I just watched all the tape I could find on new RB James White and...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Re: I just watched all the tape I could find on new RB James White and...

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

... I think he could potentially see the field very early.

I'll be honest, I was kinda "meh" about this pick when it came down... but after watching his tape, I really like his style of  play.

He's not an overly powerful kid, or a true homerun threat, but he consistently runs with good vision and patience, is elusive at the point with his north south/slashing style, he runs with good pad level and has that natural leverage, he has a solid build, despite being a smaller back (5-9 204)and is really developed in the lower half, he shows the ability to rip off chunk plays and has good play speed, he shows natural hands out of the backfield and could play on 1st, 2nd or 3rd downif he continues to develop in pass-pro (willing and able in that area)... though that's always something that young backs will always have to work on.

He also protects the football, with (2) fumbles in 754 career touches and reportedly is a solid kid off the field.

Overall, you have to love that he was ultra-productive, despite not being a full-time starter for his entire career (a lot of RB talent in Madison recently).

[/QUOTE]

I watched maybe half his tape that is available (plan on watching the rest later because I found it enjoyable). He looks like a decent player - he's got great vision, he looks pretty thick for a small guy, he breaks some tackles and he cuts very nicely. White does play behind a very good run blocking line, but when he had to, he squeezed through some tight spots to slither ahead for some really good gains. I think he runs with a better pad level and balance than the smaller back from Arizona...I wouldn't put him in Sankey's class, or Mason's, but for where we got him I like the pick.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Rusty, I thought you said I was just "jumping on the bandwagon" regarding White? It appears that I thought he was pretty good right after we drafted him - funny you said you were the first one on the James White bandwagon, yet you are nowhere to be found on this thread??

[/QUOTE]

I will bounce the draft day thread on white.  You basically mirror my exact comments.

The difference is, i didn't wait for ivan fears's opinion like you.

You simply cannot think for yourself which is a sign on insecurity and weakness.

[/QUOTE]

You've been served again kid.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would be thrilled if EITHER Vereen OR White end up being as good a player as Faulk. Too many fans put too much stock in pure numbers. THere are backs who get more touches and many of those touches are pedestrian - touches that any decent player would give you the same (or better) production with. If you look at how many IMPORTANT plays Faulk had each game you would find a pretty good rate. Especially if you make sure to count key pass blocking that helped TB complete a pass.

Of course we all rightly value a guy who can get a good number more touches and still has a high rate of key and big plays. But dont under value a Kevin Faulk. It does not eliminate the need for a second RB taking much of the heavy lifting of the running game but as I said, Faulk was a strong key to our offense.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I don't think I'm undervaluing Faulk at all and think saying White can put up Faulk type of numbers is more a compliment towards White than an insult towards Faulk. As for Vereen, he was a 2nd round pick! A 2nd round pick you should expect good numbers from him and saying you expect a 2nd round pick to put up Faulk numbers is actually a compliment to Faulk considering you expect a 2nd rounder to be an eventual starter with the talent to get close if not up to a probowl level at once in their career.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

... I think he could potentially see the field very early.

I'll be honest, I was kinda "meh" about this pick when it came down... but after watching his tape, I really like his style of  play.

He's not an overly powerful kid, or a true homerun threat, but he consistently runs with good vision and patience, is elusive at the point with his north south/slashing style, he runs with good pad level and has that natural leverage, he has a solid build, despite being a smaller back (5-9 204)and is really developed in the lower half, he shows the ability to rip off chunk plays and has good play speed, he shows natural hands out of the backfield and could play on 1st, 2nd or 3rd downif he continues to develop in pass-pro (willing and able in that area)... though that's always something that young backs will always have to work on.

He also protects the football, with (2) fumbles in 754 career touches and reportedly is a solid kid off the field.

Overall, you have to love that he was ultra-productive, despite not being a full-time starter for his entire career (a lot of RB talent in Madison recently).

[/QUOTE]

I watched maybe half his tape that is available (plan on watching the rest later because I found it enjoyable). He looks like a decent player - he's got great vision, he looks pretty thick for a small guy, he breaks some tackles and he cuts very nicely. White does play behind a very good run blocking line, but when he had to, he squeezed through some tight spots to slither ahead for some really good gains. I think he runs with a better pad level and balance than the smaller back from Arizona...I wouldn't put him in Sankey's class, or Mason's, but for where we got him I like the pick.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Rusty, I thought you said I was just "jumping on the bandwagon" regarding White? It appears that I thought he was pretty good right after we drafted him - funny you said you were the first one on the James White bandwagon, yet you are nowhere to be found on this thread??

[/QUOTE]

I will bounce the draft day thread on white.  You basically mirror my exact comments.

The difference is, i didn't wait for ivan fears's opinion like you.

You simply cannot think for yourself which is a sign on insecurity and weakness.

[/QUOTE]

Yes please do, there were other threads I could of brought up as well...one where I agreed with MB that he reminds me of Emmitt Smith a little bit...obviously I'm not comparing him directly to Smith, but that's who he kind of reminds me of.

So yeah, pull them up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

I checked, Doug has no draft day thread on White. What a liar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to ronk1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I absolutely do.  I will check back and bump it when i get off the road here.

you think i would say i would bump a thread that i did not create?

Be prepared to be embarrassed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

now if the Oline could block maybe this kid could do something, any news on how that unit looks in camp

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

To be fair to Rusty, and  can't believe I'm saying to be fair to Rusty, but he's been banned so many times the thread might have been completely deleted. That's the thing about getting banned so often you can't prove or disprove most of what he says so he can make anything up and you can't prove it wrong without others remembering the same thing. Then again knowing it's Rusty he most likely started a thread about every rook saying how we should bow down to BB for finding a guaranteed HoFer in "x" round of the draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No he does, it's a few posts long, written after all the draft followers filled him in on White.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to KyleCleric1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's been my assessment of him as a Penn St fan.

[/QUOTE]

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Landau fellow psu fan, very rare here, was very glad ob did such a good job cleaning up that mess. It was so sad to see what happened there

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

To be on the field on 3rd down hE WIll have block

With  Blount gone, he will be on the team, and bb does run rotations,with the pounding backs taking such a pounding that it makes good sense. And with the devaluation of rbs in the draft the nominal 4th round is misleading

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No he does, it's a few posts long, written after all the draft followers filled him in on White.

[/QUOTE]

False. I started threads on each pick almost every pick. For example, one thread was entitled "Big Center: Stork"....These were all started mere minutes after the pick as a way to discuss what everyone felt of every player chosen.

I didn't wait whatsoever.

As you can see by the White thread I just bumped to expose Ronk1, I clearly had the analysis nailed well before you did.

You have just started coming on here chirping up in recent days because you saw Fears raving about him, so that made you feel comfortable in doing so here as a fraud fan who needs his hand held, unable to think for himself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

To be fair to Rusty, and  can't believe I'm saying to be fair to Rusty, but he's been banned so many times the thread might have been completely deleted. That's the thing about getting banned so often you can't prove or disprove most of what he says so he can make anything up and you can't prove it wrong without others remembering the same thing. Then again knowing it's Rusty he most likely started a thread about every rook saying how we should bow down to BB for finding a guaranteed HoFer in "x" round of the draft.

[/QUOTE]

That's just the problem.  You are a troll and no troll is ever fair to me here as a diehard fan. That's why you are a troll.

The constant lying as well as changing words out from original quotes are hallmarks of troll work here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

False. I started threads on each pick almost every pick. For example, one thread was entitled "Big Center: Stork"....These were all started mere minutes after the pick as a way to discuss what everyone felt of every player chosen.

I didn't wait whatsoever.

As you can see by the White thread I just bumped to expose Ronk1, I clearly had the analysis nailed well before you did.

You have just started coming on here chirping up in recent days because you saw Fears raving about him, so that made you feel comfortable in doing so here as a fraud fan who needs his hand held, unable to think for himself.

[/QUOTE]

False, this is what I do...I watch the tape and make an opinion based off what I see (right or wrong). With White I noticed that his footwork was exceptional, he could plant a foot in the ground and not lose ANY momentum - in fact he seems to gain speed in the process, just like Emmitt Smith used to. White easily was able to bounce plays outside and looked pretty good going up the middle - not powerful - but he wasn't getting thrown back either. Which is more than I could say when watch Vereen come out of Cal, and certainly more than I could say for Vereen during his rookie season before the training staff had him build up his leg strength a bit. 

I don't think with White we are talking about the next Emmitt Smith, however:(. From what I've read White is pretty much maxed out in the size department based off his frame, and by looking at his shoulder width I'd say that may be spot on. My god is he small across the shoulders, his helmet looks wider than he is. His legs do look big, but not as big as some power backs - I'd say White has done a nice job filling himself out as best he can, but it looks like he has maxed out. So will he be able to be a lead runner? Yikes, very tough question, because at least to me he looks more capable of it than Vereen, but that's not saying much. Compared to Emmitt, White just doesn't have that bulk...that sand in his pants. Smith looked like a naturally big guy for a smaller man in stature - he had shoulders...some arm length, I'm not sure White does. It all depends on just how strong those legs are and how those small hands and shorter arms can hold onto the ball, but if they can?? Wow, I think he'll be good, I mean real real good. Good like we haven't had around here in a long time at that spot. Dynamic. The type of impact that Curtis Martin had on this offense when he was young - a guy that never had to come off the field - and a guy defenses had to put 8 men in the box to stop. I would love to see that. We will find out very quickly if he's that type of guy...probably five minutes into the first preseason game when he gets met by a linebacker up the middle...if he goes down as easily as Vereen did his rookie year, we will have our answer. I'm willing to bet we are going to like the results.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

That's just the problem.  You are a troll and no troll is ever fair to me here as a diehard fan. That's why you are a troll.

The constant lying as well as changing words out from original quotes are hallmarks of troll work here.

Oh, no you didn't?  You just admitted you're a troll.

Cuz that's what trolls do. lie and change words.

Why do you always accuse others of what you, yourself do?

Isn't there a psycho word for that?

Yup, I'm sure there is.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

I absolutely do.  I will check back and bump it when i get off the road here.

you think i would say i would bump a thread that i did not create?

Be prepared to be embarrassed.

[/QUOTE]

Why would you be on the road?  Scraping up dinner?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, no you didn't?  You just admitted you're a troll.

Cuz that's what trolls do. lie and change words.

Why do you always accuse others of what you, yourself do?

Isn't there a psycho word for that?

Yup, I'm sure there is.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

ROFL, did Rusty say I'm a troll because I'm not fair to him? Is that honestly what defines a troll to him? Wow, talk about an egotist. I love to see him point out one instance I ever changed a quote and when I use to pull quotes that he said, caught in a lie, I posted links to the original thread in which the quote was pulled from another persons post quoting him. Unless he thinks I could somehow hack into someone else's account just to change a quote to make him look bad. Then again I have him on ignore so it would be hard to do so.  Wow I mean wow he needs some serious help. Honestly this might be a case BDC needs to get involved with the right people and track him down to offer some help.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

Actually, Doug's post came in 3 hours earlier than mbeaulieu107's post (which mthurl posted his opinion in).

Both of them are luke warm in their thoughts on White. The word nice player/nice pick was used by both. Which is hardly bandwagon material (IMHO).

I believe mbeaulieu107 is the true 1st to the wagon winner, although his post was later than Doug's his words are more glowing and predictive of what we have seen so far in camp...all 5 practices worth.

So, as usual we have two posters arguing and both came to the gunfight with knives....what a shock!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Section136's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually, Doug's post came in 3 hours earlier than mbeaulieu107's post (which mthurl posted his opinion in).

Both of them are luke warm in their thoughts on White. The word nice player/nice pick was used by both. Which is hardly bandwagon material (IMHO).

I believe mbeaulieu107 is the true 1st to the wagon winner, although his post was later than Doug's his words are more glowing and predictive of what we have seen so far in camp...all 5 practices worth.

So, as usual we have two posters arguing and both came to the gunfight with knives....what a shock!

[/QUOTE]

Well I think the difference is this...Doug claims to be the first on the bandwagon and all I claimed was that there was some nice things written about him at camp, that's it. Then Doug came into the thread saying I "jumped on the bandwagon". So initially for me it had nothing to do with bandwagons, it was just about a player I was excited about from the moment they drafted him (sorry I didn't start a thread about it immediately, to stake some kind of claim in bandwagonville).

And I wouldn't really call my comments "luke warm", it's just that I really don't know what to think of White, he hasn't played in a game yet, but I like hearing Fears talk glowingly about him because I don't recall him saying stuff like that before.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Thank you.  Mt hurl is a pathological liar.  Even when i bump the original thread, he still tries to deflect.

Even yesterday i read a vereen comparison but there was also a mention of white possibly as a 3 down back which is ridley's current role for argument sake.

Mt hurl either bashes anything that bb does or puts a wet blanket on it immediately.

I think rkrap and he are related.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank you.  Mt hurl is a pathological liar.  Even when i bump the original thread, he still tries to deflect.

Even yesterday i read a vereen comparison but there was also a mention of white possibly as a 3 down back which is ridley's current role for argument sake.

[/QUOTE]

Your response doesn't line up with what this post is trying to say. Why didn't you just write...yesterday I bought a new stainless steel dishwasher...thing is beautiful...you should see the way it matches the fridge and stove. Wonderful, just wonderful.

This would almost make more sense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well I think the difference is this...Doug claims to be the first on the bandwagon and all I claimed was that there was some nice things written about him at camp, that's it. Then Doug came into the thread saying I "jumped on the bandwagon". So initially for me it had nothing to do with bandwagons, it was just about a player I was excited about from the moment they drafted him (sorry I didn't start a thread about it immediately, to stake some kind of claim in bandwagonville).

And I wouldn't really call my comments "luke warm", it's just that I really don't know what to think of White, he hasn't played in a game yet, but I like hearing Fears talk glowingly about him because I don't recall him saying stuff like that before.

[/QUOTE]

Taking the whole bandwagon thing out of the equation, I thought both posts (you and Doug) were responsibly optimistic. Actually, that's my take on your posts in general. optimistic, as a fan should be but not brainwashed, as some are. I probably could have posted without using sarcasm but I was frustrated by the trend here the last 4 - 6 weeks. Interesting topics brought up and then hijacked or derailed by personal pissing contests. A lot of posters here that I really enjoy have even gotten sucked into it. I was sucked into it in a post about Alzheimer's. SMH.

I laugh when a thread get's all heated and childish and someone like ghost or atj pop in with a rational comment about the original subject.

Anyway, have a good day hurl - see you in the funny papers!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Taking the whole bandwagon thing out of the equation, I thought both posts (you and Doug) were responsibly optimistic. Actually, that's my take on your posts in general. optimistic, as a fan should be but not brainwashed, as some are. I probably could have posted without using sarcasm but I was frustrated by the trend here the last 4 - 6 weeks. Interesting topics brought up and then hijacked or derailed by personal pissing contests. A lot of posters here that I really enjoy have even gotten sucked into it. I was sucked into it in a post about Alzheimer's. SMH.

I laugh when a thread get's all heated and childish and someone like ghost or atj pop in with a rational comment about the original subject.

Anyway, have a good day hurl - see you in the funny papers!

[/QUOTE]

Got it and I understand I go back and forth with him, but truthfully that stuff was going on long before I joined the board. When I first got here I saw that stuff happening all the time and I just passed right over it until I reached a post I found to be meaningful. I imagine 80% of the posters around here do the same when rusty and I fight. I do apologize for getting into it with him, but I just find it impossible not to because of the simple fact that his sole purpose is to act the way he does. I know many don't post here anymore because of him - and I've also seen the problems he has caused on other forums on boston.com. If everyone put him on ignore I'd consider going along, but as it is right now he treats it as his job to spread lies about me and I feel like I need to defend myself...others feel the same.

Sections
Shortcuts