I Hate To Be Here

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: I Hate To Be Here

In Response to Re: I Hate To Be Here:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hate To Be Here : Russ, I disagree.  the giants have more of a vertical game than a short passing game with YAC as a key element like the Pats.  The pats d did an excellent job taking away Cruz.  The pats also got away with a couple of non-PI calls that easily could have been called. Nicks was excellent with 10 catches and over 100 yds receiving.  Cruz caught a TD, and Manningham had a key catch.  Really, the giants d did a great job limiting the pats YAC which has always been important to them.  Further, and Brady is to blame for this, he's become too focused on particular receivers.  I think that hurt him in this game with Gronkowski hobbled.  That said, Belichick had an option to play another receiver other than Gronkowski.  Maybe he shouldn't have cut the receiver saturday night.  That's on Belichick.  Further, the large number of throws really isn't an issue.  NYG threw 40 times.  They ran more, but they also controlled the clock more.  They got yardage from their RB's when they needed it.  BTW - did you see Gisele doing Tom's dirty work for him?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

This is all nonsense and stupidity. You're ignored.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Sorry Russ - there were two non-calls for the Pats where the defender had the receiver hooked prior to the ball reaching the receiver.  And the holding call on Boothe was BS.  Had that not been called, the game may have been over in the first half if NYG gets that 1st down and then goes on to score disallowing Brady enough time to counter at the end of the first half. 

The officials were on the pats side in this game.  I'll accept that you won't agree, but EVERYONE at the party I was at saw these three things.  Further, there was an end around/reverse by the pats where a receiver did the exact same thing Boothe did.  No call.  Pats got a big gain. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hate To Be Here : Not that it had anything to do with why they lost, but I agree that wasn't a Safety. He was stepping into a throw deep, released it, and then was hit.  There is no way you can call that since it's never called and you can't prove it wasn't a broken route or a miscommunication. How awkward is it seeing some dorky ref come over after the play is dead and then call that? Really? I get why the call is made, but they seriously never, ever call that. I said that aftr happenedd and then even Collinsneck said it. Also, the clock control on thre last drive was incorrrect 3 times: 1. Bradshaw scores, clock shows 1:00 even when he falls in the end zone, then it shows 57. Odd. I am pretty sure I wasn't that drunk. 2. 19 second on an incompletion, it ends up being 17 seconds.  3. I may be wrong here, but when a play runs and a team has too many men on D don't you add seconds back on in that case?   I thought you did, because in those situations, teams can just continue to use that to their advantage on D, sabotaging the yards for clock. That's like 10 more second of clock. Not a huge deal, but I wonder why we see such basic management of a game just not done correctly in a game like this. Is it that difficult? Even the announcers were commenting on it.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Rusty, I missed all those clock blunders but the 12-men penalty.  That had to be 10 seconds lost on that play alone, right?  I think that was very fishy in what was generally a fairly called game.

As for the safety, Brady was under pressure just before he threw it.  I am positive.  He should have rolled out, tried to run, then tossed it away if he was not clear.  Or he could have thrown it away a tick or two earlier and they would not have called it.  But he was definitely under threat of being sacked.  It was regrettably the correct call. Just like the one in the Falcons game vs. the Giants.  Brady blew it big time on that whole play.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Sure, that looks good in the stats column, but if your D is executing when it counts, that's the ball game.

Exactly. The "stats" look pretty good with the points, but where was the D excecuting when it counted?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hate To Be Here : Yuppp...God forbid you give any credit to the Giants "D".  After the two straight TD drives, I was sure Brady was on one of those streaks where they can put up 28 points in a row.  But the Giants "D" held tough.  The Tuck sack was the turning point.  I believe Brady was gun shy after that.
    Posted by KRomine[/QUOTE]

The Giants D!?!?!?!? Really???? Really???

Here is what happened in the Pats last two possessions (exlcuding the Hail Mary):

1. Gronk (an injured TE) gets open deeeeeeep. Brady grossly underthrows him and the ball is picked off. Giants D blows the play altogether and gets lucky. Play was on Brady not Giants d
    2. Welker WIDE open on the Giants 20 yard line 4 minutes left Pats with the lead. Brady makes a poor throw - though still catchable. Welker gets both hands on it but cannot hold on to the tough catch. No Giants D on that play. No D. ZERO D. Wide open Welker (a guy who lead the league in catches so you would think they would not leave him open). Giants get lucky as both Brady and Welker choke on the play. ZERO D
    3. Very next play Branch drops a first down throw. You can give a little credit to a DB making a quick hit on Branch after the ball got there but it was a drop. No big D play.

Giants D was just not very good. Pats O had two drives. But Brady and Co. choked down the stretch. There was no big time D form the Giants. No eye opening play by any player on their D. Just choke by Pats O.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]The holding call was questionable, but again, considering how much our D LIne is armbarred pretty much all year and the NFL basically instructs the refs to not really make these calls, you're reaching here. That play has nothing to do with our finesse, failed COlts style offense losing us SB 42 and this one. I know why NE lost and it had nothing to do some with some preposterous idea that NE had some kind of favored officiating.
    Reaching?  Lets just say this, on that pats end around/reverse, the WR armbarred and had the defenders jersey grabbed and yanked.  No call.  First down pats.  What Boothe did was so much less, but the pats got the call and it stopped a drive that could have put the game out of reach. 

There's blame to go all around, and Babe is also right in that the D didn't stop the Giants when it needed to. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatBoard. Show PatBoard's posts

Yeah, Brady even refuses to look Ocho's way, even when's burning right by a guy (ocho still has some speed, which catches corners off-guard at times).  Then he throws a terrible pass to a hobbled Gronkowski.  That's definitely playing favorites, which is bound to happen I guess, but Brady has always been his own worst enemy.  He is remarkable at changing plays before the snap but he is only average at adjusting after the snap (especially if the d-lineman are not giving anything away).  He is too honed in on what he wants to do and doesn't take advantage enough.  But that's a lot of nitpicking - his 16 straight completion streak was a thing of beauty.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hate To Be Here : I agree.  I am not saying it's an incorrect call, but just that you never see refs call it because it's hard to prove it's not a broken route/miscommunication, etc. I just don't think you call tahat in a SB.  Brady was winding up and then was hit. If he was struggling to escape the grasp and did that, yes, that's when you see it called. That and the clock embarrassment by an apparent drunk person is not why NE lost, though.  Those are just things you look back on and say "only if". The 12 men was bad too, especially since NE stripped the WR there. Kick to the nuts. How either team is committing a too many men in a SB is beyond me.
    C'mon Russ,

the refs are not in the profession of interpretting broken routes or miscommunications.  Either a receiver is in the vicinity or not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hate To Be Here : Yeah, right, but when we see our entire D Line armbarred all year long and still getting sacks, etc, you don't say a word. Please. You're insulting everyone'e intelligence here with this.  You're at some COlts SB party and then pretend you're objective. Enjoy your losing seasons for the next 5 years, dork.

had no dog in this fight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hate To Be Here : Umm, what? Don't make me pull ou the drive chart, especially in the second half. NE allowed 7 points in the first half and two FGs in the second half, before we saw our own offense fade and disappear in that slow, creey fashion again. You are certifiably insane pretending a D allowing 13 points to the Giants offense through 3 qtrs is somehow offensive. NE's offense had total control of the game, with the ability to pull away TWICE (Brady INT and Welker drop) and failed. No debating it. Take your beating in your Brady underoos like a man and capitulate. We don't pay Brady 20 million per year to carelessly toss an INT, when at WORST, at WORST, you use field position to your advantage. I believe that INT came on first down!  Unacceptable!

I don't think anybody can claim Brady was immaculate. And despite his greatest weapon being neutered he shares some blame for the loss.

But to dismiss AGAIN the D's inability to get the stop when the game is on the line is ignorance.

Three of our 4 losses this year included the D failing in the final minute. There is no dodging that Rusty.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Hate To Be Here : had no dog in this fight.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Riiiiight.  Which is why you're on a Patriots board commenting when you're a fan of the Colts.  "No dog in the fight" means you could care less who won.  You obviously wanted the Pats to lose, or you wouldn't be in here poking and prodding and twisting the knife.  The Giants outplayed the Pats, but your presence here today serves nothing more than to troll and enjoy the unhappiness of others.  You're not offering any insights.  You're not a respectful fan.  You're a troll.  Enjoy the rebuilding process and go away!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

btw - UD - I find it beyond entertaining that a Colts fan is on here blathering about pass interference calls the Giants deserved.  Your pouty QB and GM had the rules of the game changed so they could win.  Love it.  Love it.  Go back to the cow pasture.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Actually, I thought the defense played well enough to win the game.  Given their shortcomings, BB and his staff came up with a plan that allowed them to stay in the game, putting the team in position to win it.  Unlike most of the season, the offense was incapable of producing when it needed to.  That being said,  Brady - for the 2nd game in a row, throws an unbelievably stupid pass late down the middle of the field - same result, turnover.  Welker misses a completely catchable ball that was a near perfect throw.  The O-Line at times, struggled with protection.  And special teams gave up yardage on a kickoff.  BB blew a timeout on a stupid challenge with the play happening right in front of him, I saw it from the couch.  Overall, a tough game. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to I Hate To Be Here:
    [QUOTE]But, here is really no other way to do it.  41 pass attempts by Brady, no BJGE as lead back, a moronic INT by Brady with control of the game, and then just missed opportunities on offense with the Welker drop on 3rd and 11 the ballgame. They literally giftwrapped the game.  I don't mind losing to a better team, but that's not what this was about. This about two teams ebvenly matched, with one literally refusing to do things to seal the deal on offense.  They were lucky to escape froom Brady's poor AFC Championship game and to see it basically manifest itself again? What do they do all week in practice and why do they continue to act like they're ready when they refuse to run the ball? Their only TD drive was in a hurry up in the first half.  You cannot have a base offense be a wrinkle like a hurry up.  It cannot happen.  I think we should know who had control of this gameplan and how much power O'Brien had to alter it during the game. Note how NE scored a nice TD out of halftime. Who was the lead back? Congrats to the D. Great job doing your job and really putting the team in position to win the game.  Holding down Cruz, Nicks and Manningham was really good, the Run D locked down in the second half, and if just one of those strips bounces the other way, we may be looking at a win.  Battling and allowing NE's offense to finally do something before half was big. Congrats to the Giants, even though I think you know you got away with one yet again.  I am just not that impressed with Eli Manning. He does a nice job not making major mistakes, but he really did nothing of note to win it.  Some are calling it luck, but the fact is, NE turned it over once, NY did not. Brady and Welker pretty much gave he and the Giants offense a sniff to take the lead and NY played like they had nothing to lose, which is what I would be doing at that point, too. The only blame is on the Pats.  Welker may need to be on suicide watch. I am not sure how he lives with that.  The guy catches 100 balls per year, most of them on the run, some tough ones, and he drops that? Tough.  I feel for the guy because he's right. He sort of did let the team down. Still love the guy, but call it like it is. Sucks, but without an ideological change, maybe hiring someone outside the organization to sit on on the Brady led gameplanning on offense for honest and objective opinons on the approach, may be of help. Someone has to be able to tell Brady, "no, we aren't passing 40+ times" anymore. It's his offense, his show, his approach. I would have been demanding we get BJGE 20 carries and use him as a lead back. No way on earth Woodhead is lead back material and with Gronk not 100%, it boggles the mind why BJGE gets carries 10 carries and Ridley wasn't even used once? I can't imagine how BB and Brady can continue to toss games away by simply believing you can win SBs without really ever committing to a run game. I would ask them point blank, how can you do this? How can you not see it? It's to the point now where I don't care anymore because without them acknolweding that in fact, yes you do need balance and running, you will in fact never win a SB ever again. Logan Mankins collects 9 million per year and we throw 40+ times.  You tell me.

and I hate having you here--please go away.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE] I can't imagine how BB and Brady can continue to toss games away by simply believing you can win SBs without really ever committing to a run game. I would ask them point blank, how can you do this? How can you not see it? It's to the point now where I don't care anymore because without them acknolweding that in fact, yes you do need balance and running, you will in fact never win a SB ever again. Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

The answer is clear Rusty.  Bill Belichick and Tom Brady don't know half as much about football as you do.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]But, here is really no other way to do it.  41 pass attempts by Brady, no BJGE as lead back, a moronic INT by Brady with control of the game, and then just missed opportunities on offense with the Welker drop on 3rd and 11 the ballgame. They literally giftwrapped the game.  I don't mind losing to a better team, but that's not what this was about. This about two teams ebvenly matched, with one literally refusing to do things to seal the deal on offense.  They were lucky to escape froom Brady's poor AFC Championship game and to see it basically manifest itself again? What do they do all week in practice and why do they continue to act like they're ready when they refuse to run the ball? Their only TD drive was in a hurry up in the first half.  You cannot have a base offense be a wrinkle like a hurry up.  It cannot happen.  I think we should know who had control of this gameplan and how much power O'Brien had to alter it during the game. Note how NE scored a nice TD out of halftime. Who was the lead back? Congrats to the D. Great job doing your job and really putting the team in position to win the game.  Holding down Cruz, Nicks and Manningham was really good, the Run D locked down in the second half, and if just one of those strips bounces the other way, we may be looking at a win.  Battling and allowing NE's offense to finally do something before half was big. Congrats to the Giants, even though I think you know you got away with one yet again.  I am just not that impressed with Eli Manning. He does a nice job not making major mistakes, but he really did nothing of note to win it.  Some are calling it luck, but the fact is, NE turned it over once, NY did not. Brady and Welker pretty much gave he and the Giants offense a sniff to take the lead and NY played like they had nothing to lose, which is what I would be doing at that point, too. The only blame is on the Pats.  Welker may need to be on suicide watch. I am not sure how he lives with that.  The guy catches 100 balls per year, most of them on the run, some tough ones, and he drops that? Tough.  I feel for the guy because he's right. He sort of did let the team down. Still love the guy, but call it like it is. Sucks, but without an ideological change, maybe hiring someone outside the organization to sit on on the Brady led gameplanning on offense for honest and objective opinons on the approach, may be of help. Someone has to be able to tell Brady, "no, we aren't passing 40+ times" anymore. It's his offense, his show, his approach. I would have been demanding we get BJGE 20 carries and use him as a lead back. No way on earth Woodhead is lead back material and with Gronk not 100%, it boggles the mind why BJGE gets carries 10 carries and Ridley wasn't even used once? I can't imagine how BB and Brady can continue to toss games away by simply believing you can win SBs without really ever committing to a run game. I would ask them point blank, how can you do this? How can you not see it? It's to the point now where I don't care anymore because without them acknolweding that in fact, yes you do need balance and running, you will in fact never win a SB ever again. Logan Mankins collects 9 million per year and we throw 40+ times.  You tell me.

I agree Rusty, how bad is Matt Light?  Some plays he cant even get a hand on the player he should be blocking!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Don't blame me, blame #12 who is the lead gameplanner for this offense. Blame BB who didn't see that 40+ passes is a loss. . . .   Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Don't worry Rusty.  No one is blaming you.  In fact, no one with any football knowledge at all would ever mistake you for a lead gameplanner. 

Sections
Shortcuts