I have come to the conclussion.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I have come to the conclussion.....

I will never get over the 2007 loss to the Giants in the Super Bowl........I just began to except the fact that we lost to the Jets and started watching ESPN again and the first thing they show is the Tyree catch and the" in the grasp" Manning throw with Jarvis Green all over him..........I am back to being miserable again......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Re: I have come to the conclussion.....

In Response to I have come to the conclussion.....:
    I will never get over the 2007 loss to the Giants in the Super Bowl........I just began to except the fact that we lost to the Jets and started watching ESPN again and the first thing they show is the Tyree catch and the" in the grasp" Manning throw with Jarvis Green all over him..........I am back to being miserable again......
    Posted by EASON11

That was the most miserable weekend of my life (well there have been worse but I wont go into that)  It started with the fat pig Thomase's story which was false and ruined the entire Sat before the game. IMO the team did react to the news story, how could they not.  Samuels dropped interception,  AD not holding on to Eli for the sack, and the Tyree catch. (I thought it was AD, maybe it was Green. I feel the same as you and I'm sure we're not alone. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

It seemed like they all had a chance to sack Manning. Thomas was in there too.Samuels int drop as well.............Even this morning on Mike and Mike........I can't escape it.....I told my co worker to shut it off..........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

That loss proves one thing: That it's easy to make even Manning look good when the refs don't call blatant offensive holding calls on the WHOLE LINE.

That being said, Asante should have stopped Plaxico and Harrison should have stopped Tyree but they didn't. Brady/Moss should have taken more time off the clock before scoring but they didn't.

Just not our day...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Don't forget the holding on Richard Seymour and the illegal block to the back on Jarvis Green during that whole miracle play. I guess the idiot refs were too enamored with how great of a game it was rather than doing their job. But all credit goes to the Gi Aints D-line who should have taken home the MVP award.

And Eason...I recommend treating BSPN like most Pats fans do...treat that channel like it does not exist...same goes for the NFL network. Anti-Patriots to the core. Embrace the Hate!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

In Response to Re: I have come to the conclussion.....:
    Don't forget the holding on Richard Seymour and the illegal block to the back on Jarvis Green during that whole miracle play. I guess the idiot refs were too enamored with how great of a game it was rather than doing their job. But all credit goes to the Gi Aints D-line who should have taken home the MVP award. And Eason...I recommend treating BSPN like most Pats fans do...treat that channel like it does not exist...same goes for the NFL network. Anti-Patriots to the core. Embrace the Hate!
    Posted by Rodimus77

I agree on ESPN but I actually think the NFL Network is OK, except for Marshall Faulk, who is a clear Patriots hater and will never get over Super Bowl 36, and maybe Billick, who seems to have some animosity towards Belichick (then again, a lot of guys who coached against BB have that animosity).

All in all, however, I think the NFLN is fair to the Pats.

ESPN? They're dead to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It's entirely pointless to enumerate the particulars that created the almost mythic confluence of both inept (or biased, if you prefer) officiating and blind dumb luck that allowed New Jersey (blue) to escape the Pats that day. All it will do is drive you crazy.

I remember two things very clearly about that Super Bowl:

The first thing I thought when the Pats took the lead was that they left too much time on the clock; and when I saw that improbable helmet catch -- and everything that led to it -- I simply told myself "The gods of football have simply decided that the Pats would not be undefeated, and that's it."

They simply could not overcome their luck running out all at once and the officials' apparent decision to give the Jints every possible benefit of the doubt on the pivotal play.

When Ellis Hobbs guessed wrong and the game was finally over, I was actually laughing a little bit.

What else can you do?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I have come to the conclussion..... : I agree on ESPN but I actually think the NFL Network is OK, except for Marshall Faulk, who is a clear Patriots hater and will never get over Super Bowl 36, and maybe Billick, who seems to have some animosity towards Belichick (then again, a lot of guys who coached against BB have that animosity). All in all, however, I think the NFLN is fair to the Pats. ESPN? They're dead to me.
    Posted by hardright[/QUOTE

The celebration on the NFLN after the divisional loss to the Jets really got the blood boiling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Two dropped interceptions and not capitalizing on Manning's many mistakes...it just wasn't mean to be on that day.  I've accepted that the Giants' D came to play and that the Pats did themselves in on numerous occasions.  Can't win 'em all.     

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I don't know why you would do this to yourself.  Why go back and live through bad defeats?  I moved on after that game as soon as I turned off the TV set.  They play the games, not us, we just watch, hope and cheer when it's good.

I've been watching football for a long time and I learned long ago that living and dying with your team is worse than a three day hangover when it goes badly.  Watch the games, enjoy the play but move on quickly when they lose.  It is the only way

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DStroh1. Show DStroh1's posts

Well said Dessalines!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

think back to 86... i really really thought we would win that one...(young

Naive) ever since then I realized not to get to caught up in one game....you cant win them all no matter what circumstances may have caused the loss... there will be others so dont worry   and back then I think the celts were kicken some *ss so I enjoyed that 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I hear you fellas .........I wasn't even thinking about the game and then after my hiatus after the Jest loss , its the first thing I see on the TV........I have to change my approach........I know this ...my wife and kids know this.......I know this............I just haven't........I will never learn I guess............Pats till the day I DIE!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

The '86 World Series was the toughest.

If we go 19-0 next year, I'll get over the 2007 loss, and I think we have a great chance at going 19-0.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

pauldeba.......that was bad......I made the mistake of busting out a cigar when we ahead in the Giants game at the end.........only to throw it in my pool ......then to be reminded of it once again when I opened the pool in the spring it to find it floating.lmao

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

pauldeba.......that was bad......I made the mistake of busting out a cigar when we ahead in the Giants game at the end.........only to throw it in my pool ......then to be reminded of it once again when I opened the pool in the spring it to find it floating.lmao
    Posted by EASON11

At least it wasn't a Baby Ruth!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

At least it wasn't a Baby Ruth!!!!

Posted by NEGAME2[/QUOTE]

Too funny. :) :) :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to I have come to the conclussion.....:
    Posted by EASON11

I know. It still lingers when ever this time of year comes around. And the fact we lost to the jests this year after such a great made it even more memorable

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The '86 World Series was the toughest. If we go 19-0 next year, I'll get over the 2007 loss, and I think we have a great chance at going 19-0.
    Posted by pauldeba

i'll just take a SB win

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"Two dropped interceptions and not capitalizing on Manning's many mistakes"

Freaking Meriweather dropping a ball that hit him in the stomach a few plays before A$ante had one go through his hands.  Most people don't remember that one, which was even an easier INT the A$ante's....And people wonder why I hate the useless B*tch.

Sections
Shortcuts