I hope Ryan can play right away

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I hope Ryan can play right away

Weei reporting Dennard arrested for DUI

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: I hope Ryan can play right away

Or at least Ras can stay healthy.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Yeah, I would assume Ras gets the spot if he's healthy.  I was even thinking Ras would start over Dennard this year before this recent incident, with Dennard playing more slot and Arrington backing him up.

Ras will be a stud IF, that is an extremely big if, he can stay healthy.  If he does, I don' think we'll miss Dennard too much if he is cut.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I am thinking based on the AH situation dennard is gone. It looks as though there will be a battle between Ras-I and Ryan for that CB spot. Like you said let's hope Ras-I can stay healthy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Ras can man the other starting spot if healthy, he might have without this arrest anyway, otherwise maybe Ryan or we could always move McCourty back from free safety if Tavon Wilson has improved significantly...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Where does this faith in Ras-I come from? The guy has managed to appear in 8 games in two seasons. He was healthy enough to play at the start of last season (appeared in 6 of the first 7 games) and could not beat out Arrington for a starting spot. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Where does this faith in Ras-I come from? The guy has managed to appear in 8 games in two seasons. He was healthy enough to play at the start of last season (appeared in 6 of the first 7 games) and could not beat out Arrington for a starting spot. 

Well if we don't have faith in Ras staying healthy that means we would have to have faith in a rook CB, or faith in Arrington on the outside.... I think having faith in Ras staying healthy is the lesser of the evils at this point

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I'm pretty sure most people know to temper expectations with this guy because of health.  Hence, the "if" he can stay healthy.  

I'm telling you though, this kid is a stud when healthy.  I've seen him play against VT when he was with UVA and he was shutdown material.  He also impressed in last year's training camp, as well as this year's OTA's, so the potential is certainly there.  He has a large build and is as athletic as they come for a CB, but like we've stated, the big issue is health.  If he's healthy, I'm telling you, he will do well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure most people know to temper expectations with this guy because of health.  Hence, the "if" he can stay healthy.  

I'm telling you though, this kid is a stud when healthy.  I've seen him play against VT when he was with UVA and he was shutdown material.  He also impressed in last year's training camp, as well as this year's OTA's, so the potential is certainly there.  He has a large build and is as athletic as they come for a CB, but like we've stated, the big issue is health.  If he's healthy, I'm telling you, he will do well.

[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree that he was great in college, but if he was so good in last year's training camp, why wasn't he starting week 1 last season over Arrington? He was healthy enough to play in the game. I will believe he is a quality starting NFL CB when I actually see it happen in a regular season game. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I have faith we have options at the #2 corner spot, be it Ras, McCourty, Ryan or another vet they bring in after camp cuts.  

Ras has the talent, if he didn't, than faith would be unwarranted like in the case of Tim Tebow.  Ras has one more training camp and season to show us, beyond that I don't place much stock in making predictions of any kind.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Ras is what we need in the Cb position, a tall and physical CB if he could avoid injuries, we`re ok at corner

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

VT & UVA?  Yeah, pretty much the same talent level of receivers the patsies have in camp.  He likely will dominate in camp until he gets hurt.

[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the same VT that, up until last year,  had 8 consecutive 10+ win seasons?  The team that's ranked in the Top 20 annually?  The team that has had 50+ players drafted in the past decade?  The team that has had 10 receivers drafted in the past decade? The program that was recently ranked in the top 10 for developing NFL talent?  That VT?

What do you think the talent level is at the QB position for the Jets this season?  Ya know, the position that is the most important on the football field.  I would venture to guess that the local high school team could at least match the talent on that depth chart.  Have fun with that buddy!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

What happened to that all world CB the patsies drafted in the first round a few years ago?  Did BB cut him already?

What happened to the all world CB the Jets had?  Traded him for a first round pick?  Do you think you can fetch a better pick than a Vernon Gholston or a Mark Sanchez from this newly acquired pick?  I would be embarrassed if my team botched a 5th and 6th overall pick but maybe you have more pride than me.  To each his own I guess.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I am thinking based on the AH situation dennard is gone. It looks as though there will be a battle between Ras-I and Ryan for that CB spot. Like you said let's hope Ras-I can stay healthy.

I agree with you on this.

Also, I assume this will cause problems with Dennard other legal problem.  Could he have to serve jail time on his other arrest sooner now?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree with you on this.

Also, I assume this will cause problems with Dennard other legal problem.  Could he have to serve jail time on his other arrest sooner now?

[/QUOTE]

Not only can a judge order him to serve him 30days immediately for violating probation but they can have him serve his entire probation period in jail for his violation. Worse case is the judge orders Dennard to jail for 2 yrs to serve his sentence + probation period for probation violation immediately. Best case he was taken in because he refused to do a breatherlizer but without any actually evidence he was under the influence he gets released this morning without a charge so he technically isn't in violation of his probation unless he was actually charged with something 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, I would assume Ras gets the spot if he's healthy.  I was even thinking Ras would start over Dennard this year before this recent incident, with Dennard playing more slot and Arrington backing him up.

Ras will be a stud IF, that is an extremely big if, he can stay healthy.  If he does, I don' think we'll miss Dennard too much if he is cut.

[/QUOTE]

I dont think that Pats are going to pay Arrington $16m to be the back up 3rd CB...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

Well if we don't have faith in Ras staying healthy that means we would have to have faith in a rook CB, or faith in Arrington on the outside.... I think having faith in Ras staying healthy is the lesser of the evils at this point

[/QUOTE]

Maybe BB should start basing his draft selections on reason rather than faith?  This might mean trading up to get solid talent rather than making bets on guys whose future living arrangements include hospital wards and jail cells. 

Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I dont think that Pats are going to pay Arrington $16m to be the back up 3rd CB...

[/QUOTE]

Well, Arrington still beat out Ras-I last year in camp with both we healthy enough to play to start the season so maybe in BB's opinion: Arrington > Dowling.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

We heard similar things about Darius Butler too after he appeared in two or three games.  He and Bodden were going to be a great corner tandem.

Fans do this stuff all the time. For years people were talking about the impact Shawn Crable would have once he got on the field. 

Fantasy football, I guess . . . 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It would be $4M considering the 16 is over 4 years.  Stop being exaggerative.  Nobody suggested he would be the backup 3rd CB for the duration of his contract.   And enough of the condescending "..." at the end of your posts.  It's childish.

If Dowling shines and wins the #2 spot, and Dennard isn't suspended and BB sees him as a better fit at the #3 over Arrington, he will play Dennard.  I doubt BB gives a sh*t about contracts when setting up the lineup and analyzing matchups.  Plus, we know how often teams run out 4 WR sets.  Arrington will play either way and contribute on special teams.  Way to bring in your BB bashing to a thread that had nothing to do with contracts.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It would be $4M considering the 16 is over 4 years.  Stop being exaggerative.  Nobody suggested he would be the backup 3rd CB for the duration of his contract.   And enough of the condescending "..." at the end of your posts.  It's childish.

If Dowling shines and wins the #2 spot, and Dennard isn't suspended and BB sees him as a better fit at the #3 over Arrington, he will play Dennard.  I doubt BB gives a sh*t about contracts when setting up the lineup and analyzing matchups.  Plus, we know how often teams run out 4 WR sets.  Arrington will play either way and contribute on special teams.  Way to bring in your BB bashing to a thread that had nothing to do with contracts.  

[/QUOTE]

Dowling could not beat out Arrington last year in camp, I am not sure why people think this year is going to be different. 

Of course BB cares about contracts, how many time have we heard them talk about "value". $4M for a back-up CB/special teamer is not value.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dowling could not beat out Arrington last year in camp, I am not sure why people think this year is going to be different. 

Of course BB cares about contracts, how many time have we heard them talk about "value". $4M for a back-up CB/special teamer is not value.

[/QUOTE]

BB the GM cares about value.  BB the coach does not care about value when it comes to putting the best players on the field that fit the current scheme or current matchup.  Do you really think that if Dowling, Dennard, and Talib prove to be the best fits to start at the 1-3 CB positions out of training camp, that BB the coach is going to play Arrington over one of these 3 because his backup is making 4M?  BB will put who he feels are the best players into the lineup, regardless of their contract.  

Again, teams consistently roll out 4 WR sets anyway.  Whether Arrington is in the Top 3 is somewhat irrelevant considering he'll be seeing action in 4 WR sets, specific matchups, and on special teams.  

With the compliance of health, this team is deep at CB this year.  We should be thankful.  An embarrassment of riches is not a bad thing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BB the GM cares about value.  BB the coach does not care about value when it comes to putting the best players on the field that fit the current scheme or current matchup.  Do you really think that if Dowling, Dennard, and Talib prove to be the best fits to start at the 1-3 CB positions out of training camp, that BB the coach is going to play Arrington over one of these 3 because his backup is making 4M?  BB will put who he feels are the best players into the lineup, regardless of their contract.  

Again, teams consistently roll out 4 WR sets anyway.  Whether Arrington is in the Top 3 is somewhat irrelevant considering he'll be seeing action in 4 WR sets, specific matchups, and on special teams.  

With the compliance of health, this team is deep at CB this year.  We should be thankful.  An embarrassment of riches is not a bad thing.

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you. I am more saying that if Arrington ends up being the 4th or 5th CB on the depth chart.  I believe Cole plays more special teams than Arrington. They are not going to pay him $4M to sit on the bench for most of the game. They are going to cut him and keep some one cheaper.

I disagree on how deep the CB position is. Dowling is a total unknown in the NFL even if he is healthy. "Compliance of health" as you call it is a big deal with the crew as well. We know about Dowling's problems, but Talib has been injured to end each of the last three seasons.

At this point anything could happen with Dennard. Just getting pulled over for driving erratically at 2am maybe be enough for the judge to revoke his probation and change his sentence. It is a total wait and see thing now.