I Guess Sanders Hit Was Clean

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

I Guess Sanders Hit Was Clean

AFC Defensive Player of the Week - I am sure this will only add to the fire in the media. When the hit happened and dirt eatin grin Ward went off the field the announcers were makin a big deal. I saw facemask rub. Not a helmet to helmet. 

It sure seemed like people were assuming fines on this one. Now this!! LOL

It would be perfect if he STILL got fined. That's the way the NFL seems lately....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: I Guess Sanders Hit Was Clean

He'll be fined a small amount.

I'm just glad the Steelers kept a consistent stance when their guy got hit by accident.  Ward got tackled forward, but considering how many tackles he breaks Sanders couldn't assume that Chung was going to bring Ward down by himself.

I also don't think Ward's reputation as a pile-picker helps him any, nor does Polamalu's dirty shenanigans in the pig-pile trying to twist Brady's neck.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

We don't know yet. They mail them a letter. Its the equivalent of a camera at a stop light I guess. You'd think they would have a little more creativity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

That was a bang bang play.  Similar to the hit on Austin Collie by the Eagles a few weeks ago.  Eagle players weren't fined.  Sanders should be cleared of any wrong doing.  Simply a football play.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Even Ward said it was clean.  And he should know, cheap shot artist that he is!  Kidding, Hines Ward is one tough mutha and I'd love to see him on my team any day. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I think Keith Rivers would beg to differ !  lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

if u take this hit out of the game, there wont be a game. it was perfectly fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

It was a clean hit, but how bizarre is it that Sanders was names AFC DPOTW? I mean, Sanders?????? Chungggggggg was the man, even on Sanders' INT!

James Sanders, AFC Defensive Player of the Week...something smells fishy in Denmark.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: I Guess Sanders Hit Was Clean:
    I agree the hit was clean but it was helmet to helmet. I've seen several hits that looked clean but the player was fined because it was helmet to helmet. Maybe I don't totally understand the rule but IMO if the player doesn't launch or leave his feet it should be clean.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Not to worry, Sam . . .

the officials don't understand it, either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Cleaned his clock too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

In Response to Re: I Guess Sanders Hit Was Clean:
    It was a clean hit, but how bizarre is it that Sanders was names AFC DPOTW? I mean, Sanders ?????? Chungggggggg was the man, even on Sanders' INT! James Sanders, AFC Defensive Player of the Week...something smells fishy in Denmark.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

I know! To be honest ...I turned to my wife after the touchdown and said, DAMN why did it have to be him!! Now he is going to think he is good!!

I like him. He is just a 5 out of 10. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

If Pryor got fined for his hit on Favre, I would expect that Sanders will get the FedEx envelope too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

I do not think the same rules of enforcement apply when the defensive player was not the first one to hit the offensive player.  Chung started to tackle Ward and turned Ward sideways, causing Ward's head to drop.  Sanders had almost totally slowed his own momentum and forward progress and was preparing for a legal hit/tackle on Ward.  Since there was no way for Sanders to adjust in a split second, I do believe that is a penalty, worthy of a fine, or an imposed suspension.  Given that at the time the Pats were tackling Ward, he had the ball and was not in a defenseless position, that side of it also would not apply.  Sometimes guys butt heads and it's not a penalty.

Sections
Shortcuts