I have been wrong!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

I have been wrong!

I have made some rash statements about Tom Brady's playing. Maybe I have expected more and maybe I have just wanted more. I have made some harsh statements and as a fan of the Pats since the late 60's, I should know better. ...( I WAS WRONG). I will try to keep my opinions to myself from now on! GO PATS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: I have been wrong!

Don't sweat it. It's just football talk. It's easy enough to jump to conclusions. A little patience goes a long way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

The first half of this game was one of the most frustrating I can remember. A terrific opening drive, followed by general sloppiness on both sides of the ball, going in trailing by two scores....

And then they showed the kidn of toughness they showed during those Super Bowl runs, answering back in a very convincing way. The defense forced turnover after turnover, the offense just drove it down time after time.

Two 100 yards rushers, two 100 yard receivers, and a 340 yard passer...that's the kind of offense I want to see!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Yeah I will take 52 pts every week

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Brady was masterful; excellent offensive game plan.  We're all Pats fans here (well most of us) and we all from time to time can get frustrated.  And Babe's right; it's just football talk.  Go Pats.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Brady was getting better as a QB during the b2b SB's, was in his prime '06/'07, and has been in a slow decline since the knee injury, which also happened the season he turned 30, where most pro athlete's start a slow decline.

He is not, and it is silly to expect him to be, the guy he was age 25-29, but with the right pieces around him he can still win a SB in his mid-late 30's, there are 11 on the field and 50 who contribute, this isn't basketball with 5 and 12, a sport where the difference between a superstar aged 28 and an all-star aged 34 is often the diff between a title and a conf finals appearance.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's the deal:

McDaniels called a perfect game.  This is exactly how I want Brady running this offense under McDaniels. It's so fun to watch. He's BETTER with a commitment to the run than he is without it.

End of story. All the Prolate, Hurlie, Babe Parilli types, etc, must come forward. Just do it. Stop being so ignorant and delusional. The time has come.  Funny how last year's debacle in Buffalo in Week 3 has turned it to this.  The anniversary has come. lmao

Ridley is really talented. Bolden is another BJGE and they can turn to each to do that.   That's one thing we've been missing.

I was shocked at Welker and Gronk in the first half, but credit the team in the second half to really rally and come together. Such great news and awesome to see especially while watching the Jets implode in Week 4. I had Week 4 as the Tebow week, but we may see it next week now out of desperation for the final implosion.

[/QUOTE]

No Doubt about it on the Play calling. These guys just need to execute the game plan better and hold on to the ball.

AS for the Jets, they managed to amass 145 yds of total offense today. No chance for the Jets to even sniff the playoffs this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady was getting better as a QB during the b2b SB's, was in his prime '06/'07, and has been in a slow decline since the knee injury, which also happened the season he turned 30, where most pro athlete's start a slow decline.

He is not, and it is silly to expect him to be, the guy he was age 25-29, but with the right pieces around him he can still win a SB in his mid-late 30's, there are 11 on the field and 50 who contribute, this isn't basketball with 5 and 12, a sport where the difference between a superstar aged 28 and an all-star aged 34 is often the diff between a title and a conf finals appearance.

[/QUOTE]

Brady, between ages 24 n 28(5ssns) put up 18,000 yds, 123 tds and 66 INTs.

Brady between ages 29 n 34(5ssNs) put up 21,000 yds, 181 tds(75 in last 2 ssns) and only 46 INTs. He might be older, but on the decline? No.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady, between ages 24 n 28(5ssns) put up 18,000 yds, 123 tds and 66 INTs.

Brady between ages 29 n 34(5ssNs) put up 21,000 yds, 181 tds(75 in last 2 ssns) and only 46 INTs. He might be older, but on the decline? No.

[/QUOTE]

Great post Champ.  *itch slapping a hater with stats.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rusco good on ya for mannng up (no pun intended!). Not many around here do so. 

I've always been in favor of more of a running game myself but it does depend some on your talent (I don't want Woodhead carrying the ball 20 times a game for example) and what the defense gives you. 

The Bills begged the Pats to run but that said Brady and his team ran that to perfection. 

The defense had some serious problems but I do think that scoring that much fires up the defense and extra rest while we are running the ball down a team's throat helps also, as the defense can come back in ready to make plays and they certainly made a number of them. 

This was a huge win.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

If you read Brady's remarks after the game, it really wasn't McD's play calling, but instead the Buffalo D's play calling that resulted in all that running.  Yes, McD did call the plays, but the heavy running was in large part due to Buffalo playing nickel or dime all game.  They basically had a game plan that said if the Pats are going to beat them, it will have to be on the ground.  Well, that's what they got.

Moral to the story...I'm not sure this type of run commitment can be expected all of the time.  It probably had more to do with what the Buffalo D was giving them than it did any offensive game plan.  Credit to the coaches for making superb halftime adjustments though.  It's unlikely many other teams will employ a defensive game plan similar to Buffalo's, especially after seeing it get shredded on the ground.

All that said, a lot of us would like to see a good ground game.  It seemed like Bolden was getting 10 yards a pop.  Just don't expect this every week.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to rusco's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have made some rash statements about Tom Brady's playing. Maybe I have expected more and maybe I have just wanted more. I have made some harsh statements and as a fan of the Pats since the late 60's, I should know better. ...( I WAS WRONG). I will try to keep my opinions to myself from now on! GO PATS!

[/QUOTE]

Don't apologize.  This is a fan's forum.  Everyone is free to espouse whatever opinions they have; right, wrong, or indifferent.  If we all had the same opinions on everything this forum would be pretty darned boring.  Besides, each and every one of us has been wrong at one time or another.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Here's the deal:

McDaniels called a perfect game.  This is exactly how I want Brady running this offense under McDaniels. It's so fun to watch. He's BETTER with a commitment to the run than he is without it.

End of story. All the Prolate, Hurlie, Babe Parilli types, etc, must come forward. Just do it. Stop being so ignorant and delusional. The time has come.  Funny how last year's debacle in Buffalo in Week 3 has turned it to this.  The anniversary has come. lmao

Ridley is really talented. Bolden is another BJGE and they can turn to each to do that.   That's one thing we've been missing.

I was shocked at Welker and Gronk in the first half, but credit the team in the second half to really rally and come together. Such great news and awesome to see especially while watching the Jets implode in Week 4. I had Week 4 as the Tebow week, but we may see it next week now out of desperation for the final implosion.

[/QUOTE]

Any QB who ever lived would be better with their RBs averaging 6.3 yac like ours did today. When the running is effective, they do more of it. Would have been nice to see some running of that quality in the SB, no?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here's the deal:

[/QUOTE]

He's BETTER with a commitment to the run than he is without it.

do you EVER stop?

[/QUOTE]

No, he never stops.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.