I have zero concerns about Brady!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I have zero concerns about Brady!!

I have no doubt TB still has what it takes to be a top 3 QB in the NFL, assuming his OL affords him the time, and his WR/TE corps remains healthy. His mechanics are fine when given time, he still has his arm strength, and still makes the correct reads. His 2 best throws yesetrady were to Gronk in the end zone (TD except for Solder holding) and Gronk into triple coverage were Gronk came down with the ball but could not hold it....those throws imo were Brady at his best. I also saw TB thread the needle to Dobson, who is finally holding onto to those passes. All of this with a hand injury

I now understand the Collie signing. Having Collie, DA and Edelman..and keeping 2 of them on the field every game, are the types of route runners TB loves. Dobson is taking steps forward every game. Thompkins is a nice 5th WR that can make plays. This offense will be ok as long as the OL improves

Some here have doubts...I have zero

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: I have zero concerns about Brady!!

This team is 6-2 and Brady has not been Brady.  I think he'll be better, and if he isn't I know that  there's a bit more to it than just Brady.  Bad plays aside, he's also looked good at times.  I still have hope that the rapport with his WRs will get better.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The receiver group has not been major league caliber to this point; just as all the pundits claimed going in. With Gronk back and playing his way into football shape and Amendola staying on the field, by playoff time that situation might be less mickey mouse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

With Steelers next, there's a good chance to finish 7-2 before the bye.  After the bye, look for a much improved offense as Brady "heals", and clicks better with possession receivers and Dobson on mid-to-long routes.

2013 World Series Winner and 2014 Super Bowl Winner?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I have no doubt TB still has what it takes to be a top 3 QB in the NFL, assuming his OL affords him the time, and his WR/TE corps remains healthy. His mechanics are fine when given time, he still has his arm strength, and still makes the correct reads. His 2 best throws yesetrady were to Gronk in the end zone (TD except for Solder holding) and Gronk into triple coverage were Gronk came down with the ball but could not hold it....those throws imo were Brady at his best. I also saw TB thread the needle to Dobson, who is finally holding onto to those passes. All of this with a hand injury

I now understand the Collie signing. Having Collie, DA and Edelman..and keeping 2 of them on the field every game, are the types of route runners TB loves. Dobson is taking steps forward every game. Thompkins is a nice 5th WR that can make plays. This offense will be ok as long as the OL improves

You see how big is hand was when they zoomed in?  Wow...looked like the pillsbury dough boy hand. No wonder he can even grip the ball. Trolls will be Trollls is all I can say. No way I could ever read the game thread and the board in general is getting harder to read. Gronk need to be held accountable as well. He is rusty and that early pic to me was partly on him. He never attacked the ball. He let it come to him and didnt hold his ground keeping the defender behind him. He is rusty and Brady needs to watch going to him when covered.

If the coaches make the right adjustment during the bye week(scrap the bad plays, add better ones)  this team could kick A ss in the 2nd half. Joshy needs to realize a struggling QB needs a run game. BB needs to stop benching his best Runner. Need to design plays to get KT involved who has dissapeared. The D is a cameleon and will do whats best week to week but the O needs to establish an identity during the bye and we will be fine. I saw all I needed to see. He was lights out in warmups. Good 0 Line play and good playcalling will help and in the 2nd half Brady was making some pretty good throws I thought.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

This team is 6-2 and Brady has not been Brady.

Brady is Brady; with major league receivers; with an O-line.

He has had neither so far this year. Though the receivers may be contributing to the O-line looking bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm on board with this.  The guy's got issues with his throwing hand and still made some very clutch throws down the stretch.  Tom will be fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

He has had neither so far this year. Though the receivers may be contributing to the O-line looking bad.

Not sure how the receivers get faulted for Mankins missing an assignment. This play happened to be great move by dobson and a tremendous throw by brady with pressure in his face. the O-line has been very inconsitent this year.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000270156/Brady-14-yard-TD-pass

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I'm not killing him there Babe, I still like him as the QB.  But he's clearly not been himself for whatever reason - he's telegraphed two INTs the past two weeks and missed some wide open throws - things we're not used to seeing.  That's not Brady being Brady.  His WRs may contibute to it - and the relationship between his WRs not getting open and the O-line not being able to protect him?  Maybe there's some truth to it if that's what you're hiniting at.  I've expected to see improvment on the O side of the ball and I still think it's coming - they'll be more consistent.  But Brady has not looked his sharpest at times - whether hurt, whether it's his WRs or whether there's more to it, I cannot say.     

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Agree somewhat since I have posted that 70% of Brady is probably enough to win games with this team playing complimentary football.  you got around 57-62% yesterday and still got by with a dominating performance by the Defense in the 2nd half.

That said he is producing far below anything close to pro-bowl quality and if he doesn't improve along with the rest of the offense...( mostly OLINE and Play-calling/design...) then this team will continue to be the .500 team it has proven to be the last 4 weeks.

Win one, lose one.  COME ON, poeple open your eyes.  He has been pretty bad.  There is some good mixed in but the glaring facts hit you in the face.....

115 passing yards....?

fumble sack....?

Pick on 1st throw.....?

scuds to edelman on screeen pass and a wide open Gronk 10 yards away....?

Without the HOF resume any objective observer would call this a fair to mediocre game.  You know , Geno Smith looks good on half his throws too but he loses games because of turnovers.  Brady had 2 yesterday.  NOT acceptable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I have concerns, but I still would not want anyone else QBing the Pats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Anyone concerned about Brady needs their head examined.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

If you don't have "concerns" about an oft hit 36 year QB who's prime years he is starting to see in the rear view mirror, then the rose colored glasses have been Super Glue'd on..... Brady isn't done by any means but he is not playing at a level acceptable to HIMSELF or US as fans. Injuries aside, DECISION MAKING has been south of Tony Eason. He definitely deserves a break with an entirely new receiving corps and a offensive line that has been offensive. Lets not get started with the  HORRENDOUS play calling or lack of offensive identity from the WORST OC in football bar none. This team should be a RIDLEY 1st play action team period !!!!

We are halfway through the season  and TB hasn't had ONE game in which he's looks good for more than 2 consecutive drives and this is BEFORE the hand Concerned......YES....Worried.........HELL NO.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

Head examined and the doctor said anyone who has no concerns about ANY 36 year old QB should call him immediately......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm not killing him there Babe, I still like him as the QB.  But he's clearly not been himself for whatever reason

Brady is Brady. The O-line and receivers are a shadow of what has been the norm over his career.

His top 3 starting receivers through the first half of the season had a total of 8 NFL starts before this year, ever. That's ridiculous. That's bush league and mickey mouse GMing.

The O-line has allowed far far more sacks than they have in Brady's entire career at the half-way point.

Nobody could be "themselves" with that surrounding them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

His hand doesn't look good to me, but still he goes out there and does what it takes to win...great player/team leader. Of he had the weapons Manning has, he'd go down as the best quarterback to ever play the game. And if our defense was better a few years ago, he would of joined Montana in the Super Bowl discussion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

...............he is 36 , not ancient like babe but older for NFL Qb standards.....the FACT that we post about people that we don't even know shows our "CONCERN".......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:

If you don't have "concerns" about an oft hit 36 year QB who's prime years he is starting to see in the rear view mirror, then the rose colored glasses have been Super Glue'd on..... Brady isn't done by any means but he is not playing at a level acceptable to HIMSELF or US as fans. Injuries aside, DECISION MAKING has been south of Tony Eason. He definitely deserves a break with an entirely new receiving corps and a offensive line that has been offensive. Lets not get started with the  HORRENDOUS play calling or lack of offensive identity from the WORST OC in football bar none. This team should be a RIDLEY 1st play action team period !!!!

We are halfway through the season  and TB hasn't had ONE game in which he's looks good for more than 2 consecutive drives and this is BEFORE the hand Concerned......YES....Worried.........HELL NO.....

I dont think any of us as casual fans are qualified to question any of the decisions made. the coaching staff and players would know if bad decisions were made vs wrong routes run or poor routes run, but we as fans would not know this. I do believe any decline we might see would be physical first..I think it safe to say, after spending his career in the same system, TB is one of the most cerebral QB's playing, and his decision making hasnt changed in years. what has changed is Hern, Welker, Woody etc are no longer there, and it will take some time adapting. Lets not forget his #1 WR option all summer was Amendola, and his #1 check down option all summer was Vareen...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

His hand doesn't look good to me, but still he goes out there and does what it takes to win...great player/team leader. Of he had the weapons Manning has, he'd go down as the best quarterback to ever play the game. And if our defense was better a few years ago, he would of joined Montana in the Super Bowl discussion.

x1000

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsTxGrl. Show PatsTxGrl's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

This

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

KARP

I am not a fan of ESPN but your frequent analysis here on this board is very useful and your analysis above of TB and his challenges this year is succint.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Remember the old SNL routine with the Bear's fans wearing Ditka mustaches?  Someone asks "if all da Bears are injured and Coach Ditka has to play the game by himself, who wins?"   Ditka

Everytime this team wins while losing more key players, reminds me of that.

Pretty soon it will be just Belichick and Brady.

Bill to Brady as they stand alone on the sidelines, "how's the hand?"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

When the Pats had the ball in Miami territory, with a 20-17 lead, I was begging that Josh would do one of the following 5 things:

1. Keep running the ball, get into FG range, kill the clock.
    2. Keep running the ball, get into FG range, kill the clock.
    3. Keep running the ball, get into FG range, kill the clock.
    4. Keep running the ball, get into FG range, kill the clock.
    5. Keep running the ball, get into FG range, kill the clock.

The team was having success in the ground game, and therefore it just made too much sense. In my heart, I knew 2 these things where going to happen.

1. They'll pass.
    2. Brady will lose it for the Pats.

If not for a fortunate illegal touching of the ball (batting a live ball away). The Pats would have been forced to punt while protecting a slim 3-point lead. After the penalty, the Dolphins quit and the Pats RAN their way to a game-clinching TD.

Since the 2010 loss to the Jets in the playoffs, Brady's struggles were limited to only good defenses. Now decent Ds are stopping him and his accuracy% is near the bottom. Accuracy% treats drops as completions and removes spikes, throwaways, and hit as throwns from pass attempts. Therefore, even without the drops, Brady is terrible.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Is Brady on the back nine? No doubt, but he has plenty left in the tank. He is the least of my "concerns" when it comes to this team.

The number one concern is injuries...period. So far we have found a way to win while missing several of our (BEST) players....but how long can it last?

With Vollmer going down, the list continues to grow, and at some point, it has to have some major effects. One thing for sure....we have no chance at all against horseface without Talib in the secondary....

Sections
Shortcuts