I have never seen such closed minds on this board.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I have never seen such closed minds on this board.

Its been 2 freaken days and people are screaming we shoulda got Boldin and Peppers and Cromartie and anyone else who can walk and breath. 

1. Peppers gauraunteed money is worth more than Wilfork's entire deal.  Is that what u want to pay someone who has NEVER played OLB before??? 

2. Boldin would have been nice for a 3 round pick, but the last thing we need is more injury prone receivers.  WR is the easiest position to fill.  There is always options out there.  Who knows? what if tomoro Ochocinco says im done with cincy, BB will be over it. 

3. In two days we re-signed: Wilfork, Mankins, Neal, TBC, Gostkowski.  I know its not the most exciting thing, but this is IMPORTANT AND VITAL.   I am hoping to hear Bodden is re-signed soon.  Then we can get on with filling the team's holes. 

Oh and btw TOM BRADY is up for extension incase you forgot.  money doesnt grow on trees. 

We need:
    1. Pass Rusher
    2. Impact receiver
    3. Solid Tight End
    4. help at inside LB
    5. A young high potential running back. 

we cant spend crazy amount on each of these things.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colosoxman. Show Colosoxman's posts

Re: I have never seen such closed minds on this board.

In Response to I have never seen such closed minds on this board.:
    Its been 2 freaken days and people are screaming we shoulda got Boldin and Peppers and Cromartie and anyone else who can walk and breath.  1. Peppers gauraunteed money is worth more than Wilfork's entire deal.  Is that what u want to pay someone who has NEVER played OLB before???  2. Boldin would have been nice for a 3 round pick, but the last thing we need is more injury prone receivers.  WR is the easiest position to fill.  There is always options out there.  Who knows? what if tomoro Ochocinco says im done with cincy, BB will be over it.  3. In two days we re-signed: Wilfork, Mankins, Neal, TBC, Gostkowski.  I know its not the most exciting thing, but this is IMPORTANT AND VITAL.   I am hoping to hear Bodden is re-signed soon.  Then we can get on with filling the team's holes.  Oh and btw TOM BRADY is up for extension incase you forgot.  money doesnt grow on trees.  We need: 1. Pass Rusher 2. Impact receiver 3. Solid Tight End 4. help at inside LB 5. A young high potential running back.  we cant spend crazy amount on each of these things.
    Posted by btownteamsrking

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Well, there is a happy medium also. I think it's just as bad to rationalize every non move into a positive.

The Boldin thing was what made the least sense. Guys like Boldin don't just grow on trees. You say we could just pick up Chad Johnson. That proves my point. Those are the kind of guys that are usually available- at best. Mid 30s and has lost a step. Not a WR in his prime like Boldin. All that was required were a few low round picks and a very reasonable contract extension. This is something, especially given that Moss will be gone soon, that should have been done. People are using the injury thing as an excuse to make themselves feel better that we didn't get him. There is no such thing as injury prone. Just because a guy has been injured in the past doesn't mean he will be in the future. Yes, there are guys whose bodies can't hold up to the rigors of pro sports. But they are far and few between. Most injured players are simply unlucky. Injuries happen.

And I think what people are reacting to is the fact that the Patriots have done NOTHING to make this team better. The perception among many fans is that complacency has set in over in Foxborough. That may or may not be true. But that is the image the Pats are projecting. Especially with Belichick's history of fielding teams with gaping holes. A few years ago it was the WRs- cost us a Superbowl. Then it was the CBs. Last year it was the LBs. This year it seems to be a little bit of everything. Not to mention the coordinator insanity going on. 

There are multiple issues with this team and nobody really seems to be doing anything while the FA market gets picked clean. Satus quo is not going to win us another title.

I'm trying to take a wait and see attitude. But I can certainly understand why some fans would be a bit unnerved or even agitated right now. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Alot of people don't understand the cap (including me) and they think we should sign everybody.  It is kinda sick how as soon as any player is cut, someone suggests we sign him.  Or if that player is traded to another team, we should've offered more.  The Pats like to negotiate hard with other teams and will allow them to walk away if the deal isn't good enough. 

No other team has 3 second round picks and as far as I know no other team has 2 first rounders in 2011.  That is a huge advantage and those 6 future players count against the 53 man roster, we also have Tate and McKenzie coming back for essentially thier rookie year. 

So there is very little wiggle room financially as well as bodies that count against the roster.  I expect BB to trade up or out of this year's draft.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colosoxman. Show Colosoxman's posts

Its been 2 freaken days and people are screaming we shoulda got Boldin and Peppers and Cromartie and anyone else who can walk and breath.  1. Peppers gauraunteed money is worth more than Wilfork's entire deal.  Is that what u want to pay someone who has NEVER played OLB before???  2. Boldin would have been nice for a 3 round pick, but the last thing we need is more injury prone receivers.  WR is the easiest position to fill.  There is always options out there.  Who knows? what if tomoro Ochocinco says im done with cincy, BB will be over it.  3. In two days we re-signed: Wilfork, Mankins, Neal, TBC, Gostkowski.  I know its not the most exciting thing, but this is IMPORTANT AND VITAL.   I am hoping to hear Bodden is re-signed soon.  Then we can get on with filling the team's holes.  Oh and btw TOM BRADY is up for extension incase you forgot.  money doesnt grow on trees.  We need: 1. Pass Rusher 2. Impact receiver 3. Solid Tight End 4. help at inside LB 5. A young high potential running back.  we cant spend crazy amount on each of these things.

Couldnt agree with you more. Pats are doing an excellent job in two days TWO DAYS />>>> 2  days come on you instant gratification junkies. Nexxt week I predict we sign a WR and obtain a tight end somehow as well as help in the secondary.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: I have never seen such closed minds on this board.:
    Well, there is a happy medium also. I think it's just as bad to rationalize every non move into a positive. The Boldin thing was what made the least sense. Guys like Boldin don't just grow on trees. You say we could just pick up Chad Johnson. That proves my point. Those are the kind of guys that are usually available- at best. Mid 30s and has lost a step. Not a WR in his prime like Boldin. All that was required were a few low round picks and a very reasonable contract extension. This is something, especially given that Moss will be gone soon, that should have been done. People are using the injury thing as an excuse to make themselves feel better that we didn't get him. There is no such thing as injury prone. Just because a guy has been injured in the past doesn't mean he will be in the future. Yes, there are guys whose bodies can't hold up to the rigors of pro sports. But they are far and few between. Most injured players are simply unlucky. Injuries happen. And I think what people are reacting to is the fact that the Patriots have done NOTHING to make this team better. The perception among many fans is that complacency has set in over in Foxborough. That may or may not be true. But that is the image the Pats are projecting. Especially with Belichick's history of fielding teams with gaping holes. A few years ago it was the WRs- cost us a Superbowl. Then it was the CBs. Last year it was the LBs. This year it seems to be a little bit of everything. Not to mention the coordinator insanity going on.  There are multiple issues with this team and nobody really seems to be doing anything while the FA market gets picked clean. Satus quo is not going to win us another title. I'm trying to take a wait and see attitude. But I can certainly understand why some fans would be a bit unnerved or even agitated right now. 
    Posted by dafoe

The Boldin thing is a tricky situation.  He is fantastic. Talented. Physical. Great Hands. Tough.  Good blocker even. 

but he is another bad attitude guy and he is injury prone. it is a fact. 

would i be mad if we got him? no way.  but thats the irrational fan in me that loves big names.

we cant throw all of our resources (money) into signing him. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

1: Nice Grammar big guy, nice
    2: Money doesn't grow on trees, BUT Kraft is a BILLIONAIRE and it's an uncapped season, I agree that going spend crazy isn't a good/legitimate option, but there is definitely enough money in the organization to sign whomever we need/want.
    3:At this point, the 2010 Patriots look exactly the same as the 2009 Patriots, just with the question mark placed on Welker instead of on Brady.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

I am starting  to lose my confidence in anonymous internet posters

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I also can't stand all this complaining.  So what if all the good FA's are getting signed.  Their are still plenty of cheap bad ones left.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

The Pats generally do not get involved in the first week of free agency. This year's pattern has been somewhat different in regards to Bodden, TBC, and Wilfork since they're key Patriots players that BB wants to bring back for the Patriots.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

KyleCleric2:

Right.  And the one year they did get involved in week one.....Adalius Thomas....how's that working out??  Sure it looked good at that moment AND we all agree at what a disappointment it's turned out to be. 

What keeps football moving along is the influx of young talent (provided it's the right talent). 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

AD had a solid season his first year and looked good until getting injured his second.  Last year was a disaster. ..which is kinda what you get with a FA.  Just wait a couple years from now on both Boldin and Peppers. (I almost think that IF Thomas got in primo shape and stuck to the OLB spot he'd be ok. I doubt he's let go until late anyway.) 

The draft will be huge.  Although I do suspect at least one 2nd rounder will be dealt for a need ala Welker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I think one reason people are uneasy with the Patriots is because they have done poorly in the last couple of off seasons.

I think another reason is that it appears that teh Jets and Dolphins were ready to move imediately on filling their gaps.  They got it done on day one - which means they were planning/strategizing and when the bell sounded made their move.

The Patriots have done nothin so far  - and don't appear to be hot to add anyone either.

If they are going to do it through the draft - okay;  but that eans TRADING UP this year.  No more trading down for 4th round picks.  If we keep trading down we'll have 30 third round picks in 2026.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Lets see.no cap this year.kraft is worth a billion right now.so this would be the year to spend the money that is needed to lock up the key players and to sign the key players needed.its great to resign some of the guys that were on the team,but many holes are needed to be filled.and krafts billion dollar tree can make this happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Guys, yes THIS year is uncapped, but there are still rules regarding salary. Additionally, once the cap comes back, and it will, you dont want to have to cut half your team to get under it and have John "I played HS football" Smith called in from the stands to fill in roster spots because they cannot afford to field a real team. 
    Yes I want to keep our important FAs.
    Yes I want to see one or two under 30 additions to plug some holes, pref at WR.
    But I dont want us to fall into the toilet once the cap returns.  That thinking wont help us now, but we will be talking positively once some of the other teams get crushed in the future.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Keep in mind that half the posters here are bandwagon idiots who want the Pats to sign every big name free agent in the NFL reguardless of whether or not the team can afford them or they fit the team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

evil, I know, I have been here wayyyy too long to not know that.  And I swear there are extra bandwagon fans this year.  Too much of the Madden generation that doesn't understand real football. "Hey guys, lets trade Maroney, a pile of dog po*p and a pack of gum for Chris Johnson, that is a great trade, hehehe--I am so smart, I should run this team.  And oh yeah, Kraft is cheap"  They forget, Kraft is a Billionaire, I dont believe anyone here is, so he gets the advantage when it comes to business sense.  You dont stumble into being a billionaire, unless u are born into it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: I have never seen such closed minds on this board.:
    1: Nice Grammar big guy, nice 2: Money doesn't grow on trees, BUT Kraft is a BILLIONAIRE and it's an uncapped season, I agree that going spend crazy isn't a good/legitimate option, but there is definitely enough money in the organization to sign whomever we need/want. 3:At this point, the 2010 Patriots look exactly the same as the 2009 Patriots, just with the question mark placed on Welker instead of on Brady.
    Posted by Gulo

This is exactly right. We are essentialy the same as last season at this point, which isn't good enough, and no Welker. I could care less how much money poor Krafty has to spend. Krafty could roll out of bed and find half a million in his slippers. It scares me to think we will have to rely on the draft to improve this team, because the last four drafts excluding the last one has been terrible. Plus even if it is a success, you can't count on rookies.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

mthrul, we are not that far off from really being top notch.  We do have a bunch of holes, but that is partially due to our bias of wanting a perfect, unstoppable team.  And yes you cant count on rookies, but sometimes they also shock you.  We have 4 picks in the 1st 2 rds, that is HUGE. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"I have never seen such closed minds on this board."

I don't think it's very fair of you btown, to largely undersell our collective st^pidity so easily...both past, present and hopefully future.  Here, let me give it a whirl... 

DID It EVER To ANY of you, that perhaps Kraft has been hurt by this tough economy just like the rest of us?  Think of his products:  He owns some sort of paper-product and packaging empire for one.  And so now, with more people eco-friendly (except me...I don't give 2 sh!ts)-in these days, the packaging as pect must be hit pretty hard.  He's still got paper-products, right?  No way...internet greeting cards and everyone noting that Sarah Palin is an innovator by writing important notes on her hand during speeches, And so ALL of this has made paper as yesteryear as the powdered wig (except in British Parliament...those mor#ns probably have a blast itching their heads all day and choking on hair-balls while deciding if they should reinvade the Falkland Isles or simply find something to p!ss of the irish).  

Anyway...What about Kraft Foods?  Well, with people's budgets now hit, many of us have stopped eating altogether.  While the rest have cut back on perks.  Fat is out...Slim and sleek is in.  So Kraft products like Cheez-Wiz & Parmesan, & even Mac and Cheese (I like the one with the pasta stegosauruses)-ARE "excess" food products.  I, like many of us, AM just surviving on old corn husks I find while dumpster-diving, bolstered by the great nutritional balance of puppy chow. 

But hey, Kraft's got Gillette (I think), right?  Sadly, those of us that still shave (not me though as I ate the gel shaving cream one special night as frosting on a r birthday cake made from half-eaten apple cores, so I now got a full Taliban-doo but with a soul-patch as a westernized lil' sporty-twist...I DO however still dry shave my knuckles like everyone else, of course)...anyway, those that still shave use either cheap disposable pink women's razors like my dad, while the rest have wisely turned to The-Save-A-Blade (only $14.99-as seen on tv). 

Kraft smartly (like all u.s. citizens) doesn't invest or even count too much on the income brought in by his soccer team, the New England Something-or-others... 
    Soccer's pretty much communist anyways, and so again with the eventual collapse of capitalism, we can't let those red devils sneak in through the back door of socialism and universal health care, now can we?  If we seal our borders and invade a few of the weaker OPEC nations, we can ride this out for at least a century before rebellion... 

Which clearly brings me to Miracle Whip, another Kraft product.  And as we (or at least I) know, there really is no room for it on either decaying indian-corn or mixed with gravy train for pups (so I guess they were sorta wrong on the "always" factor, huh?).  Anyway, so that's about it-ALL Kraft has left is NE Patriots, and with a waiting list of like 400 years or so, he can afford to increase ticket prices and underpay players...it just makes smart business sense.  Pssh, "closed minds on this board"...please.            

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Only 1 team wins the super bowl each year. Would you trade places with the Colts who failed to win the super bowl? Or how about the Steelers who failed to even make the playoffs.

I keep hearing we are not one of the elite teams. Who is an elite team? The Saints? Vikings? Colts? Doesn't it change every year? The Saints were last in their division in 2008.

To win it all it takes a healthy team with some luck along the way. You have to build through the draft and plug in a few veterans here and there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Digger is making sense.

People are getting all worked up about the "uncapped" season as if it were possible to buy a championship team. It isn't. Theoretically, I suppose you could buy up all the free agents, front-load all the contracts with retarded signing bonuses, mortgage the future and -- if you get extremely lucky -- you might make it to the Super Bowl. Hell, you might even win it. Dan Snyder seems to think so, despite the fact that it has yet to work for him. But even if you have several hundred million dollars just lying around which allows you to do that, what happens the following year when a cap returns and you can't honor the remainder of any of those contracts, you have to cut all those players and you end up fielding a Division 3 college team? What do your fans say then, and what happens to your revenue stream?

The Pats are doing business the way they always have in the Kraft/Belichick era, an era that has brought a group of incredibly spoiled fans three championships and might have, with a little more luck and a lot less questionable officiating, brought two more.

What the hell do you people want?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

i agree with the cap space comeing back.this is why you are seeing bigger up front money this year.to where it will balance to 5-8 million a year on the better players after this year.less for the average players.so the more up front money there is the less the yearly pay out.but you have to know the players are worth it also.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

People need to adjust their frame of expectations. 

If NE manages to hang on to Wilfork, Bodden, and TBC, they will likely be hailed as FA winners. If they add one more decent FA, then they are big winners.

Keeping your own is hard, and NE was dealt a hard hand this off-season. But we knew that a few years ago.

Here is to hoping they can work something out in advance with Mankins to avoid having this happen next offseason.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

this free agency class is extremely overhyped.  there is barely anyone out there. 

we are going to be a very young team again this year and it will probably be difficult to win it all.   

i expect that we will be trading some draft picks for players. 

Keeping Bodden, Wilfork, Mankins, Goskowski, TBC, and Neal is vital to our success. 

we have not improved yet but its still very early.

Sections
Shortcuts