I hate to bring this up, but didn't BB say a few days ago

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRules. Show BBRules's posts

I hate to bring this up, but didn't BB say a few days ago

in...I think it was in Reiss' Pieces, that it was Al Davis who brought up the idea of a Seymore trade? Well look at this quote from Al Davis last night from the press conference.
    "One day he said to me about two days before we made the trade, 'Would you be interested in Seymour?' I didn't put the phone down or anything, I said 'Yeah I'd be interested in Seymour.' I said 'What do you want' and he told me what he wanted for him. And I said I would do that. Can we do that now? Bill said to me he has to check with Kraft."

Also interesting that Bill had to check with BK first. I bet BB will be pissed that Al Davis revealed any of this conversation.

Here is the link from the San Francisco Chronicle article:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/raiders/detail?blogid=11&entry_id=47459

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Re: I hate to bring this up, but didn't BB say a few days ago

REALLY YOU BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT OLD FOOL SAYS????!!!  He always twist things to TRY to make himself look good. Ask his departed coaches. I must say Richard did say the right things. He's probably thinking only 4 months , I can get through 4 months!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geographer91. Show Geographer91's posts

In Response to Re: I hate to bring this up, but didn't BB say a few days ago:
    [QUOTE]REALLY YOU BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT OLD FOOL SAYS????!!!  He always twist things to TRY to make himself look good. Ask his departed coaches. I must say Richard did say the right things. He's probably thinking only 4 months , I can get through 4 months!
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

I had the same thoughts when I remembered how we stole Moss from him a while back.  Senilty. 

No matter how if came down, losing Seymour was a hard choice, but like all choices once they are made you have to move on.  Seymour has and so shall the Pats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Either way it still makes Al look stupid so it doesn't matter who brought it up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Does it really matter?  $eymour and all his bull$h!t is gone.  After this season he can rob another franchise, like he was doing to us the last 3 seasons.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayfaith. Show Fenwayfaith's posts

Al Davis is an old, senile, uninformed, malcontent who looks like a total joker & loser...So, I agree it doesn't matter who brought it up or who called whom.  Long term for the Patriots it's akin to taking candy from a baby, short term we'll just have to see.  What will be an even bigger crime after/during the season is the Raiders either don't franchise him after or sign him during the season.  What a joke the Raiders are!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I wouldn't put a lot of stock into anything Davis says......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Did BB state one way or another?  I did think BB said the raider's initiated the trade.  I guess they did, but they just didn't initiate the Seymour aspect of the trade.  Semantics, semantics...

Oh well, after what Davis said about Lane Kiffin's departure, he could be completely making this stuff up.  One thing is likely to happen out of this though.  The Pats and Raiders are less apt to trade from here on.  I have to believe that spilling the beans on internal team to team discussions goes against every grain of BB.  Especially the part about "other options" being offered.  Now there will be some of our defensive linemen wondering if they were on the trading block too.

I can't imagine BB turning down a good offer in the future, but you know how BB likes to keep matters internal.  He just doesn't talk about such things.  Now he gets called out by Al Davis on Walter, Seymour, and other unmentioned linemen.  Nah, I think our trading days with Al Davis have come to a slow drip, if not a complete halt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Best move BB has made in the last few years. That #1 pick in 2011 has a lot of leverage come next draft or in 2011. get a first round QB they can groom to take TB's place someday or a great defensive player

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

[QUOTE]Best move BB has made in the last few years. That #1 pick in 2011 has a lot of leverage come next draft or in 2011. get a first round QB they can groom to take TB's place someday or a great defensive player
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

BB never drafts to need, only to the best talent available.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]Either way it still makes Al look stupid so it doesn't matter who brought it up.
    Posted by Irkillendem[/QUOTE]

Al Davis does not need anyone or anything to make him look stupid.  He does that all by himself on a daily basis.

He's not running a football team, he's running a rodeo.  It's a joke of an organization, and I hate that Seymour has to spend even one minute there. 

He deserved so much better than this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

In Response to I hate to bring this up, but didn't BB say a few days ago:

Gee Al why don't you just lie about something that you are knowingly guilty of.

"Bill said to me he has to check with [Patriots owner Robert] Kraft. I laughed because I thought all coaches had complete ability to do what they wanted. It's only this place where they have to go to the owner if they want to do something. So, he said he had to go to Kraft and he came back to me."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

It's funny hearing him speak.  I have lived in San Francisco for 30 years, and no one does anything, especially breathe, drink water, and eat, unless Al says it is so!  Everyone who works for him is a puppet, and only the coaches who had something were looked down upon by him.  Gruden stood up to him and his teams did very well, and Kiffen was beginning to get the Raiders to play good football when god, I mean Davis (Sorry Al), let him go.  He has lost all connection to the modern game of football.  All Raider fans have had it with him.

Sections
Shortcuts