I just realized...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I just realized...

If we win this Super Bowl, all the talk will be about having gotten "revenge" for '07. There will be few storylines about the inspiration drawn from Myra Kraft. There might be some mention of how this defense fought through adversity, but probably not much. More likely, analysts will be marveling over the fact that the 31st ranked pass defense won the Super Bowl.

A large part of the postgame questions won't be about this season. It will be about '07.

We will never be allowed to forget that game, even after a fresh new Super Bowl win.

Sometimes, I really hate the media. Any one else think this will happen?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: I just realized...

In Response to I just realized...:
    If we win this Super Bowl, all the talk will be about having gotten "revenge" for '07. There will be few storylines about the inspiration drawn from Myra Kraft. There might be some mention of how this defense fought through adversity, but probably not much. More likely, analysts will be marveling over the fact that the 31st ranked pass defense won the Super Bowl. A large part of the postgame questions won't be about this season. It will be about '07. We will never be allowed to forget that game, even after a fresh new Super Bowl win. Sometimes, I really hate the media. Any one else think this will happen?
    Posted by kevin13130

If the Pats win the game, I'd have to quote Rhett Butler, "Frankly, Scarlett, I don't give a damn."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to I just realized...:
    If we win this Super Bowl, all the talk will be about having gotten "revenge" for '07. There will be few storylines about the inspiration drawn from Myra Kraft. There might be some mention of how this defense fought through adversity, but probably not much. More likely, analysts will be marveling over the fact that the 31st ranked pass defense won the Super Bowl. A large part of the postgame questions won't be about this season. It will be about '07. We will never be allowed to forget that game, even after a fresh new Super Bowl win. Sometimes, I really hate the media. Any one else think this will happen?
    Posted by kevin13130

nah, I think the story will start with Kraft and his pre-season negotiations, the death of his wife, highlights from the regular season, the missed FG, and the finale will be highlights from the SB win......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In Response to Re: I just realized...:
    In Response to I just realized... : nah, I think the story will start with Kraft and his pre-season negotiations, the death of his wife, highlights from the regular season, the missed FG, and the finale will be highlights from the SB win......
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

That's certainly the hope. But all the talk right now is about SB42 and revenge. There has been little talk of what has happened with Robert and Myra Kraft.

I guess I am just not as optimistic about the media that they will turn the headlines around from "revenge" to sacrifice and fighting through adversity, which is what I think this season has really been about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if they win, than ill be thrilled, dont let the past water down the excitement

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

That was then, and this is now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

u know someone will try and throw in spygate somewhere, probably M. Faulk for the Rams loss a decade ago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In Response to Re: I just realized...:
    That was then, and this is now.
    Posted by mighty2012

I know. I'm just going to very annoyed if they bring up '07 if we win. How about we focus on 2011?

Sections
Shortcuts