I guess Mthurl, TFB and myself arent the only ones wondering

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: I guess Mthurl, TFB and myself arent the only ones wondering

In response to pcmIV's comment:

To follow up on my last post if you are a good team you shouldn't be spending lots of money on "impact free agents".  You should be drafting well enough and retaining your own guys so that you don't have the cap room to do that.  If you have lots of cap room it is either because you have a lot of high priced guys that need to be resigned or your team completely sucks and your roster is half empty.

Consider last offseason.  More money was spent on retaining Gronk, Hernandez and Wes (franchise tag) than anything else.  Those things need to be considered when wondering why we didn't sign some other high priced guys that were out there.

I 100% agree. The core of the problem resulting in last years horrible free agency signings and this years questionable signings is the poor drafts from2007-2009. Those are the players that should be signed, provide depth etc. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

As an aside Rusty, Ed Reeds contract details have not beepu made public yet. We know he most likely signed for 3/$15. I am going to assume he sees about $8-10m of that, closer to $8. 

AWilson signed a contract that if he plays for 2 years will realize about $3.5 million. 

I was not in favor of the Pats signing either safety, just pointing out that Reed is not making $6m per year, andWilson did not sign for $1m

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

As an aside Rusty, Ed Reeds contract details have not beepu made public yet. We know he most likely signed for 3/$15. I am going to assume he sees about $8-10m of that, closer to $8. 

AWilson signed a contract that if he plays for 2 years will realize about $3.5 million. 

I was not in favor of the Pats signing either safety, just pointing out that Reed is not making $6m per year, andWilson did not sign for $1m

You don't want to give facts when arguing with rusty, he doesn't like those things. Do you realize he thinks the score to Super Bowl 46 was 13 to 10? The guy thinks our defense gave up 13 points...he does.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Wow.  He " chicken littled" him.   That's a federal offense, get ya 20.  Equilavent of yelling fire in a movie theater.  

I think other then the draft this season will come down to ufa's and camp cuts. Injurys always come into play.  I like the guys we signed on D   There's a lot of teams that need to hit the ufa market too. That's the salary cap.  At least we have money to pick the better ones. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If the Pat's trade both late round picks to move up in this draft and only come away with three higher pick players, right now looking like a DT and couple receivers, then fill the remainder of their roster with free agents they will earn a B grade or higher and find themselves in Super Bowl contention once again.  

Other teams will continue to cut players right through camp, players you didn't know would be available suddenly will be, players you thought other teams would sign for big bucks will be scrambling to take the best contract offer available... this offseason can't be judged until well after the draft.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

If the Pat's trade both late round picks to move up in this draft and only come away with three higher pick players, right now looking like a DT and couple receivers, then fill the remainder of their roster with free agents they will earn a B grade or higher and find themselves in Super Bowl contention once again.  

Other teams will continue to cut players right through camp, players you didn't know would be available suddenly will be, players you thought other teams would sign for big bucks will be scrambling to take the best contract offer available... this offseason can't be judged until well after the draft.

You said that a lot more eloquently then I did.  Bravo. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

It's too early to tell, but I'm not overly thrilled with what they've done in free agency yet.

Losing Woodhead and signing Washington, to me made the running back spot thin, and when you consider we don't have many draft selections, I can't see us upgrading that third down spot at this point. Vareen will have to be the guy and that's a risk.

Welker was probably the most consistent player on the roster and now he has been replaced with an injury prone player (for the same money). To me this situation came down to it being personal.

Wilson will be 34 next season.

We cut Lloyd and signed Jones...this position can't be anywhere close to a finished product at this point.

We decided not to go after any of the young defensive linemen and pass rushers...to me that was the most surpriseing thing about the whole free agency period so far.

The signing of Talib was smart - just a good deal all around.

I think this free agency period has to be far from over, I expect another shoe to drop because this can't be it...it just can't be. At least I hope not.  

what happened to all of those draft picks Belichick accumulated?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

STUPID POST POLICE NOTICE

This post has been deemed both stupid and apropos of nothing.

All pedestrians, readers and posters are instructed to move along, Nothing to see here.... Move along Ma'am...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

All pedestrians, readers and posters are instructed to move along, Nothing to see here.... Move along Ma'am...

Did not intend to strike a nerve.  I actually thought that over the past few A years Belichick has traded players for picks and was flush with them.

I'll file this away for future reference. 

BTW, how do you feel about the pats paying Amendola more than they offered Welker?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Did not intend to strike a nerve.  I actually thought that over the past few A years Belichick has traded players for picks and was flush with them.

BTW, how do you feel about the pats paying Amendola more than they offered Welker?

Okay UD6, I'll play along.  What exacty is the point of your posts?  Is it a dig that the Pats don't have as many draft picks as usual?  Amendola getting paid more than Welker?  Tell you what, I'll buy what you're selling when, and only when, Indy has a better record than the Pats.  Or, because your beloved man-crush is a Brono - Denver hsa a better record than the Pats.  We'll also see how far those two teams make it in the playoffs (assuming they'll get there and that isn't carved in stone) versus the Pats.  Thing is, your snide little negative snippits may make sense if the two teams you support were actually better than the team you're sniping against.  But, as usual, logic is lost on trolls.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

Okay UD6, I'll play along.  What exacty is the point of your posts?  Is it a dig that the Pats don't have as many draft picks as usual?  Amendola getting paid more than Welker?  Tell you what, I'll buy what you're selling when, and only when, Indy has a better record than the Pats.  Or, because your beloved man-crush is a Brono - Denver hsa a better record than the Pats.  We'll also see how far those two teams make it in the playoffs (assuming they'll get there and that isn't carved in stone) versus the Pats.  Thing is, your snide little negative snippits may make sense if the two teams you support were actually better than the team you're sniping against.  But, as usual, logic is lost on trolls.

another nerve without intention.  Anyway, I've been on record that I think the pats should have and could have kept welker for 1 mill per year more for 2 years than they offered.  I am sure Amendola will be great but not better. 

As for the picks - as I said, I'll file that away. Guess I'll have to pay more attention.  Didn't they recently have a bunch of picks? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

As for the picks - as I said, I'll file that away. Guess I'll have to pay more attention.  Didn't they recently have a bunch of picks? 

They used them and then didn't replenish the stock because they traded up a few times in the last draft instead of trading down.  Not that complicated.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

another nerve without intention.  Anyway, I've been on record that I think the pats should have and could have kept welker for 1 mill per year more for 2 years than they offered.  I am sure Amendola will be great but not better. 

You're a liar - you absolutely tried to "hit a nerve," but you didn't.  I understand you're a useless troll, so there's nothing you could post, regardless of triviality that could "hit a nerve."  And as ususal, you didn't answer the question, and you "being on record" means absolutely squadush - I doubt there's anyone on this board that gives two figs about you "being on record" or "filing that away."  So if you're not going to answer questions, at least come out and admit your intellectual shortcomings render answering questions impossible.  Or you can continue to troll as you have been. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

He did well in his last 3 drafts with them brilliantly bolstering arguably the youngest team in the NFL, one that has played in SBs and AFC title games.

Jealous?

You should be. Your team has holes all over the place and is in full on rebuild mode. Luck will be worse without Arians. 

Your team has a ton of cash to spend, too, and because they're still trying to pay for that stadium and having the economic issues I warned about, they can't compete much in FA>

They have to get to a floor by 2015, so the next 2 offseasons they need to spend. Good luck!

You'll need it.

lmao

huh? 

Try to be coherent.  You are saying the colts have cash but financial troubles due to the stadium and economy so they can't spend on FA?  Forgive me if I have this wrong, but your jibberish is indecipherable. 

And what's this about Arians?  Arians was great.  Great.  But it is also likely given last year's circumstances that he actually didn't give Luck as much attention as he should have.  He needed to run an entire team.  I have a feeling Luck is going to be much better next year. 

So Luck being reunited with his college OC is a negative?  ok.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

You didnt strike a nerve. Not football wise. I read your comment and it was both stupid and not relevant to the thread.

That you like to say things you hope will incite anger or some other negative emotion is no secret. Really. We all see that. Usually I dont respond to your comments when they are as incipid as that. Just every now and then it is easy to poke fun at someone being this lame.

Regarding your question about DA and WW: I think little of the topic. It is more gossip, not football. Who insulted who or who was trying to get back at someone etc. But as for the two players, they are both exceptional. I think DA's skill sets are a better fit because he complements the skills of the players who wil be on the field better than WW did. WW's chemistry with Brady was exceptional and we dont know if that can be reasonably matched. So it is hard to KNOW till things play out. But I get both the skills set and the youth aspect of it. Personally I loved WW but I think this was a reasanably good move. But risky. Not a sure thing. But I think it was a good move.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

LOL - YOU HAVE BEEN ON THE RECORD. Well, stop the presses! Considering your record you ought not to bring it up. I woould think that being stupid is painful. But I dont know. I would have to ask someone like you.

Will you respond? Did someone strike a nerve? Will you ignore pretending a nerve was not struck. Gee, respond or ignore and you still we be just as stupid.

By the way, who do you root for? A team that doesnt like to play out doors in the weather?

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Rusty, I thinl Rkarp, Hurky and UD are the same person. Dont try to reawson withn the trolls!!!!

Rusty-1

Rkarp, Hurly, UD- 0

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

He did well in his last 3 drafts with them brilliantly bolstering arguably the youngest team in the NFL, one that has played in SBs and AFC title games.

Jealous?

You should be. Your team has holes all over the place and is in full on rebuild mode. Luck will be worse without Arians. 

Your team has a ton of cash to spend, too, and because they're still trying to pay for that stadium and having the economic issues I warned about, they can't compete much in FA>

They have to get to a floor by 2015, so the next 2 offseasons they need to spend. Good luck!

You'll need it.

lmao

huh? 

Try to be coherent.  You are saying the colts have cash but financial troubles due to the stadium and economy so they can't spend on FA?  Forgive me if I have this wrong, but your jibberish is indecipherable. 

And what's this about Arians?  Arians was great.  Great.  But it is also likely given last year's circumstances that he actually didn't give Luck as much attention as he should have.  He needed to run an entire team.  I have a feeling Luck is going to be much better next year. 

So Luck being reunited with his college OC is a negative?  ok.  

How is it "jibberish" or "indecipherable" when you just deciphered my supposed "jibberish".

Yes. Cincy, Indy and Miami in the AFC had TONS of cash. Cincy's Mike Brown is notoriously cheap, Miami did what they do when they get desperate every 4 years needing to get fairweather beach going dorks into the stadium, and your team has signed whom?

Donald Thomas? LaRon Landry?

LOL

Your team is in a full on rebuild mode, Panties. Rebuild.  Arians is gone, a new OC will mean  year of bumps for dorky Luck.   Yes, the NFL is not the NCAA, so yes. Luck's Stanford offense won't translate against superior DCs in 2013. It might evolved by 2014, sure.

So, you're on here talking about BB's draft picks after a thoroughly successful rebuild?  Maybe if Bill Polian drafted better into and out of the lockout, you might have a leg to stand on.

And now, with your cheap and fledgling franchise in a new stadium is struggling to spend. How this translates to me lacking being "coherent" is beyond me or anyone here reading this. Those word choices by you are troll deflection tactics.  So obvious. When caught, start using specific words that lawyers use to make it seem like you have leverage.

So, pipe down. Your jealousy is delicious, however.

I'll chalk up my ability to decipher your post to my superior intellect.  Really it was a stab in the dark, because it didn't make any sense. 

How is a team with money in bad shape and not able to sign FA's when they've done that and you've noted as much?  I could care less whether or not you like the choices.  That's immaterial.  You disproved your own point.  Nice job, Einstein. 

Yep, we are a fully rebuilding team starting a new era with new leaders at the helm and in their very first year amidst unprecendented turmoil they went to the playoffs and produced as well on the road against the ravens as your pats did at home.  But of course none of this will translate to the NFL per the guy who makes a point then goes on to disprove it without even realizing it.  Brilliant. 

Russ, take the common advice - its better to have people think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it.