I hate it when the refs decide the outcome of a game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Re: I hate it when the refs decide the outcome of a game.

"PI is a joke...as are the hitting the QB low penalties. Brett Farve was hit low when he injured his ankle, but no call. What do you think would have happened if Peyton Manning was submarined in a similar fashion?"

You mean, "what do you think would have happened if TOM BRADY was submarined in a similar fashion?"  He's the one who gets those bogus calls, not Peyton.  After all, a QB who's missed one snap from injury in twelve years doesn't need extra protection, but ole fragile Tom has to be protected.

Seriously, though, it was sad how the OT turned out.  The PI call had no contact whatsoever.  Very bogus call.  The catch to make it more reasonable FG range didn't seem to be a catch, but I couldn't have overturned it fron the replay booth either.  You didn't see the ball conclusively hit the ground.  There was always the possibility that the Saints would have won without those calls, but we'll never know...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

LOL - LOVE the Colt fans response in ADMITTING the PI in the SAINTS/VIKES game was a joke.. But we well know if that same call was in the DOLT game it would have been legit in her eyes. I didnt watch the dolt game, but got a text about a joke of a PI call on the Jets...But I suppose that was a proper call Dolt fan????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

It was a poorly officiated game right through. The saints got the benefit of the home field advantage but the Vikes should have had that game finished off by the end of the 3rd quarter. I'm just glad I don't have to listen to the glorification of Favre for 2 more weeks and hopefully we've seen the last of his tear ridden press conferences.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

The refs decide another one.  Absolutely sickening.  The PI call was totally bogus.  If I were a Minnesota fan, I'd be feeling this one big time.  This comes from a die-hard Pats fan, who could care less who won that game.  Totally unbiased.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

all and all it was a good game.and the vikes should have blown the saints away.but there mistakes killed them,and favre not running for 10 or 15 yrds,but chose to throw it and have it intercepted.more the reason the saints didnt need any extra help or insurance from the officials.they should have a challenge flag for bad calls.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: I hate it when the refs decide the outcome of a game.:
    all and all it was a good game.and the vikes should have blown the saints away.but there mistakes killed them,and favre not running for 10 or 15 yrds,but chose to throw it and have it intercepted.more the reason the saints didnt need any extra help or insurance from the officials.they should have a challenge flag for bad calls.
    Posted by mosseffect43

That's actually a pretty good idea Moss. I think you should be able to challenge one Bad penalty call a game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Actually "Julia" Tom Brady would not have gotten the call either. Horse face DEFINITELY would have gotten the call. The difference in the two games is that the NFL is happy with either NFC contender in the NFCCG. The ratings will be great either way in the NFC. The AFCCG however was a different story. Goober's team has been anointed the winner from about week five and everything has fallen into place for your fraud team to roll into another easy Lombardi. NOBODY told the JESTS that however, did you see REXY blow his top when your boys flattened SANCHIZE???? Could you read his lips??? BS!!!!!BS!!!! BS!!!!! Call them BOTH ways!!!! Rexy was a sucker...the fix was already in!  NOW the NFL has to decide which "golden team" gets the prize this year??? Goober or a flawed, but lovable losers like the Saints!!!! The fix was in for "Favor" but he couldn't resist throwing an INT across the middle of the field...he screwed up the script of having horse face against old man river. Heck, you could tell what the script was by how many goober and Favor commercials there were during BOTH GAMES. Didn't see any commercials with SANCHIZE or Drew Brees...did you? Didn't think so. Dolts will win on a bogus PI call or roughing of Goober in the fourth quarter. NOW....who wins the new NFL/WWE...next season???????????????  Is the script in yet????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Been abducted by any UFOs recently, PoosieBliss?  Any of your other conspiracy theories come true yet?  lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

The PI call was questionable if the refs can call it as uncatchable. Is that rule still in effect, or has it been scuttled? The defender did not help considering he never looked for the ball. He had no idea it was uncatchable. If he tried to make a play on the ball it would change things considerably, but maybe not how the refs called it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

"LOL - LOVE the Colt fans response in ADMITTING the PI in the SAINTS/VIKES game was a joke.. But we well know if that same call was in the DOLT game it would have been legit in her eyes. I didnt watch the dolt game, but got a text about a joke of a PI call on the Jets...But I suppose that was a proper call Dolt fan????"

I'll admit a bad call when I see one.  Unfortunately, Pat fans are biased the other way, so they're certain that every PI call that the Colts benefit from is bogus.  The fans on this site are very convinced of this notion.  In reality, all the "phantom PI" calls you complain about the Colts getting that I've seen have WAAAYYYY more of a basis for the call than this.  We're usually arguing over whether the contact was incidental or not.  The one in the OT of the NO/Minn. game had no contact at all.  As for the one in the Colt/Jet game...I don't remember a PI call, but you may be referring to the defensive holding call on Collie.  As always, it was hard to tell with the one angle they showed, but the announcers seemed to agree that the defender grabbed Collie to slow him down on the double move...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"You mean, "what do you think would have happened if TOM BRADY was submarined in a similar fashion?"  He's the one who gets those bogus calls, not Peyton."

~Sorry ALL, But Jules actually has me convinced on this one, So I'm kinda thinkin' about changin' my lifelong diehard allegiance from The Pats to The Colts in today's new-NFL, less-heartache with great (almost hollywood-esque) endings, complete and total believability in the system...any way you cut-it these sound like good times.  Also, Patriot Fans are just nutty conspiracists who whine unendingly just because the colts, I mean MY colts-run like a well oiled machine (for a decade..possibly forever)-the infrastructure's simply too good to be gummed up by player, personell, and league changes...

Alas, You really DO have to see the partiality of some ridiculous Patriot Fans who complain about good, mistake free high-octane football which backs opponents into a position that makes mistakes (but again the colt's don't, and I'm stickin' to that "Infrastructure Theory" to ambiguously conclude that rather minor tid-bit...ya know-wide casting nets are impractical but see, they must be able to feed alot more people), AND YET-while whinin' about the colts (my colts), The Patriot Fans somehow overlook the numerous, simply ridiculous numbers of game-changing Penalties (read-an amount way way above 1 but, a number or two below 4 in a year) which their team's awarded when Brady gets a tiny, grazzing infantile hit...rose-colored glasses my former friends and colleagues to say the least...

~In the end, the only thing I'll really need are more clothes in blue, which I'll now dub "True Blue", a reference which I'm not ashamed of any longer...as Madonna songs are now to be celebrated and enjoyed.  A shot of bourbon (which I'll subsequently shift to a more cosmopolitan, Boone's Farm Strawberry Wine) and a simple and easily taken daily anti-nauseam tablet is the only thing left needed to complete my metamorphosis, an obvious counter to seeing my future hof QB equally hock mouthguards, old spice, and mufflers 24 hours a day on most channels YET a small price for dominance...Got Pepcid Anyone?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: I hate it when the refs decide the outcome of a game.:
    ...But, with Bill Polian in charge of the Rules Committee, don't expect changes any time soon. 
    Posted by TexasPat3

TP, this is a belief frequently posted on this forum but not true.  The NFL Competition Committee has 2 Co-Chairs; Rick McKay of the Falcons and Jeff Fisher of the Titans.  Polian is just a regular member.  Furthermore, before we believe that membership in the committee leads to the refs being on your side, consider that one of the co-chairs, Jeff Fisher, also complains:

Titans coach gives refs some blame for loss to Colts

By indystar on December 08, 2009

Titans head coach Jeff Fisher grew glum Sunday during Tennessee's 27-17 loss to the Colts.(MATT KRYGER)

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher is angry.

He's angry because he thinks officials made a number of calls "incorrectly" or not at all in Sunday's 27-17 loss to the Colts, and because his players contributed to the defeat with a handful of mistakes.

But he's not giving up hope on the season. With four games left, the Titans (5-7) trail five teams in the race for the final AFC wild card spot.

Bob's '2-Minute Blitz': See who Star columnist Bob Kravitz thinks should win NFL coach of the year honors.

"Realistically most of it is out of our control, but we need to win out," Fisher said. "This last month in the NFL may be one of the more exciting months we've had in recent months as far as people still having opportunities to get in. But our focus is on winning the next game.''

The Titans made it hard on themselves with a 0-6 start. Then, after a five-game winning streak, came the mistakes against the Colts.

Nate Washington dropped a sure touchdown pass. The Titans turned the ball over twice. They couldn't stop the Colts on third down. Defensive tackle Tony Brown committed an inexcusable unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that led to a field goal.

Officials made things even tougher on the Titans, according to Fisher. He said receiver Kenny Britt was interfered with in the end zone on a fourth down and Washington was held on a play that would have resulted in a first-and-goal. He questioned a holding call against guard Eugene Amano on second-and-goal at the 1.

"I am not sitting here pointing a finger at things that were called and not called,'' Fisher said. "I will say I was very disappointed in a number of things that were called incorrectly or not called. But we have to overcome those.''

Next up for the Titans are home games against St. Louis (1-11); Miami (6-6); San Diego (9-3); and the finale at Seattle (5-7).

"We can't control what other teams do. We can only control what we do,'' cornerback Cortland Finnegan said. "If we take it one game at a time and run the table then we'll look back and see what we've got.''

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I was actually surprized at the LACK of calls in the AFCCG! I would have thought the Colts would get quite a few PI calls against Revis. But the Colts didn't need them in this game. I do think they blew it on the no-call on that hit on Sanchez. Rex had every right to be pissed! The ball was long gone and the guy decked him big time. Unless they make personal fouls and PI calls reviewable it will always be inconsistent. When they know nobody can second guess them the refs will call what they think they see. I'm not totally faulting them, though. Being on the field they have a lot more distractions than we (or the commentators) do looking at the play from above. All the more reason these critical calls should be reviewed. If they can delay the game to move the spot two inches they surely can take a second look at a penalty which would give a team a first and goal or a 50 yard gain based on interpretation! But as for the NFCCG, while the Saints did get a few lucky breaks, the Vikings lost that game by their five turnovers. They should have won by 2 TDs at least! We'll really see how many calls Peyton gets in Miami. The Saints will be gunning for him just like they did to Favre.

Sections
Shortcuts