I got a bad feeling about the playoffs...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

I got a bad feeling about the playoffs...

Hope Im wrong, but I just keep thinking we are going to see the Pats lay an egg in the playoffs like last year....like Brady throw 3 picks, and D just collapse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Re: I got a bad feeling about the playoffs...

Different teams with a different mindsets.

This year we are peaking into the playoffs......

Don't worry just enjoy.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Nothing that a few beers and a valium won't solve.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

i had a bad feeling about the superbowl against the giants and last years playoff against the ravens. right now my feeling-o-meter is peaked at highly positive. i'm not worried about any team right now though there is still two games left till we learn who the Pats are facing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Last year I had that feeling.  Didn't have alot of confindence going in.  Last years team looked very beatable. 

Not this year.  There just aren't any teams out there that really impress and put the fear into me. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Have no fear, the 4th Lombardi will soon be here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Stupid post...based on how they are playing you have absolutly no reason to feel that way...I feel the complete opposite, I expect a Lombardi!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I got a good feeling. We're a damn good team. We're the best team. Everyone from right now has to play us. In our house till Dallas. We get to rest. could be almost 3 weeks for some players if they don't play sunday. We'll be healthy in the playoffs, teams will fear us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I got a great feeling they're going to win it all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It a lock.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Just remember you could have been born in Ohio and be a fan of the Bengals or Browns. Then your bad feelings would be justified. These are the good old days of Patriot football, so just drink it all in. Savor the moment. This is like the Bill Walsh 49ers era. It won't always be this way. We might have a Mike Singletary era coming some day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

Stupid post.

Can you even imagine how uptight any team coming into Foxboro in the middle of January is going to feel?  Do realize how difficult it will be for ANY of the AFC teams to come to the Razor and play perfect football?

If I have my history correct, the three times the Pats won the Super Bowl they finished with the best record in the AFC.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I have a bad feeling about this thread, LOL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: I got a bad feeling about the playoffs...:
    ... If I have my history correct, the three times the Pats won the Super Bowl they finished with the best record in the AFC.

Posted by Jaxxon

Well, they played the AFCCG in Pittsburgh in '01 and '04, so I don't think so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

I don't have that feeling. But I do have that FEAR. But it is an irrational fear. We all remember the 2003 and 2004 teams as absolute locks and don't feel that way after some heartbreaking years.

But its easy to remember those teams as locks AFTER THEY LOCKED IT UP. I mean, I remember praying for the Broncos to win those wild card games against the Colts. Or feeling that no one could beat 15-1 Pittsburgh. Or that without Ty Law (who wasn't IR'd until the last week or so of the season) that we couldn't win in the playoffs. But those teams wouldn't quit. They played 60 minutes.

So does this team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Just remember it's a rebuilding year.  Remember what your expectations were at the beginning of the season.  Pats have already overacheived.  Everything they do from here is gravy.  Enjoy.
    Posted by Duc749Rider

While this post is technically accurate, I don't agree with it.

Having acheived the #1 seed in the tournament, failing to reach -- and win -- the Super Bowl from this point would be a major disappointment, no matter what the preseason expectations were.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I agree with most here. This is a totally different team than last year, with a much improved offense and a young but up and coming defense. As long as the O can protect the ball and the D limit opponents to points scored and create turnovers, we should be in good shape.

Just think..after this Sunday, there are 2 more games to be played in the dead of winter, on our homefield, between us and the big dance in Dallas, the city in which I currently reside. What could be more beautiful.

BTW...if the Pats make the big dance and anyone travelling down to Big D to see it, I'm hosting a SB party. Look me up when the time is right.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The Pats have two of the most important things working for them.They are peaking at the right time and they are relatively healthy. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

the team is not perfect and there's no guarantee of a sb win...but this team is the best, most well-rounded the pats have been in the last five years. secondly, none of the other teams is perfect. thirdly, bb seems to have a good grasp what the other teams' imperfections are and is able to take advantage. fourth, of the teams that gave them a hard time, bb probably figured things out (example jets). lastly, bb probably learned a lot from the sb loss to the giants and the loss to ravens last year. he's wiser now.

if you have a bad feeling despite that then you'll never feel good abotu any pats team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Win or lose the Pats have a bright future ahead of them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Have no fear, the 4th Lombardi will soon be here.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

m

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to Re: I got a bad feeling about the playoffs... : m
    Posted by jbolted

Jbolt,

Sorry your year ended like that, but on the bright side, you may be getting a real Head Coach soon.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Just remember it's a rebuilding year.  Remember what your expectations were at the beginning of the season.  Pats have already overacheived.  Everything they do from here is gravy.  Enjoy.
    Posted by Duc749Rider

I agree.  Three, four games into the season, the feeling was, "absolutely no way they win the SB especially with this defense."  Now the expectation is SB or bust. 

They're definitely not invincible (they were lucky to beat Green Bay's  backup QB) and anything can happen in the playoffs.  A home playoff loss to the Ravens, Jets, Colts or Steelers would totally s**k.   But I l like their chances.  As a long-time Pats fan, I never thought I see a run like they've had since 2001.  They're in the hunt every single year, we're totally spoiled.

Turn the thread around, you think any other team's fans have a good feeling about their team's chances in a playoff game in Foxboro this year? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"i had a bad feeling about the superbowl against the giants and last years playoff against the ravens"

But you had a GREAT feeling about our first superbowl against the Rams right? Yeah, your feelings are the most accurate possible definition of what is going to happen in the NFL. You and you alone. Those who have a good feeling about this year's playoffs are wrong because for some reason your feelings are wired directly into those of the football gods. 

I hope you at least have a good feeling about the bye week because last year at this time we were playing during the bye week. 

I'll tell you what I feel: I feel that half the teams playing in the bye week are going to lose and narrow the field. I have a very strong feeling about this. 

How about enjoying the ride for a little while? Or do you not feel comfortable on the open sea unless you are puking your guts out in the bowels of the ship?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

" i had a bad feeling about the superbowl against the giants and last years playoff against the ravens" But you had a GREAT feeling about our first superbowl against the Rams right? Yeah, your feelings are the most accurate possible definition of what is going to happen in the NFL. You and you alone. Those who have a good feeling about this year's playoffs are wrong because for some reason your feelings are wired directly into those of the football gods.  I hope you at least have a good feeling about the bye week because last year at this time we were playing during the bye week.  I'll tell you what I feel: I feel that half the teams playing in the bye week are going to lose and narrow the field. I have a very strong feeling about this.  How about enjoying the ride for a little while? Or do you not feel comfortable on the open sea unless you are puking your guts out in the bowels of the ship?
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

If you're going to quote me don't take bits and pieces of it to put what I said out of context. this is what I said-
       I had a bad feeling about the superbowl against the giants and last years playoff against the ravens. right now my feeling-o-meter is peaked at highly positive.
       Since you obviously dont comprehend what I was saying i'll put it in simpler terms for you to understand- Me likey Pats chances in football playoff games this year.

Sections
Shortcuts