I just don't get it ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I just don't get it ??

Del Rusty/ Leon or whatever his newest name is, yeah....But how the hell can any objective football fan blame Brady for Lloyd slowing down.

The only argument I have read so far is "he threw it too the wrong shoulder"  W T F!!!!

YOU THROW A BOMB TO AN AREA, NOT A SHOLDER.  Wake the F up Haters.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: I just don't get it ??

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Del Rusty/ Leon or whatever his newest name is, yeah....But how the hell can any objective football fan blame Brady for Lloyd slowing down.

The only argument I have read so far is "he threw it too the wrong shoulder"  W T F!!!!

Rusty's sickness has overcome what ever common sense he might have had.
    He kind of reminds me of that creep that shot up the Denver movie theater, thinking he was the joker.  Smart guy but his sickness took over.
    Probably planning his next TB bashing as we speak.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

He kind of reminds me of that creep that shot up the Denver movie theater, thinking he was the joker.  Smart guy but his sickness took over.

[/QUOTE]

Thing is pezz I've seen like 4 posters going in this direction, seems too be mainly the BJGE lovers. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thing is pezz I've seen like 4 posters going in this direction, seems too be mainly the BJGE lovers. 

[/QUOTE]  Or the Rusty lovers!  LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

For that particular play, the ball was thrown on the side away from the defender - in which case it was the "right" throw for Brady to make AND it was Lloyd who made a pretty darn good catch because it turned him around.  If the ball was thrown on the side of the shoulder, the ball may have been intercepted.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

For that particular play, the ball was thrown on the side away from the defender - in which case it was the "right" throw for Brady to make AND it was Lloyd who made a pretty darn good catch because it turned him around.  If the ball was thrown on the side of the shoulder, the ball may have been intercepted.

Not that one anonymis.  The paly your discribing was a thing of beauty.  I'm talking about the incompleted Bomb (that would of been a TD) on the 4th play of the game.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

The Pats sytem is predicated on throwing the ball where the defenders aren't, and the receiver and QB being on the same page. GO watch that play, if he throws it over his right shoulder, he's giving the safety a chance to make a play. If Lloyd straightens out the route, as he should have, he walks in, untouched.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Rusty's posts are mostly about Rusty.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I really truly believe someone needs to drive a Buick into me because I actually agree that the pass was bad...death by GM's most pathetic car line seems about right for agreeing with Rusty. No?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really truly believe someone needs to drive a Buick into me because I actually agree that the pass was bad...death by GM's most pathetic car line seems about right for agreeing with Rusty. No?

[/QUOTE

Don't make me get my 60 Corvair out of the gararge.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Llyod is fine and Brady is fine. They will no doubt make some great plays this year.

Brady is off more often than I'd like with his throws but he still converts more than 65% of his passes. He does err on the side away from the defender sometimes and face it is not the best deep passer.

He does however make good decisions and quick reads on the defense and certainly can consider more recievers on a given play than most QB's.

Every QB has imperfections, with Brady's particular tendencies...to get the ball in the vicinity of the reciever..maybe not the right shoulder Llyod is actually a really good match, he seems to have a cat - like ability to adjust and twist to grab everything near him.

that play aside...I think they will be a good combo.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

How long till ignore is working again? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I DVR'd the game, and I have watched the play several times, both in slow motion and at game speed. I cannot tell who was at fault, but those claiming that if Lloyd had simply kept running he would have caught the ball need lessons in geometry.

Lloyd was not simply running UP the field, he was also trending IN toward the goal post. The throw from Brady, however, was trending OUT toward the flag. If Lloyd had simply continued running at full speed, the trajectories would have crossed: Lloyd would not have even touched the ball; it would have hit the ground a yard BEHIND him.

This doesn't mean that Brady was at fault, however. None of us on this site have insight as to how the play was drawn up. If Lloyd ran the route improperly (too aggressively toward the inside safety), then Brady cannot be blamed. Conversely, if the play was intended to go to the post, then it was an errant throw by the QB.

Either way, it's much ado about nothing. These two were playing a meaningful game for the first time, and already Lloyd looks light years ahead of Ocho. This will be a dynamic pairing.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

Thank you. That makes at least 2 other honest fans on this topic.  Keep hin mind, TCal is one to drop in one liners that read "BJGE blows", etc.  If anyone wants a troll, look no further.

Worship Brady in an unhealthy way on your own time.

Get it right Leon it's Maroney Lite.  Why are you so concerned about a player that BB thought so little of?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Listen Brady showed have throw it in the direction Lloyd was trailing (inside) but overall Brady put it in an area Lloyd could make a play on it and one he could have caught it in stride (though an in stride catch would have increased the difficult of the catch. Over the back shoulder catches in stride look easy but are incredible difficult esp to the outside shoulder). All in all not the best throw but certainly a makable catch.

Lloyd was trailing inside and could have made an over the back shoulder catch but decided to try for the easier and safer attempt of getting the full view of the ball and catching it into his body. He unintentionally made it more difficult by slowing up while tracking the ball before turning and back pedaling. If he took an extra normal stride or two instead of slowing up just past getting by the S but before turning to back pedal he would have the extra 2-3' for the ball to land on the numbers. Though not the best decision to slow up if the ball was thrown to his inside shoulder instead of his outside shoulder he wouldn't have had to turn and back pedal to make it an easier catch and could adjust to it inside in stride

In the end nether is to blame and it didn't affect the game so stop trying to assign blame and nitpick 1 long play that 7 out of ten times Brady would either throw to the inside shoulder or Lloyd wouldn't slow up before adjusting to the catch

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

Thank you. That makes at least 2 other honest fans on this topic.  Keep hin mind, TCal is one to drop in one liners that read "BJGE blows", etc.  If anyone wants a troll, look no further.

Worship Brady in an unhealthy way on your own time.
    What? Is this somehow YOUR time we're all here on???

Yeah, Brady had a pretty bad day, only completing 74.2% of his passes, throwing 2 TD's, 0 INT's, 236 yards and earning a rating of 117 in a game where they actually ran it more than they threw it. Just awful. I wonder if we could get anything for this guy & cut our losses

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

And another thing ... Brady can't run the bootleg or scramble for a first down like Vick.  McD probably has a half-dozen plays in his playbook that he simply can't use with TB at QB.
    I sure hope BB is prepared to draft a QB in the first round.  Anything less than a SB every year is simply unacceptable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

We scored points every quarter.
    We scored TDs in 3 out of 4 quarters.
    We were +2 on turnovers ( none for us ).
    We had a slight edge in time of possesion.

Do we really need to worry about 1 missed long pass?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Football passes made simple-

If the ball sails over the receiver it's the QB's fault.  If it goes in the dirt, it's the QB's fault.  If at any time the ball is in a place where the receiver could not have gotten his hands on it than it's the QB's fault.  Also if the ball hits a defender it's the QB's fault.

If the ball is in a place where the receiver could get his hands on it than its the receivers fault.  

At no time, could a ball EVER hit a receiver in the hands and it not be their responsibility to catch it.

Also, if any of this is news to you, than you are impossibly ritarded and should quit your life and stop watching football.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Football passes made simple-

If the ball sails over the receiver it's the QB's fault.  If it goes in the dirt, it's the QB's fault.  If at any time the ball is in a place where the receiver could not have gotten his hands on it than it's the QB's fault.  Also if the ball hits a defender it's the QB's fault.

If the ball is in a place where the receiver could get his hands on it than its the receivers fault.  

At no time, could a ball EVER hit a receiver in the hands and it not be their responsibility to catch it.

Also, if any of this is news to you, than you are impossibly ritarded and should quit your life and stop watching football.

What if the WR is looking inside and just turning into his route when the QB nails him on the outside shoulder?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

...and if the WR slows down, turns his entire body to face the QB then leaps for a 40+ yard bomb it obviously means one thing, we would of won the Super Bowl if we handed off to Maroney lite 35 time a game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Oh, one other thing.  The Patriots won due too Ridley's running.  Never ever did we win a game on Maroney Lite's running.