I have a Good Feeling about Tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: I have a Good Feeling about Tonight

I just posted about this as well. I'm not feeling it. But I would add that my powers of perception have shown to be really poor. I typically dead wrong about these things. maybe thats the angle I need to take.. I'm off to bet the mortgage on this game wish me luck.. lol

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Jeeze...all the doom and gloom on this sight.  Looks like most are bracing for a loss.  Just hope the Pats don't feel the same way!
    No the "D" doesn't look too good right now and yes they are young and prone to mistakes.   But...they are fast and not without talent.  This is also BB's defense and I think that accounts for something.  He will correct the mistakes.
    They eliminate 4-5 of those mistakes tonight, including penalties, and they win.
    Watch and see!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

lets go dolphins!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpporters. Show bpporters's posts

Hope you are right. The defense at some point should start to improve, you would think.. They have played worse with each game though. Its time to play better and stop leaving guys wide open.

The offense looks ok, they need to cut back on mistakes and keep balance in the playbook. They get into trouble when they force the long stuff to Moss.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The defense has been in monster flux, with Kyle Arrington (who?) starting, with Ty Warren out, with second round rookie Cunningham starting, with first round rookie Devin McCourty starting, and with second round rookie Spikes starting.  Behind these guys are a crop of starting sophomores, a word from the Latin roots, "wise fools".  Chung is starting, Brace is often in for run support, Myron Pryor is a second year, Gary Guyton came out of nowhere, Meriweather and Mayo are somehow the old men already. 

Monster flux means that every week and every practice stabilizes the situation just a tiny bit.  I expect a little less chaos on the defense and on the offense too, maybe even a couple of points worth of reduced chaos, each week, with wide variations of course.  The team will grow, and then the team's overall natural top-end speed, explosiveness and talent will start to shine through.

This week?  Maybe, maybe not.  We'll see.  This is a great time for the Patriots' bye week.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I am uneasy about tonight's game for two reasons and only two: 

1)  Miami at Miami; and
    2)  The Pats D.

I have every confidence that Brady and the boys will put up points.  I just wish I were that confident in the D.

I too will enjoy watching this young and talented D develop.  It's my own impatience and paranoia that's getting in the way of simply going with the flow and enjoying the game for what it is.

Go Pats!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: I have a Good Feeling about Tonight:
    [QUOTE]I think the most experinced unit is our D-Line, in fact I know the D-line has the most experience with Wilfork, Warren, and Wright/Brace.  I think this game falls on them.  IF they can play stout against the run, and get Henne into 3rd and long, I like our chances better to get off the field.
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]
    thats an awfully big "if" there

go phins!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to I have a Good Feeling about Tonight:
    [QUOTE]Dont ask me why.  I couldnt give you any realistic reason for us to win.  We have a small margin of error on defense, but I feel if the offense can play keep away with some long successfull drives, and the defense plays well enough on 1st downs to get Henne in 3rd and long, I believe Bill will dial up enough pressure with some blitzes to keep Henne off balance.  He is capable of putting up 300 yards against us, but we must make him beat us on 3rd and long, and not allow him to convert easy 3rd and 2's.  I believe Butler will bounce back(I hope) he should be able to against Hartline, and pray that Wilhite can contain D.Bess....    Def. a winnable game if we come out agressive on defense and methodical on offense.
    Long sustained drives? You need to be able to run the freakin' ball. So you'll go to the air and maybe get quick scores which the Phins can counter. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Jeeze...all the doom and gloom on this sight.  Looks like most are bracing for a loss.  Just hope the Pats don't feel the same way! No the "D" doesn't look too good right now and yes they are young and prone to mistakes.   But...they are fast and not without talent.  This is also BB's defense and I think that accounts for something.  He will correct the mistakes. They eliminate 4-5 of those mistakes tonight, including penalties, and they win. Watch and see!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]
    Can the D correct its mistakes? BB is not on the active roster last time I looked.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I am uneasy about tonight's game for two reasons and only two:  1)  Miami at Miami; and 2)  The Pats D. I have every confidence that Brady and the boys will put up points.  I just wish I were that confident in the D. I too will enjoy watching this young and talented D develop.  It's my own impatience and paranoia that's getting in the way of simply going with the flow and enjoying the game for what it is. Go Pats!!
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]
    Why does nearly every poster say talented D. What have they done to deserve such accolades? Nothing.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

[QUOTE]Jimmy, I wouldn't be marking anything down yet. Vegas has the Pats favored why?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]
    That's a good question but aren't the Pats favored everyweek? The Pats are favored by 1 point which means it's more or less a toss up. Miami's special teams have been terrible. It could play into this game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i have far from marked anything down...but i feel good about the phins chances tonight

its a divisional game on monday night...its a gimma for no one

always fear divisional games no matter what the records are (unless you are against the bills)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Come on guys, lets lighten up. Yes I'm as concerned as everybody else, but I feel very upbeat. Remember we have 2 things the fins don't.

1-Bill B.
    2-Tom B.

Tonight I have FAITH.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

A consistent productive effort by the offense appears to be the key this year...so far.  Hopefully, Miami will be playing catch up and run out of time, yeah?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Im extermly confident apparently Bill showed the guys the picks from PFW and they ALL picked Miami and apparently they are hungry.

I wish someone would show them what Ty and Willie said because that was downright crud. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Why not have a good feeling about tonight's game or any other game for that matter?  I am certain the team feels good about it!

I feel confident the team has the confidence they will win as do the Dolphins.  What I always hope for is a competitive game in which the team does not play horrible and that is why they lost.  I do not think any fan should have a "defeatist" feeling, unless you are rooting for the 49'ers right now!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]i have far from marked anything down...but i feel good about the phins chances tonight its a divisional game on monday night...its a gimma for no one always fear divisional games no matter what the records are (unless you are against the bills)
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Jimmy, it's a home game for your team - so, you should feel good about the Fins. Pats are playing inconsistently....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]I just posted about this as well. I'm not feeling it. But I would add that my powers of perception have shown to be really poor. I typically dead wrong about these things. maybe thats the angle I need to take.. I'm off to bet the mortgage on this game wish me luck.. lol
    Posted by justme2[/QUOTE]

I have to appreciate your attitude, as well as your recognition of your failures. I hope you are wrong tonight also.  Umm the FIRST feeling.  Not the one you are betting on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]i have far from marked anything down...but i feel good about the phins chances tonight its a divisional game on monday night...its a gimma for no one always fear divisional games no matter what the records are (unless you are against the bills)
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

It's always a tough out down there, but I think if the Offense can put the pedal to the metal, (I think they can/will) we got this.  

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to I have a Good Feeling about Tonight:
    [QUOTE]Dont ask me why.  I couldnt give you any realistic reason for us to win.  We have a small margin of error on defense, but I feel if the offense can play keep away with some long successfull drives, and the defense plays well enough on 1st downs to get Henne in 3rd and long, I believe Bill will dial up enough pressure with some blitzes to keep Henne off balance.  He is capable of putting up 300 yards against us, but we must make him beat us on 3rd and long, and not allow him to convert easy 3rd and 2's.  I believe Butler will bounce back(I hope) he should be able to against Hartline, and pray that Wilhite can contain D.Bess....    Def. a winnable game if we come out agressive on defense and methodical on offense.

YOU, sir, are CORRECT.