I Feel Really Bad For John Fox and John Elway....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

I Feel Really Bad For John Fox and John Elway....

Tibow is just awful and they are essentially stuck with him for the next couple of years, anyway.  He is absolutley not an NFL Quarterback and as teams begin to scheme for him, he will be just overwhelmed next year.

(PS - a quick note to Tebow's agent:  Get an extension.....NOW)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Re: I Feel Really Bad For John Fox and John Elway....

I think they will be fine.  This is part of the process...and Brady is beyond focused tonight.  sometimes you run into a buzz saw.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I honestly don't think that Tebow is that bad. Yeah, he got creamed tonight, but he strikes me as the sort of player that will use this as motivation to get better. I think he will work on his passing during the offseason and will become more of a dual threat next year. I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I think he has that "it" factor and can be a good QB. He isn't your normal pocket QB so people automatically think he sucks, while some think he is the greatest thing ever. He is somewhere in the middle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i actually think that they're not that good a team and tebow just scr$wed their chances of getting a good pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Dear God:  Please kill anyone who continues to talk about Tim Tebow from this point forward.  He is NOT on our team, and is no longer in the playoffs.  Strike them dead or open up the ground and swallow them up.  You know, some of that old school $h1t you used to do.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Tebow next year will be like the Miami's wildcat in 2009...A gimick that no longer works.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

First can we now put an end to the Tebow talk and secondly I don't feel sorry for any opponent-grow some!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Deion Sanders thinks Tebow needs more weapons, which is true.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: I Feel Really Bad For John Fox and John Elway....:
    [QUOTE]Deion Sanders thinks Tebow needs more weapons, which is true.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

a pass-catching TE would be a great addition, but his receivers were just fine.

Thomas and Eddie Royal and Eric Decker (injured) are a great WR trio

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's a terrible QB, but ESPN and the media made him into a something he's not. They made him into a legendary elite QB and they forced him down our throats, I don't even really hate this guy. In fact, when I thought he got hurt earlier on in the 3rd qt I felt bad for him. 

Tebow belongs on the bench if they're trying to make him into a QB. He's not ready yet, he wasn't ready this year and he won't be ready next year. 

I wish him all the best. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Maybe Tebow is the problem, not the receivers. He will be a backup by lait next year. The guys a nice guy but he's not an NFL legitimate starting QB In Response to Re: I Feel Really Bad For John Fox and John Elway....:
    [QUOTE]Deion Sanders thinks Tebow needs more weapons, which is true.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He needs to learn not to run away from the line of scrimage. He needs to throw more. He needs to learn when to take the sack. I think the throwing issue will be less noticable once he works on mental ascepts of the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Tebow needs a QB who can hand off to him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]Tebow needs a QB who can hand off to him.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

LMAO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]Tebow needs a QB who can hand off to him.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

+1.

That would make Denver a scary team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to I Feel Really Bad For John Fox and John Elway....:
    [QUOTE]Tibow is just awful and they are essentially stuck with him for the next couple of years, anyway.  He is absolutley not an NFL Quarterback and as teams begin to scheme for him, he will be just overwhelmed next year. (PS - a quick note to Tebow's agent:  Get an extension.....NOW)
    Posted by Jaxxon[/QUOTE]

Hi Jaxxon,

I get the feeling that Elway thought Orton was average at best, and if they kept him, they would be a middle of the pack (8-8) type team. I think he thought by playing Tebow he could appease the fans, but end up with a 2-14 season, thereby being in the running for a top draft pick, perhaps even Luck.

I think it totally amazed Elway that the Broncos started winning, and it probably pizzzed him off, because as a football player (not a lame homer fan), Elway knew why they were on a win streak: poor-to-average competition making stupid coaching decisions; a defense that was good enought to contain said poor competition; and a surreal kicker having one of the all-time great seasons. I don't think he ever expected this team to win 9 games, and to create this fascination with Tebow by the way in which they won...last minute heroics.

Now, the Broncos missed the Luck of the draw, and will be drafting as a playoff team, as opposed to a bottom feeder.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I Feel Really Bad For John Fox and John Elway.... : Hi Jaxxon, I get the feeling that Elway thought Orton was average at best, and if they kept him, they would be a middle of the pack (8-8) type team. I think he thought by playing Tebow he could appease the fans, but end up with a 2-14 season, thereby being in the running for a top draft pick, perhaps even Luck. I think it totally amazed Elway that the Broncos started winning, and it probably pizzzed him off, because as a football player (not a lame homer fan), Elway knew why they were on a win streak: poor-to-average competition making stupid coaching decisions; a defense that was good enought to contain said poor competition; and a surreal kicker having one of the all-time great seasons. I don't think he ever expected this team to win 9 games, and to create this fascination with Tebow by the way in which they won...last minute heroics. Now, the Broncos missed the Luck of the draw, and will be drafting as a playoff team, as opposed to a bottom feeder.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]
    I think that you hit it right on the head....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Typical dumb comment from those same types of people who said he couldn't play in HS, college or before he ever took a snap in the NFL.

I thought the graphic they showed during the game of the records of the different playoff QB's through their first 15 starts said it best. Tebow had a better record than most of them.

He's just a baby yet as a NFL QB and people want to write him off. How many years and chances did Alex Smith get out on SF? Man fans are so dumb.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

[QUOTE]Typical dumb comment from those same types of people who said he couldn't play in HS, college or before he ever took a snap in the NFL. I thought the graphic they showed during the game of the records of the different playoff QB's through their first 15 starts said it best. Tebow had a better record than most of them. He's just a baby yet as a NFL QB and people want to write him off. How many years and chances did Alex Smith get out on SF? Man fans are so dumb.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]
    Look at the statistics of teams that see him the second time around.  He is so amazingly easy to scheme against that, unless he can figure out how to stand in the pocket and throw the ball, he isn't going anywhere.

But, good luck to him.

I know that John Elway and John Fox aren't overly excited about next year - they have a lot of work to do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

How can you feel bad for a guy like Elway.  He hid part of his pay back in '97 and '98 so his team could have a payroll over the salary cap.  Broncos were winning Superbowls when they could sign & keep free agents because they were not playing by the same rules as everyone else.  Big cheaters.  Luckily the league fined them and took a draft choice or something.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

How long have you people been watching football?  A couple of seasons?

Go back and look at other QBs that were running/athletes. 

Tebow is just as good as any of them.

Some of them had long careers and even won Super Bowls (Doug Williams for example).

Yes, we are all sick of the hype.  I am completely sick of ESPN talking about Tebow.  And one week they say - he will definitely lose against Pitts.  the next week they say "he may beat NE" - now ESPN is back to he'll never win again.

Don't listen to ESPN.  Go back and look at running QBs and see how they developed out of college.  Look at the history.  Use your brains and stop being so easily manipulated by the media.

Tebow has a decent first year as starter.  he is a running QB who has tons to learn.

He is a decent young QB with a great work ethic.  He will never lead the league in passing.  neither did super bowl winner/mvp Doug Williams.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I only feel sorry for them cause if they bench him in favor of a more traditional QB they'll probably get death threats and be hated by the local fans.

I like elway as much as Ray Lewis so I could care less what happens to them. Fox not so much I always thought he seemed like an ok guy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]How long have you people been watching football?  A couple of seasons? Go back and look at other QBs that were running/athletes.  Tebow is just as good as any of them. Some of them had long careers and even won Super Bowls (Doug Williams for example). Yes, we are all sick of the hype.  I am completely sick of ESPN talking about Tebow.  And one week they say - he will definitely lose against Pitts.  the next week they say "he may beat NE" - now ESPN is back to he'll never win again. Don't listen to ESPN.  Go back and look at running QBs and see how they developed out of college.  Look at the history.  Use your brains and stop being so easily manipulated by the media. Tebow has a decent first year as starter.  he is a running QB who has tons to learn. He is a decent young QB with a great work ethic.  He will never lead the league in passing.  neither did super bowl winner/mvp Doug Williams.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

SG, the guy can run because he is big and strong.  He is a horrible passer.  He has been for years, at every level, and people have made excuses for him and he benefitted from a stacked UF team.  Many who know know they won despite him. 

I do believe he has leadership skills, but a modern NFL QB needs more than good legs and leadership.  He needs to be able to throw a 15-yard rope in a stiff wind. He can't. 

Be real, that was one of the worst NFL QB operformances we have seen in years.  Iconically poor.

Try him at TE or FB and he might find his niche.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Does anyone on this board have an idea of the history of the NFL?

GO BACK and look at the 1983 Denver Broncos.  They were 2 - 3 when they gave a rookie QB named John Elway a chance to start.

Elway led the Broncos on an improbable run that ended up with a 9 - 7 record and a playoff birth.  They turned around and got bounced by Seattle in the first round of the playoffs.

Go back and look at Elway's stats in the 11 games he started:

47.5% completion pct

7 TDs & 14 Interceptions

54.9 QB rating

Those stats are not good.  That is John Elway in his first year when he took a 2 - 3 team and turned it into a playoff team.  Was Elway any good that year?  Was he better than Tebow in comparison?

Maybe Elway was a good leader who rallied the broncos, huh? 

Elway is obviously a better natural passer than tebow - I get it.

But the completre lack of historical knowledge on this patriots board is amazing.

Sections
Shortcuts