I HOPE TO GOD, THAT TOM BRADY DOES NOT WIN THE MVP AWARD. Please, give it to Vick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsboy3. Show Patsboy3's posts

I HOPE TO GOD, THAT TOM BRADY DOES NOT WIN THE MVP AWARD. Please, give it to Vick

Football is a game of superstitions, I strongly believe in it and the MVP award is a bad omen to a player's true goal, winning the Superbowl.

Just look at the history of many players that have won this trophy this decade, they have not won it all, even though some made it to the Superbowl. We can go back as far as when the Pats and Tom Brady first won the Superbowl.

During the 3 years Tom Brady won the Superbowls, he was never MVP. Lets look at the list.

2001 MVP Kurt Warner - dubbed greatest show on turf but was really one of the greatest choke on earth. Pats beat Rams in the Superbowl.

2002 MVP Rich Gannon - reached superbowl but lost to Tampa Bay Bucs

2003 MVP Peyton Manning/Steven Mc Nair - beaten by Pats in AFC championship game.

2004 MVP Peyton Manning - No Superbowl, again, lost to Pats

2005 MVP Shawn Alexander(Seahawks) - reached superbowl but lost to Steelers

2006 MVP Ladamian Tomlinson - 14-2 Chargers beaten by Pats

2007 MVP Tom Brady - reached Superbowl but lost to Giants

2008 MVP Peyton Manning - Lost to Chargers

2009 MVP(4th) Peyton Manning - (Geezus, what a fcking Fraud, all these MVP's and only 1 ring) Superbowl appearance but lost to Saints.

There you have it folks, all the evidence right before you, COINCIDENCE or do I have a right to state my claim. During all of Tom Brady's superbowl titles, HE NEVER WON THE MVP AWARD. The one year he won it, he made the Sperbowl and didn't win the title. The same goes for Peyton Manning. He won countless MVP's but couldn't win a title but the year that he didn't win the award, he finally wins a ring. It goes to show you with this award, you may win it and make it to the Superbowl but you will not win the title and get your ring. It carries in the other sports as well, I see the same trend mostly in the NBA. The only players to ever win both are these guys Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Emmitt Smith and Steve Young and I think Brett Favre.  All of them were before the year 2000.

I hear all the talk about Brady or Vick for MVP lately and I was hoping Brady throw for 3 interceptions and have a horrible game today but somehow the Pats had won it on a miraculous 3 point field goal but that wasn't the case. He goes on to set another record, looked flawless and almost invincible and it pretty much tipped the scale for every broadcaster saying that he is a clear cut favorite now. At the same time I was hoping Brady had a bad game, I was wishing that Vick would have another spectacular game where everyone couldn't stop talking about and just pretty much sealed for him the Award.

Fck the MVP award, its bad luck. If Brady wins it folks, mark my words and remember this post, our beloved Pats will not win the Superbowl after this georgous season of tearing through the league. They may end up in the Superbowl but most likely will not win it. Hell, they could even lose it all in the 2nd round hosting a playoff game. I'm really nervous, please football Gods, let Vick get the MVP award.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Re: I HOPE TO GOD, THAT TOM BRADY DOES NOT WIN THE MVP AWARD. Please, give it to Vick

Your data just shows that it's a team sport. One player can't win it all even if he was the mvp. 

No worries, Tom has the benefit of team /coach and organization that can win it behind him unlike those other guys. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Re: I HOPE TO GOD, THAT TOM BRADY DOES NOT WIN THE MVP AWARD. Please, give it to Vick

Brady's always been better as an underdog than as a front-runner. Let Vick have the MVP and let Brady have a rather large chip on his shoulder.

And please let the Pats win another Lombardi!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

And please let the Pats win another Lombardi!

Im down with that. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsboy3. Show Patsboy3's posts

In Response to Re: I HOPE TO GOD, THAT TOM BRADY DOES NOT WIN THE MVP AWARD. Please, give it to Vick:
    Your data just shows that it's a team sport. One player can't win it all even if he was the mvp.  No worries, Tom has the benefit of team /coach and organization that can win it behind him unlike those other guys. 
    Posted by Macrawn

you don't have to tell me twice, if there is one team in this league that truely carry the meaning of "team work", it is our beloved Pats but i'm telling you Mac, he wins it, we don't see our Pats winning the Superbowl, guarantee. I am so wishing that Vick wins this bad luck award.

The award is as bad as the SI jinx and we all know what happened to Tom in 08 when he was put in on the cover before the season started. It was kinda freaky seeing that the knee he had extended in that pic is the one that got injured. How about the Madden curse, you don't think that too is real.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Relax with the superstitions man. Of all the superstitions in the world, the only one I've found accurate with any consistency is that it's bad luck to be superstitious.

That said, it'll give this team motivation. We all know how they love making fools of the press.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In Response to I HOPE TO GOD, THAT TOM BRADY DOES NOT WIN THE MVP AWARD. Please, give it to Vick:
    Football is a game of superstitions, I strongly believe in it and the MVP award is a bad omen to a player's true goal, winning the Superbowl. Just look at the history of many players that have won this trophy this decade, they have not won it all, even though some made it to the Superbowl. We can go back as far as when the Pats and Tom Brady first won the Superbowl. During the 3 years Tom Brady won the Superbowls, he was never MVP. Lets look at the list. 2001 MVP Kurt Warner - dubbed greatest show on turf but was really one of the greatest choke on earth. Pats beat Rams in the Superbowl. 2002 MVP Rich Gannon - reached superbowl but lost to Tampa Bay Bucs 2003 MVP Peyton Manning/Steven Mc Nair - beaten by Pats in AFC championship game. 2004 MVP Peyton Manning - No Superbowl, again, lost to Pats 2005 MVP Shawn Alexander(Seahawks) - reached superbowl but lost to Steelers 2006 MVP Ladamian Tomlinson - 14-2 Chargers beaten by Pats 2007 MVP Tom Brady - reached Superbowl but lost to Giants 2008 MVP Peyton Manning - Lost to Chargers 2009 MVP(4th) Peyton Manning - (Geezus, what a fcking Fraud, all these MVP's and only 1 ring) Superbowl appearance but lost to Saints. There you have it folks, all the evidence right before you, COINCIDENCE or do I have a right to state my claim. During all of Tom Brady's superbowl titles, HE NEVER WON THE MVP AWARD. The one year he won it, he made the Sperbowl and didn't win the title. The same goes for Peyton Manning. He won countless MVP's but couldn't win a title but the year that he didn't win the award, he finally wins a ring. It goes to show you with this award, you may win it and make it to the Superbowl but you will not win the title and get your ring. It carries in the other sports as well, I see the same trend mostly in the NBA. The only players to ever win both are these guys Bart Starr , Terry Bradshaw , Joe Montana , Emmitt Smith and Steve Young and I think Brett Favre .  All of them were before the year 2000.   I hear all the talk about Brady or Vick for MVP lately and I was hoping Brady throw for 3 interceptions and have a horrible game today but somehow the Pats had won it on a miraculous 3 point field goal but that wasn't the case. He goes on to set another record, looked flawless and almost invincible and it pretty much tipped the scale for every broadcaster saying that he is a clear cut favorite now. At the same time I was hoping Brady had a bad game, I was wishing that Vick would have another spectacular game where everyone couldn't stop talking about and just pretty much sealed for him the Award. Fck the MVP award, its bad luck. If Brady wins it folks, mark my words and remember this post, our beloved Pats will not win the Superbowl after this georgous season of tearing through the league. They may end up in the Superbowl but most likely will not win it. Hell, they could even lose it all in the 2nd round hosting a playoff game. I'm really nervous, please football Gods, let Vick get the MVP award.
    Posted by Patsboy3

Yes, but we are not talking about those quarterbacks, we are talking about "Tom Terrific". A big difference here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The only players to ever win both are these guys Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Brett Favre

Since these guys have all done it, why can't Brady? IMO he is as good or better than all these QBs. Red Sox fans for years bemoaned the "Babe Ruth curse", yet the Sox did finally win not only one, but two World Series. As for 2007, it cannot be laid at Tom's feet that they lost the SB. He put the team up by four with three minutes left in the game. This defense (young though they may be) I believe to be better, and they have a knack for coming up with the big play or turnover to kill a drive. If they fail to win it all this season it surely will not be in any way related to whether Tom wins the MVP or not. And I absolutely would be disgusted should Vick win the award after missing games and playing with much more recognized talent around him. As for putting Manning in the mix, that's really not relevant. The reason he has only one ring is because he has a habit of having his worst games in the postseason...after the MVP is awarded. I'd love to see Tom win not only the NFL MVP, but the SB MVP as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gianfran. Show gianfran's posts

In Response to I HOPE TO GOD, THAT TOM BRADY DOES NOT WIN THE MVP AWARD. Please, give it to Vick:
    Football is a game of superstitions, I strongly believe in it and the MVP award is a bad omen to a player's true goal, winning the Superbowl. Just look at the history of many players that have won this trophy this decade, they have not won it all, even though some made it to the Superbowl. We can go back as far as when the Pats and Tom Brady first won the Superbowl. During the 3 years Tom Brady won the Superbowls, he was never MVP. Lets look at the list. 2001 MVP Kurt Warner - dubbed greatest show on turf but was really one of the greatest choke on earth. Pats beat Rams in the Superbowl. 2002 MVP Rich Gannon - reached superbowl but lost to Tampa Bay Bucs 2003 MVP Peyton Manning/Steven Mc Nair - beaten by Pats in AFC championship game. 2004 MVP Peyton Manning - No Superbowl, again, lost to Pats 2005 MVP Shawn Alexander(Seahawks) - reached superbowl but lost to Steelers 2006 MVP Ladamian Tomlinson - 14-2 Chargers beaten by Pats 2007 MVP Tom Brady - reached Superbowl but lost to Giants 2008 MVP Peyton Manning - Lost to Chargers 2009 MVP(4th) Peyton Manning - (Geezus, what a fcking Fraud, all these MVP's and only 1 ring) Superbowl appearance but lost to Saints. There you have it folks, all the evidence right before you, COINCIDENCE or do I have a right to state my claim. During all of Tom Brady's superbowl titles, HE NEVER WON THE MVP AWARD. The one year he won it, he made the Sperbowl and didn't win the title. The same goes for Peyton Manning. He won countless MVP's but couldn't win a title but the year that he didn't win the award, he finally wins a ring. It goes to show you with this award, you may win it and make it to the Superbowl but you will not win the title and get your ring. It carries in the other sports as well, I see the same trend mostly in the NBA. The only players to ever win both are these guys Bart Starr , Terry Bradshaw , Joe Montana , Emmitt Smith and Steve Young and I think Brett Favre .  All of them were before the year 2000.   I hear all the talk about Brady or Vick for MVP lately and I was hoping Brady throw for 3 interceptions and have a horrible game today but somehow the Pats had won it on a miraculous 3 point field goal but that wasn't the case. He goes on to set another record, looked flawless and almost invincible and it pretty much tipped the scale for every broadcaster saying that he is a clear cut favorite now. At the same time I was hoping Brady had a bad game, I was wishing that Vick would have another spectacular game where everyone couldn't stop talking about and just pretty much sealed for him the Award. Fck the MVP award, its bad luck. If Brady wins it folks, mark my words and remember this post, our beloved Pats will not win the Superbowl after this georgous season of tearing through the league. They may end up in the Superbowl but most likely will not win it. Hell, they could even lose it all in the 2nd round hosting a playoff game. I'm really nervous, please football Gods, let Vick get the MVP award.
    Posted by Patsboy3

Popular voting is a dumb way to determine who the best are.  League MVP and Prowl belong in fantasy football.  Winning (aside from some questionable refereeing wrt to the Colts), objectively determines the best.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm not too worried about it.  Don't think Brady will care one way or the other either.  He's going to stay focused on what really matters--that big piece of silver from Tiffany's.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinehurstpf. Show pinehurstpf's posts

I would be more happy with TB being "Super Bowl MVP" again, a little better on the omen front. When is the league MVP announced?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I think this is more indicative of teams that are too dependent on their star players putting up big numbers that they weren't prepared to pick them up when they struggled.

The Giants fumbled twice in the Super Bowl and both times Ahmad Bradshaw out-hustled the Patriots to the ball.

Asante Samuel QUIT COVERING DAVID TYREE forcing Rodney Harrison to come from the other deep half of the field to make the tackle.  He also dropped the game-winning interception.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Fans of conspiracy theory will be amused to know that at least one person -- Tom Powers of the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press -- is convinced that the NFL acquiesced to postponing the Eagles/Vikings clash until Tuesday so easily because it wanted to enhance Michael Vick's ability to put up impressive stats in his quest for the league MVP, on a dry track against the woeful Vikings.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_16944007?nclick_check=1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from qbno12. Show qbno12's posts

I'd take a Super bowl win than MVP.... We want glory !!!  Smile

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexlib. Show lexlib's posts

kurt warner was the mvp during the 1999-2000 and led the team to victory in atlanta during super bowl xxxiv. if there is one who can break the mvp  not winning super bowl, its brady.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Vick winning the MVP would complete a story of perceived redemption, and quite frankly, I'm concerned that too many who actually vote for the honor would not pass that up.  Besides, Tom's a no-brainer HOFer, already has one an MVP (and a ton of other accolades) - so there could be a mindset that "what's the big deal, let's give it to Vick - he AND the NFL need this and it would make a terrific story."  Another thing - Vick winning it would enable him to get more endorsements, thus raising the NFL profile and helping him out of his money issues. 

I'm a homer, I get that.  But the numbers/stats point to a clear winner - TB.  Funny thing is, I really don't think TB could give two figs if he wins or not.  Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Manning gets an appreciable number of votes.  I think TBs been around the block enough times to know an MVP doesn't really mean much - now, the Lombardi Trophy?  That's another story - GO PATS!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: I HOPE TO GOD, THAT TOM BRADY DOES NOT WIN THE MVP AWARD. Please, give it to Vick:
    I'm not too worried about it.  Don't think Brady will care one way or the other either.  He's going to stay focused on what really matters--that big piece of silver from Tiffany's.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

I would definitely not be worried about it. Let's see, TB was the MVP in 2007 and came within one of the luckiest catches in the history of the SB of also winning it. I will take my chances again on that. Superstition is way overrated. And besides, what does that say about our confidence in TB? He is playing better than ever, and MVP or not, I think he can win the SB, period.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Would this be considered Concerned Trolling?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I don't care who wins the MVP really. I want one trophy. Until then let's win the next game(with our starters benched 2nd half) and go one game at a time. It's been a heck of a year so far.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Not worried, TB is level headed enough so it doensn't jinnx him. I'd rather he keep playing the way he is instead of tanking it so he doesn't win the MVP, its out of his control anyway. Should we just dismiss all the great things he's done this season in leading his team to the best record in the league?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I don't believe in these kinds of things, Brady for MVP, Pats win the Superbowl. That is what I want to see! Superstition or not, he deserves the MVP and with the way our team is playing, we are superbowl bound!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Nope, you see that list you named that had all the MVPs and SB award winners? TOM DESERVES TO BE ON THE FU*KING LIST!!! It's another thing that Tom will go down in history as being better than Peyton Manning. 

Tom deserves it, give it to him. Next year the media will force the MVP on Peyton, might as well take advantage of his poor play and take the MVP this year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

Brady's been doing his thing for 10 years,3 Super Bowls  a couple of SB MVP's A model citizen on and of the field,clean as a wistle.Than you have Vick NEED I SAY ANY MORE it goes down hill from here,once a punk always a punk! he wants a dog why so he can stick pins in it every night

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Patsboy - I don't get your logic.  You adequately identify that MVP's (including Brady) don't win superbowls, but then call Manning a fraud for winning the award and not the superbowl.  Take off the glasses.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Tom doesn't care if he wins it or not. HE has his eye on a bigger prize.

Go Pats. Let's get a SB win this year.

Sections
Shortcuts