better team to make extra mistakes or have a bad game. They dont need to get lucky. A team like the Giants for example need to get lucky and/or better opponents to play badly. THis Pats team is truly the captain of their own destiny. A road win in Denver will be tough. Very tough. But they are the better team. And I believe they are better than any team in the NFC - they are better than SF.
I am HUGELY impressed with Brady and this O. DEADLY. Regardless of how far they go we should all realllllly appreciate what we are seeing. We might see other championship teams but we might not ever see another team as deadly as this one.
Those 28 points were not just points. If you were not blown away by this comeback you should just stop watching.