I have to mention some negatives

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I have to mention some negatives

Was not at the game, but saw the tape very late last night (was at Fenway-ugh!)

I saw some things that need attention and clean up quickly. 

-too many penalties. Took 3 points off the board in the first half. I am betting that is what BB focuses on immediately

-the Mankins penalty looked like "usual Mankins" and what he always has done, but the refs are now going to flag these pushes

-I don't care who is on the field. Poor play and execution needs to be cleaned up regardless if the offenders make the team or not. That being said, lots of confusion and guys breaking free in the defensive backfield. Both Wilson's did not play well. The pick six is irrelevant, too many Buc's were open most of the night, in spite of the pressure generated by the Pats

-lots of players speculated to make the team due to stellar special teams play. Where were they last night? 

-I would like to see more of Mallett next week. The more he takes snaps, the better he looks. Rusty, but lots to like. Can make every throw, can move a bit in the pocket, once he got comfortable, he moved the team. 

-Tebow. Not sure what to think. Is he worth losing Blount, Cole, Fells or Ras? Is he bringing any more on the field than a young developmental player stashed on the PS? 

-I would think if Armstead is not practicing this week he will not be ready to start the season. I have heard he has been watching practice. I do not know what he looks like, so have not seen him. I am curious as to his weight? I was hoping he played at around 305. I hope he has been able to keep his strength and size during this situation. I had also heard he was 280-285. What type of player is he if he is at 265-270? 

-I earlier speculated on Ballard being on the fence. I think he is coming along. Dd not see his snap count last night but seemed like he was on the field more than the Eagles game. Still see him after Gronk and Sudfeld. Hooman is more versatile. Plays all ST's. does it come down to Ballard or Blount? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: I have to mention some negatives

Some observations from being at the game to add from last night.

TT is not an NFL QB watching him drop back you could see he loocked in on 1 reciever and can't, won't or doesn't have the ability to go through his progressions. IMO if they want to carry a 3rd QB they are going to need to look elsewhere.

Shane Vareen looks poised to have to have a big year. If he gets the ball in space against LB's 1 on 1 he will have a monster year in YAC.

The 3 rookies WR's still have have lots to learn but you can see they can play at the NFL level.

Danny Amendola if healthy (cross your fingers) is more talented than Welker. The problem for him will be living up to the toughness WW displayed when he was here.

I sort of watched indivisuals on D last night so I missed some big picture 

Focused on:

Jake bequette was bad. could not get off blocks and seems to be overmatched. Can't see him making the team.

Micheal Buchannan was solid. He consistantly set the edge and I thought should good upfield rush.

I much as I hate to say this T. Wilson was really bad last night. He looked lost and out of position on at least a half dozen plays. If he does make the team it will most likely be for his special teams work.

I was kind of suprised but I thought Cory Grissom held his own last night. It seemed as though he was able to get penatration in the middle and hold the point of attack consistantly last night. 

Just some random thoughts & opinions from last from last night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought Buchanon looked pretty good again, but I'll tell yeah the defensive tackle position is going to be a problem if they don't get somebody. Maybe they can trade one of our runners for somebody? Assuming Vareen, Blount and Boldden are ligit runners...what can we get for a 1000 yard back in Ridley? Too crazy? Just throwing it out there.

Sudfeld made two really good concentration grabs. I've got to say when he was done in pain on the second one, I remembered why he was available to us in the first place. Which brings me to Amendola - if Brady is going to target this guy like he did last night, he won't last past October. If I have to see him feeding one guy like that (like he did with Welker) I'm going to laugh in disgust when Amendola breaks in half.

Collins looked pretty good to me - he looks like a linebacker - I'd love to see him pass rush more. The safeties? I mean how much longer is this going to go on? Forever? There was one point where T. Wilson had three bad, costly plays  that lead to a touchdown and 2 extra points. Did anyone see that 2 extra point play? I mean the runner fell right in front of his feet in the endzone...he was even moving forward to hit the guy! This guy is going to be a in the box safety? Lmao! A in the box safety would of been low and firing ahead on a play like that. You want to see a good safety? Look at Dashon Gholdson, that's a guy that gets it, that's a guy that would make the center of our field a no throw zone. That guy would of fired like a missile towards a guy running up the middle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

TT is not an NFL QB watching him drop back you could see he loocked in on 1 reciever and can't, won't or doesn't have the ability to go through his progressions. IMO if they want to carry a 3rd QB they are going to need to look elsewhere.

Shane Vareen looks poised to have to have a big year. If he gets the ball in space against LB's 1 on 1 he will have a monster year in YAC.

The 3 rookies WR's still have have lots to learn but you can see they can play at the NFL level.

Danny Amendola if healthy (cross your fingers) is more talented than Welker. The problem for him will be living up to the toughness WW displayed when he was here.

Focused on:

Jake bequette was bad. could not get off blocks and seems to be overmatched. Can't see him making the team.

Micheal Buchannan was solid. He consistantly set the edge and I thought should good upfield rush.

I much as I hate to say this T. Wilson was really bad last night. He looked lost and out of position on at least a half dozen plays. If he does make the team it will most likely be for his special teams work.

I was kind of suprised but I thought Cory Grissom held his own last night. It seemed as though he was able to get penatration in the middle and hold the point of attack consistantly last night. 

Pretty much what I saw too, although I didn't notice Grissom...have to watch for him next time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Cole bites. Enough of that experiment. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Focused on:

Pretty much what I saw too, although I didn't notice Grissom...have to watch for him next time.

Tough to watch the entire play and notice certain players. My buddy followed Collins and Bernard. He just kept saying how athletic collins is and was suprised by bernards quickness on the rush. He thinks Bernard should make the team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Prior to last night I have been saying Tebow makes the team.  Well last night was painful to watch.  It is the first time that I can not defend him making the team.  I like the dude, I really do.  Think he is a great teammate, great locker room guy.  Had the chance to meet him, he is a really good guy but he was terrible Timmy last night.  If he does not have an outstanding, eye opening game in the next two then he is out of here. 

Mallet did well.  Well enough to possibly let Tebow go at roster cuts.

I am not a fan of Coles.  He had a couple good plays but he got beat for a TD. He just seems too small out on the field and doesn't seem to make the right choices.

I echo the liking of Buchanon.  He was solid last night.  I liked Nink playing last night too.  Have always liked Nink.  Spikes was solid last night.  I like Spikes too!  And Collins had a good showing last night.

Stating the obvious here... Tom Brady is simply terrific out there the way he moves the team, the control of the game, he is a General on the field.  Tom Kelly is a huge man.  Him and Vince are going to be tough on that line.  What a big upgrade over Love.  Need some more depth though.

Sudfeld is legit.  How did he go undrafted?  What a great TD catch, the concentration was amazing.  HE moves good for such a big guy.  Him and Gronk on the field together, wow!  What targets for Brady.  The twin towers!!!

I was a little disappointed in Thompkins not having a impact ith Brady like he did the first preseason game.  Looked like it was Amendola had Brady's eye last night.

Amendola had a very good showing.  We all know that he has skills and that he will have an impact so last night isn't surprising.  He is the real deal, he is legit.   The thing with him is injuries.  That will always be in the back of the mind.  If he can stay healthy he will be awesome, as advertised.  He just needs to saty healthy.  And he seemed like he was exhausted out there playing like he isn't ready for that game tempo yet.  He might need some conditioning work.

Good showing by the first team offense, Mankins thought his penalty was funny, I don't think BB did.  Good showing for the first team D last night too.  Not sure how the DB's are going to play out but they looked better last night then the first game.  I remember in 2011, the 2nd preseason game vs the Bucs the D looked great, we were all excited only to crash to reality with a poor showing the next week vs the Lions.  I will be curious how next weeks game goes.  

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

No doubt the end of the 1st half was sloppy.  6 point swing between the missed FG and the defense giving up a long completion to allow TB to kick one.  I kind of wonder if BB didn't tell the OL to get penalized a couple of times to force Ghost to kick a 50 yarder, because BB looked like he was trying not to laugh during the penalties.  Maybe I'm reading too much into it.  Yeah, I think Bequette gets cut, but I really like what little I've seen from Buchannon.  He nearly got a hand on the ball to force a fumble on Tampa's first TD pass.  The guy is long, athletic, and just looks the part.  We'll see if he can develop.  Overall, I'm happy.  The defense is never going to be great in a preseason contest, so I just look for individuals who stand out, good or bad.  More good than bad so far, but Tebow is horrific.  Man, that 2nd half offensively was hard to watch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Bad stuff guys. Keep 'em coming, I love the negatives!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Jake Bequette sucks? If only someone had been saying that he sucked all along...

Zach "Don't call me 'Suddsy'" Sudfeld

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I forgot to mention Gostowski!  HE better straighten up quickly!

Straighten up....Get it? LOL!!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Two plays of Harmon's stuck out for me as well. The deep pass at the end of the first half. how are you going to let someone behind you (both rutgers guys in coverage) with 30 seconds left?! And there was another one in the second half where he took a brutal angle and put himself out of position. I was not impressed with Harmon and T Wilson at all. 

On the bright side, man can Jamie Collins play or what! He swarms to the ball, always seems to be around the play. I wouldn't mind seeing him get some reps with the first unit. He and Chandler could do some damage together on that right side!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Both T Wilson ans D Harmon were HORRIBLE...as was their corner play....bad, bad, bad.......the safties were caught out of place way too many times....

The front seven were excellent...no problem there at all, even though some of the time they had was due to decent coverage , at times, by the secondary, exactly how I'm not sure......

I admit one mistake...Tebow should NOT make this team...UGGGGHHHHHH!

And Sudfeld is a keeper and how.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Stash Tebow on the PS?  He most certainly clears waivers, and still gain the benefit of him running scout team plays and allowing his "positive influence" to shine onto rest of the team?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

Stash Tebow on the PS?  He most certainly clears waivers, and still gain the benefit of him running scout team plays and allowing his "positive influence" to shine onto rest of the team?

Teblow is not PS eligible.   Edelman can run the read option and Wildcat. He ran it in college. I cannot, for the like of me, understand how Edelman is bashed or with people thinking he won't make the team. Said it since Day 1: This is a tryout for Tebow, one last chance as a favor from BB, before he goes off to the CFL.  

I think he is, I think it's playing snaps on the team you're currently on. Vince Young is PS eligible, I think.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Teblow is not PS eligible.   Edelman can run the read option and Wildcat. He ran it in college. I cannot, for the like of me, understand how Edelman is bashed or with people thinking he won't make the team. Said it since Day 1: This is a tryout for Tebow, one last chance as a favor from BB, before he goes off to the CFL.  

I think he is, I think it's playing snaps on the team you're currently on. Vince Young is PS eligible, I think.

Queenie has already been bludgeoned on that topic. Bwaha

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Prior to last night I have been saying Tebow makes the team.  Well last night was painful to watch.  It is the first time that I can not defend him making the team.  I like the dude, I really do.  Think he is a great teammate, great locker room guy.  Had the chance to meet him, he is a really good guy but he was terrible Timmy last night.  If he does not have an outstanding, eye opening game in the next two then he is out of here." 

I thought he would make the team too thinking he might add a another dimension.  But OMG, it was painful to watch him try to pass the ball.   I actually felt sorry for him.  Plus some of his passes were so high if his receivers were able to get to the ball they would have got killed. 

I suppose a silver lining is that the Pat's were able to play an entire half without a QB and still won.   :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

1. Think of the worst player on the worst team. Now ask yourself if you ever feel compelled to talk about him. Are you ever making excuses for him making the team? So why is it that anyone is still on the fence about Tebow as a QB? And if he is not going to be a QB he would be practicing another position.

2. A lot of our secondary looks seriously suspect. The better the pass rush the better they will look. But I think we have at least Talib, McCourty and Dennard. Not sure about anyone else in terms of coverage at this point. A lot of improvement is needed. I expect some.

3. Sudfeld has great hands. AH did not have great hands. AH wil not be missed.

4. The WR corps looks terrific as a group. DA is special. The three rookies all look solid and they have only played 2 preseason games. Imagine where they will be after a full season assuming they are healthy.

5. Vereen is an X factor. He can break runs inside and out. He can run patterns and catch like a WR. In the open field he is tremendous. 

6. Kelly and Vince are a great team. They both get more done when they are there together.

7. Chandler Jones is the real deal.

8. Spikes is a HITTER and he has GOOD instincts. He will play. Hope we resign him.

9. I do not like Grissom and am starting to become very critical of Bequette.

10. Mallet had a few very good plays but he is disappointing in total so far. He should be starting to show real signs of starting quality play but a play here or there is no where near where he should be. I am not writing him off. Just saying his total play is disappointing. 

11. This O will be THE best in the league. If the D is any better than last year, if this team is relativley healthy come playoff time, the Pats will win the SB.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

-too many penalties. Took 3 points off the board in the first half. I am betting that is what BB focuses on immediately

-the Mankins penalty looked like "usual Mankins" and what he always has done, but the refs are now going to flag these pushes

-I don't care who is on the field. Poor play and execution needs to be cleaned up regardless if the offenders make the team or not. That being said, lots of confusion and guys breaking free in the defensive backfield. Both Wilson's did not play well. The pick six is irrelevant, too many Buc's were open most of the night, in spite of the pressure generated by the Pats

-lots of players speculated to make the team due to stellar special teams play. Where were they last night? 

-I would like to see more of Mallett next week. The more he takes snaps, the better he looks. Rusty, but lots to like. Can make every throw, can move a bit in the pocket, once he got comfortable, he moved the team. 

-Tebow. Not sure what to think. Is he worth losing Blount, Cole, Fells or Ras? Is he bringing any more on the field than a young developmental player stashed on the PS? 

-I would think if Armstead is not practicing this week he will not be ready to start the season. I have heard he has been watching practice. I do not know what he looks like, so have not seen him. I am curious as to his weight? I was hoping he played at around 305. I hope he has been able to keep his strength and size during this situation. I had also heard he was 280-285. What type of player is he if he is at 265-270? 

-I earlier speculated on Ballard being on the fence. I think he is coming along. Dd not see his snap count last night but seemed like he was on the field more than the Eagles game. Still see him after Gronk and Sudfeld. Hooman is more versatile. Plays all ST's. does it come down to Ballard or Blount? 

Penalties are a problem but what preseason is all about, better we fix it now than in the regular season, this is also a by product of youth.  

Mankins plays mean, that's just the way it is.

If you don't know what to think of Tebow yet, I can't help you.

Armstead has been sighted, he will likely be back soon, why the obsession with getting rid of him?  The guy is a legit 300 pounds, unless he has a tapeworm he will never get down to 265, that's ridiculous because he was never fat, he's a legit 6'5" 300 pound defensive end tackle with room to add more weight and we could use one more to complete the rebuilt defense circle.

Ballard will be a solid addition to the team, he plays that extra lineman role well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I'll second too many penalties. I think they tallied ten total, most on offensive line. It's going to take adjustment to the new emphasis on shoving, but the false starts, offsides, NZ infractions, etc, need to get cleaned up. 

I agree, SS still looks like a search out there, though I'm not going to discount Adrian Wilson. It's too early, and he has had a career. 

Thankfully the rest of the defense looked OK, even if the CBs didn't have their best showing. 

If the remodeled front seven can play at that level ... it might not matter. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

From the CBA . . . Tebow is not eligible:

Section 4. Eligibility: 

(a) The Practice Squad shall consist of the following players, provided that they have not served more than two previous seasons on a Practice Squad: (i) players who do not have an Accrued Season of NFL experience; and (ii) free agent players who were on the Active List for fewer than nine regular season games during their only Ac-crued Season(s). An otherwise eligible player may be a Practice Squad player for a third season only if the Club by which he is employed that season has at least 53 players on its Active/Inactive List during the entire period of his employment. 

(b) A player shall be deemed to have served on a Practice Squad in a season if he has passed the club’s physical and been a member of the club’s Practice Squad for at least three regular season or postseason games during his first two Practice Squad seasons, and for at least one regular season or postseason game during his third Practice Squad season. (For purposes of this Section, a bye week counts as a game provided that the player is not terminated until after the regular season or postseason weekend in ques-tion.) 

________

Section 1. Accrued Seasons Calculation: 

(a) For the purposes of calculating Accrued Seasons under this Agreement, a player shall receive one Accrued Season for each season during which he was on, or should have been on, full pay status for a total of six or more regular season games, but which, irrespective of the player’s pay status, shall not include games for which the player was on: (i) the Exempt Commissioner Permission List, (ii) the Reserve PUP List as a result of a nonfootball injury, or (iii) a Club’s Practice Squad. 

(b) A player shall not receive an Accrued Season for any League Year in which the player is under contract to a Club and in which he failed to report to such Club at least thirty days prior to the first regular season game of that season, or in which the player thereafter failed to perform his contract services for the Club for a material period of time unless he demonstrates to the Impartial Arbitrator extreme personal hardship causing such failure to report or perform, such as severe illness or death in the family. The determination of the Impartial Arbitrator shall be made within thirty days of the application by the player, and shall be based upon all information relating to such hardship submitted by such date. The determination of the Impartial Arbitrator shall be final and binding upon all parties. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Penalties are a problem but what preseason is all about, better we fix it now than in the regular season, this is also a by product of youth.  

Mankins plays mean, that's just the way it is.

If you don't know what to think of Tebow yet, I can't help you.

Armstead has been sighted, he will likely be back soon, why the obsession with getting rid of him?  The guy is a legit 300 pounds, unless he has a tapeworm he will never get down to 265, that's ridiculous because he was never fat, he's a legit 6'5" 300 pound defensive end tackle with room to add more weight and we could use one more to complete the rebuilt defense circle.

Ballard will be a solid addition to the team, he plays that extra lineman role well.

How can you come up with I want to get rid of him based on what I said? I have heard he was 305 and I have heard he was 280. I have never seen him. At less than 280 I question his stoutness at DT

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Cole bites. Enough of that experiment. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

Boldin abused him... good ST player or not... he cannot see the field on D...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I have to mention some negatives about your negatives.

1. The 1st three are all the same thing. So that is actually only 1 negative, not 3.

2. That Mankins personal foul call was total B.S and everybody knows it. How many guys shove each other after a play and there is no call? Answer: Lots.

3. Point me out 1 play where Adrian Wilson did not play well? I've watched the game twice and you cannot. Stop trying to push your agenda on us that AW doesn't make this team. Did you notice he played ST and saved the KR that would have been a td by chasing the guy down from behind? Not bad for a 33 year old 6'3 235 pound safety.

4. If Armstead is 270 pounds(which you have no reason to speculate 1 way or another) then he is a pass rushing DE no? His forte is getting push and getting to the QB no? How is this a negative?

5. How is your last point about Ballard getting better a negative?

Sections
Shortcuts