I have a contract question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgirl6. Show patsgirl6's posts

I have a contract question

While Brady was out last year..did he get paid??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: I have a contract question

if a player is under contract they get paid.there may be certain type of bonuses that they may not get,but they get whats on there contract.im proud of you wearing number 39.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgirl6. Show patsgirl6's posts

In Response to Re: I have a contract question:
    [QUOTE]if a player is under contract they get paid.there may be certain type of bonuses that they may not get,but they get whats on there contract.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

so then whats the difference between that and a guarenteed contract?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Getting cut and being injured are 2 different things.  You can't cut an injured player to avoid paying him.  The players union would file a grievance and would win in that case.  You do see guys sometimes get an injury settlement and then get waived.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgirl6. Show patsgirl6's posts

[QUOTE]Getting cut and being injured are 2 different things.  You can't cut an injured player to avoid paying him.  The players union would file a grievance and would win in that case.  You do see guys sometimes get an injury settlement and then get waived.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

ok...so your still not answering my question.... what is a guranteed contract??  If your hurt and not playing at all..do you still get paid?  LIke Vinatieri's contract...why is it different than any other?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

He was paid because the standard player contract ensures that an injured player will be paid through the end of the season if they remain injured through the season. 

Generally though, if a player is cut or quits, the balance of the contract is voided and the player receives no more compensation. This is what is meant by a non-guaranteed contract.

A guaranteed contract would have the player compensated for the entire amount of the contract if he is cut.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Just to add, the signing bonus is guaranteed even if they cut or never play a down.

There are other bonuses in a contract as well, but those are earned in various ways and, of course, can't be earned if you are not on the team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgirl6. Show patsgirl6's posts

[QUOTE]He was paid because the standard player contract ensures that an injured player will be paid through the end of the season if they remain injured through the season.  Generally though, if a player is cut or quits, the balance of the contract is voided and the player receives no more compensation. This is what is meant by a non-guaranteed contract. A guaranteed contract would have the player compensated for the entire amount of the contract if he is cut.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

thank you soooo much,,, i am in a heated ( with alcohol ) argument...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I have a contract question : thank you soooo much,,, i am in a heated ( with alcohol ) argument...
    Posted by patsgirl6[/QUOTE]

Did you win your argument?  ha....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"i am in a heated ( with alcohol ) argument... "

Who's winning, you or the alcohol??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgirl6. Show patsgirl6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I have a contract question : Did you win your argument?  ha....
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

OMG...i'm SOOOOO right.... I could spit nails... I'm winning... thanks guys.. ugh

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

patsgirl, very cute pict by the way.  Love when we have pretty pats fans like yourself and NEGAME on here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgirl6. Show patsgirl6's posts

[QUOTE]patsgirl, very cute pict by the way.  Love when we have pretty pats fans like yourself and NEGAME on here.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

thank you,,,but i'm seriously still trying to win this argument.      ;0)

can you help?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I have a contract question : thank you,,,but i'm seriously still trying to win this argument.      ;0) can you help?

What else do you need?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]patsgirl, very cute pict by the way.  Love when we have pretty pats fans like yourself and NEGAME on here.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

Creepy

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to I have a contract question:
    [QUOTE]While Brady was out last year..did he get paid??

The short answer is while NFL contract structures and language can get extremely complex, yes, he was paid last year.

This article validates that he did, so continue to spit nails...... 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2054072

Fifth paragraph states "There are also guarantees, such as injury guarantees in the 2007 and '08 seasons, in the deal."

Hope this helps.

Sections
Shortcuts