I guess this is why BB doesn't allow anyone to talk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I guess this is why BB doesn't allow anyone to talk

Cleveland quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains said a text he received from Johnny Manziel on the opening night of the NFL draft last Thursday helped get the ball rolling toward the Browns picking the former Texas A&M star quarterback.

As the minutes passed, and then the hours, Johnny Manziel eventually pleaded with the Browns via text message Thursday, QB coach Dowell Loggains said.
    During a radio interview on "SportsTalk with Bo Mattingly" on ESPN Arkansas 96.3, Loggains said that as Manziel slid down the draft board, he sent him a text that read: "I wish you guys would come get me. Hurry up and draft me because I want to wreck this league together."

Added Loggains: "When I got that text, I forwarded it to the owner (Jimmy Haslam) and to the head coach (Mike Pettine). I'm like, 'This guy wants to be here. He wants to be part of it.' As soon as that happened, Mr. Haslam said, 'Pull the trigger. We're trading up to go get this guy.'"

The Browns eventually traded up from No. 26 to No. 22, sending the Philadelphia Eagles a third-round pick as well to select the former Heisman Trophy winner.

Loggains said the Browns actually tried to move up to No. 11 with the Titans and No. 16 with the Cowboys in the draft.

It's not a reach to say most NFL teams avoided distractions and stuck to their boards in the 2014 draft

"Mr. Haslam and Coach Pettine had called me down to the draft room a couple of times throughout the night, and we had almost made trades with Tennessee and Dallas and backed out,'' he said in the radio interview. " ... We were sitting there, and Coach Pettine keeps texting me, and we're going back and forth and we're going, 'Hey does Dallas take him here? No they won't. Does St. Louis take him at 13?' We knew we had to get in front of the Chiefs (at No. 23) because we knew they would draft him.''

Loggains also said in the interview that Haslam was very high on Manziel, who was the top quarterback on the team's draft board.

"It was Manziel and then everybody else"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Re: I guess this is why BB doesn't allow anyone to talk

I don't see the connection.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Belichick would contract into a singularity before exploding and destroying the whole eastern seaboard if this much info ever came out about the Pats.

Information IS power. Belichick tries to control the flow of information, thereby seizing all power.

The NFL is just step 1...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Makes you wonder who is controlling the franchise: Haslam or Manziel?

If this interchange is true, the Browns have deep problems.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

there is no connection...but could you ever see anyone in the Pats org saying that they tried to trade up, back, in or out in this draft...and name teams and names?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

and thats why the browns are the browns. meanwhile it seems like the coaches knew josh gordon was getting suspended but the guys making the picks didnt, at least on the first day. then they refused to draft a WR so they could come away and say they stuck to their board. even when a team like the patriots with relatively few holes to fill sticks with their best player available mentality people go nuts! but the browns cant afford to do that. so now manziel will get to throw the ball to the corpse of miles austin. lucky him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

Indeed so and on multiple levels. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How insecure is that club, that a little flattery makes them pull the trigger like that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

I don't think it's a big deal at all; considering the information came out after the draft was over and done with - it's not like it will tell anyone what Cleveland's strategy was/is/or will be in the future.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How insecure is that club, that a little flattery makes them pull the trigger like that?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I had a similar thought. I'm SURE Manziel ONLY sent that text to the Browns. That's reasonable to believe, right?

And Commie...I think you tried to insult me. I tried running your post through google to translate it, and I referred to the urban dictionary as well but came up with nothing. So...uhhhhhh....YO MAMA!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lmao... I still don't really see the connection with Belichick, but this is the issue that cracked me up too.

...It's the Sandy Duncan of, "He LIKES us, he really likes Us(!)", from Manziel to the hilariously smitten entirety of the Cleveland Browns coaches, owners and front office.  Sheez...  In other news, earlier in the draft a buddy of Manziel's sent a text reading:  "My friend like totally thinks that your franchise is just Sooo hot, and it's like they can't even stop talkin a-bout youuu, Evvv-rrrr. Cleveland-You should like totally buy something for JM just ta show that YOU think JM is totally hot too 'cause it's like Allll day jm's like, 'Cleveland this and Cleveland that- an I wonder if Cleveland's thinkin-bout me for the spring dance...

IF I wwas this guy named Cleveland, reality would be dawning on me, and I'd probably wanna blow my brains out. 

Dear The Browns:

...try to get back a little self-respect.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Lmao... I still don't really see the connection with Belichick, but this is the issue that cracked me up too.

...It's the Sandy Duncan of, "He LIKES us, he really likes Us(!)", from Manziel to the hilariously smitten entirety of the Cleveland Browns coaches, owners and front office.  Sheez...  In other news, earlier in the draft a buddy of Manziel's sent a text reading:  "My friend like totally thinks that your franchise is just Sooo hot, and it's like they can't even stop talkin a-bout youuu, Evvv-rrrr. Cleveland-You should like totally buy something for JM just ta show that YOU think JM is totally hot too 'cause it's like Allll day jm's like, 'Cleveland this and Cleveland that- an I wonder if Cleveland's thinkin-bout me for the spring dance- An what--everrrr, Is like do whateverTH you want, but it's like jm is ALL about you...

IF I was this guy named Cleveland, reality would be dawning on me, and I'd probably wanna blow my brains out. 

Dear The Browns:

...try to get back a little self-respect.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Cleveland quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains said a text he received from Johnny Manziel on the opening night of the NFL draft last Thursday helped get the ball rolling toward the Browns picking the former Texas A&M star quarterback. Loggains said that as Manziel slid down the draft board, he sent him a text that read: "I wish you guys would come get me. Hurry up and draft me because I want to wreck this league together.'"

To which Loggains responded back: "O.k., but only If you say we don't have a big bvtt an' you think it's cute."

Oh, no...my bad lmao, that's what something a little more self-respecting than those whom actually own and operate the Cleveland browns, would've said.  hahahaha- and... wow. 

How many draft selections ahead should we jump Manziel...just TELL us And We'll Do It!!!!  Thank god there wasn't a 2nd text...Cleveland mighta fainted en route to the podium.

Sections
Shortcuts