I hope this trend doesn't continue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: I hope this trend doesn't continue

The Chiefs and Falcons are also less talented and not as well coached

I'm not saying the Pats will fare any better because there's a chance that the Jets jump out of the gate quick and force the Pats onto their heels, but I think the Falcons and Chiefs had much smaller margins for error

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Also, after watching Matt Ryan todaoy, it's clear that the home crowd and the run game really help cover up his flaws.  Poor Brian Finneran almost got killed twice in the 4th quarter trying to maintain possession after Matty Ice led him into traffic.

And Matt Cassel certainly isn't Tom Brady, especially not with Charlie Weis with a foot out the door already and Todd Haley's ego and hubris

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Doesn't matter how talented you are. If you give up turnovers in the playoffs, you will lose. I'm not saying it will happen, just that it's disconcerting to see the other two best team at not giving up turnovers suddenly do so at such a high rate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davesakiller. Show davesakiller's posts

Not too worried.  Goes to show that the lucky rounds are over.  Now it's all about preparedness and execution and I think we can agree on who has the better track record in that department.  Jets got lucky last week and squeeked by the Colts, I expect to see more turnovers from them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scumion. Show Scumion's posts

The difference between the Pats and Atl/KC is we had an agressive, high powered offense. True, Atlanta was near the top in points scored, but we still scored almost a touchdown per game more than them. And they played a lot of crappy teams. In fact the only teams they scored 30+ points against were a combined 25 wins to 55 loses. (the Pats score 30+ against 5 playoff teams)

And KC we scored 10 points more than them a game.
    It's one thing not to turn the ball over when you're playing the Bengals or the Panthers or handing the ball off 70% of the time. It's another when you're lighting up the top defenses in the NFL week after week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPatsGal. Show NEPatsGal's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a21f30c69-d9e8-42da-b508-37074efc09a3&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:21f30c69-d9e8-42da-b508-37074efc09a3Post:433f499e-f451-4195-ba6c-5e3c626bdc41">I hope this trend doesn't continue:
    [QUOTE]The Chiefs and Falcons gave away the 2nd and 3rd fewest turnovers in the NFL this year...And they gave away 5 and 4 respectively in their playoff match-ups. Let's all hope this trend ends tomorrow and the Pats don't give the Jets any cheap breaks.
    Posted by e4smith[/QUOTE]

I agree. Bob Ryan said probability wise Brady's streak is going to end, it's gone on just too far. I agree. I also agree with him in that, hopefully it will not be too costly when it does or that it does not happen in a crucial part of the game. I felt like they needed to break/end their own turnover streak before the play-offs just so they didn't go in with any false sense of invincibility (which I felt was part of the 07 team's problem), Woodhead turned it over on a run vs. Miami or BUF at the end of the season. Hopefully any fumbles that occur we are able to fall on immediately & any INT thrown the D can cover with a stop, at the most a FG. The only way I see Pats losing this game is if they literally throw it away or refs hand it to them. Hopefully Ed Hochuli & his gang stays at least 500 feet away from Foxboro. 60 minutes & Pats should get the chance to beat PIT in their place this time around. Watching them again, this team reminds me so much of the 2003 (Super Bowl winning) team, other than the D was not top 4 or 5 the entire season. Balanced offense, solid special teams, undefeated at home, 14-2 #1 seed, going to the play-offs on a win streak, a RB with over 1000 rush yards and a timely shut down D when they need stops or turnovers. I believe Paul Perillo comapred them to the 03 team right before they played CIN in week 1, go figure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

i just hope they dont do that amoeba defense that the browns did against us

brady couldnt operate with that, even though he threw 2 tds and no picks he still played bad

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPatsGal. Show NEPatsGal's posts

In Response to Re: I hope this trend doesn't continue:
    [QUOTE]Not too worried.  Goes to show that the lucky rounds are over.  Now it's all about preparedness and execution and I think we can agree on who has the better track record in that department.  Jets got lucky last week and squeeked by the Colts, I expect to see more turnovers from them.
    Posted by davesakiller[/QUOTE]

I agree, Pats no doubt saw how the "Mighty" have fallen. Turnovers is the name of the game, that and the fact that an early lead (Bal @ Pit) means nothing, you play 60 minutes regardless of the score. Atlanta is just not as good a team as Green Bay. Sure the turnovers didn't help, but their Defense was absolutely worthless at tackling and knowing when blitzing was no longer effective. Packers are exactly where they deserve to be with 2 (so far) very convincing wins. I was pulling for Falcons, I for sure would not want to see the Pats in the Bowl against the Packers.

That being said, Jets lukcy charms did show up for one last game of the season in Indy. Look how much running they had to do on a poor run defense to win by 1 point & they were bragging like they did something to beat an Indy team on their last leg. As much as I hate Indy I have to admit this was just not their year. All we ever use to hear was how old Pats D had gotten, especially after every loss, if that is the case Indy's D has got to be right up there as well by now. Time to restock.

Sections
Shortcuts