I have seen the Future!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EdouardLucas. Show EdouardLucas's posts

I have seen the Future!

Bonjour messieurs!

Excuse me.   I forget myself.   You are mostly English speaking it seems.  I will use your language.

Perhaps you have heard my name?   No matter.  Allow me to provide some credentials. 

I am renowned in the field of mathematics.  

(Permit me to stop for a minute here, I get ahead of myself.  You perhaps think Edouard Lucas is dead?)

I have traveled to your time from 1875.  The technology I used would be too much for your intelligence, so I will not go into such matters.  This time is only one of many I have experienced and I will only be here for a short while.  If you stumble upon the technology yourself I would recommend the year 2147.  But I digress.

Back to my credentials.

Perhaps the name Fibonacci is more familiar to those who study mathematics.  Some say I "built upon" his work.  In truth, my studies and findings are quite remarkable on their own. 

With much free time on my hand and the ability to move through time I have mastered many languages and tools of your time.  They no doubt seem advanced for you, but will appear primitive to future generations.  One of your tools is "Google".   May I suggest you google my name for the rest of my CV?

You are no doubt wondering why I stopped here and when I will get to the point!

The time has come!

While looking at various forms of entertainment of your time I came across this football sport you enjoy.  Your particular team has the colors similar to my beloved French flag.   So, I immediately took an interest in your team.  One question has been answered, am I correct?

And now you are at a period where your team is entering the final phase of the current season.  You are experiencing the wonders of the New Year?  What will tomorrow bring?

Would you like to know?

I have the answer!  

Finally I have come to the point!

Of course with my journeys to the future I could have already looked back to see the answer, but when I was there I had no interest in 2014 or American football.

I began to look at the history of the team under this coach and, well, what can I say, I cannot put mathematics out of my head!

Your team won the Super Bowl in the 2001, 2003, and 2004 seasons.  You also made it to the final game in 2007 and 2011, but failed to win.

Are you starting to see it!   I wonder!  

There is a numerical sequence!   (I should know - I have done pioneering work in this field).  After looking at the numbers I took a brief trip to 2020 to confirm my findings and returned to this time.   I am personally happy to report that I was correct.  Do you really think I would type all this if I was wrong?

The number sequence itself is the pattern 1 3 4 7 11.  These are the years of your team reaching the ultimate game.  If you use your Google tool and type "sequence 1 3 4 7 11" you will see results that point to me!   My Lucas Number.   It's nice to know you are recognized after you seem to have left!

The sequence 1 3 4 by itself is a curiosity.

The sequence 1 3 4 7 is worthy of your attention

The sequence 1 3 4 7 11 is statistically significant

And the next number in the sequence?  18.  As in 2018.

Sadly, there will be no championship for your team this year.   Your next appearance in the game will be 2018 and you will be victorious!   Does that give you consolation?   The 2018 championship will be under a new coach, but I will not reveal his name now.  You should have some surprises I think.

After 2018  the sequence is broken.  And that is good!   You would not want to wait until 2029 for the next time!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Re: I have seen the Future!

You must lead a very active social life.

The Pats also made the "final game" in 1985 and 1996. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

But you forget that the sum of 1 3 4 7 and 11 is 26. If divided by 2 (one for TB and one for BB) you get 13. So really, I don't know why they even bother playing the games, the SB is in the bag.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You must lead a very active social life.

The Pats also made the "final game" in 1985 and 1996. 

[/QUOTE]

Got some strange dudes roaming this site.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

WhatTF? Some many trolls so little to do..........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from montrealhabs. Show montrealhabs's posts

Salut edouard lucas, i suspect mauvais reve de ta part et sorry for my francais my dear pat's fans...keep dreamin and longlife to pats nation..looking forward to SB victory!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Clever . . . but shouldn't you be following the Alouettes?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

"Salut edouard lucas, i suspect mauvais reve de ta part et sorry for my francais"

I burst out laughing at this one!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Well if by chance this guy is right by 2018 either Brady will be 41 and still playing or the Patriots will have a new QB that's a winner.

But LOL, the responses you guys gave was hilarious!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

for a second I thought Laz was back!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EdouardLucas. Show EdouardLucas's posts

Bonsoir messieurs!

Another moment to clarify if I may.    My research, as I noted, was conducted under the tenure of the current coach.

Although your team reached the ultimate game in other years, different coaches were in charge.

Also, if I may be immodest, a Lucas Number should not begin with 85 or 96.

Monsieur montrealhabs:  Je suis éveillé pour certaines!   Rester bien mon ami!

I shall return for the celebration following the 2018 season.

Adieu!    Adieu!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LMAO. Go calibrate your flux capacitor troll

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

The spectral sequence is like the mini-skirt; it shows what is interesting while hiding the essential.

Have you figured out yet, why a coconut is just a nut. Would you let epsilon<0 or epsilon <= 0? Don't screw up cuz there is always a 1 below each number, right? Remember, convergence is the key.

Mathematics is a one world language, understood by all. In the words of Sam Cooke, "if only my French was good enough", I'd tell you what I really think.