I hope the media keeps hyping up the Broncos...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I hope the media keeps hyping up the Broncos...

I was just reading an ESPN article. Hasselbeck and Ashley Fox are already picking the Broncos as the most dangerous team in the AFC, with Fox picking them as the SB winners.

I hope it stays this way. If we meet the Broncos in the AFCCG (if we get there...need to take care of business first), it will just be more sweet if we beat them :). 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: I hope the media keeps hyping up the Broncos...

Yup, the media is all over the Broncos... That works just fine for the Patriots, I'm sure that Belichick couldn't be happier about that. I see this being like 2004 when the steelers were 15-1 and everyones pick to win the Super Bowl until the Patriots went in there and crushed them in the AFC Championship game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yup, the media is all over the Broncos... That works just fine for the Patriots, I'm sure that Belichick couldn't be happier about that. I see this being like 2004 when the steelers were 15-1 and everyones pick to win the Super Bowl until the Patriots went in there and crushed them in the AFC Championship game.

[/QUOTE]

It does kind of have that feeling to it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I agree let the experts and media fall all over manning (again) and denver.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

They ALL love Peyton.. It's really such a Mancrush it's pathetic. To them he walks on water! I really don't get, I don't see them in SB though. They seem to forget Peyton's history playing in playoffs and they seem to forget that he had a good team surrounding him in Indy. Unlike Brady who has always had different players and worked with them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

They're hyping the record/number one seed and the QB, who everyone in the media adores.  If we had the number one seed, had won 11 straight, and Denver was middle of the pack, they'd be hyping us.  Like others, I don't mind the Pats flying under the radar.  And I'm not entirely sure if we win, we'll eventually meet the Broncos in Denver - I can envision someone going there and beating them.  Manning's played great I grant you, but of they lost to the few decent teams they played (I realize that was relatively early in their schedule).  I worry more about their D than their QB.  But would anyone be shocked if a team beat them at home in round two? 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They would actually be telling everyone that Brady hasn't beaten anyone in months.

Yeah, I think Baltimore will beat Indy and I can see them causing problems in Denver in 2 weeks.

[/QUOTE]

Except they'll be playing Cincy.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I'm sure they will.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Vegas has the Broncos, too.  5-2 odds.

Pats will beat that team even worse the second time around. Mark it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to laurienyc13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They ALL love Peyton.. It's really such a Mancrush it's pathetic. To them he walks on water! I really don't get, I don't see them in SB though. They seem to forget Peyton's history playing in playoffs and they seem to forget that he had a good team surrounding him in Indy. Unlike Brady who has always had different players and worked with tRents[/QUOTE]

Aren't most of the talking heads experts talking the Broncos defense rather than Manning? 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was just reading an ESPN article. Hasselbeck and Ashley Fox are already picking the Broncos as the most dangerous team in the AFC, with Fox picking them as the SB winners.

I hope it stays this way. If we meet the Broncos in the AFCCG (if we get there...need to take care of business first), it will just be more sweet if we beat them :). 

[/QUOTE]

Media love for Peyton never dies. The Broncos will be the only playoff team that's favored to beat the Patriots.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Tom Brady and a BB coached team always bring their best when they feel they aren't getting the respect they deserve.  If it comes down to Pats and Broncos in an AFC championship game, I can only hope the media and oddsmakers are all heavily favoring Denver. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i love it too, the pats as underdogs are a very dangerous team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If we were to swap the Broncos with the Pats, with the Pats on an 11 game winning streak against the same caliber of losing teams the Broncos faced since their loss to the Pats, all we would hear is how weak the competition was during the Pats winning streak and how they will not survive the playoffs.  BUT, Denver is NOT the Pats, their QB is the love of the media, Peyton Manning and their coach is not Bill Belichick.  Bring on the Pats!!  We know who the better team is!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we were to swap the Broncos with the Pats, with the Pats on an 11 game winning streak against the same caliber of losing teams the Broncos faced since their loss to the Pats, all we would hear is how weak the competition was during the Pats winning streak and how they will not survive the playoffs.  BUT, Denver is NOT the Pats, their QB is the love of the media, Peyton Manning and their coach is not Bill Belichick.  Bring on the Pats!!  We know who the better team is!

[/QUOTE]

what you just said is true, and typical of the media. the donkos are going down, could lose to the dolts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

^ - so sad and obvious, isn't it?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In another aongoing thread we are talking about the effectiveness of the running game. In the earlier game between the Pats and Denver we ran the ball down their throats.

The question is going to be whether we can run it very effectively again (I am not expecting another 250 yards but boy that would be great). If we can I think we win. If they are able to stop the run to the extent we do not use it as a meaningful weapon then it will of course be more difficult.

Being able to run very well will allow greater effectiveness of play action. It will help to slow down some of the pass rush on downs where running is a realistic option.

Having a healthy Gronk and O line will be critical in accomplishing this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

^ add Herny in the lineup and a healthier OL, too!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Love the Pats as underdogs.