I knew this was coming. Have you all read this on NFL.com

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

I knew this was coming. Have you all read this on NFL.com

Just looked at NFL.com

Have you all seen the new article: Ravens claim Tape Reveals Pat's Scoreboard Erred in Final Drive?

Here we go. One day after we win this game and the Ravens are trying to come out and accuse us of cheating.

I am getting so sick of this. Everytime we go to SB some stupid thing like this comes out to make it look like Pats cheated.

Go check the article out and leave your comments about it below.  I am interested in what you guys think of Ravens claims.

Did you all notice anything weird?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Re: I knew this was coming. Have you all read this on NFL.com

Here is the article if you can't find it.

Billy Cundiff knew something was wrong when he booted his last-minute, 32-yard field-goal attempt in Sunday's AFC Championship Game. The Baltimore Ravens kicker rushed his routine, and his kick sailed wide left.

But on Monday, Cundiff learned of a possible contributing factor to his frenzied approach. The Gillette Stadium scoreboard incorrectly listed the preceding second and third downs of Baltimore's final drive as first and second down, Ravens public-relations director Kevin Byrne told Deadspin.com.

Harrison: What's next for Baltimore?
    The Ravens had a top-tier defense and prolific tailback, but they still couldn't reach Super Bowl XLVI. Now the questions begin, says
    Elliot Harrison. More ...

Byrne confirmed the downs were incorrectly displayed after he watched video of the game.

Earlier Monday, Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs told ESPN that many players noticed the discrepency on the final series and were confused by it. They believed Anquan Boldin's fumble out of bounds after a first-down reception had given Baltimore another first down at the New England Patriots' 10-yard line. But the ball was brought back to the 14 -- spot of the fumble -- and the Ravens faced second-and-1. The scoreboard, however, listed the subsequent play as first down.

The Ravens ran two more plays, both passes toward the end zone, before calling on Cundiff, who missed his fourth-down kick, giving the Patriots a 23-20 victory and a berth in Super Bowl XLVI.

"There was just a lot of confusion on that last play," Suggs said Monday on ESPN, according to The Baltimore Sun. "Those last two plays, it happened so fast."

Cundiff told Deadspin.com earlier Monday that his sideline practice routine, which changes by down, was off, and he went onto the field later than usual as a result. He then sped up his pre-kick routine instead of calling the Ravens' final timeout.

"Instead of taking a deep breath and collecting myself, everything just kept speeding up, speeding up," Cundiff said. "The mechanics of the operation were just off a little bit."

After an outpouring of support from teammates and fellow kickers, Cundiff said he was fine and took responsibility for the play, which ended Baltimore's season.

"You face the music. You understand what goes on with the game and the position I play," Cundiff said, according to The Associated Press. "Everyone's going to be there to pat you on the back when you make the kick. A lot of times, I try to deflect the attention because it is a team win. And when things don't go the way you want them to, you've got to take a lot of the blame."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

The previous element was an advertisement.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

To me this just seems like the Ravens finding something to whine about because they didn't win but that is why I am asking did you guys notice anything funny about the downs being incorrectly displayed? I suppose those who were at the game might know more. I just watched from home so really didn't see anything. BUT....I don't believe the ravens either.

Go NE. Win SB 46

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Easy, the Pats scoreboard operators were just as confused as the Ravens on the rules of a fumble. The Ravens said they didn't know that the rules changed either. Why is this an issue? And if Cundiff needed time to collect his thoughts and breathe he should've held the ball. I'm sure no one would get on him for doing that and making a 36 yard FG than just missing it in general. 

What a d0uch3 that Cundiff is, you missed because you suck. Don't blame anyone else for that. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

There's absolutely no way they could have called a timeout or looked at the orange sticks and down marker on the field, no, no way they could have done that. had they used their final timeout, they wouldn't still have it today and you never know when they may need it for a rainy day. Yep, it was an evil conspiracy by the clock keeper because they knew there wad no way that the Ravens would know what was actually going on, I mean 1st down at the 14 after getting a first down inside the 10 yard line?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: I knew this was coming. Have you all read this on NFL.com:
    [QUOTE]Here is the article if you can't find it. Billy Cundiff knew something was wrong when he booted his last-minute, 32-yard field-goal attempt in Sunday's AFC Championship Game . The Baltimore Ravens kicker rushed his routine, and his kick sailed wide left. But on Monday, Cundiff learned of a possible contributing factor to his frenzied approach. The Gillette Stadium scoreboard incorrectly listed the preceding second and third downs of Baltimore's final drive as first and second down, Ravens public-relations director Kevin Byrne told Deadspin.com . Harrison: What's next for Baltimore? The Ravens had a top-tier defense and prolific tailback, but they still couldn't reach Super Bowl XLVI. Now the questions begin, says Elliot Harrison . More ... Byrne confirmed the downs were incorrectly displayed after he watched video of the game. Earlier Monday, Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs told ESPN that many players noticed the discrepency on the final series and were confused by it. They believed Anquan Boldin 's fumble out of bounds after a first-down reception had given Baltimore another first down at the New England Patriots ' 10-yard line. But the ball was brought back to the 14 -- spot of the fumble -- and the Ravens faced second-and-1. The scoreboard, however, listed the subsequent play as first down. The Ravens ran two more plays, both passes toward the end zone, before calling on Cundiff, who missed his fourth-down kick, giving the Patriots a 23-20 victory and a berth in Super Bowl XLVI . "There was just a lot of confusion on that last play," Suggs said Monday on ESPN, according to The Baltimore Sun . "Those last two plays, it happened so fast."   Cundiff told Deadspin.com earlier Monday that his sideline practice routine, which changes by down, was off, and he went onto the field later than usual as a result. He then sped up his pre-kick routine instead of calling the Ravens' final timeout. "Instead of taking a deep breath and collecting myself, everything just kept speeding up, speeding up," Cundiff said. "The mechanics of the operation were just off a little bit." After an outpouring of support from teammates and fellow kickers, Cundiff said he was fine and took responsibility for the play, which ended Baltimore's season. "You face the music. You understand what goes on with the game and the position I play," Cundiff said, according to The Associated Press. "Everyone's going to be there to pat you on the back when you make the kick. A lot of times, I try to deflect the attention because it is a team win. And when things don't go the way you want them to, you've got to take a lot of the blame." The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]

Yawn!! You can always count on the Buzzards to bellow about something, every time they lose. It's never their fault. It's the refs, the scoreboard operators, glare flashed in the eyes of Lee Evans from a Patriots' camera-man, Ray Lewis stubbing his toe, the Patriots watering the field, the Patriots freezing the field...etc..

The Buzzards are now something like 1-8 in their last 9 games with the Pats.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Can someone please tell the Ravens that when they point their finger they have three fingers pointing back at them. 

Maybe Harbaugh should have called that time out instead of rushing his kicker onto the field to blow the kick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Suggs was the source of this whine. It figures: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-terrell-suggs-says-there-was-miscommunication-before-billy-cundiffs-missed-kick-20120123,0,330088.story?track=rss

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I heard on the radio (DC Sports Talk) that the Ravens coaches were also yelling at Cundiff right before the kick because they were wondering why he wasn't ready to go onto the field. This story might explain why.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

I'm sure the stadium scoreboard operators knew that Cundiff had a certain routine that he uses--down by down--to get ready for a big kick, and that's why the scoreboard was incorrect (sarc/off).

As far as excuses go, this is one of the lamest I've ever heard.

Mind you, right after the game Cundiff was being a pretty stand-up guy about his miss. Now his PR director comes out a day later and says the scoreboard was messed up, and Cundiff starts backtracking and begins to grab on to this excuse, hoping it will stick.

This is why the Pats are unique folks. Five years ago, New England was victimized by perhaps the most one-sided officiating crew in the history of AFC title games at Indianapolis, and to this day none of the players on that Pats' team has used the horrid officiating in that game as an excuse as to why Indy went to the Super Bowl and the Pats didn't (never mind that their beef would have been completely legitimate).

You don't make excuses when you lose at the NFL level. You suck it up, admit that you lost, and you go out and try to correct things for the next go-around.

The Ravens never seem to learn that lesson and they always seem to end up in the same situation every January, don't they?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This isn't the first game where the down was inaccurate on the scoreboard nor will it be the last.  If there was confusion on the sideline then that's on the coach(es) and up to him(them) to get clarification from the officiating crew.  As far as Cundiff's sideline routine: noted.  Of greater significance is that he was not in sync with the rest of the kicking team when they were called onto the field. 

Officials miss things during a game.  DMC being dragged into the end zone by his face mask is but one example. 

Much ado about nothing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This is why they missed the chip shot FG. Because God knew what kind of whiners they were going to be and pre-emptively punished them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

if they were that confused, call a TIMEOUT! Or ask an official AFTER the clock stopped on one of your TWO incompletions!! Thats what a leader who is calm and cool under pressure does!! Instead Terrell Suggs and the rest of the defense were confused on the bench? Give me a break....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The sideline markers, RIGHT NEXT TO THEM, was correct!!  Is that all they do on the sideline, watch the score board for cheerleader shots??!!  Also, the scoreboard is run BY THE NFL, not local Patriots staff!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Losers make excuses.... Ravens have lost a lot and thus became expert at it

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

The scoreboard is there for reference only.  Downs, timing, etc. is all officially kept on the field.  Frankly, if they don't have their head in the game, it just makes them look worse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Before everyone jumps on the Ravens the media is actually miss representing what they said. It's not them making excuses it's the fans and media.

My respect level went up for both Cundiff and Suggs actually.

Cundiff said he should have been able to make the kick without taking a step, he had a timeout and should have used it, and that it was his fault for not understanding the situation

Suggs during an interview said that everything that happened was confusing and basically told Bayless to not make excuses and misrepresent what he was saying, basically that he didn't blame the scoreboard for the loss. Oddly enough the media took only a portion of what he said and ran with it.

It funny that that stuff was left out in the article.

Listen normally I think the Ravens are a bunch of whinny crybabies but in this case they are saying and doing the right thing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Bottom Line - if you have a timeout and the 3rd down play fails at the end of the game, ALWAYS call the timeout as an automatic reflex immediately.  No questions asked.  A kicker should never have to rush on the field like that when there is a timeout remaining.  This is worse than icing the kicker. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

If Brady was on the Pats would have won in a blow-out. Sour grapes from the  media hacks, bloggers, Ravens players and fans. Coming close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. You wouldn't hear drivel coming from the in Pats if they lost. I counted 5 holding calls on the Gnats OL during Eli's desperation scramble in the last min of SB 42. Pats took the loss as pros and moved on. Now we have scoreboardgate. Jealousy is a severe character defect.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I understand what he is saying.. The last time I didn't struck out in softball was because the score board had the wrong inning posted
    ..I always adjust my cup three times from the first to the 7th innings and I adjust 4 times if I'm at bat in the 8th or 9th. . 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

So the professional football players didn't know the rules and couldn't keep track of the downs even though everyone who's not a professional player had no problem figuring it out including all the Ravens coaches.

Lamest excuse of all time. 

How about they look at the number on the top of the down marker since that's official and not the scoreboard. 

Can't advance the ball on a fumble, I don't even think that's new.