I Hate To Be Here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mybologna2. Show mybologna2's posts

Re: I Hate To Be Here

In Response to Re: I Hate To Be Here:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I Hate To Be Here : The answer is clear Rusty.  Bill Belichick and Tom Brady don't know half as much about football as you do.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]
    You know crusty is right just because you get to the top doesnt mean your always right or your not starting to lose it,just saying.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]lol ^^ You're an isecure little girl, NEgame. If you can't handle the talk with the big boys, then don't comment. Stick to the motorcyles and hair metal or whatever it is you're into. Either be honest or walk away. Case closed.  I knew somemone would answer  like that, but it proves what I've been saying all year. Don't blame me, blame #12 who is the lead gameplanner for this offense. Blame BB who didn't see that 40+ passes is a loss. When you see BB and Brady on BB: A Life in FOotball or whatever it was in 2009 sititng in a room without Bill O'Brien adding plays to the playbook, that proves Bill O'Brien really was never a guy with full automony here and that's a problem. Either some of you have never worked for a legit company or aren't getting it, but a streamlined management system has to be there. If it's not, this kind of a hiccup can happen. Brady never really respected O'Brien and O'Brien felt like he had to conceded to what Brady wanted. You might as well had Mighty, Prolate or ZBellino standing there calling plays last night v.s. paying Bill O'Brien to be a moron/not take the reins as OC and run the football. This isn't fantasy football. This is really football. Who knows maybe McDaniels sitting there watching  this will be smart and make the necessary changes with full autonomy to rescue this fanbase for literally tossing away SBs. They tosseed em away in 2006, 2007 and 2011. Tossed em away. In each season, offensive strategy bottomed out.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

This should be typed as a letter and sent to Gillette.  

Rusty, you and I have been 97% in agreement.  

It is like a zombie horror movie.  You watch the blond beauty about to unlock the back door to escape the zombies that are fruitlessly clawing away at the front door.  She opens it and sees a bunch of zombies heading toward the door.  But instead of closing and locking that back door, she leaves it open and runs screaming to the front door and opens it, falling right into the hands of the front-door-zombies.  Everybody sees it except for the blondie, and the movie makers know this drives viewers crazy, but it hooks the viewer, they also know.  Brady and BB are the blondie.  

The opposing defenses are the zombies.  The closed doors are the Pats running game.  The open doors are the over-relinace on the passing game, especially the go-for-broke Hail Mary as a kill shot.  

So obvious.  So frustrating.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Giants were more lucky than good in the playoffs.  This 49er fan(45 years in SF) and 1st 21 in Maine so a Boston team fan first needs to vent.  NY beats Green Bay and Rodgers said that the loss of a son by a coach affected him and many players deeply---was this an excuse on his part that GB played poorly ? Maybe and Maybe not !  But I was at the SF game and a fluke bounce hitting the receiver's knee by 1/2 inch gives NY the ball at 20 yd line & they score a TD. There were other breaks…Bradshaw stripped of the ball while upright causing a fumble at NY 20 yard line but refs called play stopped “In The Grasp” and couldn’t be challenged.  On 2 occasions there were 2 not 1 SF defenders knocking down a pass but also colliding preventing interceptions.  The same receiver who had the ball nick his knee---he was a replacement for 49er regular kick off return man, Ted Ginn, who was hurt---in OT fumbles and gives NY a gift wrapped win with a 20 yd field goal in OT. Manning was hit 21 times and sacked 6 times. NY needed to punt 10 times in 2nd half and only scored their 10 points on a TD from the fluke bounce ball & a field goal in OT from the fumble. If the Giant fans did not admit they were lucky to win that game they are not true football fans !!!

The first drive by Giants resulting in a safety giving them 2 pts was the first step toward gifts to NY. On the next drive the Pats’ defense results in a fumble at about the 10 yd line I think and they recover but had 12 men on the field. NY then went on to score and led 9 to 0. The Pats then go on to score 17 points in a row.  And in that same period they caused 2 NY fumbles and as luck would have it, the Giants recovered both times. Then Gronkowski, supposedly hampered with his ankle, still outran a Giant defender but in front of him at 6’6” might have caught Brady’s interception. Watch the replay, the defender also waves off Gronk with right arm, slight yes, but still could have been called for interference. Then, of course, the dropped passes by Welker & Hernandez which were claimed to not be on target still should have been caught. These would have continued to give the Pats possession. I don’t have stats but NY had to have had the ball 1 1/2 times as long in the game as we did and I believe on their last drive our defense was fatigued.  Also, Brady made 16 passes in a row surpassing Montana’s SB record of 13. With NE ahead 17-9, it’s still only a 1 score game needing a 2 pt conversion.  We tried to kill the clock running the ball and needing to pass on 3rd down.  We do not have the backs to sustain running play 1st down drives. We needed to continue to pass…short 5 yarders perhaps as Brady was under constant pressure and I know this this not run the clock down but keeping possession by passes does. If we had more than an 8 point lead, yup, perhaps run the ball twice in a possession.

As opposed to the 49ers, the Pats did not pressure Manning as much. On the last possession from the 12 yd line the miracle acrobatic pass to Manningham was excruciating as I saw while refs still did not confirm the play that he was in bounds. Incredible that Welker & Hernandez drop much easier balls and this guy was able to stay in bounds and hold on to the ball as he was hit pretty hard too---skill in Mannings throw & the catch too but still very lucky !!!

Anyway, during the week Brady was compared to Joe Montana. Joe was his childhood hero and he watched him practice in 49ers training grounds in Santa Clara, Ca. I believe Joe always praised Brady as opposed to some comments people felt he didn’t.  But Montana’s real claim to fame was his ability to produce a winning drive with under 2 minutes. Brady had a chance to do so but it was Manning, ala Montana, who executed the 88 yard clock killing drive.

Giants were good but, I reiterate, lucky too. But there is a feeling in sports that good players are lucky.

Amen

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hate To Be Here : Russ, I disagree.  the giants have more of a vertical game than a short passing game with YAC as a key element like the Pats.  The pats d did an excellent job taking away Cruz.  The pats also got away with a couple of non-PI calls that easily could have been called. Nicks was excellent with 10 catches and over 100 yds receiving.  Cruz caught a TD, and Manningham had a key catch.  Really, the giants d did a great job limiting the pats YAC which has always been important to them.  Further, and Brady is to blame for this, he's become too focused on particular receivers.  I think that hurt him in this game with Gronkowski hobbled.  That said, Belichick had an option to play another receiver other than Gronkowski.  Maybe he shouldn't have cut the receiver saturday night.  That's on Belichick.  Further, the large number of throws really isn't an issue.  NYG threw 40 times.  They ran more, but they also controlled the clock more.  They got yardage from their RB's when they needed it.  BTW - did you see Gisele doing Tom's dirty work for him?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

The other guy made a great point, The giants punter was awesome.  Constantly  backing up the PAtriots.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hate To Be Here : This should be typed as a letter and sent to Gillette.   Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

You and Rusty could even enclose your resumes just in case Kraft wants to hire some real football minds to replace the two mindless "blondies" that wander around the sidelines now. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hate To Be Here : The other guy made a great point, The giants punter was awesome.  Constantly  backing up the PAtriots.
    Posted by Benkarkis[/QUOTE]

The punter was great, but the giants o and the pats d had a hand in this.  It wasn't as if the punter was booming 60 yard kicks.  Didn't the giants punt like 3 time from inside the pats 50?  Given the short field he simply needed to control his balls and the coverage guys were able to get to the ball in an attempt to keep it out of the endzone. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Let's be honest with ourselves here. We were handed the AFC championship game and were pretty lucky to even be there.  Our DBs have been awful all year and were again yesterday, that falls on the GM for filling the roster with garbage.  We spent the first half of the year saying how bad a QB Eli is and look what he's done to us, AGAIN.  We can't expect Brady to put up 30 points against a D that really came together at the end of the season with his receivers dropping passes left and right.  We don't have the running game to ground and pound and we needed to play a perfect game, which I'm pretty sure, we did not.  So, like 31 other teams in the NFL we didn't win the superbowl.  On the bright side, we still have Ocho next year.
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

Expecting the O to put up a lot of points with Brady's #1 weapon hurt is unrealistic. The O is very thin at the skill positions after Brady Gronk Wes and Hernandez. Still, we had the win with a stop by the D at the end. We just have not seen clutch D for a long long time around here.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

When they showed the play from behind Brady, it was clear he had no business throwing that ball to Gronk.On third down, maybe, serving as a punt if intercepted.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I Hate To Be Here : He did nothing to win that game? Did you not see the perfect sideline fly pattern pass he through to start the last drive? It was a perfect pass, a perfect catch and 1st and ten at the 50. Game winning drive is finished - end of game. You are right, not impressive at all.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]
    Jessey, don't do it. Now Crusty will be committed to make your ears bleed. You do have an option: the ignore button.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

The Patriots should never even been in the Superbowl. They coasted into the playoffs beating the worst teams in the league. Then they beat the worst playoff team in history, followed up by a game they actually lost but somehow were given a win by the refs, topped with a gifted FG miss. So be thankful you were lucky enough to even see your team get beaten by the world champs yesterday.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hate To Be Here : Doggie doo is being an agenda driven turd at this juncture. I have to put him on ignore again. He is insufferable when he gets this anal.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
    Anal? I think Crusty and his partner have driven that highway before. Ha!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I agree with most of the OP but nothing here helps today.  Tough loss but its one game.  Yeah, I know, THE BIG ONE but in reality, we played and lost to this team earlier in the year and it was no Super Bowl, that's just what they call the last game of the year.

Why don't the PATS run the ball? I have no idea.

Upgrade needed at WR for sure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Dear God:  If you let me watch the Patriots again next year, I PROMISE I won't take it so seriously this time.  Oh, and can you tell the press Tebow is just another guy?  It's getting irritating.  Thanks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In Response to I Hate To Be Here:
    [QUOTE]But, here is really no other way to do it.  41 pass attempts by Brady, no BJGE as lead back, a moronic INT by Brady with control of the game, and then just missed opportunities on offense with the Welker drop on 3rd and 11 the ballgame. They literally giftwrapped the game.  I don't mind losing to a better team, but that's not what this was about. This about two teams ebvenly matched, with one literally refusing to do things to seal the deal on offense.  They were lucky to escape froom Brady's poor AFC Championship game and to see it basically manifest itself again? What do they do all week in practice and why do they continue to act like they're ready when they refuse to run the ball? Their only TD drive was in a hurry up in the first half.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

You could not be more wrong. The Giants were a better team that is why they won. The only time the Patriots offense did anything was the hurry up (that was both of their scores). How would they get better doing it less? The did design the team to run the ball and slowly move the ball up the field.

I agree that the Patriots game plan was awful. They had two weeks to know that Gronk would not be 100%. They new what the Giant would try to do and they still could not stop them consistenly on defense (especially in the second half when the Giants scored on 3 of 4 possesions) and they could not run the offense consistently minus the two drives.

The Giants were the better team because they made catches and passes when it matter. The mixed up the run and pass and used both effectively. The Patriots were dominated in the second half (especially after the first drive). Look at the stats. The Giants played better, harder, wanted it more and made fewer mistakes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I Hate To Be Here : Queenie, I did no gloating and left a nice message for ur pats fans brethren here and all was good, except for one or two jerks and a cranky old man. But you? u deserve nothing of the sort. You are garbage, a blowhard who thinks he knows everything, a sore loser who whines and makes excuses and spins things and states it all as "fact" LOL LOL LOL...and a sore winner to boot. Your sour grapes bu******t has gotten old and thats all it is: B*****t. Your pats lost, Queenie-AGAIN-to the Jinst when it counted. That's now 3 in row, and every time we did it the same way and every time an imbecilic egghead like you pulls the same crap about luck, and giftwrapping and how the pats were better and got screwed by goodell and the league and the refs an santa claus. It's been a GREAT PLEASURE having my Jints stick it up your *** AGAIN, by holding the unstoppable offense to 14, 20 and 17. Eli is as of now the most clutch and yes -BEST-4th quarter QB in football and the numbers and results-including both SB's-bears this out. You are he worst Pats fan there is Queenie you have zero class and making u cry feels good. REAL GOOD. Enjoy the CHAMPIONSHIP PARADE on tv tomorrow and have a wonderful off-season....idiot. SORRY to all the classy and fair pats fans I have heard from the past 24 hrs to have to say this but this ******** DESERVED it
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

****Yawn****** whatever.  next year you will lose the division to the eagles and sit home again.  Every 4 years you get lucky and get into it.  I guess if you win it every time, that is o.k.  BUT if there is any lesson I have been taught the hard way, it's this:  enjoy it, but understand it doesn't last.  And winning makes people hate you really fast.  Me?  I already hated you, so no loss.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

The fact that this clown "isn't impressed by Eli" says everything you need to know. Eli was better than Brady last night and in every game they've faced each other. So I guess Brady sucks, end of story.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]When they showed the play from behind Brady, it was clear he had no business throwing that ball to Gronk.On third down, maybe, serving as a punt if intercepted.
    Posted by JohnTAlouette[/QUOTE]

actually, underthrowing a gimpy gronk was pretty incredible. he clearly as the arm if you look at his last hail mary.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I Hate To Be Here : Queenie, I did no gloating and left a nice message for ur pats fans brethren here and all was good, except for one or two jerks and a cranky old man. But you? u deserve nothing of the sort. You are garbage, a blowhard who thinks he knows everything, a sore loser who whines and makes excuses and spins things and states it all as "fact" LOL LOL LOL...and a sore winner to boot. Your sour grapes bu******t has gotten old and thats all it is: B*****t. Your pats lost, Queenie-AGAIN-to the Jinst when it counted. That's now 3 in row, and every time we did it the same way and every time an imbecilic egghead like you pulls the same crap about luck, and giftwrapping and how the pats were better and got screwed by goodell and the league and the refs an santa claus. It's been a GREAT PLEASURE having my Jints stick it up your *** AGAIN, by holding the unstoppable offense to 14, 20 and 17. Eli is as of now the most clutch and yes -BEST-4th quarter QB in football and the numbers and results-including both SB's-bears this out. You are he worst Pats fan there is Queenie you have zero class and making u cry feels good. REAL GOOD. Enjoy the CHAMPIONSHIP PARADE on tv tomorrow and have a wonderful off-season....idiot. SORRY to all the classy and fair pats fans I have heard from the past 24 hrs to have to say this but this ******** DESERVED it
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Based on your considerable history of trolling, your mere presence is gloating. Couldn't find any Giants fans to celebrate with, I guess.

But here you are, back to your true colors. Not too predictable.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with most of the OP but nothing here helps today.  Tough loss but its one game.  Yeah, I know, THE BIG ONE but in reality, we played and lost to this team earlier in the year and it was no Super Bowl, that's just what they call the last game of the year. Why don't the PATS run the ball? I have no idea. Upgrade needed at WR for sure.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

I except they will run more in the next season.