I kinda feel bad for Billy O'Blivious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I kinda feel bad for Billy O'Blivious

NOT!!!  I hope he and Penn State get ****** in the ***.  Poetic justice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Re: I kinda feel bad for Billy O'Blivious

I love how his D got 4 turnovers...and the offensive mastermind was able to turn those into 3 points...the 4th quarter of that game was great.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Yikes... Hey obie, don't worry  ... Try the COCO the monkey imitation , it's worked for you... People in new England seemed to go for it...

They thought you were the man for getting in Brady s face even though it was you making the bonehead call...  Hey maybe you can pick up a talent like tiquan Underwood to help out your coaching staff.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I am fairly sure it was obvious BB was happy to get O'Brien out of town in favor of bringing McDaniels back. 

I know everyone wants to work their way to the top, but how many BB disciples have risen and then fallen oh so quickly?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It amazes me how fans are so down on a guy who put offenses on the field that were 1st and 3rd in points per game in the two years he was here.  Predictability was at least as much a consequence of the lack of diversity in talent as it was in BB's playcalling.  

At Penn State he's starting a lot of walk-ons since that program is in disarray for obvious reasons.  

BB likes McDaniels and probably is happy to get him back, but people seem to forget that BB promoted O'Brien after 2010.  I do think McDaniels is more creative than O'Brien, but O'Brien's offenses were at the top of the league, despite a lack of diversity and depth in talent.  

Sorry guys, but the real problem in the playoffs was a backfield of mediocrities like Woodhead and BJGE and the complete lack of any kind of decent perimeter receiver. That and an O-line that was inconsistent (mostly because of injuries late in the season). 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

I am fairly sure it was obvious BB was happy to get O'Brien out of town in favor of bringing McDaniels back. 

I know everyone wants to work their way to the top, but how many BB disciples have risen and then fallen oh so quickly?

At the cost of losing Moss .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Oh yeah......Moss, what has that guy done sicne then?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

It amazes me how fans are so down on a guy[O'Brien] who put offenses on the field that were 1st and 3rd in points per game in the two years he was here.  Predictability was at least as much a consequence of the lack of diversity in talent[players] as it was in BB's playcalling.  

At Penn State he's starting a lot of walk-ons since that program is in disarray for obvious reasons.  

BB likes McDaniels and probably is happy to get him back, but people seem to forget that BB promoted O'Brien after 2010.  I do think McDaniels is more creative than O'Brien, but O'Brien's offenses were at the top of the league, despite a lack of diversity and depth in talent.  

Sorry guys, but the real problem in the playoffs was a backfield of mediocrities like Woodhead and BJGE and the complete lack of any kind of decent perimeter receiver. That and an O-line that was inconsistent (mostly because of injuries late in the season). 

So what are you trying to say? First it's O'Brien who puts guys on the field then you say the players are diverse(essentially not good enough) and then you say BB calls the plays. I think you're confused.

BJGE was fine, he complinetary backs were the problem. Our receivers were fine if Gronk wasn't injured. The O-Line sucked because the run game couldn't make our passing game better in that game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to freediro comment:

So what are you trying to say? First it's O'Brien who puts guys on the field then you say the players are diverse(essentially not good enough) and then you say BB calls the plays. I think you're confused.

BJGE was fine, he complinetary backs were the problem. Our receivers were fine if Gronk wasn't injured. The O-Line sucked because the run game couldn't make our passing game better in that game. 

Typo . . . BB should have been BO'B.

Diversity and quality are two different things.  Our TEs and Welker are all great players.  But there are only three of them and all of them are best in shorter routes, which means safeties can focus on the area near the LOS and not worry too much about the deep part of the field or the sidelines. 

BJGE and Woodhead are mediocre.  Ridley appears to be much better, but he was still learning last year.  The rest of the backs were non-factors.  

The offense last year was far too dependent on four guys (Branch, Welker, Hern, and Gronk)--and that wasn't just because of play calling; it was because there wasn't a lot of talent behind those guys.  In fairness to O'Brien, he did a pretty good job with an offense that lacked diversity and depth in talent, even if it did have a few great players among its starters. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Are you serious, how many other teams have the type of talent as the Pats. Even GB and NO don't have the talent we have at the receving positions. Most 5th and 6th options play little to no role in how good a team is, unless because of injuries.

OB couldn't do a better job with what he had and I like how McDaniels is already shaking up what OB did.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

The Pats offense succeeded INSPITE of OB.  Except ofcourse against teams with good defenses.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

It amazes me how fans are so down on a guy who put offenses on the field that were 1st and 3rd in points per game in the two years he was here.  Predictability was at least as much a consequence of the lack of diversity in talent as it was in BB's playcalling.  

Yeah. I feel bad for BJGE. I mean .... night and day between what Ridley is doing with his opportunities and what BJGE had done the last few seasons. It's game one, and he has already equalled BJGEs longest run of the season last year. 

That is how you *earn* more reps. By not running into your blockers or getting dragged down after two yards. 

Ridley could get 1400 yards if he runs like this and doesn't start fumbling. 

I'm still going to say that Jones has had a bigger impact as a new face. Lloyd has had an impact as well, the space underneath is noticable. We haven't seen one WR or TE get creamed on a short pass, which was common the last couple seasons. Between he and Gronk pulling safeties around, NE is going to have space to pass short and run. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts